Discuss Scratch

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

I still need help on programming my game for Sonic 4Ever (the project name is rush chronicles)
Looking for:
Level designers (for all the zones, I'll do the special stages myself)
Engine programmer (because the engine i used wasn't good enough)
Oh, and sprite designers of course.
I will also design the boss fights, the engine programmer will put them in.
Characters the sprite designer will have to put in:
Sonic
Tails
Eggman (most cutscenes and all boss fight sprites)
Oh, and Kirby because you can't have a Sonic fangame without some sort of crossover!

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

I still need help on programming my game for Sonic 4Ever (the project name is rush chronicles)
Looking for:
Sonic
Tails
Oh, and Kirby because you can't have a Sonic fangame without some sort of crossover!
Do you need brand new sprites, or could the game stick with Genesis sprites?
Here's some Munch links:
Sonic Sprites for Sonic Arcadia
Sonic Sprites for ARA (pretty smooth too)
S2C Tails Sprites
Tails Sprites for ARA (did Munch rip the same thing twice? Well, kinda… kinda not.)
Mania Eggman (and Metal Sonic if you're into that)
Oh, and here's Genesis Eggman (in case you wanted less frames or something)
I probably missed several, I don't know too much about what Munch has/hasn't ripped.
If you're looking for Modern designs, there's always Advance and such, but such rips normally aren't as high-quality as what Munch does.
Maybe he ripped Advance too, somewhere along the way. I dunno.
As for Kirby…
Well, I dunno, really. I might want to get him ripped at some point myself, but lemme look it up…
Hmm. Found a whole bunch of Smash. I don't think I have the time to sort through all of these right now, so just take a look yourself I guess: Kirby Sprites Search. I plan on ripping sprites from… some game (Super Star? Adventure?), at some point. I want to use them in one of my own projects!

I also have a big engine project going, that we've been discussing on this thread. The project should be capable of handling any 2D Sonic, or maybe even 2D in general, game. It's currently titled Genesis Sonic Ultimate Engine, and plans are to include:
–Multi-character support and physics variations for every character, to the extent that you don't even need to use the GSE collision code!
–Key mapping; you can use the arrow keys, WASD, the classic Gens ABC=ASD config, etc.!
–Local co-op: play alone or with a friend!
–Possible online mode?
–N.O.E.: my New Object Engine, which should hopefully turn out better than the first… assuming I have indeed learned things!
These features should be capable of handling your game and more. This is considering, of course, I can finish the project.
For example, if for some reason you want Kirby to not use the momentum-based gameplay Sonic is known for, you can do that.
If you want him to be able to go up slopes but NOT act in any other way like Sonic, you can do that.
If you want to make him break-dance on the floor… you can probably do that too. (Sorry, AntDude Air Ride reference)

Last edited by hahasamian (June 24, 2018 16:58:27)

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Well, i did make a remix of Tomicool's Sonic Engine with Advance sprites (which i can't find for the life of me) And i also did Sonic's Hammer Sprite from Advance 3

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Which Kirby Sprites d'ya want?

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey, one thing to mention, I have a collab, but no one seems to know that, here it is: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4471206/

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Looking for:
Sonic
Tails
Do you need brand new sprites, or could the game stick with Genesis sprites?
Here's some Munch links:
Sonic Sprites for Sonic Arcadia
Sonic Sprites for ARA (pretty smooth too)
S2C Tails Sprites
Tails Sprites for ARA (did Munch rip the same thing twice? Well, kinda… kinda not.)
Mania Eggman (and Metal Sonic if you're into that)
Oh, and here's Genesis Eggman (in case you wanted less frames or something)
I probably missed several, I don't know too much about what Munch has/hasn't ripped.
If you're looking for Modern designs, there's always Advance and such, but such rips normally aren't as high-quality as what Munch does.
As for Kirby…
Well, I dunno, really. I might want to get him ripped at some point myself, but lemme look it up…
Hmm. Found a whole bunch of Smash. I don't think I have the time to sort through all of these right now, so just take a look yourself I guess: Kirby Sprites Search. I plan on ripping sprites from… some game (Super Star? Adventure?), at some point. I want to use them in one of my own projects!

I also have a big engine project going, that we've been discussing on this thread. The project should be capable of handling any 2D Sonic, or maybe even 2D in general, game. It's currently titled Genesis Sonic Ultimate Engine, and plans are to include:
–Multi-character support and physics variations for every character, to the extent that you don't even need to use the GSE collision code!
–Key mapping; you can use the arrow keys, WASD, the classic Gens ABC=ASD config, etc.!
–Local co-op: play alone or with a friend!
–Possible online mode?
–N.O.E.: my New Object Engine, which should hopefully turn out better than the first… assuming I have indeed learned things!
These features should be capable of handling your game and more. This is considering, of course, I can finish the project.
For example, if for some reason you want Kirby to not use the momentum-based gameplay Sonic is known for, you can do that.
If you want him to be able to go up slopes but NOT act in any other way like Sonic, you can do that.
If you want to make him break-dance on the floor… you can probably do that too. (Sorry, AntDude Air Ride reference)
Sprites based on the classic sprites

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Alright, the ones I linked should work.

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Which Kirby Sprites d'ya want?
ALL OF THEM. GIVE US ALL– okay, that's a bit overboard. Sorry.

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Well, i did make a remix of Tomicool's Sonic Engine with Advance sprites (which i can't find for the life of me) And i also did Sonic's Hammer Sprite from Advance 3
I'd assume Advance Sonic in GSE wouldn't be as awesome looking as he is in the actual game though. (Decreased framerate in animations)

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

Hey, one thing to mention, I have a collab, but no one seems to know that, here it is: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/4471206/
Okay, I've added. Right now I can't really describe it though. Maybe I should just write up “Collab for those who just want to make a normal Sonic game”?

-Totally Sonic

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

Okay, I've added. Right now I can't really describe it though. Maybe I should just write up “Collab for those who just want to make a normal Sonic game”?
Thank you, I do need helpers for this!

when green flag clicked

end
d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

You could write “Basically a Sonic Mania 2”

when green flag clicked

end
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

Thank you, I do need helpers for this!
You could write “Basically a Sonic Mania 2”
Alright. I wrote down something like that.
I'd like to help out with as many collabs as I can before I leave this site. If you want, I might be able to work on some engine mods and stuff!

-Totally Sonic

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

(I'm not dead!)

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I'd like to help out with as many collabs as I can before I leave this site.

HOLD THE PHONE, WHAAAAAATT!?!?!?

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

WAIT, HE'S LEAVING!?!?!?

Last edited by d_and_g (June 27, 2018 22:53:02)

when green flag clicked

end
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

i meant custom ones based on classics

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

as in genesis sprites that are custom. i can only do 8 bit.
kirby will need some edited super star sprites to fit the genesis colour scheme (i actually spell colour like that lol (it's the british spelling!))

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

WAIT, HE'S LEAVING!?!?!?
Oh, gosh guys, all I meant was that I'm going to leave eventually. Probably. At some point I'll die, at least. Until I leave Scratch (which, depending on circumstances and assuming there isn't a sudden tragic death, is anywhere from 2 years to… let's say 70 years away), I want to help out with collabs, contributing engine mods or variations.
You're reading into it too much.
Well, maybe I could've phrased it better…
Anyway, the point is that at some point I'll be likely to move on from Scratch. Some might say I'm already a bit old for the site, but hey, I've got a nice group of friends here and plenty of projects to work on, sooo… yeah. I'd like to stay around for quite a while, don't worry.
But at some point, I'll need to start making things I can sell, y'know?

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

as in genesis sprites that are custom. i can only do 8 bit.
kirby will need some edited super star sprites to fit the genesis colour scheme (i actually spell colour like that lol (it's the british spelling!))
Hmm. I dunno If I can find those really. Maybe someone will make (or has made) something like that, but I dunno.

-Totally Sonic

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

WAIT, HE'S LEAVING!?!?!?
Oh, gosh guys, all I meant was that I'm going to leave eventually. Probably. At some point I'll die, at least. Until I leave Scratch (which, depending on circumstances and assuming there isn't a sudden tragic death, is anywhere from 2 years to… let's say 70 years away), I want to help out with collabs, contributing engine mods or variations.
You're reading into it too much.
Well, maybe I could've phrased it better…
Anyway, the point is that at some point I'll be likely to move on from Scratch. Some might say I'm already a bit old for the site, but hey, I've got a nice group of friends here and plenty of projects to work on, sooo… yeah. I'd like to stay around for quite a while, don't worry.
But at some point, I'll need to start making things I can sell, y'know?
Ok, I understand now…
Whew!

when green flag clicked

end