Discuss Scratch

MBcodes18
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hollow Knight [Official Topic]

pkhead wrote:

Felinequasar wrote:

Fighting NKG and I need a decent charm combo. Have any recommendations?
I don't know the only charms i find useful are the lifeblood ones, and quick slash, and the nail range ones, and fragile strength, and shaman stone.
personally i like to use shape of unn, grubsong, quick focus, and weaversong- grubsong and weaversong alone is basically free soul after you lose kingsoul.
yeah if you couldnt tell i suck at dodging.
edit- i havent even gotten to nkg, those are just some i try to keep on me. sometimes i take off weaversong.

Last edited by MBcodes18 (June 17, 2022 15:52:53)

when I receive [MBcodes18]
He/him
Not particularly active
repeat (Current hyperfixations)
Legend of Zelda
Minecraft
Pokemon
end
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBcodes18 wrote:

is it just me or are the watcher knights like 7 times harder than the hollow knight?
watcher knights is pretty hard to do without descending dark.

once i beat both of them with no mask upgrades. at the end of the watcher knights battle i was on one hp. in the hollow knight battle i died like 4 times. so i’d say the hollow knight is harder. but, then again, i haven’t fought the hollow knight in a while then, so maybe it’s just that i forgot his attack patterns and timing.

Actually I did fight the hollow knight a few days before that.
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MBcodes18 wrote:

pkhead wrote:

Felinequasar wrote:

Fighting NKG and I need a decent charm combo. Have any recommendations?
I don't know the only charms i find useful are the lifeblood ones, and quick slash, and the nail range ones, and fragile strength, and shaman stone.
personally i like to use shape of unn, grubsong, quick focus, and weaversong- grubsong and weaversong alone is basically free soul after you lose kingsoul.
yeah if you couldnt tell i suck at dodging.
edit- i havent even gotten to nkg, those are just some i try to keep on me. sometimes i take off weaversong.
Yeah i have no idea what those charms do because i never used them. Also I overestimated the usefulness of quick slash. I only thought it was useful after I beat lost kin after equipping it. (I struggled with that boss initially i thought it was a bad boss because of the infection bubbles) But after beating the entire game without it I realized the truth.

I also used quick focus for the majority of my game. I stopped using it when I wanted to use other charms and I was good enough at the game.

Also some speed runner named fire born says that shaman stone is the best charm in the game, since they maximize spell damage which is already pretty high.
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bindings are too hard!!! i can only do all bindings in the first pantheon, but for the rest i have to do two at a time like the nerd i am. and it doesn't give me a glowy thing i must have it glow. at least i get the lifeblood.

and even then i died like 4 times in the pantheon of the sage with soul and charm bindings, barely made it past the last boss i completed it with one mask because most of the damage was from the boss 2 bosses before. unlocking him was a mistake it definitely wasn't worth the cool statue of void given form. just kidding it was but i wanna get void given focus that looks even cooler (+ i can brag about doing all bosses hitless), but that means having to do the watcher knights and especially absolute radiance hitless.(too hard!)

at least i don't use infinite charm notch mod, and +2 lifeblood mask mod, and 1 frame focus mod, and enemy hp bar mod, and boss hp bar mod, and no shade mod, and asking me to hit the boss for him 12 times in the multiplayer mod, like my friend does when he dies 2 times to a boss. i shouldn't have told him that you could mod the game. but i suppose he wouldn't enjoy the game otherwise… but i mean look at this

anyway instead i complain about the difficulty in the optional dlc on the scratch forums after i got all the achievements in the game.

a word other than anyway, i don't know where to talk about hollow knight other than like re**it and d***ord but i don't feel like using those services. can't wait for silksong as i would love to explore a brand new map. i heard it's coming out around summer 2023

Last edited by pkhead (Aug. 22, 2022 03:43:58)

wkmewsic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pkhead wrote:

a word other than anyway, i don't know where to talk about hollow knight other than like re**it and d***ord but i don't feel like using those services. can't wait for silksong as i would love to explore a brand new map. i heard it's coming out around summer 2023
i mean, in the xbox thing it said within the next 12 months so we won't have to wait too long

wkmewsic

The name's Cass. She/they/it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
GNC Female|14 y/o|4 plants|Rhythm Doctor, Splatoon, ADoFaI|American|ENFP|Aroace|Chaotic Good

"NOW EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH splatoon 2 let's plays BY EGGMAN!!!"

wkmewsic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dreamt they made a hollow knight musical, which sounds either fantastic or horrible depending on the vibes

wkmewsic

The name's Cass. She/they/it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
GNC Female|14 y/o|4 plants|Rhythm Doctor, Splatoon, ADoFaI|American|ENFP|Aroace|Chaotic Good

"NOW EVERYONE WILL BE ABLE TO WATCH splatoon 2 let's plays BY EGGMAN!!!"

A_Thena
Scratcher
55 posts

hello hollow knight fans, i know this topic is dead but i wish to revive it :>

I write books and draw art.

They/it

Obsessed with Hollow Knight <3

Join the Green Crown roleplay! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32214284/comments
Also join the Hornet Worship Cult! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32107650/comments
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pkhead wrote:

I heard of some game but I forgot its name, I think it was called Shovel Knight? Or something like that? It was [something] knight at least.
Well, whatever it is, it's totally a “rip-off” of Hollow Knight.
I don't play Hollow Knight, I'm just posting here to point something out which isn't actually true

Last edited by k0d3rrr (Oct. 12, 2022 22:42:11)

Animated button created by me

Despite what my About section says, I have been using Scratch before 2019. 2019 was the year that I first joined Scratch.
Sparkles_The_Fennec
Scratcher
100+ posts

pkhead wrote:

I heard of some game but I forgot its name, I think it was called Shovel Knight? Or something like that? It was [something] knight at least.
yeah, shovel knight
hollow knight is much better than it

hi i’m finley i like dogs and omori

they/he/she

box

hey there buddy chum pal friend buddy pal chum bud friend fella bruther amigo pal buddy friend chummy chum chum pal i don't mean to be rude my friend pal home slice bread slice dawg but i gotta warn ya if u take one more diddly darn step right there im going to have to diddly darn snap ur neck and wowza wouldn't that be a crummy juncture, huh? do yuo want that? because friend buddy chum friend chum pally pal chum friend if you keep this up well gosh diddly darn i just might have to get not so friendly with u my friendly friend friend pal friend buddy chum pally friend chum buddy……
EmeraldTaco
Scratcher
100+ posts

pkhead wrote:

Yeah, Shovel Knight. Good game, HK is better

Generation 6: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Minecraft name: FireFangFinnJay.
I'M UNSTOPPABLE! HAHAHAHA!
I like Undertale, Skylanders, Deltarune, and others.
I'm playing Minecraft Dungeons currently.
M O R S H U S U P R E M A C Y
A_Thena
Scratcher
55 posts

i am brainrotting over grimm send help /mj

They/it

Join the Green Crown roleplay! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32214284/comments
Also join the Hornet Worship Cult! https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32107650/comments
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A_Thena wrote:

Grimm is easy just use the Waycomp wardpass charm.

I remember it took me like 12 tries to beat him the first time.
A_Thena
Scratcher
55 posts

pkhead wrote:

A_Thena wrote:

no i've beat him several times and beaten nkg several times i'm just losing braincells because grimm <3

They/it

pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A_Thena wrote:

pkhead wrote:

A_Thena wrote:

no i've beat him several times and beaten nkg several times i'm just losing braincells because grimm <3
Oh . Are you trying to beat him hitless?
A_Thena
Scratcher
55 posts

pkhead wrote:

A_Thena wrote:

pkhead wrote:

A_Thena wrote:

Oh . Are you trying to beat him hitless?

not yet i am just losing braincells for absolutely no reason other than i like grimm :')

They/it

MBcodes18
Scratcher
100+ posts

this charm loadout garuntees you a win!
shape of unn
quick focus
deep focus
joni's blessing

when I receive [MBcodes18]
He/him
Not particularly active
repeat (Current hyperfixations)
Legend of Zelda
Minecraft
Pokemon
end
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I love hollow knight, but the lack of a clear objective messes with me. I'm always worried about “playing the game correctly” and I don't find things in the game on my own. For example, I went to the city of tears to upgrade the nail before the mantis lords, but panicked when I was locked in because I messed up the order you're supposed to do things, which I understand there is no order in Metroidvanias.

Professional idiot
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Yo-Kai Watch, Bug Fables, and Cassette Beasts.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
pkhead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

did any of you ever search things up on your first playthrough? personally i refrained from googling things as i wanted to do a blind playthrough. i’d only search things up if i was completely stumped. then after i got the first ending, i freed myself from my self-bound chains and searched away.
A_Thena
Scratcher
55 posts

pkhead wrote:

did any of you ever search things up on your first playthrough? personally i refrained from googling things as i wanted to do a blind playthrough. i’d only search things up if i was completely stumped. then after i got the first ending, i freed myself from my self-bound chains and searched away.

yeah, although i kinda regret it. spoiled myself a lot. i still love the game though. if silksong ever comes out i'll probably just not google things.

They/it