Discuss Scratch

miniepicness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

Hello! I made this topic before you made this one, so I think this is a filter issue
because eventually it will filter links of projects (see more in the link).
stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm trying to make an ‘achievements log’ in the credits section and I'm trying to type:
19/02/17 - 800+ views?! *mind blown*
Now, contrary to what you might think, it's actually the ‘800+’ bit that is setting it off, not the ‘mind blown’ as you might think. Also, I've done the (number+) views thing before on the same project, but that's all ok. Here's my whole log so far:
═════════════════ ★Achievements ★ ═════════════
18/02/17 - FRONT PAGED FOR THE SDS! So amazing!
18/02/17 - 700+ views?! *faint*
16/02/17 - 600+ views?! What?!
15/02/17 - 500+ views! Seriously?!
13/02/17 - 400+ views?! How??!!
11/02/17 - 300+ views??? Thanks you so much guys!

See? it's really annoying and weird.
Thanks everybody!
That's probably the “generic” phone filter - the one that blocks commercial prefixes like 1800, rather than the specific one that blocks specific 10-digit numbers with Xs.

I think they should stop filtering generic ones since they interfere so much with typing dates, but I don't know if that's rejected - removing the specific one is.










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!




or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
Drunken_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

stickfiregames wrote:

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm trying to make an ‘achievements log’ in the credits section and I'm trying to type:
19/02/17 - 800+ views?! *mind blown*
Now, contrary to what you might think, it's actually the ‘800+’ bit that is setting it off, not the ‘mind blown’ as you might think. Also, I've done the (number+) views thing before on the same project, but that's all ok. Here's my whole log so far:
═════════════════ ★Achievements ★ ═════════════
18/02/17 - FRONT PAGED FOR THE SDS! So amazing!
18/02/17 - 700+ views?! *faint*
16/02/17 - 600+ views?! What?!
15/02/17 - 500+ views! Seriously?!
13/02/17 - 400+ views?! How??!!
11/02/17 - 300+ views??? Thanks you so much guys!

See? it's really annoying and weird.
Thanks everybody!
That's probably the “generic” phone filter - the one that blocks commercial prefixes like 1800, rather than the specific one that blocks specific 10-digit numbers with Xs.

I think they should stop filtering generic ones since they interfere so much with typing dates, but I don't know if that's rejected - removing the specific one is.
Ok thanks! XD

HurculesAnimator
Scratcher
21 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

It somehow thinks there's something wrong here: http://https/imageshack.com./18077583_60x60.png

Last edited by HurculesAnimator (March 1, 2017 21:48:36)

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

HurculesAnimator wrote:

It somehow thinks there's something wrong here: http://https/imageshack.com./18077583_60x60.png
Won't load for me. Can you type it in?


I like making quality, challenging platformers! Please check them out! Don't like platformers? There's always art and other games!


ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 63%










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

JonathanSchaffer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

“kys” is banned. is that supposed to happen?

do you like siri, alexa, cortana, or google assistant, but can't buy an iphone, echo, or google home?

then try alice!

alice is a wonderful virtual assistant that works on linux and is tested on raspberry pi*
she can play music, search online, answer questions, tell jokes, give you the date and time, and plenty of other things

*you may need to install additional software like python 2, libttspico-utils, and timidity
scratcher21161
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

I tried typing difficulty but 1 month ago it said it was a bad word

You look like you want to see an epic project or 2
Can I reach 1000 followers? Every follow counts!
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

JonathanSchaffer wrote:

“kys” is banned. is that supposed to happen?
Yes… it is… xD

Least I imagine so.

Last edited by braxbroscratcher (March 8, 2017 15:24:42)



My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom










Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

braxbroscratcher wrote:

JonathanSchaffer wrote:

“kys” is banned. is that supposed to happen?
Yes… it is… xD

Least I imagine so.
Yeah - that's a really unfriendly thing to say.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
dragon_crystal
Scratcher
6 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
dragon_crystal
Scratcher
6 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

One time I tried to write this
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐ But it says its bad and be respectful but doge is not bad word Why doge no work :mad:
P-Code
Scratcher
500+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

dragon_crystal wrote:

One time I tried to write this
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐ But it says its bad and be respectful but doge is not bad word Why doge no work :mad:
The filter may have blocked it because ASCII art can be spammy.

P - C O D E
Powered by creativity

“Excuse me, sir, can you direct me to de naval base in Alameda? It's vere dey keep de nuclear wessels. Nu-cle-ar wessels.” - Pavel Chekov, Stаr Тrеk IV: Тhе Voyаge Ноmе

Need to search the forums? You can use Google, Bing, or any search engine.

Did you find my post helpful? If you did, why not boost my Internet count?
braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

P-Code wrote:

dragon_crystal wrote:

One time I tried to write this
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐ But it says its bad and be respectful but doge is not bad word Why doge no work :mad:
The filter may have blocked it because ASCII art can be spammy.
I think the characters in ascii art have been blocked recently because of the spam.


My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom










Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
racer2014
Scratcher
29 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 56.0.2924.87, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
here is the text:
████████▓▒░r a c e r 2 0 1 4░▒▓████████

They marked this as “bad word.”
But this is not a bad word…
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

racer2014 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 56.0.2924.87, Flash 25.0 (release 0)
here is the text:
████████▓▒░r a c e r 2 0 1 4░▒▓████████

They marked this as “bad word.”
But this is not a bad word…
It's probably the same reason that ASCII art doesn't work; the characters commonly used (█, ▓, ▒, and ░) have been blocked to prevent spamming.

Drunken_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

I'm RPing and trying to write ‘he sniggered’ but the filter keeps going off. I understand probably why it is going off, but it could at least recognize the ‘s’ and the ‘ed’…

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm RPing and trying to write ‘he sniggered’ but the filter keeps going off. I understand probably why it is going off, but it could at least recognize the ‘s’ and the ‘ed’…
There's a racial slur in there. Don't you mean “he snickered”?


I like making quality, challenging platformers! Please check them out! Don't like platformers? There's always art and other games!


ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 63%










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

Drunken_Sailor
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

jromagnoli wrote:

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm RPing and trying to write ‘he sniggered’ but the filter keeps going off. I understand probably why it is going off, but it could at least recognize the ‘s’ and the ‘ed’…
There's a racial slur in there. Don't you mean “he snickered”?
I understand, but I would always say that ‘he sniggered’ as a small laugh.

stickfiregames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

jromagnoli wrote:

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm RPing and trying to write ‘he sniggered’ but the filter keeps going off. I understand probably why it is going off, but it could at least recognize the ‘s’ and the ‘ed’…
There's a racial slur in there. Don't you mean “he snickered”?
“sniggered” is British, and presumably other Commonwealth countries as well.










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!




or you just used Inspect Element, you hacker

;
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

stickfiregames wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

Drunken_Sailor wrote:

I'm RPing and trying to write ‘he sniggered’ but the filter keeps going off. I understand probably why it is going off, but it could at least recognize the ‘s’ and the ‘ed’…
There's a racial slur in there. Don't you mean “he snickered”?
“sniggered” is British, and presumably other Commonwealth countries as well.
Actually, “sniggered” is simply a synonym, and not a Commonwealth-country-specific word.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile