Discuss Scratch

DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

awesome-llama wrote:

bybb wrote:

Year 8 students got everyone banned from laptops at Lunch and Break. Luckily, I have a laptop only I can use!
What were they up to?
FRII GAEMS!!1!11!
Scratch got blocked at my school a few months ago since kids were playing games in lesson and it was blocked as “just another games site”. Luckily, it's unblocked now.
To everyone, has Scratch ever been blocked by your school?
not directly, but once every site with HTTPS was blocked for me for a day (and a few other people)

Scratch data available at ScratchDB (Status)

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

DatOneLefty wrote:

bybb wrote:

awesome-llama wrote:

bybb wrote:

Year 8 students got everyone banned from laptops at Lunch and Break. Luckily, I have a laptop only I can use!
What were they up to?
FRII GAEMS!!1!11!
Scratch got blocked at my school a few months ago since kids were playing games in lesson and it was blocked as “just another games site”. Luckily, it's unblocked now.
not directly, but once every site with HTTPS was blocked for me for a day (and a few other people)
Get this! My IP isn't blocked but HTTPS to my IP is blocked. Or it could be because they block proxmox

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

DatOneLefty wrote:

bybb wrote:

awesome-llama wrote:

bybb wrote:

What were they up to?
FRII GAEMS!!1!11!
Get this! My IP isn't blocked but HTTPS to my IP is blocked. Or it could be because they block proxmox
My school blocks /socket.io/ on http sites, so any sites using socket.io HAVE to bee https
DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

bybb wrote:

DatOneLefty wrote:

bybb wrote:

awesome-llama wrote:

bybb wrote:

What were they up to?
FRII GAEMS!!1!11!
My school blocks /socket.io/ on http sites, so any sites using socket.io HAVE to bee https
(as i sit here will all of my websites strictly enforcing https)

awesome-llama
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

I “accidentally” accessed a laptop's admin account at school. The username and password actually was “administrator”. Just messing around, not ever thinking it would actually work when I typed in the most obvious password.

Though I didn't do anything much in the admin account.

Edit: I have a feeling that specific password was only set up for the school laptops, not the desktop computers or internet login.

Last edited by awesome-llama (Nov. 26, 2017 07:07:25)

PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

TheUltimatum wrote:

Sigton wrote:

NoMod-Programming wrote:

Sigton wrote:

I've found enough loopholes in the school security to host web servers from the school PC…

Sigton
Same here! I've also found things like security cameras, printers, network shares with the final exam, only hidden with a dollar sign… It's amazing how bad my school's security is if you bother to look for even a few seconds
We found spreadsheets of the usernames and passwords of all the pupils in the school from 2010…

Sigton
Good for you.
I found a spreadsheet of all the current students, parents email/phone number, address, student id, and password. and yes, I anonymously reported the issue
reminds me of mr leeman.
Any one get that?

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

eeymao wrote:

>be 14 year old
>think I'm good at technology
>brag on thread called “School IT” about being epic hacker
>can't even install gentoo

kek
Duh cus gentoo sucks ubuntu or arch ALL THE WAY (and debian I guess but mainly ubuntu and arch)
DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

eeymao wrote:

>be 14 year old

kek
Duh cus gentoo sucks ubuntu or arch ALL THE WAY (and debian I guess but mainly ubuntu and arch)
Ubuntu is my city

(my servers run ubuntu for all of the production VMs)

TheUltimatum
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

eeymao wrote:

>be 14 year old

kek
Debian is gr8.
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

TheUltimatum wrote:

herohamp wrote:

eeymao wrote:

>be 14 year old

kek
Debian is gr8.
I run Ubuntu 16.04 Server in my 14 out of my 16 VMs/Containers
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

One time at my school, people were experiencing problems with ads showing up on the school computers. I looked through the extensions folder on my assigned computer and I found an extension for ads. The school re-imaged 20-something computers over an extension.

there's no place like index

why do Java programmers wear glasses? because they can't c#
1a3c5e7g9i
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

var schoolComputerType = "ChromeBook";
There's this “unblocked” games site called unblockedgames76;
it asserts that its games cannot be blocked.
Our school's IT apparently can't block it.
all they have to do is block flash on that website, and most of its games will be rendered unplayable,
but they didn't. YET….

Wao how is that possible

Uh Squidward? Yes Spongebob? You might want to look at this… HOLY SHRIMP! If we don't act now, well, think about how many clams I'll have to cough up JUST to see an extra portion of nick.com… or worse, to see ALL of it in general! *** Reader! This is not a fictional sketch! It actually is, but that's not the point. Learn more at the link that Spongebob left at the first instance of “this”.
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

-penandpaper- wrote:

One time at my school, people were experiencing problems with ads showing up on the school computers. I looked through the extensions folder on my assigned computer and I found an extension for ads. The school re-imaged 20-something computers over an extension.
wow
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

wow
yep

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

My school blocks access to booting from USBs

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
PintOfMilk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

My school blocks access to booting from USBs

Does n!+1=m^2 have interger solutions apart from n=4,5,7?
-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

For my class, everyone was always taught to click on “the blue E” to use the “google searcher” lol, I once got into trouble for using chrome, and they wouldn't let me explain that I was dying inside when I was using internet explorer.
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

-Vuton- wrote:

For my class, everyone was always taught to click on “the blue E” to use the “google searcher” lol, I once got into trouble for using chrome, and they wouldn't let me explain that I was dying inside when I was using internet explorer.
that's just depressing ;-;

-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
We always had to use Mozilla, which wasn't bad, but Chrome is still better