Discuss Scratch

TheWarForTheRepublic
Scratcher
50 posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

vikkcd wrote:

TheWarForTheRepublic wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

So uh I just finished the animations. I feel like its a bit.. too quick and aint smooth.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/69905226gib

gib critcism pls thx.

(i havent gotten to the physics part yet because im underqualified for understanding physics.)
(its for the running anim.)
? it does not work

Did you look at em legs?
um the link doesn't work.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/699052263/

cheese
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

So what weapons need to be added?
Shotgun. Got it.
needler shotgun???
Ew.

Also, Vik, your deadline for DragonVare is up. RELEASE THE DRAGON!!!
um. school is killing my freetime. pls give me timeee.
Bro you gave yourself till the end of last month.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Shotgun. Got it.
needler shotgun???
Ew.

Actually, now that i think of it, considering the way blamite needles work, i realise how stupidly overpowered that would be.
Maybe needle grenade? Detonates on impact, more of a power weapon tier grenade. idk just some brainstorm ideas i came up with in the shower.

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Shotgun. Got it.
needler shotgun???
Ew.

I mean he is pretty much done, so it wont hurt to wait a little longer.

vikkcd wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

So uh I just finished the animations. I feel like its a bit.. too quick and aint smooth.

gib critcism pls thx.

(i havent gotten to the physics part yet because im underqualified for understanding physics.)
? it does not work

Did you look at em legs?

What did you rework, i scanned through the code and it looks kinda similar. Only difference i noticed was the legs.

Artist/Coder | Doom, Halo, Minecraft, etc. | I like soup
Doomlands | My Music | Face Reveal

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

so in the rework, i noticed a couple things that need to be changed - item ID-ing

so the current system takes each clone and creates a unique id for that - in theory. But since the id that holds that value is a global value, It wont work for more than 1 bullet. I would suggest creating a list of all data for the bullets, and run each one separately and then create clones to display it (ex: particles in my platformer). It would store and use that list data rather than using the X and Y movement blocks to determine the trajectories
MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

can you make it so you can pick up items

Welcome to MBP117 studios
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

so in the rework, i noticed a couple things that need to be changed - item ID-ing

so the current system takes each clone and creates a unique id for that - in theory. But since the id that holds that value is a global value, It wont work for more than 1 bullet. I would suggest creating a list of all data for the bullets, and run each one separately and then create clones to display it (ex: particles in my platformer). It would store and use that list data rather than using the X and Y movement blocks to determine the trajectories
You wanna do it? I'll give you 2 weeks.

BexDaPotato
Scratcher
1 post

idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
omnifarioustoss
Scratcher
5 posts

BexDaPotato wrote:

idkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
if you arent here to join or add anything, please leave.
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBP117 wrote:

yeh its bugged now

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

i love how thats your first response

TheWarForTheRepublic
Scratcher
50 posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Shotgun. Got it.
needler shotgun???
Ew.

Actually, now that i think of it, considering the way blamite needles work, i realise how stupidly overpowered that would be.
Maybe needle grenade? Detonates on impact, more of a power weapon tier grenade. idk just some brainstorm ideas i came up with in the shower.

cheatcodeman wrote:

vikkcd wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

Shotgun. Got it.
needler shotgun???
Ew.

I mean he is pretty much done, so it wont hurt to wait a little longer.

vikkcd wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

gib critcism pls thx.

? it does not work

Did you look at em legs?

What did you rework, i scanned through the code and it looks kinda similar. Only difference i noticed was the legs.

Just the run animations. I just wanted to see things about the legs.

cheese
Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

yeh its bugged now

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

any general functions to add besides the basic ones?

edit 1 - Hitscan mostly done, how do the bullets currently detect player?

Last edited by Jareddddddd (June 4, 2022 01:58:19)

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

yeh its bugged now

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

Don’t know how bullets detect players right now. Besides the basic bullets, we could use bullets that have a mild lock-on to the enemy(for the needler and charged plasma pistol)
Last of all, rockets. No explanation needed. Maybe if you do add rockets, you could see if there’s a way to mix that with grenades.

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

yeh its bugged now

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

Don’t know how bullets detect players right now. Besides the basic bullets, we could use bullets that have a mild lock-on to the enemy(for the needler and charged plasma pistol)
Last of all, rockets. No explanation needed. Maybe if you do add rockets, you could see if there’s a way to mix that with grenades.
sure thing, what about a movement-accuracy penalty system? (for more specifically snipers)

Last edited by Jareddddddd (June 4, 2022 18:25:21)

devms
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

snip

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

sure thing, what about a movement-accuracy penalty system? (for more specifically snipers)
For the mild lock-on system, I think you should just have an arrow point lightly where the closest player is.

Last edited by devms(May. 15th, 2007, 00:00:00)
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
My Scratch Profile

Sadly, my old signature was sent to the shadow realm

My browser / operating system: Windows Vista (NT 6.0), Internet Explorer 7.0, Flash 32 (Release 0)

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

yeh its bugged now

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

No, Halo has more of a “If it hits it hits, and no movement can change how accurate your weapon is.”

Very wierd, I know

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

devms wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

snip

cheatcodeman wrote:

Jareddddddd wrote:

bullets? got that

For the mild lock-on system, I think you should just have an arrow point lightly where the closest player is.
thats not how the needler works

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

~snip~

so to my understanding, the needler homes in if
1 the player crosshair was initially on the target
2 projectiles on path to home / close enough direction to home
3 homing strength dependant on speed

project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/700871726/

Last edited by Jareddddddd (June 5, 2022 04:58:07)

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

~snip~

so to my understanding, the needler homes in if
1 the player crosshair was initially on the target
2 projectiles on path to home / close enough direction to home
3 homing strength dependant on speed

project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/700871726/
pretty much.
Also nice engine.

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Update for all Y'alls.

Making some muzak for stuff. I got Rock, Metal and Jazz concepts.

vikkcd
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheatcodeman wrote:

Update for all Y'alls.

Making some muzak for stuff. I got Rock, Metal and Jazz concepts.
I lost my laptop in school. I won't be able to code for a few weeks. I'm literally typing on my phone lol.

Last edited by vikkcd (June 9, 2022 02:21:04)

Coder, Animator, Artist
Love Michael Jackson and OK GO music.

forever
Fold Origami
Listen to Michael Jackson and OK GO
Play guitar
end