Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐ Longarms Creations ⭐ We complete anything you need with the longest and strongest hands! ⭐ NOW HIRING AND OPEN TO ORDERS ⭐ [RSS Feed]
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

⭐ Longarms Creations ⭐ We complete anything you need with the longest and strongest hands! ⭐ NOW HIRING AND OPEN TO ORDERS ⭐

NLC_BC1_08 wrote:

Not trying to start a flame war. I am sorry that you thought I was being mean. That was not my intent . Anyways I get that they use it in hotels and businesses but we are over the internet and you cannot show expression and people always take it a bad way. All i'm trying to say is that if you say “glad you understand” it could come off sarcastic. At least that is what I thought of when I read it. It could come off rude especially to a person who wanted to work for. (I am saying all of this with a kind expression and not trying to be rude.) there are better ways to tern somebody down. Please don't take any of this personally.

However, you're the first person in my six months experience of using that terminology who finds that post sarcastic. I can't change my character or behavior because one person in twenty thinks the term is slightly mean. If you say “thank you” to a lot of people, but one of the hundred people doesn't like you saying “thank you”, you would still use that term because 99 people didn't judge or remark about it. Do you understand what I mean? (again, by that last sentence, I'm just kindly asking if you're following and not in a sarcastic way)

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

⭐ Longarms Creations ⭐ We complete anything you need with the longest and strongest hands! ⭐ NOW HIRING AND OPEN TO ORDERS ⭐

PUBLIC SERVICES POLL RESULTS
All team members / voters must read the entire post.

We're back at it again with yet another poll results post! The last poll was quite interesting with the sudden tie, and we might even have improvements for tie polls and better ways to prevent people from having the same bias in the future! But for now, with all of the work and results going on, we don't really have time for that, do we? I also promise I won't procrastinate like yesterday or for the last one hour again - it's not good for a leader to do stuff like that and I hope it doesn't repeat.

Anyways, today we're going to be taking a look at the poll results of the Public Services suggestion, which was a rather interesting one which suggested that there should be a topic in the Collaborations forum called the “Public Services” topic, which would allow non-team members to help out with completing orders that haven't been taken past the deadline or the order is way too hard for the team members to complete. The non-team members could get reviews and such, and they would still not be a member of Longarms if they didn't want to join in on the official stuff - they could just be a volunteer, you could say.

But, all of that explanation may or may not be for no reason, because what are the results of this poll? Without no further ado, let's go take a look!
Results
lol, no, why would you let everyone complete orders if there are literally team members in the shop - 60.00%
Yes, it would help so much to connect with external Scratchers and also with completing orders more easily and conveniently. - 40.00%
I don't know, these options both seem reasonable and I'm unbiased about it. - 0.00%
I don't care whether this gets implemented or not, you do what you wish - 0.00%

WHOA! That was definitely different from what everyone expected - the first poll suggestion of Longarms Creations that will not be implemented! However, does this poll result need a celebration due to being the first non-implementation? I don't think so - some users might be sad since their bias wasn't chosen and the Public Services wasn't implemented. But, Longarms Creations does what the public wants, and the Public Services might get implemented some other day because of some huge coincidence, but just not today.

This was definitely an interesting result to take a look at! We're extremely sorry for the 24 hours delay on releasing the poll results, I will try my best to not procrastinate in the future. See you again with another poll result tomorrow!

Nambaseking01 (Nammy)
Founder & President of Longarms Creations
Founder & Former President of the Scratch Ultimate Coding Shop

Last edited by Nambaseking01 (Aug. 21, 2020 13:59:25)

itschaoticcrazycat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

-le snippo du pollitarde-
WOW. Seriously though, wow! That wasn't what I excpected either! I wonder if others might change their mind if we had a do over…

Moved to @starfiishii. no longer an active scratch user.

(thank you @Honeybreeze)
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

itschaoticcrazycat wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

WOW. Seriously though, wow! That wasn't what I excpected either! I wonder if others might change their mind if we had a do over…

Yup, that was definitely a turn of events, I did not expect that particular suggestion to be downvoted like that. We could have a do-over, but that would make it unfair and it might seem like we're only doing a do-over because I don't like the current results (I know you didn't exactly ask for one, but I'm just remarking)

itschaoticcrazycat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

itschaoticcrazycat wrote:

Nambaseking01 wrote:

Yup, that was definitely a turn of events, I did not expect that particular suggestion to be downvoted like that. We could have a do-over, but that would make it unfair and it might seem like we're only doing a do-over because I don't like the current results (I know you didn't exactly ask for one, but I'm just remarking)
Yeah. I understand.

Moved to @starfiishii. no longer an active scratch user.

(thank you @Honeybreeze)
cubbywindowsdpc
Scratcher
500+ posts

Shop Suggestion
I propose that Longarms Creations adds BoD meetings into its shop: A BoD meeting is a discussion made on the team members' studio that can only be interacted with by BoD members, and has three different discussion channels, made into three different comment chains. The first channel would be for discussing the day-to-day running of the shop, the second would be for shop suggestions, and the last would be for discussing other items relating to the shop. We would strike any non BoD members that use the BoD meeting, and give our BoD members 1 week to participate in the BoD meeting. This system would allow us to further fine-tune how our shop is managed, and would also introduce an easier way to propose suggestions.

-A proud Little Mix superfan.
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SPONSORED ADVERTISEMENT FOR VIDEO GAME TIPS

Do you play a lot of video games, and sometimes just think “Ahh… How nice would it be if there was a website that documents cool tips, glitches, and ideas for all the games I play…”? Are you ever just interested in learning how to do a backflip in your favorite sports game, or how to defeat that amazingly strong boss at Level 40 in your favorite adventure game? Well, we have the website just for you - Video Game Tips, a blog that documents multiple ways to become a professional at your favorite game: https://videogametip.wordpress.com/

They make articles almost every week or month about multiple games that will definitely help you in your gamer journey, especially if you're a YouTuber or a streamer. We definitely recommend the website!

Enjoy becoming a pro in all of your favorite games!

Nambaseking01 (Nammy)
Founder & President of Longarms Creations
Founder & Former President of the Scratch Ultimate Coding Shop

Last edited by Nambaseking01 (Aug. 23, 2020 12:45:47)

Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cubbywindowsdpc wrote:

Shop Suggestion
I propose that Longarms Creations adds BoD meetings into its shop: A BoD meeting is a discussion made on the team members' studio that can only be interacted with by BoD members, and has three different discussion channels, made into three different comment chains. The first channel would be for discussing the day-to-day running of the shop, the second would be for shop suggestions, and the last would be for discussing other items relating to the shop. We would strike any non BoD members that use the BoD meeting, and give our BoD members 1 week to participate in the BoD meeting. This system would allow us to further fine-tune how our shop is managed, and would also introduce an easier way to propose suggestions.

The problem with this suggestion is - Scratch is sometimes very slow in loading up old and long comment chains, and if we have three comment chains just for the BoD meetings, it would take very long to host meetings most of the time. You would probably say that you can just renew the meetings, but it would still be messy if professional BoD meetings were held meanwhile other team members could just post on them and earn a strike if they're confused and don't understand that it is a meeting, since it's just a chain in the team member studio.

And it would also be annoying for the BoD members because other team members would be discussing off-topic things and enjoying and mixing that up with the professional atmosphere would give out messy vibes, which is definitely not what I want since I seem to have enough OCD about digital organization. However, I like the BoD member meetings concept in itself, and maybe if you change it up to something like making a separate studio for it or making a separate discussion topic for it, it might work out.

However, there is currently a poll going on with a deadline on the 28th of August discussing whether a suggestions studio should be implemented where users should give their suggestions instead of on the forum topic. So, when that launches, we won't need the second channel of the BoD meetings as the suggestions should be discussed in the chain of the comment where it was first suggested. And when the discussion has become clear and everyone who was part of it finds that the idea is understandable, it can be added to the Poll Jumble. But however, the suggestion studio is a mere poll and it can be downvoted, so there's still a chance of the second channel existing.

Hopefully this clarified some points on how this suggestion can be improved and why it currently will not be taken into the Poll Jumble as it is.

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

um– oh gods–

In the future, please post funny images like this in the team member studio and not in the actual discussion topic as it is slightly off-topic. Thank you!

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is actually a directory lol

Partnership Form
Username: LankyBox01
What is the name of your shop: The Ultimate Directory v1.0! ⒺⓋⒺⓇⓎⓉⒽⒾⓃⒼ ⒹⒾⓇⒺⒸⓉⓄⓇⓎ ②⓪②⓪
What is the link of your shop: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/432977/
Please provide the banner of your shop (required): https://u.cubeupload.com/LankyBox01/YN7Ntm.png
Have you read the Partnership Terms in the Terms and Conditions: yup
What is our deal (partnerships do not get accepted without a proper and fair deal): nothing we just put each other's banners up.
Additional notes: none

I'm a red panda btw
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

Partnership Form
What is the name of your shop: The Ultimate Directory v1.0! ⒺⓋⒺⓇⓎⓉⒽⒾⓃⒼ ⒹⒾⓇⒺⒸⓉⓄⓇⓎ ②⓪②⓪
Please provide the banner of your shop (required): https://u.cubeupload.com/LankyBox01/YN7Ntm.png
What is our deal (partnerships do not get accepted without a proper and fair deal): nothing we just put each other's banners up.

Nothing?

Please give a proper deal instead of just saying that it's nothing.

Slyther1n_1968
Scratcher
76 posts

Username: Slyther1n_1968
What is the name of your shop: Amethyst Art
What is the link of your shop: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27347127/
Please provide the banner of your shop (required):
Have you read the Partnership Terms in the Terms and Conditions: Yes
What is our deal (partnerships do not get accepted without a proper and fair deal): We will help each other whenever possible and are able to contact each other easily
Additional notes: None except we only take arty orders

This post was by Slyther1n_1968
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Slyther1n_1968 wrote:

What is our deal (partnerships do not get accepted without a proper and fair deal): We will help each other whenever possible and are able to contact each other easily

Hm, just confirming - by helping each other, do you mean we can take each other's orders whenever possible?

Last edited by Nambaseking01 (Aug. 21, 2020 15:29:50)

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

LankyBox01 wrote:

Partnership Form

Nothing?

Please give a proper deal instead of just saying that it's nothing.
fine.. advertising

I'm a red panda btw
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LankyBox01 wrote:

fine.. advertising

So we will both advertise each other's shops?

LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

LankyBox01 wrote:

fine.. advertising

So we will both advertise each other's shops?
yup

I'm a red panda btw
MossW
Scratcher
100+ posts

Shop Suggestion!
Color Key for this Post
Things I would like to remove
This is would like to add
1. Explanation
This suggestion is to do with “impossible orders”
So I've been looking at SUCS to get a feel for the history of this place, and I found an HTML order that was deemed “impossible,” that I had actually made for fun without even knowing about the order. I would like to propose some changes to the Terms & Conditions.
2. Changes to the Terms & Conditions
1 - Ordering at Longarms Creations

1.1 - We will not complete any orders that don't follow the Community Guidelines or break the rules of Scratch or the forums. Compelling us to do so will result in an order ban from Longarms.
1.2 - We will not complete any orders that are nearly impossible for mere children like us (e.g. high-tech cloud systems or an exact recreation of the Mona Lisa)
1.2 - You can submit any order, but if people take it and feel like it is impossible, then it will be given to the Order Confirmer (read the section in this post on the BoD for more info). This is to make sure your order will almost always be completed.
1.3 - If your order is complicated or involves long code or a lot of art, the deadline may not be under 24 hours.
1.3.1 - That being said, if you did not read the above term and still set your deadline really low, we are not liable if your order turns out in bad quality or doesn't get completed within the deadline.
1.4 - If your order hasn't been finished within the deadline, do not put the blame on random team members who have done nothing wrong - contact the team member who took your order in the first place.
1.5 - Please try to fill in our customer survey when your order has been completed so we know whether you liked it or not.
1.6 - Lastly, please remember to credit the team member who made your project or otherwise anything shared on an application/website using Fair Use will be reported.
1.7 - You must include the sentence “coronavirus should leave this earth” in your order for confirmation that you've read these policies.

2 - Working at Longarms Creations

2.1 - Applying

2.1.1 - You should have read all the other Terms and Conditions and not thing alone so you have a basic understanding of what is allowed (what isn't), and how everything works. (reading section 4 is optional but recommended)
2.1.2 - You should answer all of the questions in the application except for the nickname one, which is optional.
2.1.3 - You must be following the discussion - and if you say “no” in your application, you must give proof that you will check this topic at least twice a day.

2.2 - Morality

2.2.1 - You must check the Unclaimed Orders Center everyday to make sure there aren't any orders you can't complete.
2.2.2 - We use strikes at Longarms Creations, you can receive one for breaking these terms or failing to respond to an activity check (see rule 2.5.2).
2.2.3 - If you receive a total of four strikes, you will be fired from Longarms Creations.
2.2.4 - You must be friendly to all of our customers and not be harsh to anyone.
2.2.5 - If a customer breaks the Community Guidelines, report the post and kindly point it out but do not start an argument.
2.2.6 - You may not discuss irrelevant subjects on this forum thread.
2.2.6.1 - However, we have a team member studio in which team members can discuss anything and have fun: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/27343764/
2.2.6 - The rules specified in this post must also be followed strictly. (however, also keep this policy in mind and remember to let the president know if something like that happens)
2.2.7 - All team members have undeniable rights to unionize and subsequently are granted union rights.
2.2.8 - All team members have undeniable rights to propose changes.
2.2.9 - You must check the Terms and Conditions at least once a week to check and make sure you haven't missed out on any new policies (the whole Terms and Conditions page, not just this section).

2.3 - Taking Orders

2.3.1 - Remind customers to fill in the customer survey right after completing orders and letting them know.
2.3.2 - You may not renege on your orders.
2.3.3 - You may ask the manager of your shop to help or complete your order, but nobody else.
2.3.4 - If you don't have any orders to attend to, you can check the Partnerships to see if other shops allow us to complete their orders. If so, try to complete some of them.
2.3.5 - If the customer is stating that they want a specialist to complete their order, then you must be a specialist in that service to complete it (it should also be stated in your application.
2.3.6 - You may only take orders that are within your service.
2.3.7 - You must use the Update Services form if you wish to update the services you work in.

2.4 - Resigning & Taking Leaves

2.4.1 - Leaves may only be one month in total, and may be extended to one month and a half but only if the reason is extremely urgent. Any proof that it is not will give you two strikes.
2.4.2 - You may always rejoin after you resign, but you may not resign because you are going on a hiatus or something similar - instead, just take a leave.
2.4.2.1 - However, you may resign if your hiatus will be more than a month and join back later when you wish.
2.4.3 - Taking a 1.5 month leave for hiatus is not permitted.
2.4.4 - Stacking leaves is not permitted.
2.4.5 - All team members have a right to two days of leave per two weeks.
2.4.5.1 - Whenever a team member uses it, they must notify the president and they will be called off from activity checks.
2.4.6 - You must fill in the leave and resign forms if you wish to take those actions.

2.5 - Activity Checks

2.5.1 - Sometimes, we host things called activity checks to make sure you are active - you can respond to an activity check by posting “active”.
2.5.2 - If you don't respond to an activity check, you get one strike.
2.5.3 - If you are on leave or any other special break from this shop, you will be excused from activity checks.

2.6 - Poll Jumble

2.6.1 - More information about the Poll Jumble can be found at the post itself.
2.6.2 - You must check the Poll Jumble at least once every two days to make sure you've voted on all the new polls and haven't missed out.
2.6.3 - If you cannot vote on Strawpoll for the Poll Jumble, you can always tell your opinions in a forum post and we will count it along.
2.6.4 - As of the 4th of August, we permit VPN users to vote on our polls.

2.7.1 - You must use the sentence “hippity hoppity this position is now my property” in your application to confirm that you've read all of these terms.

3 - Joining the Board of Directors

3.1 - General Terms / Requirements

3.1.1 - You should've read the rest of the Terms and Conditions at least twice (and you must include all code sentences in your application).
3.1.2 - You should already be a team member here for a month. (This rule was enforced on the 10th of August, and therefore any old BoD members could have joined before they were a team member for a month)
3.1.3 - If you are applying for a position with the power to make activity checks, it can only be done once a week and the deadline must be above 48 hours.
3.1.4 - You should've already worked in at least three other shops (and if you own a shop, it must at least have 20 pages of non-spam conversation, but you don't need to).
3.1.5 - All questions except for the one about additional info need to be answered or your application will not be accepted.
3.1.6 - When accepting team members into the shop (if your position has power) or accepting orders, you must check for the code sentences and make sure it is there or it isn't wrong.
3.1.7 - You may not accept anyone applying for a position higher than you if you have hiring and firing power.
3.1.8 - You must also use the code sentence “I have some neat tokens” in your application to get accepted.

3.2 - PR Officers / General Partnership Manager

3.2.1 - The main PR Officer must create an official Longarms Creations advertising studio and invite the remaining two and promote them to manager. Then, they should invite all of their followers there and advertise Longarms Creations in the description with all of the info needed. All discussing may be done between themselves, and if the studio gets abused the officer who did it will receive 3 strikes.
3.2.2 - The assistant PR Officer must create an official Longarms Creations advertising forum thread in the Show and Tell forum and advertise the advertising studio there and describe what Longarms Creations is about and that the people should check it. Then, all of the PR Officers should try to work together to bump the forum thread everyday.
3.2.3 - PR Officers are the only positions in Longarms Creations apart from the president that have the privilege to accept and negotiate with partnerships, but however, they must be extremely smart with negotiation tactics. If a partner keeps the deal at something that they get more advantages than us, then you may not accept the partnership - and if we get more than them, you also may not accept the partnership, as it could be cheating if done otherwise. Additionally, if both sides of the deal are too low or too extreme (advertising the shop every month or year, or advertising the shop on the front page) it may not be taken as deals like that can be very problematic.
3.2.4 - The general partnership manager, when accepted into the shop, will be requested to quote the current Partnerships post and manage it themselves, and if the PR Officers or the president accept a partnership, the general partnership manager must add it into the post. The current Partnerships post will not be updated, but if the partnerships manager goes inactive or on leave, then it will be kept as a reserve and will start being updated again.
3.2.5 - The general partnership manager must also host partnership activity checks, which means they should go on all of our partners and put a post saying “Hello! I am (your username), the partnership manager of Longarms Creations, and since you're our partner, we're hosting an activity check to make sure your shop is well and active. Please respond within the next one week, or you will be removed from our partnerships list.” And if they don't respond within a week or the deadline the manager gave, they can let me know and remove the partner from the Partnerships post if the president confirmed or agreed.
3.2.6 - You must use the code sentence “i am public expert xd” in your application to confirm that you've read all these terms since the PR Officers are serious and hard positions. You must be fully sure that you can take up the job and stay active.

4 - Partnerships

4.1 - All questions must be answered in order to be a partner.
4.2 - The shop we're partnering with must have 3+ employees and 4+ completed orders
4.3 - The deal must be fair, and it can't be something like “daily advertisements for us, and we give nothing to you!” It must be a worth and fair deal for each of us which improves both of our shops.
4.4 - If you are not the owner of the shop and you're filling out the form, you must include a post providing proof that the owner gave permission.
4.4.1 - You need not show proof if your position in the other shop has power to apply for partnership in ours.
2. BoD Changes
President: Total control and power.
Vice President: Has all power except implementing new policies and taking official actions (however, they may ask permission from the president to do so). Fills in for president when they're inactive.
Second Vice President: Same as vice president, and can also fill in for president when both positions are inactive.
Secretary: Has same powers as second VP but cannot host activity checks. Fills in for all presidents when inactive with assistant secretary.
Assistant Secretary: Same as secretary and fills in when they're inactive.
Manager: The manager can lend help to team members who are struggling with their orders but has the same powers as assistant secretary.

Order Confirmer: This position deals with orders that the workers who have taken them have deemed impossible.
PR Officer: Advertises shop, deals with partnership requests, and takes the job of bumping this topic.
Assistant PR Officer: Helps PR Officer and takes control if PR Officer is inactive or goes on leave.
General Partnerships Manager: Manages Partnerships post, hosts partnership activity checks, and has same control as PR Officers.

idk man: Meme position. You have no power except for taking orders. Take this position if all BoD ones are full but you just want to be recognized.
Slyther1n_1968
Scratcher
76 posts

Nambaseking01 wrote:

Slyther1n_1968 wrote:

Hm, just confirming - by helping each other, do you mean we can take each other's orders whenever possible?
Yes and if your busy then me and my wrkers can help out

This post was by Slyther1n_1968
MapleTails
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MossW wrote:

~Snip~

(Please snip….my brain hurts looking at this….)

Hey there. I'm an animator and artist
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ⭐ Longarms Creations ⭐ We complete anything you need with the longest and strongest hands! ⭐ NOW HIRING AND OPEN TO ORDERS ⭐ [RSS Feed]