Discuss Scratch

Z-zap
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Lately, I have been seeing some hilarious comments, and I think that people should be able to upvote them.

klomaster10
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

This would be a cool idea, but it also pose some problems, like spamming comments with memes and jokes and other junk, just so they could get a ‘like’ or ‘upvote’.
Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

if allowed, can we upvote our own comments?

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
Z-zap
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Zro716 wrote:

if allowed, can we upvote our own comments?

I guess so.

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Support! No downvoting, but upvoting only. It allows multiple people to express the same opinion without them all having to post it separately.

Z-zap
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

turkey3 wrote:

Support! No downvoting, but upvoting only. It allows multiple people to express the same opinion without them all having to post it separately.
Right. No downvoting.

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Z-zap wrote:

Lately, I have been seeing some hilarious comments, and I think that people should be able to upvote them.
Support
Chainmanner
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

As much as a good idea this might be, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to turn that upvote for this thread upside-down. It might encourage unfriendly competition to get the higher comment, some memes might get higher ratings than a comment better in quality, etc.
animeart78
Scratcher
8 posts

Liking/upvoting comments

On Scratch, there are good projects… yes, and just ok projects, to those projects that could use a bit more work… but when those projects are shared, most people leave comments… right? So, I know I have, and probably some others, have those few comments that were either really encouraging or awesome… so why not have a like button? No dislike button, but just a REPLY AND LIKE COMMENT right under the place where that person wrote their comment. And, for those scratchers who dont rly like responding to comments, if they or YOU… see that there are many likes, the person whose project it is can most-likely respond to it, rather than EVERY SINGLE comment they get… (could help for those FEATURED projects right?)
ShugoCharacter
Scratcher
1 post

Liking/upvoting comments

Wow, I didn't think that you would actually start this. Anyway, I do think it's a great idea! Oh and HI!!! -haven't talked in a while eh? nice to chat yeah?
animeart78
Scratcher
8 posts

Liking/upvoting comments

ShugoCharacter wrote:

Wow, I didn't think that you would actually start this. Anyway, I do think it's a great idea! Oh and HI!!! -haven't talked in a while eh? nice to chat yeah?
-_- couldnt you just tell me… Im sitting like right across from you… -_- well, thx… i think that putting a LIKE button might be nice…
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

So like this?

insert thumbnail here, Idk how to do it.

CatsUnited Like Report

Hi.
————————————
No support. How do you tell how many likes you have? Also, what if someone reports a liked comment? (Did I trick you?)

Last edited by CatsUnited (Feb. 22, 2015 09:42:15)

bottom text
Superandultra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

No support, its like the project rating thing. It discourages unpopular opinions as they would probably get alot of dislikes.

“Quoting yourself is a lazy and poor attempt at trying to make your argument seem professional and intimidating”-Superandultra 2015
MrSherlockHolmes
Scratcher
500+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Too much like youtube. Anyway, comments are mostly irrelevant. The project is what counts

Centred signature.
animeart78
Scratcher
8 posts

Liking/upvoting comments

Ok… good points… What about a follow button instead? like if someone already asked the same question or maybe they think that a certain question is interesting… and so when they click the FOLLOW COMMENT (idk) so once they click it, they will get a notice in their messages when someone responds to that comment… what about that? maybe? idk its a suggestion… Its just instead of putting a LIKE for comments… yea? ‘-’
little_kitten
Scratcher
500+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

I like the idea. What if you could like forum posts too? I think we'd need that!

The above post was likely clear sass. 10 outta 10.
Unless it wasn't. Which happens from time to time. Sadly.
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

You have a few good points, but I'm just wondering if it's beneficial enough to be worth the effort on ST's part…

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
animeart78
Scratcher
8 posts

Liking/upvoting comments

little_kitten wrote:

I like the idea. What if you could like forum posts too? I think we'd need that!
(: yay a supporter!
MegaApuTurkUltra
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

little_kitten wrote:

$(".box-head")[0].textContent = "committing AT crimes since $whenever"
ealgase
Scratcher
100+ posts

Liking/upvoting comments

little_kitten wrote:

ST should get the top ten users from Advanced Topics to code Scratch 3 instead of the project they created.