Discuss Scratch

bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

SimpleScratch wrote:

after importing an xml file with that text in it - No File>Export blocks menu is created
Huh, right you are. So there's some syntactic error in the file that I'm too tired to find tonight.

aprekates
Scratcher
10 posts

Snap! user discussion

In Snap reference manual a ‘for’ block is mentioned. But i dont see it in the Snap enviroment.
_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

aprekates wrote:

In Snap reference manual a ‘for’ block is mentioned. But i dont see it in the Snap enviroment.
You can get the “for” block, among many other handy ones, by clicking the file icon in the menu bar and selecting “Import tools”. It's basically the “standard library” of blocks that are particularly useful in Snap!. BTW, you may be interested in checking out the “Libraries…” option, too – it'll show you a whole bunch of unique sets of blocks you can use!

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
MDCCCLXVII
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

I remade the “Streams” project from BYOB 3.1. To try it, go to this url:

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snapsource/snap.html#present:Username=mdccclxvii&ProjectName=streams(remade%20from%20byob)
computerboy12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

YOU ALL ARE NECROPOSTERS

JUST KIDDING

Last edited by computerboy12345 (Feb. 14, 2019 04:29:15)

CHRISTIAN—CODER—KUMQUAT KILLER

i run a kumquat exterminating business just so u know
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Beta testers wanted for new web site!

Please visit https://cloud.snap.berkeley.edu/site/ and try to break it! And tell us how you like its general appearance, etc.

Thanks!

space_elephant
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

bharvey wrote:

Beta testers wanted for new web site!

Please visit https://cloud.snap.berkeley.edu/site/ and try to break it! And tell us how you like its general appearance, etc.

Thanks!
Many things (project flag, pause, stop, search icon, loading icon, user icon) show as boxes like  (for user icon)

red link
[url=redlink.com][color=red][u]red link[/u][/color][/url]
bromagosa
Scratcher
4 posts

Snap! user discussion

space_elephant wrote:

Many things (project flag, pause, stop, search icon, loading icon, user icon) show as boxes like  (for user icon)

Hmm. I've never seen this happen. Had you visited the site before? Can you clear your cache and retry, please?
BlueLava_Productions
Scratcher
98 posts

Snap! user discussion

I have tried snap and works on older operating systems such as my cousins this is a remake of 1.4 but better and has the features of 2.0 the more blocks are also made in any category so I recommend it to you all!

Let's Erupt
chanakaya
New to Scratch
1 post

Snap! user discussion

Hello everyone,
Can we use scratch with nativescript, Is there any way to integrate it in my mobile app
space_elephant
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

bromagosa wrote:

space_elephant wrote:

Hmm. I've never seen this happen. Had you visited the site before? Can you clear your cache and retry, please?
Still happens. (I have to clear my cache all the time.)
 is actually replacing U+1f310, GLOBE WITH MERIDIANS

Last edited by space_elephant (Feb. 15, 2019 19:05:55)

red link
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

space_elephant wrote:

Do your browser settings specify a font? I have this trouble on lots of sites because I do that in my settings.

troycarr
Scratcher
9 posts

Snap! user discussion

f
troycarr
Scratcher
9 posts

Snap! user discussion

how to make a
<key [enter] pressed?>
oh wait its

<key [ (join [enter] [])] pressed?>

Last edited by troycarr (Feb. 16, 2019 21:44:04)

space_elephant
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

bharvey wrote:

space_elephant wrote:

Do your browser settings specify a font? I have this trouble on lots of sites because I do that in my settings.
My default font is DejaVu Serif, size 16.

red link
Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

I'm stuck with a constant loading screen in IE 11
cycomachead
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Wettining wrote:

I'm stuck with a constant loading screen in IE 11

If you're comfortable opening up the developer tools, you can let us know what errors appear. Unfortunately, IE 11 is pretty hard to support. Do you have the ability to use Edge or Firefox?
cycomachead
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

space_elephant wrote:

bharvey wrote:

space_elephant wrote:

If you turn off the font will the boxes come back? This might be it, though I'm not really sure why browsers don't give more control here. (The issue is that the icons are characters in a font which don't exist in other fonts.)
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

cycomachead wrote:

(The issue is that the icons are characters in a font which don't exist in other fonts.)
… which perverts the whole idea of interoperability and standards. Documents shouldn't specify fonts; browsers should do that. I'd be happier if our web site were standards-conforming, all else being equal. (And fonts downloaded from the web run the risk of sending metadata to the site hosting the font.)

space_elephant
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

cycomachead wrote:

space_elephant wrote:

bharvey wrote:

space_elephant wrote:

If you turn off the font will the boxes come back? This might be it, though I'm not really sure why browsers don't give more control here. (The issue is that the icons are characters in a font which don't exist in other fonts.)
But they shouldn't be characters? They should be svgs.

Firefox will allow the document to use any font it likes, the default is DejaVu Serif 16.

Last edited by space_elephant (Feb. 20, 2019 15:04:55)

red link