Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs!

apgonscratch wrote:

Username: @apgonscratch
Name of the project: “Scratch Cat's Level Editor”

Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/211763687/

What kind of Review you want: Comprehensive, please!

Brief Description of the project: A tile based level editor where the player takes control of Scratch Cat. You can build, play, save or load, and more!

Harshness: Just as harsh as your usual reviews. Just keep in mind that some sprites are placeholder graphics (for now)

Other Notes: none

Thanks!
Scratch Cat's Level Editor Review
Graphics 7/10 Can be spiced up a bit, but looks good. More themes would be nice.
Gameplay 9/10 Outstanding! Having this good mechanics for a platformer AND a level editor? Wow!
Difficulty N/A This will be set to the average of other scores.
Engagement 8/10 Having a level editor provides a lot of fun and you can even save levels.
Sound 3/10 Having other sound effects would be good and the current music is really harsh.
Creativity 7/10 Good idea which is executed very well Spinning gears and bouncing platforms are great.
Instructions 7/10 Nice and clear, but having a list of blocks and theirs functions would be good.
Storyline N/A this will be set to the average of other scores.
Bugs/Glitches 6/10 If you run straight into a wall, you get stuck. Try asking for help in the Help with Scripts forum.
Animations/Transitions 7/10 Good, especially the run cycle and special blocks but can be spiced up.
Overall Score 72/100 Really great concept which is executed well.

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Hey, would you review a whole series of projects or is that asking too much?
Yeah, why not. You'll need to give me some time though. Do you want a review for the whole series or each project?
I'd like the whole series to be reviewed as one, please

Username:
Name of the project: Boredom Cat Season one
Link: all the episodes are in this studio
What kind of Review you want: Custom: storyline, sound, creativity, animations/transitions, engagement
Brief Description of the project: Boredom Cat is a comedy series using recoloured and edited versions of the scratch sprites. The series focuses on Boredom Cat (an edit of the scratch cat) and his friend Boredom Crab and their various encounters with The Witch. The series is a reboot of a series by the same name I created on my old account.
Harshness: medium
Other notes: You don't have to review “The Boredom Club” as it is made by a different user though you should watch it to understand what happens in “Boredom Cat's Boredom Race”. On the topic of “Boredom Cat's Boredom Race”, there's a bit of context to it that you should know. Firstly, it's kind of a Drag Race parody, but also a parody of reality TV competitions in general. Secondly, I did a competition in which one user got to have their OC put in the episode and another user got their account mentioned.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Scratch Cat's Level Editor Review
Graphics 7/10 Can be spiced up a bit, but looks good. More themes would be nice.
Gameplay 9/10 Outstanding! Having this good mechanics for a platformer AND a level editor? Wow!
Difficulty N/A This will be set to the average of other scores.
Engagement 8/10 Having a level editor provides a lot of fun and you can even save levels.
Sound 3/10 Having other sound effects would be good and the current music is really harsh.
Creativity 7/10 Good idea which is executed very well Spinning gears and bouncing platforms are great.
Instructions 7/10 Nice and clear, but having a list of blocks and theirs functions would be good.
Bugs/Glitches 6/10 If you run straight into a wall, you get stuck. Try asking for help in the Help with Scripts forum.
Animations/Transitions 7/10 Good, especially the run cycle and special blocks but can be spiced up.
Overall Score 72/100 Really great concept which is executed well.
Thanks! I honestly didn't expect this to get such a high rating due to how it's only in beta. The issues that you did bring up are currently being worked on. Thanks again!

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Yeah, why not. You'll need to give me some time though. Do you want a review for the whole series or each project?

Username:
What kind of Review you want: Custom: storyline, sound, creativity, animations/transitions, engagement
Brief Description of the project: Boredom Cat is a comedy series using recoloured and edited versions of the scratch sprites. The series focuses on Boredom Cat (an edit of the scratch cat) and his friend Boredom Crab and their various encounters with The Witch. The series is a reboot of a series by the same name I created on my old account.
Other notes: You don't have to review “The Boredom Club” as it is made by a different user though you should watch it to understand what happens in “Boredom Cat's Boredom Race”. On the topic of “Boredom Cat's Boredom Race”, there's a bit of context to it that you should know. Firstly, it's kind of a Drag Race parody, but also a parody of reality TV competitions in general. Secondly, I did a competition in which one user got to have their OC put in the episode and another user got their account mentioned.
Taken. Gimme some time, maybe 5 hours. Also, what is the viewing order? Or can I watch it in any order?

TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

Username:
Taken. Gimme some time, maybe 5 hours. Also, what is the viewing order? Or can I watch it in any order?
Work from the bottom of the studio to the top, that should be the correct order.
Basically, the episode order is this:
Reboot
The Alps
Boredom Club
April Fools
Boredom Race
The Date
The FInale

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

Username:
Work from the bottom of the studio to the top, that should be the correct order.
Basically, the episode order is this:
Reboot
The Alps
Boredom Club
April Fools
Boredom Race
The Date
The FInale
Ok

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Username:
Boredom Cat Season 1 Review
Yeah, I'm just gonna tell my opinions here, which doesn't change how good or bad the project is. Or I'm blatantly misinterpreting EVERYTHING.

Engagement I'm sorry, but I didn't like it, the humour was good in a bad way, like a corny joke being funny because it's corny so 3/10(Ouch). Also, why not have it progress by a key being pressed instead of this? I'm a very fast reader, but others may not be and trying to understand is really difficult and takes time.
Sound 5/10 Um, some good sounds will be better. Voice will also be appreciated a lot in this type of project, even if it's just a text-to-speech.
Creativity 7/10 Nice but default scratch sprites look terrible. The idea for Boredom Cat is also confusing. I get that he's a recolour, but what's his personality?
Storyline 4/10 The story usually doesn't make any sense. Fourth wall breaks are good though. I like how all episodes maintain continuity instead of treating each other like separate entities.
Animations/Transitions 7/10 Expressions, movement, fading effects are good.
Overall Score 52/10 I'm sorry if I disappointed you. If you want, someone else from this shop can do a review. I hope you accept my review.

enricondal
Scratcher
13 posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

Hi everyone! I have just found this place and I would like to share my project so you can review it and tell me how it is. Thanks in advance!

Username: enricondal
Name of the project: Dark Zone
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/36723716/
What kind of review you want: Comprehensive review
Brief description of the project: In Dark Zone you take control of a spaceship and you try to survive in space as much as possible by dodging asteroids. To help you there are three different “power-ups” that you'll get for surviving a specific amount of time. The game has also got a cloud-data Hall of fame with the 5 best scores.
Harshness: Say what you have to say, I can handle it
Other notes: The game was published a long time ago but I'm trying to improve it as much as possible and see where it can get. In the Instructions writen part of the project there can be found some more ‘deep’ explanations and in the Notes and Credits one, there are all the updates that have been added, just in case you're curious. One last thing, I would like to get help in the code that makes the spaceship move, because if it's moven very slowly by the player, it seems kinda weird.

Thanks for everything! I appreciate what you are doing!
Dark Zone
Graphics 6/10 Great Job! Powerup effects are good but the try changing the menu screen
Gameplay 7/10 Solid concept but too difficult.
Difficulty 3/10 Yeah, I couldn't get past 18 seconds. I tried changing the powerups to come sooner but there are just too many meteors and they move too fast. 4-5 meteors will be good.
Engagement 7/10 Cloud High Score leaderboards are great but the insert coin loses its fun after too many tries. Try making it go back to the menu screen after you die.
Sound 7/10 Nice music! Some other sounds would be good.
Creativity 7/10 Great job, but feels a bit bland.
Instructions 8/10 Love the Version History! Instructions are well explained.
Bugs/Glitches 9/10 I know you are working on the mouse movement.
Animations/Transitions 8/10 Great! Dying effect and powerups are really cool.
Overall Score 60/100 Great job! Fix the difficulty and you'd be on your way to a really solid game with a lot built on it!
Okey, thanks for all the tips and for sharing your opinion about my game!
I think you kinda took your anger out on giving a 3 on difficulty but it's OK (just kidding). Was it laggy when you played it on your computer?
I don't know how you did the average but I don't get the same score you gave me, more like a 70. (OMG this seems like being in high school!)

Anyway, thanks for everything!

See ya!
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Yeah, I'm just gonna tell my opinions here, which doesn't change how good or bad the project is. Or I'm blatantly misinterpreting EVERYTHING.

Engagement I'm sorry, but I didn't like it, the humour was good in a bad way, like a corny joke being funny because it's corny so 3/10(Ouch). Also, why not have it progress by a key being pressed instead of this? I'm a very fast reader, but others may not be and trying to understand is really difficult and takes time.
Sound 5/10 Um, some good sounds will be better. Voice will also be appreciated a lot in this type of project, even if it's just a text-to-speech.
Creativity 7/10 Nice but default scratch sprites look terrible. The idea for Boredom Cat is also confusing. I get that he's a recolour, but what's his personality?
Storyline 4/10 The story usually doesn't make any sense. Fourth wall breaks are good though. I like how all episodes maintain continuity instead of treating each other like separate entities.
Overall Score 52/10 I'm sorry if I disappointed you. If you want, someone else from this shop can do a review. I hope you accept my review.
It's fine, I'm not taking it personally. In fact, I've found this quite useful. I think I'll work towards properly developing and setting the character's personalities outside of attitudes and text patterns and maybe invest in something like voice acting or maybe just a different method of displaying the text that makes it easier to read and follow. I was thinking of looking into properly planning and scripting new episodes anyways so the story telling would likely be improved by that. The next season is going to be a bit of a reboot anyway as I plan to redevelop the characters with 3.0's sprites and make design touch-ups. Boredom Cat has always been a bit more of a “personal” thing in a sense, using a lot of inside jokes and humour that appeals to me, but I should probably look at the bigger picture when making episodes in future.

*Drinks ketchup*
G'thorpax the Unspoken
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

enricondal wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

Hi everyone! I have just found this place and I would like to share my project so you can review it and tell me how it is. Thanks in advance!

Brief description of the project: In Dark Zone you take control of a spaceship and you try to survive in space as much as possible by dodging asteroids. To help you there are three different “power-ups” that you'll get for surviving a specific amount of time. The game has also got a cloud-data Hall of fame with the 5 best scores.
Other notes: The game was published a long time ago but I'm trying to improve it as much as possible and see where it can get. In the Instructions writen part of the project there can be found some more ‘deep’ explanations and in the Notes and Credits one, there are all the updates that have been added, just in case you're curious. One last thing, I would like to get help in the code that makes the spaceship move, because if it's moven very slowly by the player, it seems kinda weird.

Dark Zone
Graphics 6/10 Great Job! Powerup effects are good but the try changing the menu screen
Difficulty 3/10 Yeah, I couldn't get past 18 seconds. I tried changing the powerups to come sooner but there are just too many meteors and they move too fast. 4-5 meteors will be good.
Engagement 7/10 Cloud High Score leaderboards are great but the insert coin loses its fun after too many tries. Try making it go back to the menu screen after you die.
Overall Score 60/100 Great job! Fix the difficulty and you'd be on your way to a really solid game with a lot built on it!
I think you kinda took your anger out on giving a 3 on difficulty but it's OK (just kidding). Was it laggy when you played it on your computer?
I don't know how you did the average but I don't get the same score you gave me, more like a 70. (OMG this seems like being in high school!)

See ya!
Oh great, I made a math error. Let me recalculate….No wait it's 60. I added up all scores except story, and got 54. 54/9=6 so overall score =54+6=60.
There was no lag, but I have intel Core i5 with 4 GB of RAM. What do you mean, let out my anger? It was too difficult to play.

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

It's fine, I'm not taking it personally. In fact, I've found this quite useful. I think I'll work towards properly developing and setting the character's personalities outside of attitudes and text patterns and maybe invest in something like voice acting or maybe just a different method of displaying the text that makes it easier to read and follow. I was thinking of looking into properly planning and scripting new episodes anyways so the story telling would likely be improved by that. The next season is going to be a bit of a reboot anyway as I plan to redevelop the characters with 3.0's sprites and make design touch-ups. Boredom Cat has always been a bit more of a “personal” thing in a sense, using a lot of inside jokes and humour that appeals to me, but I should probably look at the bigger picture when making episodes in future.
Okay, I'm looking forward to it!

enricondal
Scratcher
13 posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

Dark Zone

See ya!
Oh great, I made a math error. Let me recalculate….No wait it's 60. I added up all scores except story, and got 54. 54/9=6 so overall score =54+6=60.
There was no lag, but I have intel Core i5 with 4 GB of RAM. What do you mean, let out my anger? It was too difficult to play.
Take it easy mate! All scores except Story added up equals 62, not 54. Maybe you forgot counting the Animations/Transitions one but it's OK, you gave me useful advices in the review, that's what I was mainly looking for.

I asked for the lag because if there's lag, then the game gets more difficult. Just that. Because not everyone may agree that the game is too difficult to play. But that's your opinion and you said it after playing the game, so I respect it.

Thanks again and if you need anything I'll be glad to help!

Last edited by enricondal (Aug. 17, 2018 11:55:24)

smartzx
Scratcher
100+ posts

ProLabs wrote:

Username: ProLabs
Name of the project: Twin Spheres
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/239197998/
Brief description of the project: The goal is to protect the Earth with two spheres revolving around it. You can upgrade each of your spheres with the cash you get by destroying the ennemies.
Harshness: Be perfectly honest. I want to make my game better!
Other notes: Hope you enjoy this game!

Thanks a lot!
Twin Spheres
Graphics 5/10 Good Job! I loved the design for the meteor, earth, and the background, but I didn't like the way the title or the buttons looked. Try designing them yourself.
Gameplay 7/10 I like it, but I've seen many games like this before. But I haven't seen one where you control the buttons separately! (And how you could upgrade them with cash)
Difficulty 5/10 A little hard, to control 2 buttons at once.
Engagement 6/10 I liked how you could earn money to upgrade your spheres, but I never could upgrade my spheres because I kept dying. Again, make it less harder.
Sound 7/10 Nice music! Maybe add some other songs?
Creativity 8/10 I liked it, but maybe design the spheres to be something else (Satellites, Moons, etc.)
Instructions 4/10 A little unclear, and I don't know how cash upgrades the spheres (Do you click something, or is it automatic…)
Storyline 6/10 Nice idea of protecting Earth!
Bugs/Glitches 10/10 I didn't find any!
Animations/Transitions 7/10 Not really a lot, but try making it so that you can move while you jump
Overall Score 65/100 Amazing job! Fix some graphics and make it less hard and clearer, and this could get front paged!

Does anyone know where I can find an ACTIVE Big Brother AUDITION studio? Pweeez tell me. (I'm also find with the Amazing Race, but not Survivor)
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

enricondal wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

enricondal wrote:

Dark Zone

See ya!
Take it easy mate! All scores except Story added up equals 62, not 54. Maybe you forgot counting the Animations/Transitions one but it's OK, you gave me useful advices in the review, that's what I was mainly looking for.

I asked for the lag because if there's lag, then the game gets more difficult. Just that. Because not everyone may agree that the game is too difficult to play. But that's your opinion and you said it after playing the game, so I respect it.

Thanks again and if you need anything I'll be glad to help!
I'm an absolute genius. I forgot to count a number. I'll update the scores.

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

smartzx wrote:

ProLabs wrote:

Brief description of the project: The goal is to protect the Earth with two spheres revolving around it. You can upgrade each of your spheres with the cash you get by destroying the ennemies.

Thanks a lot!
Twin Spheres
Graphics 5/10 Good Job! I loved the design for the meteor, earth, and the background, but I didn't like the way the title or the buttons looked. Try designing them yourself.
Gameplay 7/10 I like it, but I've seen many games like this before. But I haven't seen one where you control the buttons separately! (And how you could upgrade them with cash)
Engagement 6/10 I liked how you could earn money to upgrade your spheres, but I never could upgrade my spheres because I kept dying. Again, make it less harder.
Creativity 8/10 I liked it, but maybe design the spheres to be something else (Satellites, Moons, etc.)
Instructions 4/10 A little unclear, and I don't know how cash upgrades the spheres (Do you click something, or is it automatic…)
Animations/Transitions 7/10 Not really a lot, but try making it so that you can move while you jump
Overall Score 65/100 Amazing job! Fix some graphics and make it less hard and clearer, and this could get front paged!
Nice! I like your Reviewing!

smartzx
Scratcher
100+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

smartzx wrote:

ProLabs wrote:

Thanks a lot!
Twin Spheres
Nice! I like your Reviewing!
Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can find an ACTIVE Big Brother AUDITION studio? Pweeez tell me. (I'm also find with the Amazing Race, but not Survivor)
tycool1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey are you guys still hiring? Because if so I would love to join!

I hope that whatever I said helped!!

Are you looking for a different kind of game? Click Here!!

Don't forget to try out my curated project that I am trying to achieve 5000 views on: Click Here!!
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

tycool1 wrote:

Hey are you guys still hiring? Because if so I would love to join!
Sure. Check out some of our other Reviews to see how we do it.

Flaming_Cat
Scratcher
16 posts

Username: Flaming_Cat
Name Of Project: Pages
Link:https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/236570316/
Review:Medium
Description:Writing
Harshness:Idk
Other Notes:NONE
say [Thanks!] for (2) secs
(BTW this project beta I could add much more but im very lazy
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

Flaming_Cat wrote:

Username: Flaming_Cat
Name Of Project: Pages
Link:https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/236570316/
Review:Medium
Description:Writing
Harshness:Idk
Other Notes:NONE
say [Thanks!] for (2) secs
(BTW this project beta I could add much more but im very lazy
Taken! I'll have it done in around INSTANTLY, maybe less.

Last edited by ScratchNY (Aug. 18, 2018 21:55:38)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]