Discuss Scratch

XCartooonX
Scratcher
500+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

Assuming you got the detail of there being 50 levels wrong (the one I'm thinking of has 40), then I'm pretty sure this is 40x Escape by Bart Bonte (one of my all time favorite puzzle game creators! He also made Factory Balls.)
Downside is, it's in Flash, so (unless he ported it to HTML5?) you won't be able to play it too easily but there's this program you can get called Flashpoint with a LOT of Flash games archived, including this one.
THAT'S EXACTLY IT OH MY GOD. Thank you so much! I couldn't remember if the game had 50 levels or 40 levels though, so I'm surprised you managed to nail it
edit: king of the page!

Last edited by XCartooonX (March 9, 2024 00:29:36)

Want to view the rest of my signature? Highlight this text and press Shift+Down!

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

Name: Meep
Adopt one yourself! @ Pokémon Orphanage
“Angel Gabby? Angel Gabby!” ~ Francis, the best boye

Hello! My name is XCartooonX, but please call me Low-Key. I'm super into Pokemon, My Singing Monsters, and more. Feel free to follow me!

Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[SEARCHING THREAD] Is there any piece of media that you’re looking for? + Lost Media Discussion Thread

XCartooonX wrote:

THAT'S EXACTLY IT OH MY GOD. Thank you so much! I couldn't remember if the game had 50 levels or 40 levels though, so I'm surprised you managed to nail it
edit: king of the page!
Yay!!!
It was when you mentioned the little bird that made me realize it.

NullPointerException: myLife does not exist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi! I'm Fun Cupcake and I pop onto the forums every now and then to ask questions or try and help out.
My goal is to help people out and brighten their days!
Also, I do in fact have a voice-acted series. It's a fantasy story and I'd love it if you'd check it out!
You could also check out Sprinkle Town, a town game I created inspired by Stardew Valley! (It's still in very early development stages.)
ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

here's some lostwave for yall
wondering if anybody can help me make out lyrics

made in the sun frame ☼ | grid of points – – – l.h.
Check out my Soundcloud!
abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

I remember some game/app from a long time ago …I think it might have been related to coding, but also about flushing homework down the toilet/into space? Or maybe just one part of it was about that…

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Lynx: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Wow a blue link
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT [Removed by evil kumquat]!

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

when I receive [SpongeBob Musical]
say [THIS IS AWESOME] for (2) secs

SCRATCH HAS A HEIGHT CHART? (It's not a statement, it's a question.)

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

Updated 5/3/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated (many times) 3/25/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/07/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 3/5/2024 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Updated 11/14/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY)

END OF SIGNATURE
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

…..Okay, so, I may or may not have made an entire spreadsheet on Google Sheets detailing every single piece of media people have been looking for on this thread, complete with post numbers, anything that's been ruled out, and possible matches. Because I clearly have nothing better to do.

I can't share it here cuz Scratch doesn't like G Suite (in some cases it can reveal your “digital mailbox” so it could have privacy concerns) but if anyone needs to know a quick reference of whether something has been found or not hit me up xD

anybody who thinks i don't have a life, is correct, see: my signature.

Hi! I'm Fun Cupcake and I pop onto the forums every now and then to ask questions or try and help out.
Also, I do in fact have a voice-acted series. It's a fantasy story and I'd love it if you'd check it out!
You could also check out Sprinkle Town, a town game I created inspired by Stardew Valley! (It's still in very early development stages.)
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

…..Okay, so, I may or may not have made an entire spreadsheet on Google Sheets detailing every single piece of media people have been looking for on this thread, complete with post numbers, anything that's been ruled out, and possible matches. Because I clearly have nothing better to do.

I can't share it here cuz Scratch doesn't like G Suite (in some cases it can reveal your “digital mailbox” so it could have privacy concerns) but if anyone needs to know a quick reference of whether something has been found or not hit me up xD

Couldn't you just make a Pastebin version of your sheet if Scratch doesn't like G Suite?

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
coolhaloguy
Scratcher
10 posts

EDawg2011 wrote:

What's the song used in this project?
can somebody find know this song? (note: its the 2nd song in the backdrops)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850417767/
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

Couldn't you just make a Pastebin version of your sheet if Scratch doesn't like G Suite?
….okay so i maybe forgot that site exists but also i don't think it supports charts? it's really quick to edit it how it is in sheets

ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

coolhaloguy wrote:

EDawg2011 wrote:

What's the song used in this project?
can somebody find know this song? (note: its the 2nd song in the backdrops)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850417767/

considering it's called ‘ytmate’ it's from youtube… do you have the youtube link?

Check out my Soundcloud!
lapisi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

(#1388)

-Telekore- wrote:

Fun_Cupcake_i81 wrote:

….okay so i maybe forgot that site exists but also i don't think it supports charts? it's really quick to edit it how it is in sheets
what about a screenshot in a project?

don't forget

why are humans so meaty?
Fun_Cupcake_i81
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lapisi wrote:

what about a screenshot in a project?
I mean, I could do that, but even with the HD uploads from “no no word” I still feel like it would make the text impossible to read.
I could maybe do a simplified version of it in a project, but I wouldn't really want to go about updating it, since I really just made the Sheets thingy for me - I just felt like I should put it out there that if anyone doesn't want to read through the whole seventy pages of this topic and wants to know if something was solved I could help them out :P
in summary:
I am in fact lazy.
But if anybody wants specific info about one of the pieces of media being discussed here, comment on my profile, I could maybe help.
and if anybody happens to already have offsite contact with me I would not be opposed to sharing the sheet through there

I'm realizing I kinda derailed this a bit… Sorry. Let's try to get back on track

TheExample_2020
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheExample_2020 wrote:

hey i've been crawling through this thread for a while now and scratch is media, so here we go; anyone know what happened to this project i discovered in ‘19 or ’20?

Too Long; Didn't Read wrote:

too long? synopsis: a word guessing game i can't seem to find anywhere. very simple objective (find the word), very difficult to do (coded under maximum encoding). found the word in a comment (not telling, you have to read for that). had a dead-ended scavenger hunt. has chipm0nk-level fame. where is it?

it was an insanely difficult word searching project. the notes and credits (or maybe instructions) said you can ravage the project all you want, if it helps to find the correct word.
what constituted as a “word” was:
  • it must have been in english
    it needed to have anywhere from three to 25 letters total
    i don't think special characters counted
if the word didn't meet the criteria, or it was the wrong word, it would say (on i think a small banner at the top) “incorrect…” or something to tell you that you are wrong.
i remember it blowing up on scratch, everyone trying everything to find the word.
if you somehow guessed correctly, it would take you on a scavenger hunt through projects made by the guy, with a prize or something at the end. also, i remember not being able to progress after finding the word in the comments (getting into that later) because one of the projects disabled the progression.
now, in terms of what was onscreen, i remember that it had a big list in the middle to the top (maybe making room for that “incorrect…” banner), the rules in the bottom-right corner, and a dialogue box, the same one used in –
 ask [what is this project?] and wait 
– that block. the dialogue box was used to input your incorrect answer, because it took FOREVER for someone to find the word.
INSIDE the project, there were several things scattered around, a checker with like 20 lists for complexity, and a thumbnail with binary in the back that coded for something like: “SORRY, THERE ARE NO HINTS FOR YOU HERE. GOOD GUESS THO ”. that's all i can remember.

what was the word???
it was verbophobia, defined as the fear of words. not hippopotamonstrosesquippedaliophobia, the fear of long words; this is the fear of words.

the comment that i found it on???
something like this.

anonymous+scratcher wrote:

i'm gonna make a {…forgot} and fill it up with so many words that i'm gonna get verbophobia.
it was the type of project that would get featured in an instant, like chipm0nk- or Will_Wam-level fame.
also sounds like it was made in Scratch 2.0, discovered by a year-old scratcher, and skyrocketed it to stardom.

so, with the clues from my investment memory,
where is this thing???
bump

TheExample_2020
poster of projects, crawler of forums

highlight text with mouse and use shift + down arrow to scroll.~~~
And now, an excerpt from Matrix Dimensions (2101).

Morpheus (holding out left hand):
You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
(Holding out right hand):
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
(Holding out middle hand?):
You take the purple pill…
Neo (confused as heck):
Wha…?
Morpheus (continued):
…I choose for you; be warned: it's probably not going to be the blue pill.
(Neo takes the blue pill and the purple pill.)
Morpheus (visibly annoyed):

The blue pill was a placebo…
(The blue pill was not a placebo.)
…and you chose the purple pill, meaning I choose for you. Come with me.
(Morpheus throws Neo out of an opened window, Neo breaking an arm and a leg in the process.)
Morpheus:

No one abuses the pills…
(continued, holding out hand below middle hand??)
…especially when you don't take the mandatory green pill.
Neo (telepathically to Morpheus):
Jinx! One… two…
(Morpheus doesn't want to be jinxed, so he jumps out of the window, breaking one of his arms and one of his legs in the process.)
Neo (weakly):

Ha! Now do you feel my pain?
Morpheus (weakly):
No, not really. Didn't feel a thing.
(Morpheus and Neo go back inside the building, while limping.)
Libbyty2
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

Libbyty2 wrote:

-Telekore- wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

-Telekore- wrote:

Remember the long search for that dance song I was looking for?

So uhh… guess what?

I FOUND THE VIDEO I WATCHED THAT USED IT!!!

Now all I need is the name of the song to show up…
Most likely the name of the song isn't available anywhere in the video itself.
Yeah, but Shazam exists
yes!! i have shazam on my phone!
I already found the name of the song lol
Mylene Farmer - “C'est dans lair”
translates to: It's in the air

when green flag clicked
say [Scratch on!] for (2) secs
Be moist
be awesome
 (@-@) 
Above is Kobolandirosalikoraminamiorigamipaperpaperpizzaguy. He protects my signature from evil kumquats.He's also a friendly demon.
Ever wanted to meet an anti-furry? | here let me take your sad and throw it down the garbage disposal | YOU HAVE TO HEAR THIS
dinkydonuts09
Scratcher
100+ posts

wage

mods, send him to llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

dinkydonuts09 wrote:

wage
Like the UglyDoll????

I'm searching for a kid-friendly name for the genre of ‘bear mascot spooky’ games.
Please give feedback of my signature/an answer to the question above on my profile whenever; it helps a lot
This is my signature. You may already know that when you click on this and press shift+down (that's the selecting downward keyboard shortcut), you can see more of it. (mobile users I'm trying to make sure that the most important stuff goes on top of this sig) Did you know this also happens with profile activity? XD

Wow a blue link

This is Carl Blah. Mr. Blah is glad to help in the field of kumquats or even the occasional calamondin.
((0) - (0))

What a wonderful year (2024)! First Mojang listens, now the ST is listening: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/746187/

END OF SIGNATURE
TheExample_2020
Scratcher
100+ posts

abubriski wrote:

dinkydonuts09 wrote:

wage
Like the UglyDoll????
wage haid

TheExample_2020
poster of projects, crawler of forums

highlight text with mouse and use shift + down arrow to scroll.~~~
And now, an excerpt from Matrix Dimensions (2101).

Morpheus (holding out left hand):
You take the blue pill, the story ends; you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe.
(Holding out right hand):
You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes.
(Holding out middle hand?):
You take the purple pill…
Neo (confused as heck):
Wha…?
Morpheus (continued):
…I choose for you; be warned: it's probably not going to be the blue pill.
(Neo takes the blue pill and the purple pill.)
Morpheus (visibly annoyed):

The blue pill was a placebo…
(The blue pill was not a placebo.)
…and you chose the purple pill, meaning I choose for you. Come with me.
(Morpheus throws Neo out of an opened window, Neo breaking an arm and a leg in the process.)
Morpheus:

No one abuses the pills…
(continued, holding out hand below middle hand??)
…especially when you don't take the mandatory green pill.
Neo (telepathically to Morpheus):
Jinx! One… two…
(Morpheus doesn't want to be jinxed, so he jumps out of the window, breaking one of his arms and one of his legs in the process.)
Neo (weakly):

Ha! Now do you feel my pain?
Morpheus (weakly):
No, not really. Didn't feel a thing.
(Morpheus and Neo go back inside the building, while limping.)
lachlanatbakewell
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh boy, discussing this is definitely gonna be risky
Before I begin, this is not a call to search, but just for discussion, ok Scratch?

Lost scenes are always an interesting discussion. From the cut ending scenes of a 1932 horror classic, to the recently forever lost Dune 2 scenes. But shockingly, one of the most brutal horror series ever had a scene cut for either being too graphic… or, surprisingly, too funny.

The 2021 movie Spiral: From the Book of Saw had a tough time releasing into cinemas. As a result of the leads of Chris Rock and Samuel L Jackson likely bringing in a more casual audience who couldn't handle the gore the series is known for, the MPAA cracked down HARD. A scene where a cop has his fingers ripped off originally showed footage of all 10 being removed, but was cut down heavily. Later, a scene showing a dead body's skin being removed was also heavily censored.
But to me, the most interesting piece of lost media from this movie is an entire death trap cut from the movie.

Not much is known about how this trap would work, but supposedly the character of Officer Drury would have to remove his own face's skin to escape. He would later be discovered by Marcus Banks, Samuel L Jackson's character, who would mistake him for his son Ezekiel due to, y'know, no face skin. Interestingly, Marcus would get his hands bloodied from investigating, and although the scene was removed, his bloody hands are still in the movie.
There are two remnants of the scene that survive. One is a photo a staff member took of a pool of blood with Drury in the reflection. The other is another staff member posing next to the prop of Drury halfway through the process.

Now this is where things get weird.
As a result of the MPAA's heavy crackdown on Spiral's graphic scenes, you'd expect them to be the reason this whole scene was removed, correct?
Now, I don't remember where I heard this, but I think it's part of the director's commentary. Apparently, a trap sequence had to be removed after the effects were so poor that the test audience laughed at the bad quality instead of being horrified at the events occuring before them.

Whether it was the MPAA, or comedy, I don't know the answer. But I do know one thing for certain.
For the time being, the scene involving a face-removal trap is lost.

Last edited by lachlanatbakewell (March 18, 2024 00:04:56)

Just a weirdo who chills here from time to time.
ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

lachlanatbakewell wrote:

Oh boy, discussing this is definitely gonna be risky
Before I begin, this is not a call to search, but just for discussion, ok Scratch?

(snip)

did you have any sources for this? it's pretty interesting and I can curious to see the 2 photos
never heard of this up until now

Check out my Soundcloud!
abubriski
Scratcher
100+ posts

Does anyone remember that one potato-themed depth map project? I remember that it was made by a somewhat famous Scratcher, and would scan an image of a pile of potatoes to create a 3D(?) map with elevation.

Wow a blue link

((0) - (0))

END OF SIGNATURE
ithcus
Scratcher
96 posts

abubriski wrote:

Does anyone remember that one potato-themed depth map project? I remember that it was made by a somewhat famous Scratcher, and would scan an image of a pile of potatoes to create a 3D(?) map with elevation.

highly doubt this is it but this is what i thought of from that description https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/130859821/

edit: just played the game i linked, def not it lol. nvm

Last edited by ithcus (March 18, 2024 19:39:20)

Check out my Soundcloud!