Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]
TM2125
Scratcher
500+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

Support.

Though it wouldn't be anything you know, huge and website changing, but it would just be one of those things that makes it feel more complete.

its me (the guy). he/him. you can call me leo, leon, or law
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour

Necro-bump.

100% support.
Not only is it a nice feature to have in general, but it also is practical for nighttime, and if the bright colors bother people's eyes.
In my opinion, it would probably be the best to have the to options when changing the color - The hex colors, and the names of the colors. Similar to on the forums, it would respond to both.
Like this:
[color=pink]Hello![/color]
Turns into: Hello!
On the other hand, this is hex colors:
[color=#ffb3ff]Hello![/color]

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Necro-bump.

100% support.
Not only is it a nice feature to have in general, but it also is practical for nighttime, and if the bright colors bother people's eyes.
In my opinion, it would probably be the best to have the to options when changing the color - The hex colors, and the names of the colors. Similar to on the forums, it would respond to both.
Like this:
[color=pink]Hello![/color]
On the other hand, this is hex colors:
[color=#ffb3ff]Hello![/color]
Yeah, by default in HTML and CSS, you choose the HEX or the colour.

Anyway, no necroposting does exist in the suggestions forum.

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i really hope ST notices this lol

(they/them)
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

I've found out that of recent that it does exist, but that is only if they are spamming or it is unrelated to the said topic.

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana439monkey wrote:

I've asked clarification about this a while ago, and Paddle2See's answer was that necroposting does not apply on the suggestions forums as long as the post adds to the discussion and is related to the topic.

Last edited by NilsTheBest (March 12, 2019 23:29:56)

NilsTheChair | 5 years on Scratch | 4000+ posts | former wiki editor | 332nd FPC | CoR founder
XxShazammxX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! This makes the site more customizable, and nicer for you!

EcIipsed wrote:

why what you can do that I on the wiki? Okay changing my skin on the wiki rn

Support!

I’m just a little concerned that the 8 year old kids of Scratch would want to customize their skins, but type in ”dark orange” rather than #b35000, and then there would be a bit of confusion, but I’m sure they’ll get it if they ask someone who understands hex colours.

cough cough

I mean maybe Scratch would take dark orange as a color, but other less heard of colours like periwinkle or lavender may suffer.
I agree with @Eclipsed. A solution would be to have the Vector Color thing there so you can customize the colours.

Happy to help!

(Unless I'm the one asking for help )
TheGuy888
Scratcher
31 posts

Would the option be where you click on your username?

when green flag clicked::list
forever::variables
if <(You ::sensing) = (join (Reasonable v) (Human v) )::looks> then ::variables
Code ::sound
Be content ::pen

else
Get turned into a grey block for [∞ v] years ::grey
end
end
TM2125
Scratcher
500+ posts

TheGuy888 wrote:

When i saw this i though it might be in account settings but i'm not the one who made this so idk

its me (the guy). he/him. you can call me leo, leon, or law
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TM2125 wrote:

TheGuy888 wrote:

When i saw this i though it might be in account settings but i'm not the one who made this so idk
it could have a separate option from account settings

(they/them)
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SolarKnight wrote:

TM2125 wrote:

TheGuy888 wrote:

Yeah I think that is what they would do.

Mockup

“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;”
- Doctrine and Covenants 18:10

I have since moved to @JollyWinter
banana439monkey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StrangeMagic32 wrote:

SolarKnight wrote:

TM2125 wrote:

TheGuy888 wrote:

Yeah I think that is what they would do.

Mockup

Aproximately, need to add in a dark mode switcher.

Banana

Banana
——————————————————————————–

Very inactive user who has now become a maker.
If you reply to this post it would be greatly appreciated if you could comment the link to your post on my profile!!!

Luvexina
Scratcher
500+ posts

This should be added, I love that feature on the wiki

Support trans youth, in Texas and across the globe!
yaov_1991
Scratcher
500+ posts

S U P P O R T

a night mode is always the best its cool

SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yaov_1991 wrote:

S U P P O R T

a night mode is always the best its cool
yes

(they/them)
planetchild
Scratcher
37 posts

Totally support dark theme - I much prefer white text on grey/black to black on white and it would make for an easier viewing experience in my eyes.

The colour thing may be a bit complex, especially with colour hexes. You could try with a set amount of colours that you can just chose from, or even a colour bar/wheel that you can select from, which also gives you the hex in order for you to “share with friends” or if you're using another account, ect. I think the first step may be to allow you to change it to rainbow colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) and in the future add different shades - or even, as I said, the colour wheel.

This is quite an interesting idea but maybe for a time when nothing else is quite as prominent as I feel it's just a cosmetic thing.

- Tea

wowza_studio
Scratcher
36 posts

Scratch theme colors are blue and orange, so what if the dark theme made the top bar orange?

I'm outta here! Gotta code more!
-wowza_studio
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rather than have two boxes for hex color inputs, I think there should be several themes to select from. E.g. default, dark, custom. The custom theme would allow further specification with the hex inputs.

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
SolarKnight
Scratcher
1000+ posts

imfh wrote:

Rather than have two boxes for hex color inputs, I think there should be several themes to select from. E.g. default, dark, custom. The custom theme would allow further specification with the hex inputs.
yeah

(they/them)
Luvexina
Scratcher
500+ posts

imfh wrote:

I think that would be the best idea.

Support trans youth, in Texas and across the globe!
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Suggestions
  • » [PLEASE DO NOT PROTEST THE PURPLE] An option in account settings to change the site's theme and navigation bar colour [RSS Feed]