Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

apgonscratch wrote:

(I'm not dead!)
(I'm not dead either! I think…)
By the way, little update on the ARA level design sketches, I may be able to upload them shortly, as the binder they were in got sent here in the mail recently! (They were lost, if you guys recall.)
I wonder if they looked at the drawings… The really old “Miles” sketches were out of place and… ah, nevermind! What matters is they're here!
Oh, look! It's the Tails Communication Device for the GameBoy Advance! Man, some of my sketches were weird…

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Well, maybe I could've phrased it better…

Y'think!? I almost had a heart attack! Although i may not get your drunken ramblings passionate paragraphs, you're still a great programmer and a great friend

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

Y'think!? I almost had a heart attack! Although i may not get your drunken ramblings passionate paragraphs, you're still a great programmer and a great friend
Thanks… I guess…
I was going to say something about you still being in shock, but looks like you're back to normal now.
*reads post again* Yup. Perfectly normal.
Anyway, thanks. I try to be a good friend.
You have no idea how much I laughed at this situation though. Another great memory built with Munch.

Last edited by hahasamian (June 29, 2018 00:55:16)

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

But looks like you're back to normal now.
10/10 best normalness ever

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

But looks like you're back to normal now.
10/10 best normalness ever
I've changed my sig coming out of this experience.
Anyway, if we can start breathing again, I could upload those level designs! What do you guys think? Should I?

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

a joke at my expense

But i'm not gonna stay salty about that forever!am i?

Last edited by MunchJrGames (June 30, 2018 02:28:19)

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

a joke at my expense

But i'm not gonna stay salty about that forever!am i?
because scratch 3 coming out init

or is this situation gonna be like club penguin?

Last edited by Danny_Shellstar (June 30, 2018 08:40:41)

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

I also decided to show you these zones (btw the game takes place on an island called Coconut Island)
South Forest (Hub)
Hazelnut Hills (Green Hill Esc. Stage)
Cream Chaos (Snow stage)
Cookie Cave (Cave Stage)
Saugage Sea (Beach Stage)
Dairy Drive (City Stage)
Saucy Scrap (Eggman's Base)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

a joke at my expense
O-only kinda.
I'll change it eventually, don't worry.
I'm thinking of putting random thoughts, quotes and stuff up there.

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was gonna do this earlier but the internet at my school had a massive stroke and died

New Ideas for ARA: (I'm going to sacrifice some ideas for Cross Venture here because i've worked on this longer)

New Zone ideas:

Panic Pastures = > = Cascade Valley Zone
Act 1: Typical Green Hill
Act 2: Deep into a Jungle mixed with Labyrinth Zone

Marble Mansion = > = Luna Mansion Zone
Act 1: Mansion on the background, you're on the outside grounds.
Act 2: The Mansion itself

Jazz Junction = > = Transit Carnival Zone
Act 1: Trainyard Sunset
Act 2: Carnival Sunset

Crystallite Caverns = > = Gemstone Complex Zone
Act 1: Like Lava Reef Act 2
Act 2: Giant Mining facility, akin to Quartz Quadrant

Abysmal Ascent = > = Rally Tower Zone
Act: 1: Obligatory night city level
Act 2: More mountain assets

Fiery Fortress = > = Egg Inferno Zone
Act 1: Basically Scrap Brain Act 2, inside a factory.
Act 2: Like Flying Battery Zone.

Solstice Showdown = > = Rose Dynamo Zone
You fight Metal Amy fused with the “Final Boss” at sunrise where everything's pink (or night)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

I was gonna do this earlier but the internet at my school had a massive stroke and died

New Ideas for ARA: (I'm going to sacrifice some ideas for Cross Venture here because i've worked on this longer)

New Zone ideas:

Panic Pastures = > = Cascade Valley Zone
Act 1: Typical Green Hill
Act 2: Deep into a Jungle mixed with Labyrinth Zone

Marble Mansion = > = Luna Mansion Zone
Act 1: Mansion on the background, you're on the outside grounds.
Act 2: The Mansion itself

Jazz Junction = > = Transit Carnival Zone
Act 1: Trainyard Sunset
Act 2: Carnival Sunset

Crystallite Caverns = > = Gemstone Complex Zone
Act 1: Like Lava Reef Act 2
Act 2: Giant Mining facility, akin to Quartz Quadrant

Abysmal Ascent = > = Rally Tower Zone
Act: 1: Obligatory night city level
Act 2: More mountain assets

Fiery Fortress = > = Egg Inferno Zone
Act 1: Basically Scrap Brain Act 2, inside a factory.
Act 2: Like Flying Battery Zone.

Solstice Showdown = > = Rose Dynamo Zone
You fight Metal Amy fused with the “Final Boss” at sunrise where everything's pink (or night)
I think that for now I may wanna stick to referencing them in their Alliterative Alterations (heehee), as I really liked those. They were quite clever, in my opinion. Both… name-types, I guess I'll call them, seem perfectly fine, but I think you forgot to mention E.I.Z. needs LOTSA FIER!
Apart from that, great ideas! For some reason Cascade Valley Zone sounds a teensey bit too much like Dragon Valley (FP1 version), but maybe that's just me loving Freedom Planet way more than I should. And, obviously, the usage of “Valley”, but whatever.
Overall, these are pretty good ideas for how the Zones look! I'd love to see them getting fully implemented!
Ohdarnit, you reminded me of Jazz Junction! Are we renaming the Zones so there's no association with these terrifying remixes of mine? If so, nice move!

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

I think that for now I may wanna stick to referencing them in their Alliterative Alterations (heehee), as I really liked those. They were quite clever, in my opinion. Both… name-types, I guess I'll call them, seem perfectly fine, but I think you forgot to mention E.I.Z. needs LOTSA FIER!
Apart from that, great ideas! For some reason Cascade Valley Zone sounds a teensey bit too much like Dragon Valley (FP1 version), but maybe that's just me loving Freedom Planet way more than I should. And, obviously, the usage of “Valley”, but whatever.
Overall, these are pretty good ideas for how the Zones look! I'd love to see them getting fully implemented!
Ohdarnit, you reminded me of Jazz Junction! Are we renaming the Zones so there's no association with these terrifying remixes of mine? If so, nice move!

“Clever” yeah, Jazz Junction, Crystal Caves and Abysmal Ascent were “clever”

Also, if you think Cascade Valley is a bit of a plagiarist name as if creating an unofficial sonic game isn't Here's my initial replacements:
~ Cascade Pastures ~ Rapture Greens ~ Echo Canyon ~ etc

Again, E.I.Z. DOES have loads of fire, why do you think i name-dropped Flying Battery ans Scrap Brain specifically? I never said like, what, Sky Base or anything

Last edited by MunchJrGames (July 4, 2018 03:29:04)

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just need to bring this up so people can actually talk about it.
I also decided to show you these zones (btw the game takes place on an island called Coconut Island)
South Forest (Hub)
Cream Chaos (Snow stage)
Cookie Cave (Cave Stage)
Dairy Drive (City Stage)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

“Clever” yeah, Jazz Junction, Crystal Caves and Abysmal Ascent were “clever”

Also, if you think Cascade Valley is a bit of a plagiarist name as if creating an unofficial sonic game isn't Here's my initial replacements:
~ Cascade Pastures ~ Rapture Greens ~ Echo Canyon ~ etc

Again, E.I.Z. DOES have loads of fire, why do you think i name-dropped Flying Battery ans Scrap Brain specifically? I never said like, what, Sky Base or anything
No, no. EVE EN MOAR FIER!
Maybe like Hot Crater Zone in appearance! FIER!
Sorry, I might have gotten a bit crazy there. But I'd be cool if we could do it as a bit of a mix of those Zones along with with Hot Crater, maybe… So, roboticized volcano. It is still a volcano, right?
And don't criticize Freedom Planet. That's just a bad move when you're around me. The game is an awesome evolution of Sonic, nothing like RockBot, which is an actual direct clone of a video game (Mega Man in its case). Freedom Planet is way more than just an unofficial Sonic game.
“Cascade Valley” doesn't really sound like outright plagiarism, but the description of the second act reminded me of FP.
I didn't say all those original names were perfect either…

Last edited by hahasamian (July 5, 2018 17:30:54)

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

South Forest (Hub)
Cream Chaos (Snow stage)
Cookie Cave (Cave Stage)
Dairy Drive (City Stage)
All named after food.
Cute!

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Sorry, I might have gotten a bit crazy there. But I'd be cool if we could do it as a bit of a mix of those Zones along with with Hot Crater, maybe… So, roboticized volcano. It is still a volcano, right?
And don't criticize Freedom Planet. That's just a bad move when you're around me. The game is an awesome evolution of Sonic, nothing like RockBot, which is an actual direct clone of a video game (Mega Man in its case). Freedom Planet is way more than just an unofficial Sonic game.
“Cascade Valley” doesn't really sound like outright plagiarism, but the description of the second act reminded of of FP.

Whoops, yet another instance of bad word phrasing (Guess it's my turn now huh?) By, “As if creating an unofficial sonic game isn't” I was referring to ARA, NOT Planet Freedom from the Sonic OVA. Freedom Planet.

Oh, and it still is a volcano, E.I.Z. is probably gonna be more reminiscent of Lava Powerhouse and Showdown from Spinball now that i think about it.

Last edited by MunchJrGames (July 4, 2018 21:06:56)

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Ok, if you're doing something that describes the stage like “My zone is kinda like this” you use “esque”

e.g.

“Rally Tower (Or Gadget Tower) is a Chrome Gadget-eque zone”

I'm pretty sure “esc.” is short for escape

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

“Cascade Valley” doesn't really sound like outright plagiarism, but the description of the second act reminded me of FP.

Whoops, yet another instance of bad word phrasing (Guess it's my turn now huh?) By, “As if creating an unofficial sonic game isn't” I was referring to ARA, NOT Planet Freedom from the Sonic OVA. Freedom Planet.

Oh, and it still is a volcano, E.I.Z. is probably gonna be more reminiscent of Lava Powerhouse and Showdown from Spinball now that i think about it.
Okay, cool with me!

-Totally Sonic

Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

South Forest (Hub)
Cream Chaos (Snow stage)
Cookie Cave (Cave Stage)
Dairy Drive (City Stage)
All named after food.
Cute!
anyway….
i need like,
zone cards,
a good sonic and tails engine
and a good kirby engine with sonic physics

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

… i don't care
no offence
(pls no ban)
Heh, I think you'll be fine, buddy. I'm pretty sure we're all cool with that around here. *elbows Munch* RIGHT?

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

anyway….
i need like,
zone cards,
a good sonic and tails engine
and a good kirby engine with sonic physics
Kirby engine with Sonic physics…
I think that's possible.
Sonic and Tails engine? Well, last time I tried that it didn't work out to well, but I think it's possible! Might be able to get to that.

-Totally Sonic