Discuss Scratch

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

cheatcodeman wrote:

ethane2008 wrote:

ok im back after a long weekend, apparently we are doing deadlines now, but I don't really have anything to work on, so…
im just going to wait until the game releases and if anyone needs me to test some features to see if it's halo-y I can do it.

also i almost forgot about the melee component in the game, how will we do that.
(meleeing boosts you forward when an opponent is at least 2 feet in front of you)
We might be able to do that. If not, we can have it be more like CE, with no boost.
It’s called lunge.
Of course, can’t make it stupidly overpowered, so maybe like a foot in distance. Or for scale, if the player was holding a AR perfectly straight, if the player was touching the AR, he could be lunged at and melee’d,

Artist/Coder | Doom, Halo, Minecraft, etc. | I like soup
Doomlands | My Music | Face Reveal

ethane2008
Scratcher
100+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

vikkcd wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

that boost mechanic shouldnt be too hard - we can do pythag to get distance and snap to the player if its in range… clashing melees would maybe cause some problems though
we'd need to code a whole bunch of collision and physics scripts.
Here's what I'm thinking about collision.
when I receive [melee receive v]
if <(meleeattack)=(1)> then
bounce off
else
take melee damage
end
When meleeattack equals 1 it should stay on for 1 second.
It also triggers the physics when you get hit.
I forgot to give the original script for melee
when [q v] key pressed
if <(opponentrange)= (2)> then
set [meleeattack v] to [1]
glide (.50) secs to x: (enemy-x) y: (enemy-y)
switch costume to (melee v)
glide (1) secs to x: ((enemy-x) - (2)) y: ((enemy-y) - (0))
else
switch costume to (melee v)
end

I haven't tested this, nor will I ever rest it. It shouldn't work, I'm just giving you an idea about what we should do.
Hopefully this helped!

Last edited by ethane2008 (May 23, 2022 15:51:15)

Ok, I think I'm done talking… Oh wait!
By the way, have you seen any movies lately? No? I'll leave you alone…
You gotta scroll down using Shift + Down arrow key to see the rest of this signature.

Wow, you scrolled down! That's amazing!

Today's sponsor is Grubhub Perks, dance get food today!

I want the Scratch Team to #ConsiderCollabs! Help save Scratch's unshared projects feature before it's too late!

Just keep scrolling I guess, there's nothing else here.

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

so I think the gliding part of that would be not very natural looking, I think we need to add the actual vectors into the platformer engine for that.

in halo infinite, the lunge distance is 4 meters, which is pretty far. i think we need to reduce that. but it depends on the map size

Last edited by Jareddddddd (May 23, 2022 15:39:16)

neon_games123
Scratcher
51 posts

so you're just gonna ignore me… okay.
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

so I think the gliding part of that would be not very natural looking, I think we need to add the actual vectors into the platformer engine for that.

in halo infinite, the lunge distance is 4 meters, which is pretty far. i think we need to reduce that. but it depends on the map size
I mean, we don’t measure distance based on meters, rather we have “x” points. For reference, the Forge project “X Cam”

ethane2008
Scratcher
100+ posts

neon_games123 wrote:

dont blame us for not talking to you after you've been gone for 6 months

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

I mean, we don’t measure distance based on meters, rather we have “x” points. For reference, the Forge project “X Cam”
That seems like an easier idea, I vote yes. But how do we measure player distance ITSELF?
Do you just measure x points between the two sprites?

Last edited by ethane2008 (May 23, 2022 17:25:01)

Ok, I think I'm done talking… Oh wait!
By the way, have you seen any movies lately? No? I'll leave you alone…
You gotta scroll down using Shift + Down arrow key to see the rest of this signature.

Wow, you scrolled down! That's amazing!

Today's sponsor is Grubhub Perks, dance get food today!

I want the Scratch Team to #ConsiderCollabs! Help save Scratch's unshared projects feature before it's too late!

Just keep scrolling I guess, there's nothing else here.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

neon_games123 wrote:

No, just kinda busy replying. Nothing much has happened other than we’ve gotten some new skyboxes, semi-fixed the Forge project, got a new armor customization system(just showcasing all the armor pieces), new 30fps anims, Olympian Art, Loading screen, grunt art, fusion coil art, game cover art, and elite art. We also have some game mode concept art, new animation software is in a good shape, and that’s it. If someone else wants to add something, go ahead.

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ethane2008 wrote:

neon_games123 wrote:

dont blame us for not talking to you after you've been gone for 6 months

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

That seems like an easier idea, I vote yes. But how do we measure player distance ITSELF?
Do you just measure x points between the two sprites?
Yeah. We would have to play test it a bit though. Find a value that is good and feels right. We would also need to bring y values into account, and find the distance with the Pythagorean theorem.
Like if an enemy is 10x away, but the y distance was 5, then the ACTUAL distance would be 11 pixels(or whatever it is).

But the
(distance to [ v])
block already takes this into account, so I'm ranting for no reason.

I should get back to Roblox Studio

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

can i make some ambeent music

Welcome to MBP117 studios
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBP117 wrote:

can i make some ambeent music
You’re on.
We need some for a forest level, new Sanchez, flood facility, and Innie base.

TheWarForTheRepublic
Scratcher
50 posts

May I acquire a task I could work on in the meantime?

cheese
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheWarForTheRepublic wrote:

What department are you in?

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

done they ca be edited to your hearts content i think a lite motif for them would make sence https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/695818239/ just look it the sounds tab in the cat

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

its just 1 song but if you dont want a leitmotif for the songs just ask me

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

well i used beepbox just a online sythn

TheCurator57
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

NoRuffster wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

devms wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

So i think that once someone starts doing something, me, Crush, Vik, or Toss can give them a deadline. If it isn't done by the time of the deadline, whoever was working on it should share what they did with comments in the code explaining what does what. After that they can keep working on it, but they can also let someone else work on it if they're fine with it.

My two cents.
sounds good to me.
Ye It sounds like a nice idea
So everyone to work.
what happened to the jackal that i was working on?
You tell me.
oh thats my fault it got left in the dust
TheCurator57
Scratcher
100+ posts

Notice: I have nit been online for a bit because of EOG's and I have to take a 5 hour course for the ones I failed and retake it. I was 1 point from passing both of the tests I failed. I will not be on for a bit.
TheWarForTheRepublic
Scratcher
50 posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

Code.
(i might do a little bit of animation as well)

cheese
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

Code.
(i might do a little bit of animation as well)
In that case IDK.