Discuss Scratch

BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

ArcherMAPS wrote:

can you specify what a “mature” sprite or sound is. Because art is for all ages and sound. I don't really dabble into sounds that much.
There are many examples for sprites. Sounds however haven't been discussed as much.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

mlcreater wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

I think they mean not this:

I'm going to be very honest here, that scares me, and I'm 13, it might not scare other people, but I know for a fact that is absolutely creepy and absolutely would scare some scratchers

But otherwise I think that if you want “more mature” sprites, you should make them yourself
I'm younger than you, and that thing gives me nightmares.
You had better not join the newly formed Butterfly Cult.
They joined.

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what would a mature sound be? sound of eternal screaming?

or this?

BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

what would a mature sound be? sound of eternal screaming?
Murders? Screams of terrors? Killing noises?
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this mature enough?

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Is this mature enough?
-snip-
Yup, that should do.
trolltanic
Scratcher
7 posts

when green flag clicked
move (15) steps
move (-15) steps
play sound [ v]
trolltanic
Scratcher
7 posts

hello everyone I'm a trolltanic

Last edited by trolltanic (June 7, 2020 02:39:26)

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

trolltanic wrote:

when green flag clicked
move (15) steps
move (-15) steps
play sound [ v]

trolltanic wrote:

*ahem* We're trying to have some “”“”“civil”“”“” discussion here.

Last edited by fdreerf (June 7, 2020 02:48:19)

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

trolltanic wrote:

when green flag clicked
move (15) steps
move (-15) steps
play sound [ v]

trolltanic wrote:

*ahem* We're trying to have some “”“civil”“” discussion here.
*ahem*

fdreerf wrote:

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

*ahem* We're trying to have some “”“civil”“” discussion here.
*ahem*
-snip-
Sorry, I must've forgot an extra 2 pairs of sarcastic apostrophes.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Support! Doesn't hurt to add more, right?

Also, with some of the sprites they really don't appeal to me, and I actually have no clue how I would or anyone would use that such sprite, and I want more options
It does hurt to add more.
My computer already takes about half a minute to un-freeze and load after I open the sprite library.
How slow is your computer then? I mean, no offense but it's not the ST's problem if your internet is slow.
I'm on an iMac with fairly fast internet, it freezes for a good 5 seconds for me.

!!
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

snip
That's odd. I use an iPad mini 4 and I have no lag. Maybe you are using an older computer?
Yep. 3 years old.

That isn't old! I have had mine for over 5 years! (not this one but another one)

I wonder what is wrong
Age doesn't mean everything - the processor in my computer is an AMD FX-8350, which is nearly 8 years old as of writing this and wasn't even that good of a processor in its time, but the sprite library loads and is usable in under a second for me (downloading the sprites takes about 5-10 seconds but it doesn't freeze it). You take that FX-8350 and pit it against an Intel Celeron or other low-end processor from the same generation, and the FX will win every time. Other significant factors include how much RAM there is, and potentially hard drive speed if it's loading anything from cache.

(Note that age of the processor was determined by date of initial release - unless there was a significant hardware revision, it doesn't matter how old the individual unit is {unless the unit is defective} because it was created from the same template as the first of its kind.)

Last edited by Flowermanvista (June 7, 2020 03:07:36)

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

Is this mature enough?
That's not the kind of mature background I was thinking of. I was just thinking of backgrounds, sprites and sounds that would be less cartoonish.
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Is this mature enough?
That's not the kind of mature background I was thinking of. I was just thinking of backgrounds, sprites and sounds that would be less cartoonish.
It was a joke, it's just that there has only been one example of a mature sprite.
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

Is this mature enough?
It was a joke, it's just that there has only been one example of a mature sprite.
Ok.
Vercte
Scratcher
500+ posts

mlcreater wrote:

Yep. 3 years old.

Um… my computer's 8 years old (2012 macbook) and it works absolutely fine…

//ontopic now//

not that active anymore

_________

Seriously. Period. I'm not that active anymore. I've recently realised that Scratch, while good for basic programing, is just not that versatile for making games. So, I've moved on to engines like Roblox and Stencyl, which are entirely different from scratch. Farewell.
LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Semi-Support
I think an explosion sound would be nice!
And some more costumes would be AMAZING
But, scratch is for everyone, especially kids
Scratch is targeted to younger people, and i think advanced things are too much for newbies

Edit: Misspelled “support” with a bad word lol

Last edited by LankyBox01 (July 8, 2020 18:32:00)

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw