Discuss Scratch

doggietootsie
Scratcher
9 posts

Official Monster World strategy and balance thread

Soooooooooo, are we finally going to get an update?
blessingj100
Scratcher
11 posts

StrixCattus wrote:

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

blessingj100 wrote:

Dexterity is the most op skill in the game and should therefore be your main skill. Health is useless after you beat the game because each time your health resets, so it is best to work on cards. If you can, get the treasure chest. The treasure chest gives you three new cards. You should also get the jewel stone and moonlight blessing to fill up your hand. Also, if you check the bottom drawer from the haunted drawer once or twice in a row, then you get the playing cards.
Dexterity only increases how much block you gain I believe, so, no, it's not the most op skill in the game, it's also a lot better to spread out your abilities so that you can get attack, skill, and aura options at a steady rate because skills aren't going to give you the damage output necessary, they also don't give permanent buffs which are also necessary to have a good build, otherwise you stay at the same power level the whole fight while the enemies grow stronger. Also the Treasure Chest is absolute trash as it clogs up your deck meaning you won't be able to get the cards you need to pull off your combo's.
This is true, but Dex is crucial to build up as it lets you prevent damage and the only two healing cards in the base game are both Skills. You need to focus on Dex while putting only a few points into other stats, then switching over to the other stats entirely once you've fully upgraded Dex. I usually put all my points into Dex and spill over into Str and Int afterwards, but you can also start out with a few points in Dex and then upgrade Str and Int alongside Dex. If you spread out your stat points evenly, you won't have any of the bonuses they give you going into the boss fight, which is not ideal.
You can also upgrade stats past 5, just it will not show skill upgrades past 5. also, health is kinda useless because it resets after every endless run.

Hi there! Here's some sketches I made! Could you tell me how to draw better?
blessingj100
Scratcher
11 posts

doggietootsie wrote:

Soooooooooo, are we finally going to get an update?
go to apfellord's profile and look at the project that talks about people talking about the update

Hi there! Here's some sketches I made! Could you tell me how to draw better?
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

So guys, I wanna make a mod for a playable Cecil, the best goober, where should I start?
ChiefJustice
Scratcher
73 posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

So guys, I wanna make a mod for a playable Cecil, the best goober, where should I start?
Go to the official Monster World modding thread and read through it for some tips on adding cards and a character. You can post asking for help there as well.

Last edited by ChiefJustice (Oct. 5, 2023 22:59:49)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Cool (hard) platformer boss fight game I made.
Winstonc287
Scratcher
4 posts

seed: 6127
starlouves
Scratcher
2 posts

- This is a dumb question you could ignore- Will there be any new mobs or creatures to fight? I mean in the full version, to be honest, there should be a mode with much harder mobs that deal more health. And Lunara should have at least 60 health so that the fight doesn't seem unfair. But I'm getting a little off-topic here, the point I was trying to make is that I would love to see some more mobs that are unique and fascinating. (it does get a little annoying once you've been playing this game for a year and seeing the same monster every time beat you because your health is either too low or you don't have enough to get more health) But other than that the game is fantastic lol can't wait to see more!
Efferbot
Scratcher
100+ posts

starlouves wrote:

- This is a dumb question you could ignore- Will there be any new mobs or creatures to fight? I mean in the full version, to be honest, there should be a mode with much harder mobs that deal more health. And Lunara should have at least 60 health so that the fight doesn't seem unfair. But I'm getting a little off-topic here, the point I was trying to make is that I would love to see some more mobs that are unique and fascinating. (it does get a little annoying once you've been playing this game for a year and seeing the same monster every time beat you because your health is either too low or you don't have enough to get more health) But other than that the game is fantastic lol can't wait to see more!
There's going to be multiple new areas. There are most certainly going to be more enemies.

CHICKENS ARE THE BEST! :
when I receive [ scratch exists v]
broadcast [ code v]
#WeWantDarkMode
patlucini
Scratcher
4 posts

Hi this game is so underrated
starlouves
Scratcher
2 posts

patlucini wrote:

Hi this game is so underrated
it is
patlucini
Scratcher
4 posts

yea
doggietootsie
Scratcher
9 posts

Got 4 endless loops with no specific build, could get farther if i had one

Last edited by doggietootsie (Nov. 1, 2023 12:44:14)

-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Mmm monster world is yummy
deathknight0124
Scratcher
100+ posts

long time no comment

Hey! I'm DK/DeathKnight: a VIP in the RD/BB Community, Modder, and Speedrunner on any game i come across!

Ask me anything about:
* Modding games (I'll do my best if I haven't modded the game before)
* Speedrunning various games (I'll do my best if I haven't done a run of the game before)
* Other things!

Longest comment chain that has been on my profile: 1186
Longest comment chain that I've been a part of: 1500+ (It is still going)
deathknight0124
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok, I have a decent hardcore strat I guess?

First off, beat the first battle (obviously). Prioritize blocking a lot while getting a few hits in on harder enemies. then, go straight to either an unknown path (and hope for the best!) or to the forest. It's surprisingly easy to deal with the pykers and mantical swarmers in hardcore, just block halfway decently. If you get the swarmers, farm them for as long as possible to build up gold and XP, then spend it all in HP and Dex. Go to shops (buy KLUNK-Hammer for later, trust me) and never inns, and then just do cave elite as much as possible. If you can't get a cave elite, go to caves and hope for a stony. I had you buy the hammer earlier so you can one shot him and make it an easy encounter. Then, go to the shops again, buy anything you need (items and tidal strike, anyone?), and fight the boss. The best strategy is any form of poison, cold wave, and deep freeze. Then, you win! This strat is 25% luck, 60% skill, 15% patience

oh, and get wallfish as well. i love that little guy

Hey! I'm DK/DeathKnight: a VIP in the RD/BB Community, Modder, and Speedrunner on any game i come across!

Ask me anything about:
* Speedrunning various games (I'll do my best if I haven't done a run of the game before)
* Other things!

Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

deathknight0124 wrote:

First off, beat the first battle (obviously). Prioritize blocking a lot while getting a few hits in on harder enemies. then, go straight to either an unknown path (and hope for the best!) or to the forest. It's surprisingly easy to deal with the pykers and mantical swarmers in hardcore, just block halfway decently. If you get the swarmers, farm them for as long as possible to build up gold and XP, then spend it all in HP and Dex. Go to shops (buy KLUNK-Hammer for later, trust me) and never inns, and then just do cave elite as much as possible. If you can't get a cave elite, go to caves and hope for a stony. I had you buy the hammer earlier so you can one shot him and make it an easy encounter. Then, go to the shops again, buy anything you need (items and tidal strike, anyone?), and fight the boss. The best strategy is any form of poison, cold wave, and deep freeze. Then, you win! This strat is 25% luck, 60% skill, 15% patience

if you are mantical farm, you might as well just get cold wave infinite or at least a strong frost deck. DON'T get hammer, it's useless against anything that is not stony. Also hp investment isn't good, your better off rushing max dex then continuing in a card-granting upgrade for any other cards you want.

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

deathknight0124 wrote:

if you are mantical farm, you might as well just get cold wave infinite or at least a strong frost deck. DON'T get hammer, it's useless against anything that is not stony. Also hp investment isn't good, your better off rushing max dex then continuing in a card-granting upgrade for any other cards you want.
yes but bonk
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

EpicRoka wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

deathknight0124 wrote:

yes but bonk
You've got a point.

Last edited by Apfellord (Nov. 21, 2023 20:41:09)

deathknight0124
Scratcher
100+ posts

Multiple People wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

deathknight0124 wrote:

snipping the big paragraph.
Insert unrelated chatter here
Good point on the HP investment, although the way I see it, if you do invest in HP then you can effectively get yourself back to 50+ HP if you can successfully farm long enough, meaning the game just becomes normal. As for the hammer, stony is the only thing i plan to use it against, and even so as just a last resort (As you can see, my strat clearly dictates to go for cave elite and try to skip normal caves entirely. I left a quote below from my strat explaining this)

deathknight0124 wrote:

Go to shops (buy KLUNK-Hammer for later, trust me) and never inns, and then just do cave elite as much as possible. If you can't get a cave elite, go to caves and hope for a stony. I had you buy the hammer earlier so you can one shot him and make it an easy encounter.
In no way did I specify to use it for any other enemy (Although, if you meet ocunara in the forest its actually useful there too!). You will also see that i do prefer a frost heavy deck, at least in the endgame (Quote below also from my strat)

deathknight0124 wrote:

The best strategy is any form of poison, cold wave, and deep freeze.
All of these points you make are really good though, and show the difference in strategies between players! I'm curious, what are your strategies?

Edited for a grammar/punctuation issue lol

Last edited by deathknight0124 (Nov. 23, 2023 14:51:21)

Ask me anything about:
* Other things!

Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

deathknight0124 wrote:

Multiple People wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

deathknight0124 wrote:

snipping the big paragraph.
Insert unrelated chatter here
Good point on the HP investment, although the way I see it, if you do invest in HP then you can effectively get yourself back to 50+ HP if you can successfully farm long enough, meaning the game just becomes normal. As for the hammer, stony is the only thing i plan to use it against, and even so as just a last resort (As you can see, my strat clearly dictates to go for cave elite and try to skip normal caves entirely. I left a quote below from my strat explaining this)
Once you have good block cards, you don't really have a need for hp. Once you get cold wave infinite, you don't have to give enemies a chance to attack in the first place. Even if you do not plan on using the hammer, it still takes up a slot in your deck, you don't want your deck clogged with worthless cards. (This is most disadvantageous against cybernetic spider because you might have cards locked behind hammer.)

deathknight0124 wrote:

he best strategy is any form of poison, cold wave, and deep freeze.
cold wave infinite is objectively the best deck, since it can be anything that isn't pikers (you never have to go forest) on your first turn. if you can't find singing tadpole, next best deck would be cold waves, frost weapons, and frost armor, as conceptionally broken as deep freeze is, frost armor is better— after all who needs stuns when you can block for 30+ with a 0-cost card!

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!