Discuss Scratch

Dancebreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hollow Knight [Official Topic]

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Dancebreeze wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Thanks to the friend who got me into this game and my instinct after he said ‘big yes’ of me asking if the title's foreshadowing, I have figured out The Knight and The Hollow Knight are separate.

give me a spoiler
What do you mean? I accidentally did so, or for me to say something that is one?

Don't worry, you didn't say any accidental spoilers- since you seem to be a little further ahead maaaybe you can, ah, donate a spoiler?

…I think the wolves stole my signature. TeamRocketFan's new account!~

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dancebreeze wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Dancebreeze wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Thanks to the friend who got me into this game and my instinct after he said ‘big yes’ of me asking if the title's foreshadowing, I have figured out The Knight and The Hollow Knight are separate.

give me a spoiler
What do you mean? I accidentally did so, or for me to say something that is one?

Don't worry, you didn't say any accidental spoilers- since you seem to be a little further ahead maaaybe you can, ah, donate a spoiler?
I don't know much sooo

hmmmst I need a good quote
-Since 11th Feb 2019 types in Ranger Red (ab3547)-
°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°
Cis ♀//♐Sagittarius//Agnostic-Deist-Radiantist//ENFP//Sanguine-Phlegmatic
°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°
Fandom List:
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀʟᴇ/ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀʀᴜɴᴇʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ⌇ɪʀʟsʙᴇɴ 10⌇sᴘʟᴀᴛᴏᴏɴʏᴏ-ᴋᴀɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴋᴀɢᴇᴘʀᴏɢʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇsᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ
Dancebreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Dancebreeze wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Dancebreeze wrote:

GraduateScratchy wrote:

give me a spoiler

I don't know much sooo

It's probably more than what I know. (you don't have to give me anything though, no worries)

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

My YouTube recommendations won't stop showing me the thumbnail for a piano cover (I've said I'm not interested for the time being) with this person on it…how do I describe them…Basically think of The Knight but infected, much lankier and taller with a posture I can't think of a way to describe.
Do not tell me who this is, but they look like a walking spoiler.
Thanks a lot, person who made the video. Not like there was anyone who didn't want to see that.

Fandom List:
ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴛᴀʟᴇ/ᴅᴇʟᴛᴀʀᴜɴᴇʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛ⌇ɪʀʟsʙᴇɴ 10⌇sᴘʟᴀᴛᴏᴏɴʏᴏ-ᴋᴀɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜᴋᴀɢᴇᴘʀᴏɢʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ ɢᴀᴍᴇsᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴄʀʏsᴛᴀʟ
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The crash bug got fixed so now I can progress. Anyone know what to do when you reach the Fungal Wastes?

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

The crash bug got fixed so now I can progress. Anyone know what to do when you reach the Fungal Wastes?
There is no main objective for this place, but I personally consider retrieving the Mantis Claw so; it is useful as it allows you to wall jump. If you've entered from the Queen's Station, Cornifer won't be very far right from there, and you can purchase a map from him, as always. Aforementioned Claw is at the end of a long path downwards into the Mantis Village, with acid pools galore, so be wary of that. There are also doors in the entire Wastes that you can only open from one side before being able to enter from both sides.
If you want to, in the Village, you can fight the Mantis Lords, but I personally recommend finding the Nailsmith (to strengthen your nail) first before you do so unless you're very, very good (and patient) already, who is in the place to the right of a statue in the Wastes which I am trying to get to currently but of course thorn parkour is in my way. I'll do it eventually. No Geo lost from that specific place, gladly.
Upon defeating aforementioned Lords you'll be granted the entrance to Deepnest and those darned Mantis Warriors will bow to you from then on.
EDIT: I have not defeated them yet. I only last ~11/2 minutes against them on average.

Last edited by GraduateScratchy (March 18, 2019 14:25:23)

Fandom List:
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

…can I gush about Myla as I really want to…?

Fandom List:
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GraduateScratchy wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

There is no main objective for this place, but I personally consider retrieving the Mantis Claw so; it is useful as it allows you to wall jump. If you've entered from the Queen's Station, Cornifer won't be very far right from there, and you can purchase a map from him, as always. Aforementioned Claw is at the end of a long path downwards into the Mantis Village, with acid pools galore, so be wary of that. There are also doors in the entire Wastes that you can only open from one side before being able to enter from both sides.
If you want to, in the Village, you can fight the Mantis Lords, but I personally recommend finding the Nailsmith (to strengthen your nail) first before you do so unless you're very, very good (and patient) already, who is in the place to the right of a statue in the Wastes which I am trying to get to currently but of course thorn parkour is in my way. I'll do it eventually. No Geo lost from that specific place, gladly.
Upon defeating aforementioned Lords you'll be granted the entrance to Deepnest and those darned Mantis Warriors will bow to you from then on.
EDIT: I have not defeated them yet. I only last ~11/2 minutes against them on average.
Okay so I entered Fungal Wastes from the Forgotten Crossroads, made it to mantis village, all ways to get to anywhere in the village are blocked by doors or on a ledge too high to reach, and occasionally both. What do I do?

EDIT: I found a lever, lol I didn't even know it was a lever, I thought it was just decoration.

Last edited by Mr_PenguinAlex (March 18, 2019 15:46:16)

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay so now I got the wall jump claw, now what? I got lost and wandered to a room in the Fog Canyons to a black barrier I can't cross. I can hear the map dude humming on the other side.

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

My new least favourite sound (didn't have one until now) in this game is:
shrill scream
BOOM
(possible loss of two masks)

Last edited by GraduateScratchy (March 18, 2019 17:17:09)

Fandom List:
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Okay so now I got the wall jump claw, now what? I got lost and wandered to a room in the Fog Canyons to a black barrier I can't cross. I can hear the map dude humming on the other side.
I don't know where that is. Sorry.

Fandom List:
Dancebreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

GraduateScratchy wrote:

…can I gush about Myla as I really want to…?

Go ahead. This thread is probably meant for that.

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Now I'm in the city of tears, no idea where to go next.

expect lots of posts about me being lost, by the way.

GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

You're right behind me!! I've been in there for a while by now!

Fandom List:
GraduateScratchy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Velmi Artrid.

Last edited by GraduateScratchy (March 18, 2019 23:49:12)

Fandom List:
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

City of Tears is huge. The only real thing you might need to do once you've reached it is find a way to get south and acquire an upgrade that lets you swim in acidic waters. Once that's done, you're able to access everywhere you might need to go. (You might need to head east if you haven't already after this, but it's not necessary for progression in City of Tears, only for the rest of the game.)

Dancebreeze
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

same here except i'm barely anywhere in this game and hopelessly lost

Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay, so I have gone as far south as I can go, went to the nailsmith, got a nail upgrade, I never left the nailsmith. Where should I go to get the acid water swimming after that?

And where should I go after I get the acid water swimming?

_nix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WolfCat67 wrote:

City of Tears is huge. The only real thing you might need to do once you've reached it is find a way to get south and acquire an upgrade that lets you swim in acidic waters. Once that's done, you're able to access everywhere you might need to go.
Although for what it's relevant, I've been playing and progressing for like 30 hours more without having found that upgrade, so… it's at the very least not necessary for a very long time

══ trans autistic lesbian enbydoggirls // 16 17 18 19 20 21, she/they
sparrows one word to the paragraph // <3 // ~(quasar) nebula
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_nix wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

City of Tears is huge. The only real thing you might need to do once you've reached it is find a way to get south and acquire an upgrade that lets you swim in acidic waters. Once that's done, you're able to access everywhere you might need to go.
Although for what it's relevant, I've been playing and progressing for like 30 hours more without having found that upgrade, so… it's at the very least not necessary for a very long time
Yeah, it's not going to be used for much - really, it's only used for one important thing I believe, and it's a technically-late-game-but-not-really upgrade.

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Okay, so I have gone as far south as I can go, went to the nailsmith, got a nail upgrade, I never left the nailsmith. Where should I go to get the acid water swimming after that?

And where should I go after I get the acid water swimming?
Acid water swimming is even further south (requires a key). To get the key, head to the room east of the Nailsmith - there should be platforms in the air (accessible by elevator-thing) that allow you to progress further.

It's only really necessary for alternative routes into Fog Canyon. It's a little difficult to get to the area, though. Now that I think about it, you might need to have thoroughly explored Crystal Peak first… You can absolutely do that before City of Tears, which is what I did in a speedrun for that one achievement, but I just now realized most people won't have done that.

If you haven't explored the heck out of Crystal Peak, do that. Head north in City of Tears (using the same method of getting to the key mentioned previously), finish the Soul Sanctum sub-area, and fast-travel using the nearby Stag Station to the Forgotten Crossroads, and pass by Myla to get to the Crystal Peak.

Really, at this point in the game, it's a matter of getting the rest of the upgrades (Crystal Peak, Royal Waterways) and then finding a way to access the three Dreamers to fight the final boss. That's really it - everything else is optional.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (March 19, 2019 22:01:38)