Discuss Scratch

Ginsi0
Scratcher
100+ posts

Official Monster World strategy and balance thread

Apfellord wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

(Gif isn't looking too nice, sorry for that)
:]
Best spoiler is that little 1 frame flash of what I am assuming a to be character.

Insert something coding related

Also if you are reading this, why not go check out some of my projects?
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

blessingj100 wrote:

Dexterity is the most op skill in the game and should therefore be your main skill. Health is useless after you beat the game because each time your health resets, so it is best to work on cards. If you can, get the treasure chest. The treasure chest gives you three new cards. You should also get the jewel stone and moonlight blessing to fill up your hand. Also, if you check the bottom drawer from the haunted drawer once or twice in a row, then you get the playing cards.
  1. treasure chest is garbage for serious runs, you do NOT want a deck bloated with irreverent cards.
  • the haunted drawer battle/playing cards is completely random from what I understand.

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Wanna be the very best? Here's your chance!
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Ginsi0 wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

Best spoiler is that little 1 frame flash of what I am assuming a to be character.
Could someone maybe try and isolate this frame so we can see the full character?
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

Ginsi0 wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

Could someone maybe try and isolate this frame so we can see the full character?
I could (actually already have), but I'm not sure how to embed an image in a forum post.

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

blessingj100 wrote:

Dexterity is the most op skill in the game and should therefore be your main skill. Health is useless after you beat the game because each time your health resets, so it is best to work on cards. If you can, get the treasure chest. The treasure chest gives you three new cards. You should also get the jewel stone and moonlight blessing to fill up your hand. Also, if you check the bottom drawer from the haunted drawer once or twice in a row, then you get the playing cards.
Dexterity only increases how much block you gain I believe, so, no, it's not the most op skill in the game, it's also a lot better to spread out your abilities so that you can get attack, skill, and aura options at a steady rate because skills aren't going to give you the damage output necessary, they also don't give permanent buffs which are also necessary to have a good build, otherwise you stay at the same power level the whole fight while the enemies grow stronger. Also the Treasure Chest is absolute trash as it clogs up your deck meaning you won't be able to get the cards you need to pull off your combo's.

Last edited by -NovaTheComic- (Sept. 24, 2023 17:49:38)

Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

Gotta give the people what they want
This is one of the animations for the new character. His name is Ante!

-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

Apfellord wrote:

New character drop (amazing)
StrixCattus
Scratcher
100+ posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

blessingj100 wrote:

Dexterity only increases how much block you gain I believe, so, no, it's not the most op skill in the game, it's also a lot better to spread out your abilities so that you can get attack, skill, and aura options at a steady rate because skills aren't going to give you the damage output necessary, they also don't give permanent buffs which are also necessary to have a good build, otherwise you stay at the same power level the whole fight while the enemies grow stronger. Also the Treasure Chest is absolute trash as it clogs up your deck meaning you won't be able to get the cards you need to pull off your combo's.
This is true, but Dex is crucial to build up as it lets you prevent damage and the only two healing cards in the base game are both Skills. You need to focus on Dex while putting only a few points into other stats, then switching over to the other stats entirely once you've fully upgraded Dex. I usually put all my points into Dex and spill over into Str and Int afterwards, but you can also start out with a few points in Dex and then upgrade Str and Int alongside Dex. If you spread out your stat points evenly, you won't have any of the bonuses they give you going into the boss fight, which is not ideal.

Last edited by StrixCattus (Sept. 24, 2023 22:10:37)

Generation 3: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

W A L L F I S H
t-mannose
Scratcher
1 post

I see a lot of people saying it is very difficult but I find the game to be very easy because there are a lot of broken combos for example the aura
Ninjutsu art 1: Suiren if you get two or more in your deck and play them in battle for only 2 energy then you get infinite energy for the rest of the fight,
your challenges are very fun and unique but maybe you should add a simple challenge where the enemies start with 5 strengths for the first cycle
and maybe you can make an easier difficulty that enemies have less health for people who like the game but it's too hard for them.

Your game is amazing keep working on it!
creeper509
Scratcher
100+ posts

StrixCattus wrote:

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

blessingj100 wrote:

This is true, but Dex is crucial to build up as it lets you prevent damage and the only two healing cards in the base game are both Skills. You need to focus on Dex while putting only a few points into other stats, then switching over to the other stats entirely once you've fully upgraded Dex. I usually put all my points into Dex and spill over into Str and Int afterwards, but you can also start out with a few points in Dex and then upgrade Str and Int alongside Dex. If you spread out your stat points evenly, you won't have any of the bonuses they give you going into the boss fight, which is not ideal.
I will agree dexterity is great, especially on the first loop, and I do usually go for dexterity first, but you should not be taking any healing cards. Upgrading health and killer bee honey makes it redundant, and killing the enemies before they kill you is a blo- I mean it saves hp. Healing also doesn’t scale with strength, and by the time you have five of each stat you should have either died before that point or you don’t need healing. Also, responding to the guy two replies ago, by the time you get to the second loop you should have all but two levels to max out all five stats, and at that point you have so many relics the scaling issue becomes irrelevant. This game also isn’t like slay the spire, where every single enemy scales within three turns, so defense is a lot more valuable. Treasure chest is trash though.
creeper509
Scratcher
100+ posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

New character drop lesgo
EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

-NovaTheComic- wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterworld-wiki/images/f/f5/596.png/revision/latest?cb=20190627215904]Your text to link here… how much he improved
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

who do you guys thing pertanic protector and pertanic guardian are? they are enemy IDs 10 and 11 respectively and do all we know about them are there base hp (30 for protector, 40 for guardian) and names, they both drop 20 exp but that feels like a placeholder.

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defense game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
EpicRoka
Scratcher
66 posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

who do you guys thing pertanic protector and pertanic guardian are? they are enemy IDs 10 and 11 respectively and do all we know about them are there base hp (30 for protector, 40 for guardian) and names, they both drop 20 exp but that feels like a placeholder.
i actually saw those 2 when i tried to mod the game. i am ceartin that one of them is that angelic looking creature from Apfel Art 5
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

EpicRoka wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

i actually saw those 2 when i tried to mod the game. i am ceartin that one of them is that angelic looking creature from Apfel Art 5

Correct! Both can be found in Apfel Art 5 - Protector is the winged lady with the key around her neck and the Guardian is the Tree-Creature.
These were planned for a forest-only event but I scrapped them for the preview.
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Apfellord wrote:

EpicRoka wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

Correct! Both can be found in Apfel Art 5 - Protector is the winged lady with the key around her neck and the Guardian is the Tree-Creature.
biome-specific events confirmed!?

Kittyknight77
New to Scratch
1 post

Such a fun game. My favourite item is the alien's sword that gives you the 0 mana cost abilities, very fun to play with. When do you think the next update is coming out?
Apfellord
Scratcher
100+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

Apfellord wrote:

EpicRoka wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

biome-specific events confirmed!?
Indeed! I can even confirm that certain events that will always appear at the same spot in the run :]
minerman3145
Scratcher
1 post

WOWA very noice!!!
-NovaTheComic-
Scratcher
12 posts

when [Swamp Zompies v] key pressed
broadcast [Die v]

Testing to see if this works