Discuss Scratch

PaxtonPenguin
Scratcher
69 posts

School IT

So now they’ve blocked: wikimedia commons, xkcd, and kleki. All because of me probably

Hi, I’m Paxton, and i created Peep
Website

PaxtonPenguin
Scratcher
69 posts

School IT

PaxtonPenguin wrote:

So now they’ve blocked: wikimedia commons, xkcd, and kleki. All because of me probably
Forgot explainxkcd

Hi, I’m Paxton, and i created Peep
Website

SuperSonicmario
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

Quite some time has passed since my last post here.

My current desktop in prison has an i5-7400 with 8 GiB of RAM and a HDD. Of course, the latter makes it insufferably slow at times – installing Windows 10 on a HDD should be illegal. Most of the other desktops have the same specs, except for my buddy's PC – that one is newer and runs Windows 11.
I and another inmate started off with 19“ 1440×900 monitors, but eventually got ”upgraded“ to 22” 1080p units. 16:9 displays are meant for movies, not text; I find them harder to focus on.
The picture quality is surprisingly bad; I occasionally think I'm seeing double. The onboard video on these desktops makes my Riva TNT2 M64 from 1999 seem like a stellar card. The keyboard is fine, but my mouse has mediocre tracking – it's painful to make flowcharts with.
As for software: my usual Web browser there is Microsoft Edge. Why do I not use Chrome? Because that way, only Microsoft gets access to my data, instead of them and SatanAlphabet.
The front page is full of the most ridiculous articles I've ever seen, from rumours about Putin's death to claims about the effectiveness of rubbing toothpaste on one's heels. Yeah.
Every time I try to log into MS Teams, the site makes a desperate attempt to get my telephone number. There was also a period of a few months where every time I opened Teams, I would get logged into some girl's account.
Microsoft recently unveiled a “new” Teams design. From that point on, every time I actually log in, the site displays this (slightly corrected) message:
Your Borg is switching to the new Teams, and it's ready for you to assimilate.

[ Switch now ]
While there's no way to exit this dialog, deleting it using Inspect Element has worked so far. Logging out is broken; however, I worked around that by configuring the browser to clear its data every time I close it.
My PC has three profiles – two for inmates and one for guards. The password hint for my account is the same as the actual password – I wonder if this is true for the guards' account as well?
Tasks are regularly uploaded using Teams's “notebook” feature. Most of them are very doable, but some of them are illogical or entail editing previously-made files that were never mentioned. The guard also has a habit of assigning tasks at home, then deleting them once we return.
I was once asked to create a list of instructions and flowchart out of a description of a program. I struggled a bit to figure out what the program did, so I tried to implement it in Python; this turned out to be impossible, since its flow required me to use a goto statement.
I eventually wrote a quick C implementation; however, it did not compile. I looked at the description again and… it described an operation on a variable that was never mentioned! I replaced it with the only variable in the script; this resulted in the program getting stuck in an infinite loop.
In the end, I had to write that list and draw that flowchart without figuring out what they were implementing.
On the bright side, I have yet to come across a blocked application or website.

Last edited by SuperSonicmario (April 7, 2024 13:17:37)

arandomperson500
Scratcher
2 posts

School IT

man can y'all help me I have light speed filter agent dos any body know a way to bypass it

Sent from Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563
BigNate469
Scratcher
100+ posts

School IT

arandomperson500 wrote:

man can y'all help me I have light speed filter agent dos any body know a way to bypass it
No.
Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you.

My school blocked the terminals on Chromebooks, but so far hasn't blocked cmd.exe on the 11+ year old windows machines in the building (which can somehow run Chrome 124, not quite certain how. It does take an average of ten minutes to load, though)

Also, the admin password used to be the same one used to sign in on those windows computers- then the admin account was hacked and the IT department had to change their password. One does wonder why it was ever the same in the first place, or if they just never got around to changing it.

For some reason, on all school google accounts running Chrome, the inspect feature is blocked. This is ironic, considering there is a class about website design that has been running for the past 5 years- and that's the primary way to debug websites.

Highlight any part of this signature and press ctrl+shift+down arrow to see the rest of it
forever
if <person asks [what's a signature] :: sensing> then
Redirect to [https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Signature] :: motion
end
end
Please read the list of Officially Rejected Suggestions before posting a suggestion for Scratch! 100th post
This signature is designed to be as helpful as possible.
View all of the topics you've posted in:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=topics
View all of your posts:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/search/?action=show_user&show_as=posts
Forum tips:
Don't title topics something like “HELP ME!!!”. It's not helpful, and won't get you as many responses.
Don't post in topics where the latest post is over ~2 months old, unless you have something critical to add. Especially in topics that are several years old- it isn't helpful, and is known as necroposting.
Don't post unrelated things in topics, including questions of your own. Make a new topic for your questions.
You can use the
 [code] and [/code] 
tags to show other users how to format something that Scratch would otherwise format.
You can use the
 [color=color name or hexadecimal value here] and [/color] 
tags to color text.
Little-known Scratch URLs:
scratch.pizza (redirects to main page)
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/PROJECT ID HERE/remixtree (replace “PROJECT ID HERE” with project id number. Shows all the remixes of the project, and the remixes of those projects, and the remixes of those projects, and so on, as a chart. Link currently redirects to one of my projects)
arandomperson500
Scratcher
2 posts

School IT

same

Last edited by arandomperson500 (Yesterday 22:03:24)

Sent from Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563