Discuss Scratch

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

Making some muzak for stuff. I got Rock, Metal and Jazz concepts.
I lost my laptop in school. I won't be able to code for a few weeks. I'm literally typing on my phone lol.
Could you release the current version of DragonVare? We could do it for you.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

I lost my laptop in school. I won't be able to code for a few weeks. I'm literally typing on my phone lol.
Well at least we could take a look at it.

Artist/Coder | Doom, Halo, Minecraft, etc. | I like soup
Doomlands | My Music | Face Reveal

vikkcd
Scratcher
500+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

I managed to get a chrome book from school. Im still working on it. I can share it on discord if that's fine, but lets try to keep it secret and unshared for the time being

Coder, Animator, Artist
Love Michael Jackson and OK GO music.

forever
Fold Origami
Listen to Michael Jackson and OK GO
Play guitar
end
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

I managed to get a chrome book from school. Im still working on it. I can share it on discord if that's fine, but lets try to keep it secret and unshared for the time being
Alright, man. Keep up the good work. Deadline?

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

try not to say the d word
And I guess it wouldn't hurt to send the .sb3 file on d-chord, I guess.

vikkcd
Scratcher
500+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

oops. But why can't we say this forbidden word? I'll dm you guys

Coder, Animator, Artist
Love Michael Jackson and OK GO music.

forever
Fold Origami
Listen to Michael Jackson and OK GO
Play guitar
end
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

because scratch

devms
Scratcher
500+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

because scratch
It says in the Community Guidelines to not mention websites and apps that feature private messaging.

Last edited by devms(May. 15th, 2007, 00:00:00)
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
My Scratch Profile

Sadly, my old signature was sent to the shadow realm

My browser / operating system: Windows Vista (NT 6.0), Internet Explorer 7.0, Flash 32 (Release 0)

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

devms wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

because scratch
It says in the Community Guidelines to not mention websites and apps that feature private messaging.
We can mention it, just not include links.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So, I've been privately messaged by Vik, and he just said he can't handle Dragonvare. He's going to be leaving scratch for a long time, and he hasn't said he's coming back anytime soon. In the meantime, we should REALLY REALLY REALLY get to fixing forge and adding objects. Since dragonvare is out of the picture, we're just going to have to stick to traditional animation.
Edit: King, ig.

Last edited by CRUSH3R101 (June 12, 2022 03:32:02)

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

So, I've been privately messaged by Vik, and he just said he can't handle Dragonvare. He's going to be leaving scratch for a long time, and he hasn't said he's coming back anytime soon. In the meantime, we should REALLY REALLY REALLY get to fixing forge and adding objects. Since dragonvare is out of the picture, we're just going to have to stick to traditional animation.
Tasks for animators?

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Tasks for animators?
Also, we should get the new forum up and running.

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

send the link in this cus dcord hates me

Welcome to MBP117 studios
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBP117 wrote:

send the link in this cus dcord hates me
I'll let Crush do it.

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

k

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Tasks for animators?
shall i get to work with it beginning?

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Tasks for animators?
shall i get to work with it beginning?
Yeah.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis
ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application
If you would like to join, please use the prompt below:
Username: (include test accounts)
activity: (1-10)
Background: (what have you created, what collabs have you been In)
Example: (links to your background)
Why You?: (Why should we hire you?)
department: (Art, Animation, Code, Marketing)
What can you bring to the collab?:
are you following this topic?:
Plan for ODST Assault 2D

Continuing the synopsis, The general gameplay is inspired by previous Halos, making a fun and balanced experience. The games that we will be taking inspiration from are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

These are cutscenes, but they ground the art style and theme we want in the game and campaign.

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items.

The Map Editor/Forge is an open source map-maker that we will be making maps for both campaign and multiplayer. More Details can be found in the project
Last but not least the currency of our game, or just cR(Credits). you'll be able to earn money by playing matches, playing Firefight, completing challenges, and if we feel like giving the players something.
We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store.

Release Date is not decided, we will decide when the time is right. Advanced Lighting and Graphics will be done if there are resources and time.

CAMPAIGN

Once again, our main inspirations are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE

The Story revolves around a 6-man ODST Fireteam, Tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearance of a research facility on the planet Grathos. When landing, they are forcibly separated by a mysterious laser, which is eventually revealed to be the Storm Covenant. Once finished regrouping, they encounter some grunts while walking through the forest. Eventually, they find an oddly deserted Innie camp, with most of it's troops either dead or hiding. They find some survivors, and they reveal that the Covenant are on the planet. The main character, Kurt, tells the innies that they need to fight the covenant. After this, they leave, assuming that it was the covenant which caused the research facility to go down. And since their Communications Person was shot down, they need other ways to get out, which comes in the form of a Space Elevator in the city of New Sanchez. On the way, they find said research facility, and their leader has a bad feeling. On the inside, insane scientists shoot at them, but are shot down with ease. Eventually, they find that this building was a laboratory for Project Olympian, a Super Soldier program that ONI was planning using flood, but a mysterious accident caused everything to fall apart. But before they can leave, the doors close, and a figure comes out of the dark. An Olympian. Boss fight, then they continue on. They encounter more Covenant on their way to New Sanchez, and cool music plays as you fight your way through hordes of covies. But of course, this comes at a cost, and one of their teammates, Jason, dies(by the leader's hands, since Jason would have died a slow death otherwise). They find a forerunner artifact(which the covenant was looking for), and leave. When they arrive at New Sanchez, a somber piano plays in the background, and you go through and fight covies. Characters are fleshed out more through their journey. They see a statue of the master chief, and Kurt’s trauma is explained, and the group keeps moving. Finally, the sun is rising, and the space elevator is in view, although it is still very far. An olympian arrives, but not a normal one. It's armor is partially ripped off, revealing a fleshy inside. They fight it, but Rick dies. Kurt lashes out in rage at the olympian, grabbing his hammer and crushing his head with it. In the battle, the forerunner artifact is destroyed, which actually was a power supply for the systems of the planet. The planet breaks apart, revealing it’s forerunner interiors, Warthog run and then they speed. Kurt talks with the other character and they are fleshed out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Employees
Founder: light_cloud
Studio: Heretic/Helljumper Studios(Might change name to the new logo I have)
Art:
Lead: CRUSH3R101
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
Lead: Vikkcd
-vikkcd
Animation:
-Datossboi
Marketing:
Lead: MatJam
Cheatcodeman:
-Cheatcodeman
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
Well, here's what I have so far. Tell me if I'm missing anything. I mean, I probably have, so I'm going to work on it later.

Last edited by CRUSH3R101 (June 14, 2022 17:50:26)

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

whats missing is me on the employes bored just give me a job and ill do it

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis

ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

If you would like to join, please use the prompt below:
Username: (include test accounts)
activity: (1-10)
Background: (what have you created, what collabs have you been In)
Example: (links to your background)
Why You?: (Why should we hire you?)
department: (Art, Animation, Code, Marketing)
What can you bring to the collab?:
are you following this topic?:
Plan for ODST Assault 2D

Continuing the synopsis, The general gameplay is inspired by previous Halos, making a fun and balanced experience. The games that we will be taking inspiration from are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

These are cutscenes, but they ground the art style and theme we want in the game and campaign.

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items.

The Map Editor/Forge is an open source map-maker that we will be making maps for both campaign and multiplayer. More Details can be found in the project
Last but not least the currency of our game, or just cR(Credits). you'll be able to earn money by playing matches, playing Firefight, completing challenges, and if we feel like giving the players something.
We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store.

Release Date is not decided, we will decide when the time is right. Advanced Lighting and Graphics will be done if there are resources and time.

CAMPAIGN

Once again, our main inspirations are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE

The Story revolves around a 6-man ODST Fireteam, Tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearance of a research facility on the planet Grathos. When landing, they are forcibly separated by a mysterious laser, which is eventually revealed to be the Storm Covenant. Once finished regrouping, they encounter some grunts while walking through the forest. Eventually, they find an oddly deserted Innie camp, with most of it's troops either dead or hiding. They find some survivors, and they reveal that the Covenant are on the planet. The main character, Kurt, tells the innies that they need to fight the covenant. After this, they leave, assuming that it was the covenant which caused the research facility to go down. And since their Radioman was shot down, they need other ways to get out, which comes in the form of a Space Elevator in the city of New Sanchez. On the way, they find said research facility, and their leader has a bad feeling. On the inside, insane scientists shoot at them, but are shot down with ease. Eventually, they find that this building was a laboratory for Project Olympia, a Super Soldier program that ONI was planning using flood, but a mysterious accident caused everything to fall apart. But before they can leave, the doors close, and a figure comes out of the dark. An Olympian. Boss fight, then they continue on. They encounter more Covenant on their way to New Sanchez, and cool music plays as you fight your way through hordes of covies. But of course, this comes at a cost, and one of their teammates, Jason, dies(by the leader's hands, since Jason would have died a slow death otherwise). They find a forerunner artifact(which the covenant was looking for), and leave. When they arrive at New Sanchez, a somber piano plays in the background, and you go through and fight covies. Characters are fleshed out more through their journey. They see a statue of the master chief, and Kurt’s trauma is explained, and the group keeps moving. Finally, the sun is rising, and the space elevator is in view, although it is still very far. An olympian arrives, but not a normal one. It's armor is partially ripped off, revealing a fleshy inside. They fight it, but Rick dies. Kurt lashes out in rage at the olympian, grabbing his hammer and crushing his head with it. In the battle, the forerunner artifact is destroyed, which actually was a power supply for the systems of the planet. The planet breaks apart, revealing it’s forerunner interiors, Warthog run and then they speed. Kurt talks with the other character and they are fleshed out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Employees
Founder: light_cloud
Studio: Heretic/Helljumper Studios(Might change name to the new logo I have)
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
Lead: Vikkcd
-vikkcd
Animation:
-Datossboi
Marketing:
Lead: MatJam
Cheatcodeman:
Lead: Cheatcodeman
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Well, here's what I have so far. Tell me if I'm missing anything. I mean, I probably have, so I'm going to work on it later.
Added myself to music.
Also, I'm the lead cheatcodeman.