Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ˜”*°•. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴄᴏʀᴘ. ~ ʀᴇʟɪᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ & Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ | ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇʀs ˜”*°• [RSS Feed]
sippingcider
Scratcher
500+ posts

˜”*°•. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴄᴏʀᴘ. ~ ʀᴇʟɪᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ & Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ | ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇʀs ˜”*°•

BlackWolfee wrote:

I would like to take this order too. Also do the short stories take place before or after the Race War?
Ideally some take place before and some take place after, so pick whichever sounds more interesting to you
blossombreeze
Scratcher
500+ posts

˜”*°•. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴄᴏʀᴘ. ~ ʀᴇʟɪᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ & Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ | ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇʀs ˜”*°•

Alright, this story is ready for editing:

The First Unicorn

Once upon a time, just after the Power Wars ended, a young human girl named Elieba lived beside the sea with her family. Elieba loved the sea, and would go out to swim every day.
Now it happened that one of the very last Lar’Ran lived in that very part of the sea. The Lar’Ran watched the little girl with growing curiosity and affection as Elieba explored the tide pools and raced the waves.
Then, one day, a terrible storm swept across the shoreline, destroying everything in its path, including Elieba’s house, and swept her family away.
Unsure of the fate of her family, Elieba cried out to the sea for help, begging the waves to grant her a way to search for her family. Her cry was heard by the Lar’Ran, who took pity on her.
The Lar’Ran found a seahorse at the bottom of the sea and thought, I will give it hooves that are fast and strong, to carry Elieba along her path. And so the seahorse grew swift, powerful legs and strong lungs.
Then the Lar’Ran thought, I will also give it wings, to allow her to search for her family from the air. So it gave the horse beautiful white wings that could fly for days.
Then it thought, Now I will give it a horn to protect her from danger. And so a beautiful horn, sparkling with color, grew out of the horse’s forehead.
Finally, the Lar’Ran brought its gift to the shoreline where it left the creature for Elieba to find.
Elieba was overjoyed when she saw it, and decided to call the creature a unicorn. Then, she climbed up onto the unicorn’s back and turned to the sea on last time.
“Thank you, good sea, for this amazing gift. I know it will help me find my family, and I will always be grateful for it.” She said.
And so the little girl flew off to find her family. The kindly Lar’Ran never saw her again, but it never forgot her, and she never forgot the strange and wonderful gift that the sea had given her.
The End.

Last edited by blossombreeze (Sept. 8, 2018 17:31:30)

“If your work still isn't done, blame the computer”- Fortune cookie “When in doubt blow it up” -Hawkeye
I followed both of these pieces of great advice and blew up my computer
define Goodness
forever

move (In Jesus's) steps

end
sippingcider
Scratcher
500+ posts

blossombreeze wrote:

The First Unicorn

Once upon a time, just after the Power Wars ended, a young human girl named Elieba lived beside the sea with her family. Elieba loved the sea, and would go out to swim every day.
Now it happened that one of the very last Lar’Ran lived in that very part of the sea. The Lar’Ran watched the little girl with growing curiosity and affection as Elieba explored the tide pools and raced the waves.
Then, one day, a terrible storm swept across the shoreline, destroying everything in its path, including Elieba’s house, and swept her family away.
Unsure of the fate of her family, Elieba cried out to the sea for help, begging the waves to grant her a way to search for her family. Her cry was heard by the Lar’Ran, who took pity on her.
The Lar’Ran found a seahorse at the bottom of the sea and thought, I will give it hooves that are fast and strong, to carry Elieba along her path. And so the seahorse grew swift, powerful lungs and strong lungs.
Then the Lar’Ran thought, I will also give it wings, to allow her to search for her family from the air. So it gave the horse beautiful white wings that could fly for days.
Then it thought, Now I will give it a horn to protect her from danger. And so a beautiful horn, sparkling with color, grew out of the horse’s forehead.
Finally, the Lar’Ran brought its gift to the shoreline where it left the creature for Elieba to find.
Elieba was overjoyed when she saw it, and decided to call the creature a unicorn. Then, she climbed up onto the unicorn’s back and turned to the sea on last time.
“Thank you, good sea, for this amazing gift. I know it will help me find my family, and I will always be grateful for it.” She said.
And so the little girl flew off to find her family. The kindly Lar’Ran never saw her again, but it never forgot her, and she never forgot the strange and wonderful gift that the sea had given her.
The End.

Amazing Definately a great story to read at the library! One tiny possible error, should there only be one “lungs” in “the seahorse grew swift, powerful lungs and strong lungs”? Also, for the in-game library, do you want to go by any other name than blossombreeze? For example, it could look like : The First Unicorn - By BlossomBreeze the Great
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nonfiction Writing
Username: Co49
News Report or Factual Text?
Subject: This collaboration is producing an animated series. Please could you make a brief news article on it?
Due Date: Anytime before Wednesday the 12th
Other: Please make the article around 100 words. This article will hopefully be for the Scratch Record, a newspaper.
Thank you very much for your time in advance.
blossombreeze
Scratcher
500+ posts

sippingcider wrote:

blossombreeze wrote:

The First Unicorn

The Lar’Ran found a seahorse at the bottom of the sea and thought, I will give it hooves that are fast and strong, to carry Elieba along her path. And so the seahorse grew swift, powerful legs and strong lungs.
The End.

Amazing Definately a great story to read at the library! One tiny possible error, should there only be one “lungs” in “the seahorse grew swift, powerful lungs and strong lungs”? Also, for the in-game library, do you want to go by any other name than blossombreeze? For example, it could look like : The First Unicorn - By BlossomBreeze the Great

Oops, you are absolutely right, I Meant to say legs the first time. I have made that correction. Also, you may call me whatever you like in the library, it's your game I'm glad you are satisfied with this story

“If your work still isn't done, blame the computer”- Fortune cookie “When in doubt blow it up” -Hawkeye
define Goodness
forever

move (In Jesus's) steps

end
blossombreeze
Scratcher
500+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Nonfiction Writing
Subject: This collaboration is producing an animated series. Please could you make a brief news article on it?
Other: Please make the article around 100 words. This article will hopefully be for the Scratch Record, a newspaper.

I can absolutely do that. Is there any particular element you'd like me to focus on? Or perhaps you might like me to include a brief teaser for the first episode?

define Goodness
forever

move (In Jesus's) steps

end
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

blossombreeze wrote:

Co49 wrote:

Nonfiction Writing

I can absolutely do that. Is there any particular element you'd like me to focus on? Or perhaps you might like me to include a brief teaser for the first episode?
Perhaps a little on the collaboration's backstory. A brief teaser sounds great. Thank you.
blossombreeze
Scratcher
500+ posts

Co49 wrote:

blossombreeze wrote:

Co49 wrote:

Nonfiction Writing

Perhaps a little on the collaboration's backstory. A brief teaser sounds great. Thank you.

Got it, I'm on it!

define Goodness
forever

move (In Jesus's) steps

end
BlackWolfee
Scratcher
500+ posts

BlackWolfee wrote:

sippingcider wrote:

Fiction Writing
Username: sippingcider
Chapter or Short Story? very short story, almost the length of a single chapter
Plot Rundown: The plot is pretty open ended, the key is the setting. The story takes place on a medieval fantasy world called Phycia. There are pretty much all fantastical creatures that you can think of for a fantasy world (dragons, goblins, knights, ect…)
Due Date: Before October, the sooner the better.
Other: I am wanting to create a library of short stories for my text-based rpg game. Here is a link to the game if you want to learn more about the world and its history (click green flag =>choose option “Start New Game” => choose “I understand the warnings, Start Game” => read different sections about Phycia.) You do not need to name lands or characters from the history, you could have your story just take place on a generic mountain or hillside for example. Stories should not be too long, just a nice short story for a player to read while visiting the library I am wanting to get multiple short stories into the library, so you can write multiple stories and multiple people can take this order. Stories that are added will be credited in game at the library and in the notes section of the project. Thanks!
I would like to take this order too. Also do the short stories take place before or after the Race War?
I am so sorry but I must give up this order. So so so sorry, it's just it's a bad time for me because I have a lot of assignments that I must work on right now and I am finding myself stressing out from the pressure, so I can't find the time to do this. I am so sorry.

Last edited by BlackWolfee (Sept. 8, 2018 08:47:14)

13 | INFP-A | Ravenclaw | Introvert | Violist | Pianist | bookworm | writer | straight-A student | artist | nerd | science lover |
This shop is advertised courtesy of the Scratch Shop Support Union. Join today to get your shop featured!
sippingcider
Scratcher
500+ posts

BlackWolfee wrote:

I am so sorry but I must give up this order. So so so sorry, it's just it's a bad time for me because I have a lot of assignments that I must work on right now and I am finding myself stressing out from the pressure, so I can't find the time to do this. I am so sorry.

No worries, I've already got one story to use and I can keep looking for more. Good luck with all your assignments!
blossombreeze
Scratcher
500+ posts

Co49 wrote:

blossombreeze wrote:

Co49 wrote:

Nonfiction Writing

Well, it took quite a bit of scrolling, but here's what I cam up with

In an age where many collaborations are begun, but very few are ever finished, one team is going above and beyond to embody the spirit of teamwork that Scratch was built upon.
A team of Scratchers lead by pixpickle is working hard to produce the very first episode of The Fallen Elements, an exciting new animated series about a group of ordinary people who one day lose their siblings, yet gain mysterious powers.
This collaboration was born on July 26th of 2018, as a project to commemorate pixpickle’s 50th follower, with the first collaborator, CoralineLover2_0, joining the very next day. It has continued on unto this day, now boasting 9 cast members.
The collaboration had a bit of a rough start, with one forum topic being closed due to problems with excessive chatting, but the team never gave up and now they are on the verge of releasing the fruits of their labor.
Don’t miss The Fallen Elements! Coming soon!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make it better!

define Goodness
forever

move (In Jesus's) steps

end
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

blossombreeze wrote:

In an age where many collaborations are begun, but very few are ever finished, one team is going above and beyond to embody the spirit of teamwork that Scratch was built upon.
A team of Scratchers lead by pixpickle is working hard to produce the very first episode of The Fallen Elements, an exciting new animated series about a group of ordinary people who one day lose their siblings, yet gain mysterious powers.
This collaboration was born on July 26th of 2018, as a project to commemorate pixpickle’s 50th follower, with the first collaborator, CoralineLover2_0, joining the very next day. It has continued on unto this day, now boasting 9 cast members.
The collaboration had a bit of a rough start, with one forum topic being closed due to problems with excessive chatting, but the team never gave up and now they are on the verge of releasing the fruits of their labor.
Don’t miss The Fallen Elements! Coming soon!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to make it better!
That is great ! Very well written with good information. Thank you very much.
ge-b
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nonfiction Writing
Username: ge-b
Factual text: Presenting an argument
Subject:
Scratch 3.0
- how it caters more for younger audiences (say, 7 year olds)
- how younger audiences cannot sustain a good web community
- how it would be better for scratch to keep it accessible, but still with potential to make big and sophisticated projects.
Due Date: next saturday, 15th September or earlier?
Other: I can't write. Quality piece and I'll probably follow you! For the beta discussion forum. Thanks.

I am a competent human [citation needed]
Raspberryy
Scratcher
100+ posts

ge-b wrote:

Nonfiction Writing
Subject:
Scratch 3.0
- how it would be better for scratch to keep it accessible, but still with potential to make big and sophisticated projects.
Other: I can't write. Quality piece and I'll probably follow you! For the beta discussion forum. Thanks.
I could do this order but I'm in Fiction Writing XP

I've moved back to my old account, @Hahgoot . Read this to see why.
RPP-Exploration
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raspberryy wrote:

ge-b wrote:

Nonfiction Writing
Subject:
Scratch 3.0
I give you permission to do it as co owner

Raspberryy
Scratcher
100+ posts

RPP-Exploration wrote:

Raspberryy wrote:

ge-b wrote:

Nonfiction Writing
Subject:
Scratch 3.0
Yay thanks! >u<

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raspberryy wrote:

RPP-Exploration wrote:

Raspberryy wrote:

ge-b wrote:

Nonfiction Writing
Subject:
Scratch 3.0
Yay thanks! >u<
Yep, you have extra permission as well, now

Raspberryy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here it is:
Due to its large blocks, Scratch 3.0 caters more towards younger audiences. Although there are some more mature young children, the majority of them are not able to sustain a web community as well as older audiences. Older audiences may feel as if Scratch 3.0 is childish and a few of them are planning on quitting when it arrives. Scratch 3.0 has many pros and cons, and there has been both good and bad feedback. A good solution would be to keep it accessible, but still with potential to make big and sophisticated projects - that way, both younger and older Scratcher could enjoy it.

--_Nova_--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Raspberryy wrote:

Here it is:
Due to its large blocks, Scratch 3.0 caters more towards younger audiences. Although there are some more mature young children, the majority of them are not able to sustain a web community as well as older audiences. Older audiences may feel as if Scratch 3.0 is childish and a few of them are planning on quitting when it arrives. Scratch 3.0 has many pros and cons, and there has been both good and bad feedback. A good solution would be to keep it accessible, but still with potential to make big and sophisticated projects - that way, both younger and older Scratchers could enjoy it.
sorry

XCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » ˜”*°•. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀs ᴄᴏʀᴘ. ~ ʀᴇʟɪᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ & Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ | ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴏʀᴋᴇʀs ˜”*°• [RSS Feed]