Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs!

dude341 wrote:

Oh yeah, also if you could review:
Username: dude341
Name of the project: Gobo Gets Phished in 2018
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/196465729/
What kind of Review you want: Simple
Brief Description of the project: A project created to tell people about a new type of scam in 2018 and how to stay safe online.
Harshness: Yes, this is just a remix of the original project Gobo Gets Phished but it's the things I changed that I would like you to review. Compare with the original project if you like.
Other notes:
and
Name of the project: Video Player
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/215820441/
What kind of Review you want: Simple
Brief Description of the project: An easily remixable video player for use in any projects.
Harshness: Anyway you want
Other notes:
, that would be great, thanks!
Okay, taken. Check your profile.

Cub56Test
Scratcher
2 posts

Can I have a review please?

Username: Cub56Test
Name of the project: Prototype Platformer 5
Link: Here
What kind of Review you want: Custom review (Graphics, Gameplay, Difficulty, Engagement, Creativity)
Brief Description of the project: Challenging platformer with a variety of settings, where you use launch pads and special moves to make it to the goal.
Harshness: Not too harsh or too lenient - somewhere in between.
Other notes: It would be nice if you could give a little feedback on how some aspects of it could be improved, if you think they can be.

It would be great if this could be reviewed quickly, thanks a lot!
tycool1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Cub56Test wrote:

What kind of Review you want: Custom review (Graphics, Gameplay, Difficulty, Engagement, Creativity)
Brief Description of the project: Challenging platformer with a variety of settings, where you use launch pads and special moves to make it to the goal.
Other notes: It would be nice if you could give a little feedback on how some aspects of it could be improved, if you think they can be.

Taken!

I hope that whatever I said helped!!

Are you looking for a different kind of game? Click Here!!

Don't forget to try out my curated project that I am trying to achieve 5000 views on: Click Here!!
tycool1
Scratcher
500+ posts

tycool1 wrote:

Cub56Test wrote:

Taken!
Graphics: 5/5: The graphics are very good, nothing to complain about here.

Gameplay: 4/5: Love the addition of launchpads, I think you did some great things incorporating this. One minor complaint is that the launchpads are a bit moody. Sometimes they work just as intended, yet sometimes they don't.

Difficulty: 3/5: Launchpads only work for me half the time and learning how these work took a little bit of time for me. Ropes are very hard to get onto at first(these get easier after time) but what I would have liked to have seen is the ropes in the beginning levels to be a bit wider so they are easier to grab onto, then as you progress they get less wide.

Engagement: 2/5: Due to the difficulty of the project, it was very hard for me to keep on going since I wanted to rage quit. Like I said in the difficulty, I would have loved to have seen somethings easier at the start of the project. I would also have liked to have seen different levels of all of the launchpad's features, like sprinting and high jump, and you had to use each of it's uses to move on, so that way you know the launchpad very well and how to use it.

Creativity: 4/5: Love the backdrops and the different type of environments. I know this is a prototype, but what this project really needs is a good story that ties the backdrops together, cause right now it's just a bunch of random backdrops together(don't worry, I didn't include this as part of the score since it's just a prototype).

Overall: Very promising looking prototype, but needs work on difficulty progression and needs a story, as well as some work on launchpads to make them more consistent.

Last edited by tycool1 (Sept. 2, 2018 20:12:25)

Don't forget to try out my curated project that I am trying to achieve 5000 views on: Click Here!!
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

<((bu) + (mp)) = (bump)>
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

tycool1 wrote:

tycool1 wrote:

Cub56Test wrote:

Taken!
Graphics: 10/10: The graphics are very good, nothing to complain about here.

Gameplay: 8/10: Love the addition of launchpads, I think you did some great things incorporating this. One minor complaint is that the launchpads are a bit moody. Sometimes they work just as intended, yet sometimes they don't.

Difficulty: 6/10: Launchpads only work for me half the time and learning how these work took a little bit of time for me. Ropes are very hard to get onto at first(these get easier after time) but what I would have liked to have seen is the ropes in the beginning levels to be a bit wider so they are easier to grab onto, then as you progress they get less wide.

Engagement: 4/10: Due to the difficulty of the project, it was very hard for me to keep on going since I wanted to rage quit. Like I said in the difficulty, I would have loved to have seen somethings easier at the start of the project. I would also have liked to have seen different levels of all of the launchpad's features, like sprinting and high jump, and you had to use each of it's uses to move on, so that way you know the launchpad very well and how to use it.

Creativity: 8/10: Love the backdrops and the different type of environments. I know this is a prototype, but what this project really needs is a good story that ties the backdrops together, cause right now it's just a bunch of random backdrops together(don't worry, I didn't include this as part of the score since it's just a prototype).

Overall:72/100: Very promising looking prototype, but needs work on difficulty progression and needs a story, as well as some work on launchpads to make them more consistent.
Nice job on the Review! I love how descriptive it is! Notify the customer on their profile if you haven't already.
(btw scores are always out of 10 and overall is out of 100)(I updated your post.)

Last edited by AfraidRacer (Sept. 3, 2018 07:59:18)

Cub56Test
Scratcher
2 posts

I'm on mobile so won't quote, but thanks for the review, it was very informative.
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

dude341 wrote:

Name of the project: Mario Maker Test
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/244183269/
What kind of Review you want: Short Review, it's not an animation but it's still a work in progress so I thought this type of review would be the best, please still give a bug report.
Brief Description of the project: A simple work in progress of a Mario Maker game.
Harshness: You can write the review how you want to do it, I want to improve my project to make it an actual Mario Maker game so say anything you want!
Other notes:
Graphics 6/10 Really can be improved. There's just a single block and Mario is really pixelated and has too less frames.

SoundGameplay 4/10 Come on dude(341) you can do better! Look up some platformer engines. And have the abilty to place blocks. I can reccomend a lot of platformer engines like @amylaser's or @-Rocket-'s.

Creativity 6/10 I mean, the concept is good but you can do better! I want to see the final product as really cool Mario Maker game.

Bugs/Glitches 3/10 Yeah, I don't think Mario should fly…….(unlimited jumping)

Animations/Transitions 4/10 Get a better Mario sprite if possible and add a title screen.

Overall Score 46/100 Concept is great but I understand it's a prototype. I hope the final game is great! Good luck!

dude341
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

dude341 wrote:

Name of the project: Mario Maker Test
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/244183269/
What kind of Review you want: Short Review, it's not an animation but it's still a work in progress so I thought this type of review would be the best, please still give a bug report.
Brief Description of the project: A simple work in progress of a Mario Maker game.
Harshness: You can write the review how you want to do it, I want to improve my project to make it an actual Mario Maker game so say anything you want!
Other notes:
Graphics 6/10 Really can be improved. There's just a single block and Mario is really pixelated and has too less frames.

SoundGameplay 4/10 Come on dude(341) you can do better! Look up some platformer engines. And have the abilty to place blocks. I can reccomend a lot of platformer engines like @amylaser's or @-Rocket-'s.

Creativity 6/10 I mean, the concept is good but you can do better! I want to see the final product as really cool Mario Maker game.

Bugs/Glitches 3/10 Yeah, I don't think Mario should fly…….(unlimited jumping)

Animations/Transitions 4/10 Get a better Mario sprite if possible and add a title screen.

Overall Score 46/100 Concept is great but I understand it's a prototype. I hope the final game is great! Good luck!
1. Of course if I actually made a full game it would have more than one type of block, as well as scrolling and a title screen and stuff. It's a proof of concept. The Mario sprite is supposed to be pixelated because it's from the first New Super Mario Bros game.
2. I was planning on using griffpatch's platforming engine but I didn't have enough time and I wanted to do it myself. I was also planning on letting you place blocks but I remembered you can't click on sprites with a costume that is invisible and I didn't have enough time to program it again.
3. Again, it's a proof of concept.
4. I thought about that but I decided to keep it just for this prototype as a debug feature.
5. See number 1

I'm not complaining though, thanks for the review!
I will plan on adding a non-pixelated Mario sprite (the one from Mario Maker).

Placeholder
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

Username:@AfraidRacer
Name of the project: Astro Adventures Asteroid Attack
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/240796364/
What kind of Review you want: Comprehensive
Brief Description of the project: A shooter
Harshness: 7/10
Other notes: Please don't put the final review now, I will make changes according to suggestions by you.
Taken! It'll be done in around an hour.
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

ScratchNY wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

Other notes: Please don't put the final review now, I will make changes according to suggestions by you.
Nevermind, can't be done because of personal reasons. Sorry
AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchNY wrote:

ScratchNY wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

It's okay!

secret bump

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

tycool1
Scratcher
500+ posts

AfraidRacer wrote:

ScratchNY wrote:

ScratchNY wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

It's okay!

secret bump
I can review this when I get home from school. And what do you mean by not doing the final review? Do you want just some suggestions?

AfraidRacer
Scratcher
100+ posts

tycool1 wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

ScratchNY wrote:

ScratchNY wrote:

AfraidRacer wrote:

It's okay!

secret bump
I can review this when I get home from school. And what do you mean by not doing the final review? Do you want just some suggestions?
Okay, leave it. I don't want a Review.

light_cloud
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: Light_Cloud
Name of the project: - Physics | a Game -
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/245175899/
What kind of Review you want: Comprehensive Review
Brief Description of the project
Physics is a fast pace game developed by me a few days ago
Harshness: 0-7/10
Other notes: nope

Last edited by light_cloud (Sept. 10, 2018 22:30:28)

My Profile | My Projects | Underrated Scratcher

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration | Forum | Studio | Github

See If Im Online | Been Scratching for 5+ years | “I'm ready. I'm ready.” - Sponge Bob
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

light_cloud wrote:

Taken! I'll have it done soon.
ScratchNY
Scratcher
93 posts

light_cloud wrote:

Graphics 7/10 Pretty good graphics, although the color intensity doesn't really go well. For example, when selecting a character, you can barely see the text below the character
Gameplay 8/10 Pretty good concept
Difficulty 6/10 In the middle, it's a bit laggy which makes it hard, but the controls are easy to learn
Engagement 7/10 I got a bit bored about 3 minutes after playing
Sound 5/10 OK, you could use sounds from the internet though
Creativity 5/10 A bit common to see, but it's ok
Instructions 9/10 Very easy to learn
Storyline N/A
Bugs/Glitches 7/10 I don't know if the character going through platforms while smashing but it's still playable nonetheless
Animation/Transitions 8/10 Pretty smooth
Overall 72/100 Pretty good, there's definitely room for improvement though. You can always request another review if you are unhappy with this one. Have a nice day!
light_cloud
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchNY wrote:

light_cloud wrote:

Graphics 7/10 Pretty good graphics, although the color intensity doesn't really go well. For example, when selecting a character, you can barely see the text below the character
Gameplay 8/10 Pretty good concept
Difficulty 6/10 In the middle, it's a bit laggy which makes it hard, but the controls are easy to learn
Engagement 7/10 I got a bit bored about 3 minutes after playing
Sound 5/10 OK, you could use sounds from the internet though
Creativity 5/10 A bit common to see, but it's ok
Instructions 9/10 Very easy to learn
Storyline N/A
Bugs/Glitches 7/10 I don't know if the character going through platforms while smashing but it's still playable nonetheless
Animation/Transitions 8/10 Pretty smooth
Overall 72/100 Pretty good, there's definitely room for improvement though. You can always request another review if you are unhappy with this one. Have a nice day!
Thx I will defiantly be back some other day

My Profile | My Projects | Underrated Scratcher

HALO: O.D.S.T. Assault Collaboration | Forum | Studio | Github

See If Im Online | Been Scratching for 5+ years | “I'm ready. I'm ready.” - Sponge Bob
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ★sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ ɴᴇᴛᴡᴏʀᴋ!★ ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴏᴘ ғᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴇᴅs! [RSS Feed]