Discuss Scratch

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

-Exphire- wrote:

other person wrote:

people wrote:

things
The coolest loop in the whole sound library.
They also only have fashion-stuff-like glasses. THERE IS NO DARK SUNGLASSES SPRITE.

The scratch editor is lacking moistness right now.

But on topic now:
Maybe we can actually suggest stuff now? that you REALLY DO want? I would like:
-Newer cars. These just look………. outdated.
-More fashion stuff. There is only one t-shirt, and only a few shorts and pants I actually like. Plus, the dress-up person has no male costume.
-Less childish animals. The bugs, the hippo with wings… I would like some that are better looking. Like, really, none of the dogs make much sense.
-Vector remakes. a lot of sprites that I would want (like tennis ball and trampoline) are… photos. I want vector remakes that are made in the editor.
And these backdrops:
-Shelves
-more rooms like kitchen. living room, office, and storage room
a suggestion that might be a duplicate is a spriting contest but I don't know how that would work
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

64lu wrote:

-Exphire- wrote:

other person wrote:

people wrote:

things
The coolest loop in the whole sound library.
They also only have fashion-stuff-like glasses. THERE IS NO DARK SUNGLASSES SPRITE.

The scratch editor is lacking moistness right now.

But on topic now:
Maybe we can actually suggest stuff now? that you REALLY DO want? I would like:
-Newer cars. These just look………. outdated.
-More fashion stuff. There is only one t-shirt, and only a few shorts and pants I actually like. Plus, the dress-up person has no male costume.
-Less childish animals. The bugs, the hippo with wings… I would like some that are better looking. Like, really, none of the dogs make much sense.
-Vector remakes. a lot of sprites that I would want (like tennis ball and trampoline) are… photos. I want vector remakes that are made in the editor.
And these backdrops:
-Shelves
-more rooms like kitchen. living room, office, and storage room
a suggestion that might be a duplicate is a spriting contest but I don't know how that would work
I don't think that would count. This is not suggesting how'd they get there but the end result and how'd they look.
64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

-snip
I don't think that would count. This is not suggesting how'd they get there but the end result and how'd they look.
yeah I was just adding on to this part:

-Exphire- wrote:

Maybe we can actually suggest stuff now? that you REALLY DO want?
TheNintendoFan2020
Scratcher
1000+ posts

maybe a scratch cat ready for a fight could be a more mature sprite

(Wow, i had this banner on my signature for 2 years now. . .)
Basic88
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this more “mature” and perhaps more “moist”?

Last edited by Basic88 (July 9, 2020 18:03:31)

I have moved to @BrowserExtension
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To everyone who is going to ask “define what you mean by ”mature“”:

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

I was just thinking of backgrounds, sprites and sounds that would be less cartoonish.
Also, this does not have anything to do with violence (gunshots, explosions, Scratch Cats ready for fights…).

nerdiebirdy wrote:

Perhaps something that sounds a little more “musical”. I would like it if they added some more loops that actually sound like music.
The problem: all music is either…
  1. Classical (like Mozart), which does not always fit well.
  2. Electronic (like Alan Walker), which I personally dislike (and some other people do).
  3. “Childish” (maybe Kevin MacLeod*), which is not what the OP wants.
  4. Copyrighted (like Queen), which is applicable very widely, is absolutely amazing, and does not sound childish at all, but of course we have to ask before using it, because there has to be a certain drawback.
*Personally, I don't consider his music to be “childish”. It's just that the Scratch library includes some of his tracks, and the OP isn't really satisfied with the current library.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (July 9, 2020 18:26:48)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
mister_dazzling
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't know how this would help, most older people who would prefer more mature-looking sprites wouldn't need sprites from the library, a lot of them would make a sprite themselves.

And for the sound thing, most of these users probably know where to get the required sound effects.

Last edited by mister_dazzling (July 9, 2020 18:09:58)

Hey, nice to meet you! I like creating funny and surreal animations that also have story, action and emotion. I also allow advertisements on my profile!

I love jazz music, sea shanties and traditional Scottish music

I'm known as “Valdriks the Jazzborn” outside of Scratch.

Club Penguin Christmas music
AnelDUROEMIL
Scratcher
29 posts

i dont even like this not even a little bit

im 8 and i dont like this thing

Last edited by AnelDUROEMIL (April 4, 2022 12:56:04)

-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

mister_dazzling wrote:

I don't know how this would help, most older people who would prefer more mature-looking sprites wouldn't need sprites from the library, a lot of them would make a sprite themselves.

Teen and adult beginners are likely to look through the Scratch library for backdrops and sprites which they may find too childish.
-GentooPenguin-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Continue the discussion here