Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

sonicfan4566 wrote:

• BETA scratch 3.0 is almost here
  • Genesis Sonic Engine is about to die if nothing changes
GSUE is seemingly acting… exactly the same, if not worse. Someone fix 3.0!

Last edited by hahasamian (Aug. 5, 2018 00:46:45)

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas of how Amy would play in Sonic Mania? The best idea i have is that she can do an Air Dash with her hammer, similar to Charmy.
My idea of a move for Amy is like a hammer slam or somethin' like that..

Or a double jump, either or

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Gotta Design Rush Chronicles tutorial levels for Sonic and Tails's chapter and also Kirby's Chapter.
Also put Sonic 4Ever: Rush Chronicles up on the first post pls.
Brief description:
One of the Newest Sonic Collabs, but also based on the creator's Youtube Series.
Studio:https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4597647/ (it's the hub for all Sonic 4Ever Content)
But also, I'd like to announce the new collab coming soon: Sonic: Crazy Crossover Adventure!
The Zones are:
Turqoise Hills: Tutorial Level
Dream Land Valley: Kirby-themed zone
Mt. Mushroom: Mario-themed zone
Insane Schoolhouse: Baldi's Basics themed zone (seriously I really had to do this)
Dried-Up Desert: Minecraft themed zone
Wily Castle: Mega Man Themed zone
Egg Fortress: Eggman's base
Logo:
https://u.cubeupload.com/DannyShellstar/soniccrossovercrazy.png

Last edited by Danny_Shellstar (Aug. 5, 2018 16:51:00)

sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD-IGN

I HATE IGN

Last edited by sonicfan4566 (Aug. 5, 2018 16:35:55)

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Gotta Design Rush Chronicles tutorial levels for Sonic and Tails's chapter and also Kirby's Chapter.
Brief description:
One of the Newest Sonic Collabs, but also based on the creator's Youtube Series.
Studio:https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4597647/ (it's the hub for all Sonic 4Ever Content)
But also, I'd like to announce the new collab coming soon: Sonic: Crazy Crossover Adventure!
The Zones are:
Turqoise Hills: Tutorial Level
Dream Land Valley: Kirby-themed zone
Mt. Mushroom: Mario-themed zone
Insane Schoolhouse: Baldi's Basics themed zone (seriously I really had to do this)
Dried-Up Desert: Minecraft themed zone
Wily Castle: Mega Man Themed zone
Egg Fortress: Eggman's base
Logo:
I cant seem to get the logo

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sonicfan4566 wrote:

SONIC WAS NEVER GOOD-IGN

I HATE IGN
There's a time, and a place, for discussions of that sort.
I found an IGN review for Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge where they didn't even know how B toggles a turbo mode in battles. Their major complaint was that you have to keep spamming A, when actually you can just press B and be good.
Still, Battle Chip Challenge isn't amazing or anything, and very far-flung from the original Mega Man games, but…
My point is IGN is not necessarily the most intelligent website out there.
It's also many people, not just one person, soo… yeah, you could find a lot of opinions out there.

Last edited by hahasamian (Aug. 5, 2018 16:47:43)

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Brief description:
Got it. I'll get to that.
Sonic 4Ever: Rush Chronicles: A game… based on the creator's YouTube series. I think that's right… Anyway, this is a link to the Sonic 4Ever Hub, which… I'm not sure what the difference is here between 4Ever and Rush Chronicles, but OK.

Last edited by hahasamian (Aug. 5, 2018 16:54:04)

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I dunno. I guess I'd have to play Mania to be sure, but I'd imagine Amy works in any Classic Sonic platformer. She works in 1, 2, and 3, what's so different about Mania?
But I suppose she could have an air-dash like in Advance 3 (but maybe more powerful?). No real reason she couldn't, she doesn't do anything else with the double-jump input (I'm talking about her hammer gameplay, of course).
Also, when you mentioned this in conversation with me, you seemed to be putting a lot of emphasis on speed. I know this may sound a little weird, but a Sonic game does not have to be ridiculously fast to be fun.
Also also, I thought of a Modern Amy gameplay style for games like Generations. Amy would actually have a faster Boost than Sonic, but said Boost would not act as an attack (similar to how she can't spin in Advance). Instead, you would have to properly time a moving Hammer Spin, which slows Amy down but, of course, acts as an attack. Amy would be slower than Sonic if they both boosted and Amy just kept spinning, so there would be a focus on making sure you timed it just right to go as fast as possible. That's the main concept as of now, I'm not yet sure how air moves would be handled.

Mania has a bit more emphasis on moving while platforming, as the stages are a lot bigger., why do you think Mighty's wall jump wasn't utilized?

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Sonic 4Ever: Rush Chronicles: A game… based on the creator's YouTube series. I think that's right… Anyway, this is a link to the Sonic 4Ever Hub, which… I'm not sure what the difference is here between 4Ever and Rush Chronicles, but OK.
They are the same universe. Just a game adaptation

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

They are the same universe. Just a game adaptation
Yeah, I mean like, on Scratch…

-Totally Sonic

sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

i tried my game in scratch 3.0 it just breaks the game it 10X more laggy i know it is in beta just still fix it or i am leaveing scratch
for good

when I receive [ scratch 3.0]
if <scratch 3.0 fixes all bugs > then

i will staay and have fun

else
i will only stay on the discuss page

end
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Mania has a bit more emphasis on moving while platforming, as the stages are a lot bigger., why do you think Mighty's wall jump wasn't utilized?
Well, I mean, they won't acknowledge Amy's moveset, why'd they acknowledge Mighty's?
I'm sorry
Anyway, Knux can still glide and climb still… so… I dunno, why would they drop Mighty's wall jump?
Personally, I think Amy could beat Mania as she is in… Sonic 2. Her Peel-Out would give her the ability to go, perhaps, even faster than Sonic. I think Amy can beat basically any challenge you send her way (that Sonic can beat, of course), I don't know what this whole argument is about. Maybe she'd be a bit slower at it, but I think most people aren't realizing what she's capable of.

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Well, I mean, they won't acknowledge Amy's moveset, why'd they acknowledge Mighty's?
I'm sorry
Anyway, Knux can still glide and climb still… so… I dunno, why would they drop Mighty's wall jump?
Personally, I think Amy could beat Mania as she is in… Sonic 2. Her Peel-Out would give her the ability to go, perhaps, even faster than Sonic. I think Amy can beat basically any challenge you send her way (that Sonic can beat, of course), I don't know what this whole argument is about. Maybe she'd be a bit slower at it, but I think most people aren't realizing what she's capable of.

I think the Wall Jump is klunky, besides, there's not many sections of Mania (to my knowledge) that have parallel walls. I'm not doubting Amy's hammer abilities, i'm just trying to brainstorm how Amy would work in a faster paced game, Slamming a Badnik with a hammer seems more complicated than just jumping into it.

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

I'm sorry

I think the Wall Jump is klunky, besides, there's not many sections of Mania (to my knowledge) that have parallel walls. I'm not doubting Amy's hammer abilities, i'm just trying to brainstorm how Amy would work in a faster paced game, Slamming a Badnik with a hammer seems more complicated than just jumping into it.

what about encore mode
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonicfan4566 wrote:

what about encore mode

What ABOUT Encore Mode?

sonicfan4566
New to Scratch
25 posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

what about encore mode

What ABOUT Encore Mode?
well encore mode has some………. wall jumping?
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonicfan4566 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

what about encore mode

What ABOUT Encore Mode?

If you're referring to the CPZ goo walls, those are necessary parts of the level design, not actually something you can wall jump off of generally.

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonicfan4566 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

what about encore mode

What ABOUT Encore Mode?
well do that in 0.5 a presses

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

sonicfan4566 wrote:

what about encore mode

What ABOUT Encore Mode?
well do that in 0.5 a presses

An a press is an a press, it can't be half

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

I'm sorry

Granted.
But that's what makes Amy fun, you see! You have to think differently, or perhaps it's simply that you actually have to think!
She doesn't need to be as easy as all the other characters. As long as you can beat the level, she's doing her job!

-Totally Sonic