Discuss Scratch

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

64lu wrote:

what types of sprites do you want? something like this?
Yes. Those kind of sprites are appealing to all ages, especially game creators.
i don't see why you couldn't make them yourself then.
it's just a square with simplistic patterns
frankly i find them quite boring

Last edited by 64lu (June 5, 2020 18:15:49)

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Some More Mature Looking Sprites, Backdrops And Sounds To The Scratch Library

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

I think they mean not this:

No. That is appealing to young children, not older children and adults.
im 11 years old and that is my favorite thing in the whole world

Last edited by Mr_PenguinAlex (June 7, 2020 00:26:03)

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

-GentooPenguin- wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

No. That is appealing to young children, not older children and adults.
I don't think young children would like that… entity.
so they won't use it.
instead, they will make boring cube things with no originality
KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

I'm going to be very honest here, that scares me, and I'm 13, it might not scare other people, but I know for a fact that is absolutely creepy and absolutely would scare some scratchers

But otherwise I think that if you want “more mature” sprites, you should make them yourself

Last edited by KittyFireSt0rm (June 5, 2020 22:55:09)

404: Signature Not Found
64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

I'm going to be very honest here, that scares me, and I'm 13, it might not scare other people, but I know for a fact that is absolutely creepy and absolutely would scare some scratchers
you could say the same for this creepy thing:

Last edited by 64lu (June 5, 2020 22:52:12)

PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This has become more and more opinion-centered, and less and less on-topic.

To the OP, I agree; there should be a balance for more mature sprites, not just characters you might find on a kid's TV show.

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

64lu wrote:

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

you could say the same for this creepy thing:

that's terrifying

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! Doesn't hurt to add more, right?

Also, with some of the sprites they really don't appeal to me, and I actually have no clue how I would or anyone would use that such sprite, and I want more options

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Also, with some of the sprites they really don't appeal to me, and I actually have no clue how I would or anyone would use that such sprite, and I want more options
I agree with this. Some sprites seem like they just got out of a NickJr show for 3 year olds. More sprites would make more projects look cleaner if they are by a user who doesn't know how to draw or just isn't good at it.
mlcreater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

It does hurt to add more.
My computer already takes about half a minute to un-freeze and load after I open the sprite library.

← there are 3 sig figs and 0 kumquats

BearSlothCoding
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

My computer already takes about half a minute to un-freeze and load after I open the sprite library.
How slow is your computer then? I mean, no offense but it's not the ST's problem if your internet is slow.
mlcreater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

How slow is your computer then? I mean, no offense but it's not the ST's problem if your internet is slow.
I guess my computer is slow, but adding more assets would still make it worse for the thousands of active users with slow computers.

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mlcreater wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

I guess my computer is slow, but adding more assets would still make it worse for the thousands of active users with slow computers.
That's odd. I use an iPad mini 4 and I have no lag. Maybe you are using an older computer?

mlcreater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

That's odd. I use an iPad mini 4 and I have no lag. Maybe you are using an older computer?
Yep. 3 years old.

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

But otherwise I think that if you want “more mature” sprites, you should make them yourself
I'm younger than you, and that thing gives me nightmares.

mlcreater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

You had better not join the newly formed Butterfly Cult.

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mlcreater wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

You had better not join the newly formed Butterfly Cult.
oh man word is spreading around about my cult already, and i made it only 30 minutes ago

PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mlcreater wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Yep. 3 years old.

That isn't old! I have had mine for over 5 years! (not this one but another one)

I wonder what is wrong

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
mlcreater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

BearSlothCoding wrote:

mlcreater wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Yep. 3 years old.

That isn't old! I have had mine for over 5 years! (not this one but another one)

I wonder what is wrong
I wonder too…
My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 12871.91.0, Chrome 81.0.4044.127, No Flash version detected

ArcherMAPS
New to Scratch
7 posts

can you specify what a “mature” sprite or sound is. Because art is for all ages and sound. I don't really dabble into sounds that much.