Discuss Scratch

WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

BigNate469 wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

support because there are no downsides. If someone is harassing people because of likes on their comments they're probably insane and you can report them. and spam isn't really an issue unless it is an advertisement. (just ignore it) there should also be a tab for sorting by most liked cause then it wont mean anything
See @BringUpYourPost's comment directly above yours. There's definitely downsides.
If there are downsides then it's the community. It is basically just internet points that don't mean anything. Most spam will probably be harmless until people start making likebots and advertise some weird stuff, but that most likely won't happen anytime soon
BringUpYourPost
Scratcher
500+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

WindowsAdmin wrote:

BigNate469 wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

support because there are no downsides. If someone is harassing people because of likes on their comments they're probably insane and you can report them. and spam isn't really an issue unless it is an advertisement. (just ignore it) there should also be a tab for sorting by most liked cause then it wont mean anything
See @BringUpYourPost's comment directly above yours. There's definitely downsides.
If there are downsides then it's the community. It is basically just internet points that don't mean anything. Most spam will probably be harmless until people start making likebots and advertise some weird stuff, but that most likely won't happen anytime soon
The community is shaped by the program.
WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

BringUpYourPost wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

BigNate469 wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

The community is shaped by the program.
people exploit stuff on scratch all the time, st wouldn't remove the projects feature because one guy is spamming tags on theirs
BionicBoy554
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

WindowsAdmin wrote:

st wouldn't remove the projects feature because one guy is spamming tags on theirs
Rather tags, not projects altogether

I specialize in animating fight collabs. I've entered the ‘decent’ stage.

A couple of studios I’m in:

A kumquat ate my productivity.
WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

deleted

Last edited by WindowsAdmin (May 7, 2024 19:27:25)

WindowsAdmin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

BionicBoy554 wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

st wouldn't remove the projects feature because one guy is spamming tags on theirs
no they wouldn't
undeterministic
Scratcher
500+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

WindowsAdmin wrote:

BionicBoy554 wrote:

WindowsAdmin wrote:

no they wouldn't
Why not?

SupaYoshiBro
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

its a good idea because it lets people know that they like their comments without spamming “yes” or “I like it” so much that the owner turns off commenting

also if they use it to spam just report it

Highlight the first letter of my signature
then shift+down arrow
when green flag clicked
forever
eat apple
end

// there was a kumpquat here but he was so hungry he ate himselt XD
My 60th post
My 100th post
say [#A9EF01] :: looks

Check out my profile here!
Spaceandmoon1
Scratcher
50 posts

Liking/upvoting comments

I don't think this would be a good feature to add because you can already express that kind of thing really easily by replying to the comment and saying “I agree” or “I disagree” or “That's awesome” or other things. I don't think this should be added.