Discuss Scratch

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

THE Sonic Projects Thread!

MunchJrGames wrote:

How is the Spindash a Death Trap in Sonic 1? It makes the game much easier and more intuitive. It saved me more times than it killed me. As for the deaths. honestly, who cares? At least for me, i find it super simple to find lives in Sonic 1. (But Sonic 2 is better for that kinda thing.)
…Are we playing the same game?
Sonic 1 just wasn't built for the Spindash, in my opinion at least.
There are several parts in the game where it'll just hurtle you into all sorts of trouble– spikes, pitfalls, the works.
Sonic 1 was designed as a slower-paced game, so while having the Spindash does give you more speed… what happens to you because of said speed is another story.

MunchJrGames wrote:

Customizing a moveset is the exact same reason i was turned off by Mighty Gunvolt Burst, it was poorly explained, and frankly finicky to handle, but your idea sounds a whole lot better.
I'm not sure… quite how to respond to this. I'll look into the customization thing on Mighty Gunvolt Burst, last time I heard about it it was a positive, so…
Anyway, the MoveCard system would be simplistic enough and complicated enough. I just need to find the right balance for both.

MunchJrGames wrote:

I never think about other characters when i'm playing, i usually just try and do the best i can with my abilities.
Hmm… probably a failure on your part, not the devs' part, then.
“Costumes” are never as fun as full new movesets, in my opinion.

MunchJrGames wrote:

Still, i can't see why you would want to customize a player's play-style when you can choose from a set of six/four
That is an interesting point.
The MoveCards would only be for Amy, if I haven't already made that clear. As far as I've seen, the main purpose of playing as other characters is some moves that they may still have exclusively (such as Knuckles' glide/climb and Tails' flight, which Amy would look weird doing). Well, until you become a total beast with the Metal Amy MoveCards, that is… But before then you have to use specific characters in order to access specific items, such as the Special Ring that Tails needs to get in Panic Pastures Act 1 or maybe some MoveCards or extra Hyper Emeralds in Mighty's stages.
But maybe we could just change up the design a little and make Amy the only character. I dunno.
I just think it'd be nice to do a player select screen.

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Gasp!
Something happened to @Ludominous' beautiful Sonic game!
DOES THE ST HAVE NO MERCY?
We'll always have it in our hearts, I guess.
If no one else does, I'll remember you, and all your crazy Sonic projects, my friend…
On that note, here's my favorite quote from his game:
“Today sonic learned that no mattert how fasd u run
u can never run away from the pain”

–Our good friend before he passed away from us.
I'm telling you, the game was beautiful.

Last edited by hahasamian (Aug. 10, 2018 18:54:41)

It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Still, i can't see why you would want to customize a player's play-style when you can choose from a set of six/four
So, you basically mean Encore Mode from Mania Plus or are you talking about choosing from a set of six/four moves?
Honestly, the last one makes more sense.

Six Characters with Six different movesets
So yeah, like encore mode

when green flag clicked
if <I think of something> then

it's probably been done before

end
Ok, but unironically, check this out!
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Subgames for crazy crossover adventure (nicknamed project CD, for the time being)
soo… in project CD, there are 5 subgames:
Speed Soccer: Two on Two top down Soccer (or football if you are british, don't want to offend anyone.)
Royale Rumble: 19 v 1 battle royale!
and that's all i could think of.

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

It doesn't need to be the same quality, just have a similar impact. Freedom Planet has had a similar effect on you as Ultimate Flash Sonic did for me. I'm not comparing quality here. Also, i never noticed any flaws with UFS, mainly because that was my first Sonic game.
Granted.
But, uh… Freedom Planet didn't introduce me to Sonic, just… gave me an even better Sonic game.
Anyway, moving on…
Let's just say they were big moments in our life and be done with it okay? ok. phew…

Anyways…

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

How is the Spindash a Death Trap in Sonic 1? It makes the game much easier and more intuitive. It saved me more times than it killed me. As for the deaths. honestly, who cares? At least for me, i find it super simple to find lives in Sonic 1. (But Sonic 2 is better for that kinda thing.)
…Are we playing the same game?
Sonic 1 just wasn't built for the Spindash, in my opinion at least.
There are several parts in the game where it'll just hurtle you into all sorts of trouble– spikes, pitfalls, the works.
Sonic 1 was designed as a slower-paced game, so while having the Spindash does give you more speed… what happens to you because of said speed is another story.
First off, i played the mobile port of Sonic 1, WITH the Spindash, and i recall having little to no trouble with the game (Aside from being stuck on the GHZ boss, but, hey! Cut me some slack! It's my first official Sonic Game!)

EDIT: I also played 3D Sonic on the 3DS, which had a spindash, and is also an emulation so you can't call me out on playing the better version of the game

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Customizing a moveset is the exact same reason i was turned off by Mighty Gunvolt Burst, it was poorly explained, and frankly finicky to handle, but your idea sounds a whole lot better.
I'm not sure… quite how to respond to this. I'll look into the customization thing on Mighty Gunvolt Burst, last time I heard about it it was a positive, so…
Anyway, the MoveCard system would be simplistic enough and complicated enough. I just need to find the right balance for both.
I think it would work like the weapon system in Cuphead

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

I never think about other characters when i'm playing, i usually just try and do the best i can with my abilities.
Hmm… probably a failure on your part, not the devs' part, then.
“Costumes” are never as fun as full new movesets, in my opinion.
Lowkey roasted by sam yet again.

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Still, i can't see why you would want to customize ONE player's play-style when you can choose from a set of six/four
That is an interesting point.
The MoveCards would only be for Amy, if I haven't already made that clear. As far as I've seen, the main purpose of playing as other characters is some moves that they may still have exclusively (such as Knuckles' glide/climb and Tails' flight, which Amy would look weird doing). Well, until you become a total beast with the Metal Amy MoveCards, that is… But before then you have to use specific characters in order to access specific items, such as the Special Ring that Tails needs to get in Panic Pastures Act 1 or maybe some MoveCards or extra Hyper Emeralds in Mighty's stages.
But maybe we could just change up the design a little and make Amy the only character. I dunno.
I just think it'd be nice to do a player select screen.
Now that i think about it, it probably is for the best that we just scrap all other characters (In ARA) and focus on giving Amy a cool customizable playstle, i mean, it's not a DIRECT Sonic game, so who'll care anyway.

However, in SCV (Sonic Cross Venture) Amy will only have one playstyle. Just makes it more streamlined

Last edited by MunchJrGames (Aug. 10, 2018 23:39:29)

The creator of all popular things you've never heard of before like remote-control flying pizzas (trademark MunchJrGames)
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

Subgames for crazy crossover adventure (nicknamed project CD, for the time being)
Speed Soccer: Two on Two top down Soccer (or football if you are british, don't want to offend anyone.)

Battle Royale in a Sonic Game?

…i wanna see how this turns out…

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

So, you basically mean Encore Mode from Mania Plus or are you talking about choosing from a set of six/four moves?

Exactly, except without the whole swapping characters shtick, and more like SA3

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

Exactly, except without the whole swapping characters shtick, and more like SA3
yeah, make a little more sense

when green flag clicked

end
Danny_Shellstar
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

its cpu vs player

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

its cpu vs player

Oh. Well that's disappointing.

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

Danny_Shellstar wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

its cpu vs player

Oh. Well that's disappointing.
Oh no

when green flag clicked

end
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

All I can hear now is “Bump Battle Royale”.
Nitrome classics, my friends, Nitrome classics.

-Totally Sonic

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ludominous was a good guy. It's kinda depressing having such an awesome project handed off to me, but I guess I'll have to keep pressing onward…
I must leave the past behind, and look to the future!
It's time to get that Sonic costume on and Soar!
Do not ask questions. Let's just say I love this song.

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Ludominous was a good guy. It's kinda depressing having such an awesome project handed off to me, but I guess I'll have to keep pressing onward…
I must leave the past behind, and look to the future!
It's time to get that Sonic costume on and Soar!
Do not ask questions. Let's just say I love this song.

The heck are you on about

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

That grammar though

Last edited by d_and_g (Aug. 11, 2018 23:29:26)

when green flag clicked

end
MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

That grammar though
What about it? It's correct.

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

That grammar though
No it's not
Its missing punctuation among other things
As for the post don't mind me I'm just going N. Sane
Maybe you can finally comprehend my thoughts if I keep writing this way
And I said, do not ask questions

Last edited by hahasamian (Aug. 12, 2018 16:22:05)

-Totally Sonic

MunchJrGames
Scratcher
500+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

That grammar though
No it's not

It's a combination of “what the heck” and “what are you on about” So it's correct colloquialism (I can't believe i spelled that correctly first time!)

d_and_g
Scratcher
100+ posts

MunchJrGames wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

d_and_g wrote:

MunchJrGames wrote:

That grammar though
No it's not

It's a combination of “what the heck” and “what are you on about” So it's correct colloquialism (I can't believe i spelled that correctly first time!)
I never knew that, so that's how i didn't know

Last edited by d_and_g (Aug. 12, 2018 21:48:52)

when green flag clicked

end