Discuss Scratch

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis

ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

If you would like to join, please use the prompt below:
Username: (include test accounts)
activity: (1-10)
Background: (what have you created, what collabs have you been In)
Example: (links to your background)
Why You?: (Why should we hire you?)
department: (Art, Animation, Code, Marketing)
What can you bring to the collab?:
are you following this topic?:
Plan for ODST Assault 2D

Continuing the synopsis, The general gameplay is inspired by previous Halos, making a fun and balanced experience. The games that we will be taking inspiration from are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

These are cutscenes, but they ground the art style and theme we want in the game and campaign.

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items.

The Map Editor/Forge is an open source map-maker that we will be making maps for both campaign and multiplayer. More Details can be found in the project
Last but not least the currency of our game, or just cR(Credits). you'll be able to earn money by playing matches, playing Firefight, completing challenges, and if we feel like giving the players something.
We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store.

Release Date is not decided, we will decide when the time is right. Advanced Lighting and Graphics will be done if there are resources and time.

CAMPAIGN

Once again, our main inspirations are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU ARE NOT AN EMPLOYEE

The Story revolves around a 6-man ODST Fireteam, Tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearance of a research facility on the planet Grathos. When landing, they are forcibly separated by a mysterious laser, which is eventually revealed to be the Storm Covenant. Once finished regrouping, they encounter some grunts while walking through the forest. Eventually, they find an oddly deserted Innie camp, with most of it's troops either dead or hiding. They find some survivors, and they reveal that the Covenant are on the planet. The main character, Kurt, tells the innies that they need to fight the covenant. After this, they leave, assuming that it was the covenant which caused the research facility to go down. And since their Radioman was shot down, they need other ways to get out, which comes in the form of a Space Elevator in the city of New Sanchez. On the way, they find said research facility, and their leader has a bad feeling. On the inside, insane scientists shoot at them, but are shot down with ease. Eventually, they find that this building was a laboratory for Project Olympia, a Super Soldier program that ONI was planning using flood, but a mysterious accident caused everything to fall apart. But before they can leave, the doors close, and a figure comes out of the dark. An Olympian. Boss fight, then they continue on. They encounter more Covenant on their way to New Sanchez, and cool music plays as you fight your way through hordes of covies. But of course, this comes at a cost, and one of their teammates, Jason, dies(by the leader's hands, since Jason would have died a slow death otherwise). They find a forerunner artifact(which the covenant was looking for), and leave. When they arrive at New Sanchez, a somber piano plays in the background, and you go through and fight covies. Characters are fleshed out more through their journey. They see a statue of the master chief, and Kurt’s trauma is explained, and the group keeps moving. Finally, the sun is rising, and the space elevator is in view, although it is still very far. An olympian arrives, but not a normal one. It's armor is partially ripped off, revealing a fleshy inside. They fight it, but Rick dies. Kurt lashes out in rage at the olympian, grabbing his hammer and crushing his head with it. In the battle, the forerunner artifact is destroyed, which actually was a power supply for the systems of the planet. The planet breaks apart, revealing it’s forerunner interiors, Warthog run and then they speed. Kurt talks with the other character and they are fleshed out.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Employees
Founder: light_cloud
Studio: Blamite Studios(Might change name to the new logo I have)
Art:
Lead: CRUSH3R101
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
Lead: Vikkcd
-vikkcd
Animation:
-Datossboi
Marketing:
Lead: MatJam
Cheatcodeman:
Lead: Cheatcodeman
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
Well, here's what I have so far. Tell me if I'm missing anything. I mean, I probably have, so I'm going to work on it later.
Added myself to music.
Also, I'm the lead cheatcodeman.
obviously

Artist/Coder | Doom, Halo, Minecraft, etc. | I like soup
Doomlands | My Music | Face Reveal

MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration [Now Hiring Animators, Writers, and Coders]

thanks for adding me

Welcome to MBP117 studios
DaTossBoi
Scratcher
500+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis

ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

Plan for ODST Assault 2D

Continuing the synopsis, The general gameplay is inspired by previous Halos, making a fun and balanced experience. The games that we will be taking inspiration from are:

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

These are cutscenes, but they ground the art style and theme we want in the game and campaign.

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items.

The Map Editor/Forge is an open source map-maker that we will be making maps for both campaign and multiplayer. More Details can be found in the project
Last but not least the currency of our game, or just cR(Credits). you'll be able to earn money by playing matches, playing Firefight, completing challenges, and if we feel like giving the players something.
We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store.

Release Date is not decided, we will decide when the time is right. Advanced Lighting and Graphics will be done if there are resources and time.

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

The Story revolves around a 6-man ODST Fireteam, Tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearance of a research facility on the planet Grathos. When landing, they are forcibly separated by a mysterious laser, which is eventually revealed to be the Storm Covenant. Once finished regrouping, they encounter some grunts while walking through the forest. Eventually, they find an oddly deserted Innie camp, with most of it's troops either dead or hiding. They find some survivors, and they reveal that the Covenant are on the planet. The main character, Kurt, tells the innies that they need to fight the covenant. After this, they leave, assuming that it was the covenant which caused the research facility to go down. And since their Radioman was shot down, they need other ways to get out, which comes in the form of a Space Elevator in the city of New Sanchez. On the way, they find said research facility, and their leader has a bad feeling. On the inside, insane scientists shoot at them, but are shot down with ease. Eventually, they find that this building was a laboratory for Project Olympia, a Super Soldier program that ONI was planning using flood, but a mysterious accident caused everything to fall apart. But before they can leave, the doors close, and a figure comes out of the dark. An Olympian. Boss fight, then they continue on. They encounter more Covenant on their way to New Sanchez, and cool music plays as you fight your way through hordes of covies. But of course, this comes at a cost, and one of their teammates, Jason, dies(by the leader's hands, since Jason would have died a slow death otherwise). They find a forerunner artifact(which the covenant was looking for), and leave. When they arrive at New Sanchez, a somber piano plays in the background, and you go through and fight covies. Characters are fleshed out more through their journey. They see a statue of the master chief, and Kurt’s trauma is explained, and the group keeps moving. Finally, the sun is rising, and the space elevator is in view, although it is still very far. An olympian arrives, but not a normal one. It's armor is partially ripped off, revealing a fleshy inside. They fight it, but Rick dies. Kurt lashes out in rage at the olympian, grabbing his hammer and crushing his head with it. In the battle, the forerunner artifact is destroyed, which actually was a power supply for the systems of the planet. The planet breaks apart, revealing it’s forerunner interiors, Warthog run and then they speed. Kurt talks with the other character and they are fleshed out.

Employees
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-vikkcd
Animation:
Lead: CRUSH3R101 and DaTossBoi
camtrap(?)
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
Well, here's what I have so far. Tell me if I'm missing anything. I mean, I probably have, so I'm going to work on it later.
Added myself to music.
obviously
wait i thought me and crush were both heads of animation

Road to 1000 Posts

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱▱ 40%
highlight my signature and press shift + down to see the rest of my signature

I am employed or an am employer here
ODST ASSAULT
Animation and Art Department - Head
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaTossBoi wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis

-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

Plan for ODST Assault 2D

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

MULTIPLAYER

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

Employees
Art:
Leads: CRUSH3R101, Datossboi
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-vikkcd
Animation:
camtrap(?)
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
Added myself to music.
obviously
Huh, I thought I already added you. Well, I have now.

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

DaTossBoi wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

cheatcodeman wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

WIP NEW DESCRIPTION
ODST Assault

Synopsis

-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

Plan for ODST Assault 2D

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

MULTIPLAYER

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

Employees
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-vikkcd
Animation:
camtrap(?)
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
Added myself to music.
obviously
Huh, I thought I already added you. Well, I have now.
I think it's ready to go up and running.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ODST Assault

Synopsis

ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and (if we have time)Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
-Other, If you can think of any other skills
(NOTICE: ALL OF THE STORY IS DONE. WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY WRITERS.)
Application

department: (Art, Animation, Code, Marketing, Etc.)
Plan for ODST Assault 2D

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items. Armor is in a separate area of the store, which is the permanent store. Prices will never change, and this pretty much works as the progression system of the game.

We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store. However, if anyone has any better ideas, please speak up.

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

Employees
Studio: Blamite Studios
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-vikkcd
Animation:
CamTrap
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
just a test.

Last edited by CRUSH3R101 (June 15, 2022 19:20:40)

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

ODST Assault

Synopsis

ODST ASSAULT is a 2D Game that plans on pushing the scratch engine to its limits to create a fun game representative of what the fans want. There will be weapon and armor customization(purely cosmetic) and Plenty of gamemodes. There will also be a handful of maps at launch. Besides that, there are 2-3 Offline modes, which includes: Campaign, Firefight, and (if we have time)Bots. Knowledge of Halo Lore and Artstyle, or just being a Halo fan is recommended, but is not required. Skills we need mostly include:
-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

Plan for ODST Assault 2D

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

MULTIPLAYER

The Store is a place where you can buy weapon models/skins, Armor Coatings(Patterns on your armor), and some other cosmetic items. Armor is in a separate area of the store, which is the permanent store. Prices will never change, and this pretty much works as the progression system of the game.

We will not be using copy and paste logins instead will have server that will store everybody's information. the server will be online 24/7 and will store everybody's progress on the game, and will hold the content of the store. However, if anyone has any better ideas, please speak up.

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

Employees
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-vikkcd
Animation:
CamTrap
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
just a test.
so about the story, theres needs to be a main pillar that is the overarching problem, and maybe less mysterious occurrences, or ones that are later explained in the story, or tie into lore.

My thought for the overarching problem is that olympian, which is the bossfight, along with the rest of the covenant have succesfully taken that supersuit, making them really powerful
CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

CRUSH3R101 wrote:

ODST Assault

Synopsis

-Art
-Coding
-Animation
-Marketing
Application

Plan for ODST Assault 2D

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

MULTIPLAYER

CAMPAIGN

-Halo Reach
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST

The Story revolves around a 6-man ODST Fireteam, Tasked with investigating the mysterious disappearance of a research facility on the planet Grathos. When landing, they are forcibly separated by a mysterious laser, which is eventually revealed to be the Storm Covenant. Once finished regrouping, they encounter some grunts while walking through the forest. Eventually, they find an oddly deserted Innie camp, with most of it's troops either dead or hiding. They find some survivors, and they reveal that the Covenant are on the planet. The main character, Kurt, tells the innies that they need to fight the covenant. After this, they leave, assuming that it was the covenant which caused the research facility to go down. And since their Radioman was shot down, they need other ways to get out, which comes in the form of a Space Elevator in the city of New Sanchez. On the way, they find said research facility, and their leader has a bad feeling. On the inside, insane scientists shoot at them, but are shot down with ease. Eventually, they find that this building was a laboratory for Project Olympian, a Super Soldier program that ONI was planning using flood, but a mysterious accident caused everything to fall apart. But before they can leave, the doors close, and a figure comes out of the dark. An Olympian. Boss fight, then they continue on. They encounter more Covenant on their way to New Sanchez, and cool music plays as you fight your way through hordes of covies. But of course, this comes at a cost, and one of their teammates, Jason, dies(by the leader's hands, since Jason would have died a slow death otherwise). They find a forerunner artifact(which the covenant was looking for), and leave. When they arrive at New Sanchez, a somber piano plays in the background, and you go through and fight covies. Characters are fleshed out more through their journey. They see a statue of the master chief, and Kurt’s trauma is explained, and the group keeps moving. Finally, the sun is rising, and the space elevator is in view, although it is still very far. An olympian arrives, but not a normal one. It's armor is partially ripped off, revealing a fleshy inside. They fight it, but Rick dies. Kurt lashes out in rage at the olympian, grabbing his hammer and crushing his head with it. In the battle, the forerunner artifact is destroyed, which actually was a power supply for the systems of the planet. The planet breaks apart, revealing it’s forerunner interiors, Warthog run and then they speed. Kurt talks with the other character and they are fleshed out.

Employees
Art:
-Datossboi
-CRUSH3R101
-CamTrap
-VanillaKopi
Coding:
-Jareddddddd
-vikkcd
Animation:
CamTrap
Marketing:
Cheatcodeman:
Public Relations
-CRUSH3R101
Music
-CRUSH3R101
-cheatcodeman
Etc.
-mbp117
just a test.
so about the story, theres needs to be a main pillar that is the overarching problem, and maybe less mysterious occurrences, or ones that are later explained in the story, or tie into lore.

My thought for the overarching problem is that olympian, which is the bossfight, along with the rest of the covenant have succesfully taken that supersuit, making them really powerful
The overarching problem is survival against the olympians and the covenant. It was always like that. The recap doesn't have all the stuff in it, it is a recap after all.

CRUSH3R101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/612341/?page=1#post-6391491
NEW FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DodoBhattacharya
Scratcher
96 posts

Username: @DodoBhattacharya / @ProCoderDodo
activity: 5
Background: I've been in light OS as the music app developer
Example: There are many in my profile (both good and bad)
Why You?: Ummmm…. really difficult to say……..maybe, I'm creative that's why.
department: code and animater
What can you bring to the collab?: I really enjoy playing games like call of duty.This one is almost like that but only it's 2d.
are you following this topic?: Yes of course!
MBP117
Scratcher
100+ posts

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

What can you bring to the collab?: I really enjoy playing games like call of duty.This one is almost like that but only it's 2d.
like call of duty THIS IS HALO NOT THAT GAME BVSXJZCGVSDFVADSFGBF run

Welcome to MBP117 studios
DodoBhattacharya
Scratcher
96 posts

MBP117 wrote:

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

I know that. Just tell me I am accepted or not
DodoBhattacharya
Scratcher
96 posts

MBP117 wrote:

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

I am really confused by that, that big name HALO O.D.S.T Assault. It's really a large name.
DodoBhattacharya
Scratcher
96 posts

MBP117 wrote:

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

Well, if I'm accepted then tell me what shall I do? I've played the demo version of game, the singleplayer isn't working. Why is it? I guess it's WIP.
vikkcd
Scratcher
500+ posts

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

MBP117 wrote:

DodoBhattacharya wrote:

Well, if I'm accepted then tell me what shall I do? I've played the demo version of game, the singleplayer isn't working. Why is it? I guess it's WIP.
hm. we are application based. Your application is under review. We will decide whether you meet the coding caliber standards that we have PLUS THIS IS THE OLD FORUM. GO TO THE NEW ONE

Last edited by vikkcd (Nov. 5, 2022 16:21:59)

Coder, Animator, Artist
Love Michael Jackson and OK GO music.

forever
Fold Origami
Listen to Michael Jackson and OK GO
Play guitar
end
Yoloideas
Scratcher
45 posts

Username:Yoloideas and Yolotester
activity: uncertain, but maybe some times at week-end
Background: I work almost all the time on my collab with an artist: Spirit of neptune, wich is a top down alien shooter. I also worked on TerraGenesis beta, with an other coder (@RandowCoconut) until he quit scratch for private reasons. Sometimes, I release Dev Kits for other scratchers to play with. Offline, i'm testing my new scratch multiplayer engine, and working on some C# unity projects.
Example: My spirit game - A top down “pseudo 3d” Dev Kit
Why You?: I already have some practice coding with scratch (I'm coding since I'm seven) and with battle games.
department: Universal coding
What can you bring to the collab?: My clever understanding on cloud based computing and multiplayer physics.
are you following this topic?: Not yet but surely by the time you are readig this.

Last edited by Yoloideas (Nov. 13, 2022 14:58:36)

“Working, sleeping, eating.”
Balthazar P.
vikkcd
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yoloideas wrote:

Username:Yoloideas and Yolotester
activity: uncertain, but maybe some times at week-end
Background: I work almost all the time on my collab with an artist: Spirit of neptune, wich is a top down alien shooter. I also worked on TerraGenesis beta, with an other coder (@RandowCoconut) until he quit scratch for private reasons. Sometimes, I release Dev Kits for other scratchers to play with. Offline, i'm testing my new scratch multiplayer engine, and working on some C# unity projects.
Example: My spirit game - A top down “pseudo 3d” Dev Kit
Why You?: I already have some practice coding with scratch (I'm coding since I'm seven) and with battle games.
department: Universal coding
What can you bring to the collab?: My clever understanding on cloud based computing and multiplayer physics.
are you following this topic?: Not yet but surely by the time you are readig this.
bro. GO TO THE NEW FORUM. it's the second ODST assault one

Coder, Animator, Artist
Love Michael Jackson and OK GO music.

forever
Fold Origami
Listen to Michael Jackson and OK GO
Play guitar
end
Yoloideas
Scratcher
45 posts

K

“Working, sleeping, eating.”
Balthazar P.
funman37
Scratcher
35 posts

Application Form
Username: @funman37 / @funman37_test
Activity: 4 or more days of the week
Background: 186 shared projects, 22 of which are Halo-related (on main account).
Example: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32324459/
Why You?: Because I have nothing better to do and this seems like a cool project.
Department: Art, animation, coding (in that order).
What can you bring to the collab?: Spriting, animations.
Are you following this topic?: I am now.

I make vector models 'n stuff, check them out if you want I guess