Discuss Scratch

LightBoy77
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

TheAdriCoolManDude wrote:

Chexx wrote:

Semi-Support. Would be useful for people that DID NOT get banned because of a inappropriate project, but someone who did can download their inappropriate project onto another kids site..

Good point! Maybe the banned user can download projects as long as the project is FE, or maybe even NFE, but not bad enough to get removed.
Maybe just FE. Some kids sites might not allow NFE projects.
There are kids sites stricter than Scratch? I thought that was impossible.

Male | He/Him | Norwegian | Fox Furry

CoolBoy4286
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

scratchering_coder wrote:

(#40)

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

Support as long as they are not allowed to download inappropriate projects made by them (if any).
How is scratch supposed to know that because if a user did 100 projects and 1 of them inappropriate how will scratch team know, scratch team can't check all the project only to see if its appropriate.
If someone got banned for posting inappropriate projects, then scratch team will already know which projects to take down.

01001110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101110 01101110 01100001 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110101 01110000 if you translate this,

TopCode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

_nix wrote:

Chexx wrote:

Semi-Support. Would be useful for people that DID NOT get banned because of a inappropriate project, but someone who did can download their inappropriate project onto another kids site..
Good point! Maybe the banned user can download projects as long as the project is FE, or maybe even NFE, but not bad enough to get removed.
I'm thinking the inappropriate project would probably be deleted by the ST altogether, so it wouldn't be in the user's project list. And since it wouldn't be in that list, the user wouldn't be able to download it – but all the projects that weren't inappropriate would still be there to be downloaded.
nope, they just just “unshared”

The following is my signature:
MAKE PROJECTS REMOVED BY THE ST UNVIEWABLE PLEASE LIKE NOW
Once upon a time, CatBlocks were brought into the world of Scratch. They became quite dear to us, and were close to our hearts. But then, an evil kumquat ate them. We will always keep them in our hearts, and we promise to remember them forever.

Proud king of 500th page of minecraft topic
that sounds so cringe

PhoenixSC wrote:

No amount of rest can pass this night
scratchering_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

TopCode wrote:

_nix wrote:

Chexx wrote:

I'm thinking the inappropriate project would probably be deleted by the ST altogether, so it wouldn't be in the user's project list. And since it wouldn't be in that list, the user wouldn't be able to download it – but all the projects that weren't inappropriate would still be there to be downloaded.
nope, they just just “unshared”
Yes
scratchering_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

(#40)

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

Support as long as they are not allowed to download inappropriate projects made by them (if any).
How is scratch supposed to know that because if a user did 100 projects and 1 of them inappropriate how will scratch team know, scratch team can't check all the project only to see if its appropriate.
If someone got banned for posting inappropriate projects, then scratch team will already know which projects to take down.
What about if they're unshared what will scratch team do
CoolBoy4286
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

(#40)

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

You can't unshare projects after you're banned.

01001110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101110 01101110 01100001 00100000 01100111 01101001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01110101 01110000 if you translate this,

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

(#38)
TOTALLY NO SUPPORT, if a scratcher gets banned for a inappropriate project then downloading it he can maybe reupload it to scratch because in scratch there's a load from your computer button.
I don't think you'd be able to upload it if you got banned for the project

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow, 00:00:00)
~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
ERRØR; THE NEXT BIG THING “Resolved” Button for QaS
/\ Male /\ Forumer /\ TokTik /\ Chatsnap /\
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

thanks to rl1123 for gif, and hosting it bc my braindead self couldn't do it
I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

Support. I know someone who is banned but they have a lot of stuff that they want to finish but they can't because they have no access to their stuff. This should include all of the trash, shared projects, unshared projects, as well as all of the notes and credits for the projects and everything in their backpack. As a matter of fact, you should be able to download everything even if you aren't banned.

My Website | Profile | GitHub | Click this link | I changed my logo for now I guess

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14388.61.0, Chrome 98.0.4758.107, No Flash version detected | crappy school chromebook

Perfect line separator to use in the Scratch Forums:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
scratchering_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banned Accounts

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

(#40)

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

You can't unshare projects after you're banned.
Nooooo, i mean if you make a inappropriate unshared project and never shared it.
Yellowsheep43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Wahsp wrote:

Or have a friend/ alternate account that you can use to download the projects
That would fall under ban evasion.

I think what we should do is have the user's project list available when they get banned. They are allowed to view the projects and download them, but they cannot edit them in any way, shape, or form.

How to use scratchblocks \ How to make your project popular \ The Do's and Do Not's of the Suggestions Forum
Highlight this and use Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature!
My signature is an evil kumquat factory

When [Post v] :: #ffd900
if <(Kumquats available? :: #00ff7b) = <True :: #517d48> :: #d642e3> then :: #00e32d
Make evil kumquats :: #00d5ff
end
Haha invisible block go brrr :: cap :: #ffffff
Angry David

It's spelled AMONG US, not Amogus! Know the difference!

(((((I reside in the ((Questions About Scratch :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) and ((Suggestions :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) forums :: #ff0073) :: #ffae00) :: #ffd500) :: #00ff2a) :: #0095ff) :: #8c00ff hat
I spend a bit of time everywhere <Except the wiki :: #94634a> :: #dd00ff cap

(_/(._. v)|_ :: #0051ff) :: #55ff00 hat // This is an unnamed servant that restocks on kumquats constantly
As long as Signal (When gf clicked :: #ff0059) [given v] {
Produce Kumquats :: #08d16d
} :: #9a0f2a
I enjoy [Among Us v], [FNF v], [Roblox v], [Memes v], [Object Shows v], and [Anthropomorphic animals v]:: #08b0d1 cap

T0RRENT_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

Yellowsheep43 wrote:

Wahsp wrote:

Or have a friend/ alternate account that you can use to download the projects
That would fall under ban evasion.

I think what we should do is have the user's project list available when they get banned. They are allowed to view the projects and download them, but they cannot edit them in any way, shape, or form.
And downloading the instructions and notes and credits off all your projects and downloading your backpack and everything in your trash and unshared/shared projects

My Website | Profile | GitHub | Click this link | I changed my logo for now I guess

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14388.61.0, Chrome 98.0.4758.107, No Flash version detected | crappy school chromebook

Perfect line separator to use in the Scratch Forums:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yellowsheep43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

This post was eaten by an Evil Papaya

Last edited by Yellowsheep43 (Feb. 10, 2022 15:39:54)

How to use scratchblocks \ How to make your project popular \ The Do's and Do Not's of the Suggestions Forum
Highlight this and use Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature!
My signature is an evil kumquat factory

When [Post v] :: #ffd900
if <(Kumquats available? :: #00ff7b) = <True :: #517d48> :: #d642e3> then :: #00e32d
Make evil kumquats :: #00d5ff
end
Haha invisible block go brrr :: cap :: #ffffff
Angry David

It's spelled AMONG US, not Amogus! Know the difference!

(((((I reside in the ((Questions About Scratch :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) and ((Suggestions :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) forums :: #ff0073) :: #ffae00) :: #ffd500) :: #00ff2a) :: #0095ff) :: #8c00ff hat
I spend a bit of time everywhere <Except the wiki :: #94634a> :: #dd00ff cap

(_/(._. v)|_ :: #0051ff) :: #55ff00 hat // This is an unnamed servant that restocks on kumquats constantly
As long as Signal (When gf clicked :: #ff0059) [given v] {
Produce Kumquats :: #08d16d
} :: #9a0f2a
I enjoy [Among Us v], [FNF v], [Roblox v], [Memes v], [Object Shows v], and [Anthropomorphic animals v]:: #08b0d1 cap

7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

I agree with sheep_maker, why would they go out of their way to do this when they have much more important things to do like updating scratch lab?

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
Myst--
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banned Accounts

Support! This makes a lot on sense. Although, getting permabanned is pretty hard….. You probably are doing something really bad to have this happening to you.

-+-+-+-ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!-+-+-+-
.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆✧。.♥⋆。˚⋆。⋆.
+*:ꔫ:*﹤(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)゚˚₊⋆· ͟͟͞͞➳❥
.༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻.
-+-+-ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴅᴀʏ!-+-+-
qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

qloakonscratch wrote:

If you're banned permanently, you aren't allowed back on the Scratch Website, so there's no purpose on having them.
I want to bring this back up, because not much discussion was made around it. What do you use this for? Reuploading it to the Scratch Website? That's ban evasion. If it's an accidental ban, which I doubt for a permanent ban, appeal your case with good evidence. Maybe ask your parent/guardian or your teacher.

Now Showing: CCRP V
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33864948/

Coding on Scratch since 2013

Foruming since 2016

In the Forum Helpers since 2022
TheElementGuy
Scratcher
67 posts

Banned Accounts

Support. But only if they download FE projects.

Scratchania (Sovereign Nation)

Leader/President: TheElementGuy
dave-alt-4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

qloakonscratch wrote:

(#55)

qloakonscratch wrote:

If you're banned permanently, you aren't allowed back on the Scratch Website, so there's no purpose on having them.
I want to bring this back up, because not much discussion was made around it. What do you use this for? Reuploading it to the Scratch Website? That's ban evasion. If it's an accidental ban, which I doubt for a permanent ban, appeal your case with good evidence. Maybe ask your parent/guardian or your teacher.
scratch offline editor and to show to friends. ST allows inappropriate project (but not illegal) projects as long as they're unshared , i know a lot of people (including me) that shares turbowarp link or .sb3 file.

TheElementGuy wrote:

(#56)
Support. But only if they download FE projects.
what exactly would that help with?

guide to make good projects <3

Think! Is saying if you support a suggestion necessary? No! People can just tell by your constructive post after it. You have more freedom on your tone!
Forumers, especially new, may also get upset if you say “no support!!!” at them! They may take the whole post in a negative tone, and that makes them upset!
Instead, you can kindly say why their suggestion has cons. They will take it as “constructive criticism” and be happy. - dertermenter

Elijah_posh2
Scratcher
7 posts

Banned Accounts

CoolBoy4286 wrote:

the scratch team will know which one is inappropriate, because if someone reports it
sharkode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Banned Accounts

Chexx wrote:

I'd say all projects should be downloadable, because you aren't sharing the projects onto Scratch anymore

>>>This suggestion could end reduce mass reporting.<<<
=======================================================================================
Common forum languages (highlight this text and click shift+down arrow for more):
  • Support - Means someone supports a suggestion, make sure to say the reason when you are supporting a suggestion.
  • No support - Means someone don't support a suggestion, while it may sound a little mean, it's actually not as not everybody have to support the suggestion you purposed.
  • Bump - Bumping is a method of bringing a topic back to the front page.
  • Necroposting - Means bringing an old, dead, topic that nobody cares about back to life, necroposting comes from the greek word “nekros” meaning “corpse”, necroposting is prohibited as it wastes front page space.
  • Ocular - A website that allows you to search forum posts.
  • Dupe/duplicate - Posts that suggests the same thing, it's a good idea to use Ocular.
  • ST - Is short for Scratch Team, the moderators on this site.
  • ToS - Is short for Terms of Use, a bunch of legal jargon and stuffs like that.
  • TOLoRS - Is short for The Official List of Rejected Suggestions, it's always a good idea to read it before making a suggestion.
  • Kaj - A user who threatened to hack Scratch, he later became a legend and people often joked about him hacking posts.
McDarter303
Scratcher
34 posts

Banned Accounts

noob
stop da spam

Its me! McDarter303
I am a meme coder and I am very dedicated to my work
Thats what he said
I AM A GOOD CODER, YES I FOLLOW MORE THAN 5 THOUSAND PEOPLE BUT DOES EVERYONE WHO DOES F4F FOLLOW MORE THAN 5 THOUSAND PEOPLE? NO!! I AM A DEDICATED MAN BECAUSE I AM CONSIDERED A POPULAR PERSON!
you got that ?
IF NO THEN GO SOMEWHERE ELSE
ur mum should go somewhere else I am just a fellow scratcher none the less