Discuss Scratch

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(READ BEFORE SAYING IT'S REJECTED!!) Remove 60 Second Rule

What if you could earn the privilege to get the 60 Second Rule taken away from you? Maybe if the ST saw you helping out, not spamming and being nice we could get it taken away from us (of course, it's only a privilege, as if you started spamming that privilege would be taken away).

woah, haven't been on here in a while
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe change the title a slight bit to have “Scratch Team-granted 60-second-rule removal” or something like that? I certainly was about to copy and paste the rejections sticky thing again.

I think this might be a good idea; but the Scratch Team will REALLY need to earn your trust from this one. The likelihood of someone posting constructively all the time just to spam in the end is unlikely, though… I don't know where my stance is on this.

Blackout32
Scratcher
500+ posts

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

What if you could earn the privilege to get the 60 Second Rule taken away from you? Maybe if the ST saw you helping out, not spamming and being nice we could get it taken away from us (of course, it's only a privilege, as if you started spamming that privilege would be taken away).

We don't want to allow new scratchers to do this.
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe not removing altogether but good behaviour (no alerts etc) for 1 or 2 years would get it down to 30 seconds?

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
Blackout32
Scratcher
500+ posts

jji10 wrote:

Maybe not removing altogether but good behaviour (no alerts etc) for 1 or 2 years would get it down to 30 seconds?

Sometimes scratchers will report you for no reason just to be mean. About nobody would be able to not have a alert for 1 or 2 years.
FancyFoxy
Scratcher
500+ posts

Blackout32 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

Sometimes scratchers will report you for no reason just to be mean. About nobody would be able to not have a alert for 1 or 2 years.
I haven't gotten a single alert in my Scratch lifetime, 1.75 years. Just because you are reported doesn't mean it counts. The ST doesn't just give you an alert for no reason. They review the reports.

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE. THIS MEANS IT IS AN AUTOMATIC MESSAGE THAT APPEARS AT THE BOTTOM OF ALL MY POSTS.
Hi! I'm FancyFoxy! I create animations and games that were never, EVER meant to be taken seriously.
FancyFoxy Heroes and #Thanksgiving are some of my latest projects, check them out!
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blackout32 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

I haven't had an alert in over 2 years.

For the OP, support. I don't believe that this idea is a duplicate, but it may be. But there are definitely some people that the ST know they can trust.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Blackout32 wrote:

About nobody would be able to not have a alert for 1 or 2 years.
I've never had an alert… It's not that difficult, you just need to follow the Community Guidelines at all times.

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. It would mostly be a rank above Scratcher, even though ranks above Scratchers weren't accepted, I think this would be okay.

The way to earn these rights would be to not spam for at least 3 - 6 months, and then you will receive them. However, if you spam for every second, your rights will be removed, and as a punishment, will receive a 120 second rule the first 2 times after that.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
fphiladelphia
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support

I'm back…..yay!
not really tho
AwesomeSmilee
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is a good idea. It will/could make the more trusted Scratchers feel more trusted. Although how will you apply to get your rule removed? Do you post on an ST's profile? Is there a button somewhere? If that were the case, what about “you can only post an application once every day”?
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AwesomeSmilee wrote:

This is a good idea. It will/could make the more trusted Scratchers feel more trusted. Although how will you apply to get your rule removed? Do you post on an ST's profile? Is there a button somewhere? If that were the case, what about “you can only post an application once every day”?
You would receive a message from the ST

applesauceepicness
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support I've had my account for 3 and a half years (I think) and i've never been reported.

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Charles12310 wrote:

Support. It would mostly be a rank above Scratcher, even though ranks above Scratchers weren't accepted, I think this would be okay.

The way to earn these rights would be to not spam for at least 3 - 6 months, and then you will receive them. However, if you spam for every second, your rights will be removed, and as a punishment, will receive a 120 second rule the first 2 times after that.
I don't agree with a 120 second rule as a punishment, it just feels like you are on the ST's good side and after a few simple spam posts the ST hates you. I think that just going back to the 60 would be fine.

PkmnQ
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But there's something that can be exploited.
I call it "Behavior Disguise".
Behavior disguising is changing behavior against the blocked action, once you have the privilege.
We should block the action again once we see behavior disguise being done.
But if we allow the privilege to get back, we can have repeated behavior disguise, which just makes the blocking pointless.
So we should NOT allow it.
However, what if we get hacked, and behavior disguise blocking is done?
We need a hacker detector.
That's where reporting comes in to play.
We should make a new way of reporting, when a behavior disguise block is done.
However, then we need a lie detector.
And that just gets complicated.
The best solution I can think of is to verify using email.

In the end, all the options are:
  • Deal with the 60-second rule.
  • Deal with repeated behavior disguising.
  • Deal with false blocks.
  • Make a new way of reporting with a lie detector.

Last edited by PkmnQ (Aug. 2, 2017 13:35:01)

This is an account that exists.

Here, have a useful link:
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions by Za-Chary

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PkmnQ wrote:

But there's something that can be exploited.
I call it "Behavior Disguise".
Behavior disguising is changing behavior against the blocked action, once you have the privilege.
We should block the action again once we see behavior disguise being done.
But if we allow the privilege to get back, we can have repeated behavior disguise, which just makes the blocking pointless.
So we should NOT allow it.
However, what if we get hacked, and behavior disguise blocking is done?
We need a hacker detector.
That's where reporting comes in to play.
We should make a new way of reporting, when a behavior disguise block is done.
However, then we need a lie detector.
And that just gets complicated.
The best solution I can think of is to verify using email.

In the end, all the options are:
  • Deal with the 60-second rule.
  • Deal with repeated behavior disguising.
  • Deal with false blocks.
  • Make a new way of reporting with a lie detector.
I feel like you are over thinking it. The basics are that if you gain the trust, the ST will grant you the privilege, but they have the right to take that away if you start spamming.

Cub56
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Semi-support. It would be great to have the rule removed from people who don't spam on the forums, but I think alerts not relating to forum use (like an alert for a project) shouldn't count against you gaining this privilege.

Check out Life Raft Survival, my new advanced sandbox survival game with crafting, building, transportation, weather events, tropical storms, and more!

In the game you're stranded at sea after a mysterious crash and must survive in an unforgiving tropical island environment collecting resources and crafting, in an attempt to finally be rescued.

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cub56 wrote:

Semi-support. It would be great to have the rule removed from people who don't spam on the forums, but I think alerts not relating to forum use (like an alert for a project) shouldn't count against you gaining this privilege.
I don't remember mentioning anything about that, but yes, for the most part, what would prevent you from earning this privilege is forum related alerts.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think I'll give much support. 60 seconds isn't that long and users could always pretend to be a good forum helper so that they can have this rule removed and then they'll start spamming the forums.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

No support. It would create more work for the ST. And less frequent, but higher quality posts is preferable. Reading a thread and composing a quality reply should generally take more than a minute.