Discuss Scratch

-Vuton-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

-removed-

Last edited by -Vuton- (Jan. 24, 2019 18:39:53)

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

For my class, everyone was always taught to click on “the blue E” to use the “google searcher” lol, I once got into trouble for using chrome, and they wouldn't let me explain that I was dying inside when I was using internet explorer.
that's just depressing ;-;
ikr
We always had to use Mozilla, which wasn't bad, but Chrome is still better
Yeah
I love the new FireFox Developer Edition, I used to love Chrome but Firefox is better speedwise
Molive
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

Anything is better than IE.

…please explain this to my school

PS:
They actually have chrome installed, but it can't access any pages, not even chrome:\\ pages.
The teachers can use it, however.
Why.

Last edited by Molive (Dec. 9, 2017 20:45:59)

“You're not a sailor?”
“No, I make money off of other people's talent.”
“…You're a project lead on a computer game?”
-The Curse Of Monkey Island

- TW9saXZlJ3Mgc2lnbmF0dXJlIGlzIHRoZSBCZXN0IFNpZ25hdHVyZSAg -

Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

For my class, everyone was always taught to click on “the blue E” to use the “google searcher” lol, I once got into trouble for using chrome, and they wouldn't let me explain that I was dying inside when I was using internet explorer.
ikr
Yeah
I love the new FireFox Developer Edition, I used to love Chrome but Firefox is better speedwise
Hey no advertising! Even though it's an open source browser and supports everything of what Scratch also supports, no advertising.

Anyways, yeah our School had a plugin called Blocksi which blocks sites and you could turn it off if you just knew simple Javascript.
All ya had to do was turn on Developer Mode for extensions then open the background script and do window.close()
Sadly our IT man was told of this and patched it
chexbox
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
I prefer Mozilla, but my school hasn't updated it for years!

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

Seriously, it's not a big deal, it's perfectly okay if they want to use IE to search the web. Although, if they actually went to the trouble to install Google Chrome but don't allow the students use it, then OK that's pretty terrible

Wettining wrote:

Hey no advertising! Even though it's an open source browser and supports everything of what Scratch also supports, no advertising.
Why not?

Not yet a Knight of the Mu Calculus.
Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

School IT

Jonathan50 wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

–Snippity–
–Snip–

Wettining wrote:

Why not?
Cuz the ST don't like it idk why

Last edited by Wettining (Dec. 9, 2017 21:30:32)

herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

chexbox wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
So this is what a flash drive with Firefox is for

Last edited by herohamp (Dec. 9, 2017 21:34:58)

Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

Wettining wrote:

Source?

Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

School IT

Jonathan50 wrote:

Wettining wrote:

Source?
They don't like advertising off the Scratch website I should say. For example, banning extension advertising.
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

chexbox wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
Yeah, the last time our school updated anything was like three years ago

there's no place like index

why do Java programmers wear glasses? because they can't c#
-penandpaper-
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

herohamp wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

-penandpaper- wrote:

-Vuton- wrote:

ikr
Yeah
I might try that, actually. The only versions of Firefox I've used are the old ones at my school which are really slow, so I never really thought about using it.

there's no place like index

why do Java programmers wear glasses? because they can't c#
1a3c5e7g9i
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

Sometimes our Chromebooks accidentally block an appropriate website (I.E. Google).

Wao how is that possible

Uh Squidward? Yes Spongebob? You might want to look at this… HOLY SHRIMP! If we don't act now, well, think about how many clams I'll have to cough up JUST to see an extra portion of nick.com… or worse, to see ALL of it in general! *** Reader! This is not a fictional sketch! It actually is, but that's not the point. Learn more at the link that Spongebob left at the first instance of “this”.
Jonathan50
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

Wettining wrote:

They don't like advertising off the Scratch website I should say. For example, banning extension advertising.
They did that to prevent Scratchers from naively installing malicious extensions or userscripts, but Firefox is a popular browser from a reliable organisation.

Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

School IT

Jonathan50 wrote:

Wettining wrote:

They did that to prevent Scratchers from naively installing malicious extensions or userscripts, but Firefox is a popular browser from a reliable organisation.
Although no extensions were ever reported of doing attempting malicious activities? Firefox may be a popular browser used by many but it also shares a lot of data with Mozilla, of course you can opt out of this. But you could also do the same with the extensions, no?
Either way it is minor advertising

Probably gonna get a ban for this
lance4dragons
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

the it teacher never calls on me. just because i know how to use a chromebook at my home

Does anybody ever feel super excited for hour of code until they start by teaching you how to click and hold to drag blocks?
Yaay. Funny fun fun.

-L̴̩̹̫͈̰̬̪̩͔̗͇̳̲̬͙͎͂̋̌ͬͧ͆̒ͧ̐ͪ̏̓̌͑ͦ̃ͯ͌͡ąͦͪ̇ͨ̽̐͗ͤͤͭ̇̕͘͡҉̲̻̳̺͕͔̳ṉ̶̡͚̦̰̳͍̤͈͇͈͚̤̲̱͇͍͂̓̍ͭ̒́ͪ͐̆̏̇͊̈́͋ͨͫ͛̕͢ͅc̷̨̪͇͈̫̏̀̆̈̿͛͗̈́̂̅̀͟͝ͅe̸ͧͧͫ̈̀̄̽͗ͥ̀ͫͩ̓̊̒͝͏̙̙̙̹̣̰̥̘̣͚̘̼͙̭̟4͇̫͙̩͇̣̳̹̄͂ͭ̓͑̉̾ͯ̕d̷̷̛̐̒̍ͣ̂̏͑̆̄̌̑͏̢͙͔̘̝̩̬̝̬͍͇r̴͒̾́̏̌̉ͪ̂̆̇ͧͮͧ́̎͋҉͎̥̭̦̘͓̗̯͕̹͕̲͜͞ḁ̢̛̯̱͓͇̗͉͔̩̥̲̪̣̗͙̜͌̇͐̉ͨ̅ͧģ̧̫̯̙͙̳̘͙ͫͤ̊͆̒̂͗̀̓̉ͧ̚̕͞ͅǒ̸̸̗̠͕̑̂̆̈́ͧ̅͋͛̆̓ͬ̾̚n̡̂͊̓͒ͧ̔̍̾͘҉̥̙̞̜͎̱͓̤̠̣͙̼̖̼̺͍͚͖͠s̸̤̼̮̹͍̥̝̩̤̏̂͋̑

You are being watched…

DatOneLefty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

lance4dragons wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

the it teacher never calls on me. just because i know how to use a chromebook at my home

Does anybody ever feel super excited for hour of code until they start by teaching you how to click and hold to drag blocks?
Yaay. Funny fun fun.
while people were doing it for an hour i did it in leik 15 minutes or less, mostly waiting for the animations and the mouse speed.

Scratch data available at ScratchDB (Status)

Molive
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

1a3c5e7g9i wrote:

Sometimes our Chromebooks accidentally block an appropriate website (I.E. Google).
I tried to open this link but my school blocked it XD

“You're not a sailor?”
“No, I make money off of other people's talent.”
“…You're a project lead on a computer game?”
-The Curse Of Monkey Island

- TW9saXZlJ3Mgc2lnbmF0dXJlIGlzIHRoZSBCZXN0IFNpZ25hdHVyZSAg -

bybb
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

I found it scary how easy it was to get Tech Support to unblock my website. One email with no confirmation that I even own it.

Game Over
You'll find me on @LastContinue from now on.
TheUltimatum
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School IT

bybb wrote:

I found it scary how easy it was to get Tech Support to unblock my website. One email with no confirmation that I even own it.
Ready set setup an smtp server hooked into dns to spam emails to IT dept. everytime new domain is registered.