FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Posting my hardcore strategy here because it's pretty good in my opinion:
-snip-
So there's my hardcore strategy. I hope it helps!
I find cybernetic spider easer then stony
Personally I'd say it is pretty easy- on normal mode. On hardcore you can't really afford to have your options limited, but if you're still able to beat it despite that, then go ahead- the Elites do give you special items, so it could very well be worth it.

Elites are definitely not worth it, they do give you special items–that most of which you can buy from the shop. Elites can be worth it if you have leveled up you health stat–a lot, but in hardcore by that time you should be at the final boss– so 99% of the time elites are not worth it. It is the same thing with the unknown decisions–you can get a good item for free–or you can fight some of the hardest enemies in the game. You should not depend on luck.
The Unknowns are good sometimes - the worst you can get is losing all of your gold. If you know what to do you can have a good time.
Actually, the worst you can get is dying because of a monster that you must fight. Additionally, you might get an unknown that doesn't allow you to get gold which can really set you back. In general, don't go for the unknown in hardcore.
Yeah. Gold is almost as important as your health in hardcore, as there's no way that you can beat multiple loops without visiting the shop at all possible times.
Ginsi0
Scratcher
100+ posts

Official Monster World strategy and balance thread

basilisk2004 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Personally I'd say it is pretty easy- on normal mode. On hardcore you can't really afford to have your options limited, but if you're still able to beat it despite that, then go ahead- the Elites do give you special items, so it could very well be worth it.

Elites are definitely not worth it, they do give you special items–that most of which you can buy from the shop. Elites can be worth it if you have leveled up you health stat–a lot, but in hardcore by that time you should be at the final boss– so 99% of the time elites are not worth it. It is the same thing with the unknown decisions–you can get a good item for free–or you can fight some of the hardest enemies in the game. You should not depend on luck.
The Unknowns are good sometimes - the worst you can get is losing all of your gold. If you know what to do you can have a good time.
Actually, the worst you can get is dying because of a monster that you must fight. Additionally, you might get an unknown that doesn't allow you to get gold which can really set you back. In general, don't go for the unknown in hardcore.
Yeah. Gold is almost as important as your health in hardcore, as there's no way that you can beat multiple loops without visiting the shop at all possible times.
Or even one loop. Really nightblade would also be worth it if you couldn't get the flimango, because I can't beat that on hardcore but nightblade sometimes. I think 0 energy cards are really useful (like parry.)

Insert something coding related

Also if you are reading this, why not go check out some of my projects?
FireHorse27
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ginsi0 wrote:

basilisk2004 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-

Or even one loop. Really nightblade would also be worth it if you couldn't get the flimango, because I can't beat that on hardcore but nightblade sometimes. I think 0 energy cards are really useful (like parry.)
Yeah, Nightblade is easy but it is not worth the risk of getting the flimango.
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ginsi0 wrote:

basilisk2004 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

-snip-

I agree about the 0 energy cards. Especially Parry, because it's basically just free Block. Trip is also good, since it can help prevent a tiny bit of damage in a pinch.

As for Nightblade, I personally don't know how easy or hard it is because I don't often go for Elites in the early game. But yeah, the few times I've fought the Flimango were pretty tough.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
FireHorse27
Scratcher
100+ posts

Does anyone know what the Restrained status effect does and what applies it? I saw it in one of the costumes but I don't ever remember it appearing while playing the game.

Edit: Clarification

Last edited by FireHorse27 (Aug. 25, 2020 21:28:11)

Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NERF ICOR SLIMES there so op that I had to put that in all caps

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FireHorse27 wrote:

Does anyone know what the Restrained status effect does and what applies it? I saw it in one of the costumes but I don't ever remember it appearing while playing the game.

I think its unused

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
FireHorse27
Scratcher
100+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

NERF ICOR SLIMES there so op that I had to put that in all caps
XD
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

I think its unused
I believe it's only used for one ability that you can only get from a rare, hard-to-find item (the Ki-Saber) but I may be wrong there. What it does is, it's pretty much the opposite of Muscle Soreness if you know that one- instead of gaining two strength and losing it at the end of your turn, an enemy loses two strength and then gains it back at the end of their turn.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

I think its unused
I believe it's only used for one ability that you can only get from a rare, hard-to-find item (the Ki-Saber) but I may be wrong there. What it does is, it's pretty much the opposite of Muscle Soreness if you know that one- instead of gaining two strength and losing it at the end of your turn, an enemy loses two strength and then gains it back at the end of their turn.
That is correct. It's only used for the effect of the Ki-Saber - Grapple Beam! Ability.
basilisk2004
Scratcher
80 posts

FireHorse27 wrote:

Unused, but I should imagine it removes strength this turn and then reapplies it afterwards.
(There's a similar debuff in Slay the Spire, the game this was based on.)
Ginsi0
Scratcher
100+ posts

Apfellord wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

I think its unused
That is correct. It's only used for the effect of the Ki-Saber - Grapple Beam! Ability.
Grabble Beam! Lowers the enemy strength for that turn by 5. And to get the Ki-Saber you have to give the strange healing device to Cecil. If you have found Cecil and didn't give him his strange healing device you can no longer get the Ki-Saber
(Yes I have got the Ki-Saber and you really should have 5 dex or the wallfish doll before using it.)

Last edited by Ginsi0 (Aug. 27, 2020 12:05:11)

Insert something coding related

Also if you are reading this, why not go check out some of my projects?
geniusbat9
Scratcher
87 posts

FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-

That's true - but you can mostly get good stuff.
FireHorse27
Scratcher
100+ posts

geniusbat9 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

geniusbat9 wrote:

EnderBeast72O wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

-snip-
Personally I'd say it is pretty easy- on normal mode. On hardcore, you can't really afford to have your options limited, but if you're still able to beat it despite that, then go ahead- the Elites do give you special items, so it could very well be worth it.

Elites are definitely not worth it, they do give you special items–that most of which you can buy from the shop. Elites can be worth it if you have leveled up your health stat–a lot, but in hardcore by that time you should be at the final boss– so 99% of the time elites are not worth it. It is the same thing with the unknown decisions–you can get a good item for free–or you can fight some of the hardest enemies in the game. You should not depend on luck.
That's true - but you can mostly get the good stuff.
True, but only if you can survive a fight. I will examine each event and give it a score of 1 - 10. The score is, in my opinion, the probability of benefiting overall. Since this is about hardcore, fighting an elite is considered “likely bad.”

1. Out of the six possible events, only one of them is entirely beneficial but even then, no gold: 10/10
2. Out of the other five, one will give you an item, but no gold and will also give you an ability that costs 75 gold to remove: 5/10
3. Two of the remaining four have a chance of getting a free item without a fight but otherwise force you into an elite fight or, in the case of the beehive, get no gold and abandon it: 4/10 and 3/10
4. One of the two forces you to give up all your gold or fight a really hard battle: 1/10
5. The last only benefits you if you have the life generator but if not, you either just waste a turn or fight a really hard fight:2/10

Total: 25/60

Just by looking at the total, you are more likely to be hindered or killed by taking an event while playing hardcore. On a normal game, the total would more likely be 40+.

Last edited by FireHorse27 (Aug. 27, 2020 21:14:10)

FireHorse27
Scratcher
100+ posts

Apfellord wrote:

StrixCattus wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

FireHorse27 wrote:

I think it's unused
Thanks!
Willywallywoo
Scratcher
22 posts

say [Hi]
swirlysweet
Scratcher
7 posts

Hello
swirlysweet