darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

codeninjaswb wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

codeninjaswb wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

Just bringing this up again you get muted for saying fart.
well me and my friend dont get muted for saying fart. huh. weird.
No like before all you has to say was “fart” by itself and it would mute you don’t know why
it used to but now its fine for some people i guess idk
It was pretty strange

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Don’t forget the waffles!

darkfurry1 wrote:

Ah, you expected my famous “insert cool image here” quote but it has been removed for space I had a good time scratching with y’all it’s been 4 years I think it’s time I retire it’s kinda boring and I have stuff to do In life as well, have fun!
last updated: 7/18/21 (side note: Fully tangerine and kumquat proof : D)
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

mtech22 wrote:

-0Nebula0- wrote:

Someone got muted for saying “yes”.
that's all? what did they say before that?
I would have said the same thing but then we have the “I got muted for singularly typing fart in my comment box and getting muted for submitting the comment” situation wouldn’t have existed

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Don’t forget the waffles!

darkfurry1 wrote:

Ah, you expected my famous “insert cool image here” quote but it has been removed for space I had a good time scratching with y’all it’s been 4 years I think it’s time I retire it’s kinda boring and I have stuff to do In life as well, have fun!
codeninjaswb
Scratcher
67 posts

oh and someone said “well thank you” just that and they got muted for 1 hour
Western_Equestrian
Scratcher
39 posts

if you try to say 8 and ish (together with no space… I dont want to get banned again so im not going to actually type it) in a comment or description scratch will filter it

Ok ST, We’re sick of asking, just change the studio’s back. I’m considering leaving because of how ableist this is!
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Western_Equestrian wrote:

if you try to say 8 and ish (together with no space… I dont want to get banned again so im not going to actually type it) in a comment or description scratch will filter it
you can't get muted from the forums

it must be counting it as a workaround for something? I can see that it might be but I'm unsure

Last edited by mtech22 (May 25, 2021 20:38:43)

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
Western_Equestrian
Scratcher
39 posts

mtech22 wrote:

it must be counting it as a workaround for something?

1. thanks for telling me that, 2. I have no idea what it would be

Ok ST, We’re sick of asking, just change the studio’s back. I’m considering leaving because of how ableist this is!
alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

mtech22 wrote:

Hmm…maybe it thinks you are trying to disguise things.

Example: Initiate can be rewritten as Initi*te (very simple) Initiat3 (simple) !n!t!at3 (medium) !n!t!4t3 (disguised a lot)

Except obviously bad words or whatever. So maybe it thinks you're trying to do something like that but I'm not sure what letter ‘8’ would be…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIVhLseK8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y-KCEt_qw

LATWLY I BEEN DRESSNG FOR REVENGEEEE
I DONT START- BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW IT EDNEDSSS DONT GET SAD GET EVENNN
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You mean like 8ish? Put the tag [] inside it just to make sure it isn't censored: 8i[sh].

Anyway, I think it has inappropriate meanings off of Scratch.

darkfurry1 wrote:

“I got muted for singularly typing fart in my comment box and getting muted for submitting the comment”
Fart is famous for getting you muted.

codeninjaswb wrote:

oh and someone said “well thank you” just that and they got muted for 1 hour
Anything else said with it? Will try on alt.

https://scratch.mit.edu/users/TheForumer/#comments-143046328

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | 6000+ Posts>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

Western_Equestrian
Scratcher
39 posts

alex11sf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

Example: Initiate can be rewritten as Initi*te (very simple) Initiat3 (simple) !n!t!at3 (medium) !n!t!4t3 (disguised a lot)

Except obviously bad words or whatever. So maybe it thinks you're trying to do something like that but I'm not sure what letter ‘8’ would be…

oh I think I get why its banned now I think the 8 is a b and saying bish can be code for a word that… definitely would not be allowed on scratch

alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

alex11sf wrote:

mtech22 wrote:

oh I think I get why its banned now I think the 8 is a b and saying bish can be code for a word that… definitely would not be allowed on scratch
ahhhh makes sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIVhLseK8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y-KCEt_qw

LATWLY I BEEN DRESSNG FOR REVENGEEEE
I DONT START- BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW IT EDNEDSSS DONT GET SAD GET EVENNN
builderarmando
Scratcher
76 posts

I went into some project and I said h and it didn't let me it told me I sent the same message a bunch of times and to not spam when it wasn't spam

this may be a glitch in the filter
annathevoiceactress
Scratcher
1 post

help me please!!

i commented on my main (@skattertwin2) about a wattpad account that i made, but it said that i was either sharing or asking for personal information and that i couldn't comment again for five minutes.

ok.

so then after five minutes i re-worded the comment and tried again.

five more minutes.

ok, fine.

and then get this:

no matter what i do, it won't let me comment!!!!! i literally can't-

i tried commenting on my main's profile with my alt account (@-autumnaurora-) and even censored the words wattpad account so they looked like this: wattp*d acc*unt…

30 MORE MINUTES

WHAT THE HECK??????

I CAN'T COMMENT AT ALL?????

the only way i can even post this post is because i have a va account- and i'm not even sure if THIS will post dear god

h e l p m e

Last edited by annathevoiceactress (May 26, 2021 02:22:36)

mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

annathevoiceactress wrote:

help me please!!

i commented on my main (@skattertwin2) about a wattpad account that i made, but it said that i was either sharing or asking for personal information and that i couldn't comment again for five minutes.

ok.

so then after five minutes i re-worded the comment and tried again.

five more minutes.

ok , fine.

and then get this:

no matter what i do, it won't let me comment!!!!! i literally can't-

i tried commenting on my main's profile with my alt account (@-autumnaurora-) and even censored the words wattpad account so they looked like this: wattp*d acc*unt…

30 MORE MINUTES

WHAT THE HECK??????

I CAN'T COMMENT AT ALL?????

the only way i can even post this post is because i have a va account- and i'm not even sure if THIS will post dear god

h e l p m e
Wattpad has inappropriate content, unmoderated chat and private messaging therefore should not be linked in scratch. The filterbot was correct in doing this

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

IrakKari_
Scratcher
2 posts

I got comment banned for 5 minutes saying my comment held a bad word when it didn't.

So basically, I was on this game called ‘Forgotten’, a Platformer. The end was glitchy and the owner knew that, and asked to see what was wrong with the end. I told the owner you fall through the ground, and a suggestion and got comment banned for 5 minutes.
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IrakKari_ wrote:

comment banned
comment banned for 5 minutes.
btw it's called being muted

Lm / She/her / D&D DM / April 3rd /
10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

IrakKari_ wrote:

I got comment banned for 5 minutes saying my comment held a bad word when it didn't.

So basically, I was on this game called ‘Forgotten’, a Platformer. The end was glitchy and the owner knew that, and asked to see what was wrong with the end. I told the owner you fall through the ground, and a suggestion (without any offensive words, and I would think it's constructive) and got comment banned for 5 minutes.
Yes. Getting muted for 5 minutes when you were only trying to post a helpful and constructive comment is an issue. But, in order for the Scratch Team to be able to make any corrections and help other people, you need to post your exact comment or at least as close as you can. I don’t really like that the Scratch Team is teaching people that some words have alternate bad meanings but sometimes they allow those words to be used if the alternate meanings are obscure and the legitimate usage is common.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I changed the brackets to parentheses in your quote. Otherwise your statement “ (without any offensive words, and I would think it's constructive)” does not show up. It’s just how the forum software deals with brackets and not a big deal but I had intended to mention it.

Last edited by 10goto10 (May 26, 2021 19:12:23)

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

Western_Equestrian
Scratcher
39 posts

IrakKari_ wrote:

So basically, I was on this game called ‘Forgotten’, a Platformer. The end was glitchy and the owner knew that, and asked to see what was wrong with the end. I told the owner you fall through the ground, and a suggestion and got comment banned for 5 minutes.

what exactly did you say? there might have been a word that can be code for other words in it, scratch can be either very touchy with that stuff, or not touchy enough

darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

han614698 wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

“I got muted for singularly typing fart in my comment box and getting muted for submitting the comment”
Fart is famous for getting you muted.
Agreed.

darkfurry1 wrote:

creeperguy999
Scratcher
1 post

I was making a character for an RP and it said there was a bad word.

I was going to show you what it was going to be, but it still says bad word when I put it in here too
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperguy999 wrote:

I was making a character for an RP and it said there was a bad word.

I was going to show you what it was going to be, but it still says bad word when I put it in here too
the forums doesn't do that, it just censors it