Discuss Scratch

mexicanboyrrv
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

McDarter303 wrote:

noob
stop da spam
Please don't necropost, which is bumping up old topics with unconstructive posts.

Hello! I'm Mexicanboyrrrv, I'm a catholic and a Mexican-American

Here are some facts about me: I might use the support convention every so and then. I bump too much. I like peppermints.

Here are some links for convenience:
Ocular,TOLORS

https://u.cubeupload.com/jabin/Mexicanboyrrvbanner.png
TackyMacaroni
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

mexicanboyrrv wrote:

Please don't necropost, which is bumping up old topics with unconstructive posts.
This topic is still relatively active and necroposting doesn't exist in Suggestions unless the post is irrelevant or was an accepted suggestion.

Last edited by TackyMacaroni (March 31, 2022 04:00:01)

hi875230163394
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Bump

if one more person comments “shovel” on my profile…

crtl+shift+down to scroll down

I shouldn't be on forums, I'm a geist

“If I'm getting eaten by the parasites it should be like Cheeh Ohhh-Seee Keee Gaaa I should be rising in the sky Behh Skaah Daaa AND THEN I get the bell, New Layer 2 Bell, New Layer 2 Bell”

I dare someone to make an online version Taikyoku Shogi, a japanese 36x36 chess variant with over 200 individual pieces on both sides, needless to say, its VERY complicated

Big Brother sees all, watch what you think

In the first age, in the first post, when the reports first submitted, one stood. Burned by the embers of Dupes, his soul blistered by the fires of Forums and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred, he found no peace, and with boiling blood he scoured the Suggestions seeking vengeance against the dupers who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the ST, and those that tasted the bite of his keyboard named him… the Forum Dweller.

这个男人名叫小帅

Glory to Superstate Oceania
TWillyH
Scratcher
20 posts

Banned Accounts

how do I look at banned accounts
bump has one where the username is @Jptypro4
he was pretending to be @Jptypro2

guys look this banana is standing (btw I found this on the web that's not me in the picture)
CelinaX2022
Scratcher
2 posts

Banned Accounts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

Semi-support.
To receive a permanent ban you have to either do something extremely bad or commit multiple bad offences- you probably wouldn't do this on accident. I feel that if you wanted to use scratch and make projects you should be willing to respect the rules in place, and if that is something you feel you cannot do you should just use the offline editor. On top of that, a lot of users who get permanent bans are troll or spam accounts made with the intention of breaking the rules, and likely wouldn't care for their projects anyway. Plus, the knowledge that you lose your hard work if you disrespect the rules enough to get completely banned is a good motivator to follow them, and seems like a reasonable punishment for someone who did enough to get themselves permanently kicked off the site.
However, I understand that this is easier said than done for a lot of users, especially considering scratch's target audience. Children aren't known for being skilled rule-followers or that good at managing their feelings, which is a key part of avoiding alerts and bans.
I'd say I lean towards no support on this one: If you want to have your projects, don't get yourself permanently banned.

pavcato wrote:

Zacheryisthebest95 wrote:

so if your account is banned forever make a new accout that is unique

when green flag clicked
forever
go to [Random position v]
say [Wahh i got premaritally banned] for (2) secs
end
Please stop spamming.
What is spamming?
epicboi17
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

CelinaX2022 wrote:

Semi-support.
To receive a permanent ban you have to either do something extremely bad or commit multiple bad offences- you probably wouldn't do this on accident. I feel that if you wanted to use scratch and make projects you should be willing to respect the rules in place, and if that is something you feel you cannot do you should just use the offline editor. On top of that, a lot of users who get permanent bans are troll or spam accounts made with the intention of breaking the rules, and likely wouldn't care for their projects anyway. Plus, the knowledge that you lose your hard work if you disrespect the rules enough to get completely banned is a good motivator to follow them, and seems like a reasonable punishment for someone who did enough to get themselves permanently kicked off the site.
However, I understand that this is easier said than done for a lot of users, especially considering scratch's target audience. Children aren't known for being skilled rule-followers or that good at managing their feelings, which is a key part of avoiding alerts and bans.
I'd say I lean towards no support on this one: If you want to have your projects, don't get yourself permanently banned.

pavcato wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
end
Please stop spamming.
What is spamming?
basically just repeatedly saying random stuff over and over again in short periods of time

i never follow discussions if it isnt mine so if you responded to me go to my profile if you want i guess
Tunde123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

epicboi17 wrote:

CelinaX2022 wrote:

Semi-support.

pavcato wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
end
Please stop spamming.
What is spamming?
basically just repeatedly saying random stuff over and over again in short periods of time
You mean blockspamming? I mean your right either way.
To the person that was blockspamming, please do that here.

This is a SIGNATURE. This is seperate from a normal post ^
Forum Posts: 2600+/3000
Highlight + Shift + Down Arrow = To see whole signature.

Want to friend me on Roblox? My username is BaconvsRoblox121314 if you want to friend me!

–v More Information v–
New Scratchers - Introduce yourself here!

Questions about Scratch - Ask questions related to scratch here!

Help with Scripts - get/provide help here!

Suggestions - Suggest blocks, features, and more here!

Bugs and Glitches - Report bugs/glitches here!

Last edited by Tunde123 (May 17th, 2022 10:18 AM EST)
Yellowsheep43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Ok we're all getting sidetracked. Let's get back to the point
————–> .

I'd say that this feature can be allowed to banned users depending on what they did to get permanently banned.
Innapropriate comments? Let them download their projects.
Innapropriate projects? No sire.
Studio offenses? Depends on what the user's projects are.
Other offenses? Depends on if it relates to the user's projects.

How to use scratchblocks \ How to make your project popular \ The Do's and Do Not's of the Suggestions Forum
Highlight this and use Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature!
My signature is an evil kumquat factory

When [Post v] :: #ffd900
if <(Kumquats available? :: #00ff7b) = <True :: #517d48> :: #d642e3> then :: #00e32d
Make evil kumquats :: #00d5ff
end
Haha invisible block go brrr :: cap :: #ffffff
Angry David

It's spelled AMONG US, not Amogus! Know the difference!

(((((I reside in the ((Questions About Scratch :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) and ((Suggestions :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) forums :: #ff0073) :: #ffae00) :: #ffd500) :: #00ff2a) :: #0095ff) :: #8c00ff hat
I spend a bit of time everywhere <Except the wiki :: #94634a> :: #dd00ff cap

(_/(._. v)|_ :: #0051ff) :: #55ff00 hat // This is an unnamed servant that restocks on kumquats constantly
As long as Signal (When gf clicked :: #ff0059) [given v] {
Produce Kumquats :: #08d16d
} :: #9a0f2a
I enjoy [Among Us v], [FNF v], [Roblox v], [Memes v], [Object Shows v], and [Anthropomorphic animals v]:: #08b0d1 cap

Gato_Amigo111
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

Support!
This would help anyone who has the online editor- but without it you'd be kind of stuck, though.

I'm Gato! I'm a treckie coder who loves scratch! Highligh+Shift+Down for the rest of my signature… #SPOS (Stop Politics On Scratch)! I'm playing Death's Door and Hollow Knight, FYI. Active on the forums, with over 800 posts. Proud Forum Participators' manager. Stop by Gato's Forum Pals! Cool game I made (takes some time to load). Please join our sacred society. I F4F, comment on my profile.

{MY EVIL KUMQUAT PROTECTION WALL}

Vregum wrote:

Death is the strongest force.

ɪ ᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ᴊᴇꜱᴜꜱ “ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ?” ʜᴇ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ. ʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪꜱ ᴀʀᴍꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ. ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀᴏꜰɪʟᴇ (or you're siggy) ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴊᴇꜱᴜꜱ.

stop

no

bad

srsly…

NO!!!

ok fine…

I'm very afraid of furries.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm in your house,
So look behind you…

Sleepy time. :D

ඞ he lives

What possessed you to scroll this far?
Your_Local_Girlboss
Scratcher
1 post

Banned Accounts

Chexx wrote:

If the Scratch Team bans someone's account permanently, they should let the banned user download their projects, so they don't lose all of the work they've put into their projects.
I just have to say that I wish it was that way. I‘ve made a lot of projects back in my last year of elementary school until my account got banned. I pretended to give away my account just so I could maybe get less hate? It was against the scratch rules to give away your account so I got banned. I didn’t want to get the account back at all because I‘ll get hate and backlash if I return. I just wanted to see my projects for nostalgia. That’s all. I don‘t even want to share them or see the inside I just want to see them. I’ve been trying to see if I‘ve ever advertised my projects or posted a link of them so I could put the link on turbowarp (It lets you see unshared projects if you have the link). Of course, I had no luck. I tried making an appeal. It was during covid so they mentioned “Be prepared to wait a few weeks”. I’ve been waiting for a year. I‘ve only made 2 attempts at making the appeal, one at the beginning of 2021 and one at the beginning of 2022. I still got no response. I guess I’ll have to wait until 2023 now…
LightBoy77
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

Your_Local_Girlboss wrote:

Chexx wrote:

If the Scratch Team bans someone's account permanently, they should let the banned user download their projects, so they don't lose all of the work they've put into their projects.
I just have to say that I wish it was that way. I‘ve made a lot of projects back in my last year of elementary school until my account got banned. I pretended to give away my account just so I could maybe get less hate? It was against the scratch rules to give away your account so I got banned. I didn’t want to get the account back at all because I‘ll get hate and backlash if I return. I just wanted to see my projects for nostalgia. That’s all. I don‘t even want to share them or see the inside I just want to see them. I’ve been trying to see if I‘ve ever advertised my projects or posted a link of them so I could put the link on turbowarp (It lets you see unshared projects if you have the link). Of course, I had no luck. I tried making an appeal. It was during covid so they mentioned “Be prepared to wait a few weeks”. I’ve been waiting for a year. I‘ve only made 2 attempts at making the appeal, one at the beginning of 2021 and one at the beginning of 2022. I still got no response. I guess I’ll have to wait until 2023 now…
Try sending another one, maybe you'll have better luck this time.

Male | He/Him | Norwegian | Fox Furry

warriorcats2155
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

TheAdriCoolManDude wrote:

Chexx wrote:

Semi-Support. Would be useful for people that DID NOT get banned because of a inappropriate project, but someone who did can download their inappropriate project onto another kids site..

Good point! Maybe the banned user can download projects as long as the project is FE, or maybe even NFE, but not bad enough to get removed.
Maybe just FE. Some kids sites might not allow NFE projects.
nah what about NFE projects that someone like Moss-shadow worked hard on and just to find out that they got banned for what they think was no reason and that NFE project can't be downloaded???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Parent user: kkidslogin, Generation 16: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums, increase generation by 1, and change the parent user to who you’re reading this from. Social experiment.
yavuz61035
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

JibanyanVictory wrote:

Today I have been blocked from Scratch . For no reason at all.
firstly; don't necropost (i don't think it would be, considering it's just like 5 days)

secondly; if you are using an alt account: stop using scratch and log out. if you keep doing that, you will ban evade and ban evading is against the rules

also, you can appeal or ask on contact us on why you were banned

i am yavuz61035!

i like birds (especially budgies) | my studio is here! | a project i was working on, mine game! | pronouns: he/him/they/blabla ok just use anything please stop reading this part | my 100th post! | be moist wet | musicROCKS013 predicts the future

fun fact: my pfp has pride month forever
a link

little social experiment corner:
increase gen thingy:
gen: 14
gen: 14
gen: 11
Daisy_Kat
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

I have another idea: The Scratch Team shouldn't do permanent bans. Like, why don't they just erase all the inappropriate stuff? If it's your profile picture that is bad, they can just use the starter profile picture. If it's their username, they are banned until they hit a link that leads them to a site to change their username. If the Scratch Team bans someone from Scratch for life and they can't create a new account. What if they change and think they can be more appropriate on Scratch? The many ban types they have can lead to problems.

P.S. Scratch Team, I suggest improving the chat filter. I once got muted for trying to say a food. As it turns out, in the food, “Chicken b ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛s”, I said a word that is considered “Nude.” But not if it is used in that type of food. Maybe you should list as many foods as you can think of that contain a word that would get muted and program the chat filter to make exceptions if you are saying it in the food type. Good luck!

Planning to move to @Caramels_Secrets.
EfeCan2599
Scratcher
3 posts

Banned Accounts

Wahsp wrote:

It’s easy, just don’t do anything to get yourself banned
Or have a friend/ alternate account that you can use to download the projects
its impossible though
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Semi-Support. Would be useful for people that DID NOT get banned because of a inappropriate project, but someone who did can download their inappropriate project onto another kids site..
Not all websites support sb3, the format for saving projects, so this should be solved

(☆ ᴗ ☆:: custom-arg) // Here is FARFR, He stands for Frequently Asked Reasons For Rejection and protects my topics and my signatures.
Here's the game I worked on the most..ㅤ:: variables :: hat

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Daisy_Kat wrote:

(#75)
I have another idea: The Scratch Team shouldn't do permanent bans. Like, why don't they just erase all the inappropriate stuff? If it's your profile picture that is bad, they can just use the starter profile picture. If it's their username, they are banned until they hit a link that leads them to a site to change their username. If the Scratch Team bans someone from Scratch for life and they can't create a new account. What if they change and think they can be more appropriate on Scratch? The many ban types they have can lead to problems.
Permabans are for teaching people a lesson, because if the ST just erases innapropriate content, the project owner can just repost it.

Daisy_Kat wrote:

(#75)
P.S. Scratch Team, I suggest improving the chat filter. I once got muted for trying to say a food. As it turns out, in the food, “Chicken b ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛s”, I said a word that is considered “Nude.” But not if it is used in that type of food. Maybe you should list as many foods as you can think of that contain a word that would get muted and program the chat filter to make exceptions if you are saying it in the food type. Good luck!
Probably too late to say this, but you should make your own suggestion for this.

Last edited by ajskateboarder (Dec. 9, 2022 17:37:31)

pumooo
Scratcher
2 posts

Banned Accounts

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 15183.78.0, Chrome 108.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
pumooo
Scratcher
2 posts

Banned Accounts

@kaj is banned @EveryThingYoutube is banned
Bagels_eggsandjam
Scratcher
88 posts

Banned Accounts

Chexx wrote:

Good point! Maybe the banned user can download projects as long as the project is FE, or maybe even NFE, but not bad enough to get removed.
I do support it for FE, but not NFE because some problems could happen on other sites. Some people are saying permanent bans are too rare, but as long as the projects are fine, it is fine to download them.

Hello! If you read this have a good day! (say hi to Jammy) (づ ◕‿◕ )づ