Discuss Scratch

Banguila
Scratcher
89 posts

Report Description/Comment Filter Issues Here

scratchykit5743 wrote:

Banguila wrote:

Apparently, the word ‘co-manager’ is blacklisted, since in a studio the filter-bot said that that word is disrespectful.
Are you sure it was that word? I'd need more context to fully figure it out. I don't think “coma”, which is the hidden word there, is blacklisted.

Yep, I had made another studio for fixing the other studio's description, and the filter-bot only stopped saying that it was disrespectful when I erased 'ger' from 'co-manager' I don't see anything wrong with ‘ger’ or ‘ager’ though,
builderarmando
Scratcher
76 posts

co-manager
alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Banguila wrote:

scratchykit5743 wrote:

Banguila wrote:

Apparently, the word ‘co-manager’ is blacklisted, since in a studio the filter-bot said that that word is disrespectful.
Are you sure it was that word? I'd need more context to fully figure it out. I don't think “coma”, which is the hidden word there, is blacklisted.

Yep, I had made another studio for fixing the other studio's description, and the filter-bot only stopped saying that it was disrespectful when I erased 'ger' from 'co-manager' I don't see anything wrong with ‘ger’ or ‘ager’ though,
Hmm….weird!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIVhLseK8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y-KCEt_qw

LATWLY I BEEN DRESSNG FOR REVENGEEEE
I DONT START- BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW IT EDNEDSSS DONT GET SAD GET EVENNN
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

builderarmando wrote:

co-manager
It’ll be fine here because it uses a simpler filter bot so you can’t really be muted I here I think?

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Don’t forget the waffles!

darkfurry1 wrote:

Ah, you expected my famous “insert cool image here” quote but it has been removed for space I had a good time scratching with y’all it’s been 4 years I think it’s time I retire it’s kinda boring and I have stuff to do In life as well, have fun!
last updated: 7/18/21 (side note: Fully tangerine and kumquat proof : D)
10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

Banguila wrote:

I tested co-manager and co_manager and co!manager - all were flagged. If there is a space between co and manager then that is fine.

The filterbot seems to go out of its way to find something to flag if a special character is used.

The text after co-ma is in the urban dictionary as an alternate for an objectionable word.

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

WindowsMeRules2000
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was blocked from commenting because I typed part of the FitnessGram pacer test script using bad grammar. I can't say what I typed because I'll get blocked again, so here's a project with what I typed: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/534568890/ (not advertising btw)

Having trouble with My Stuff, or profile comments? Discuss the issues here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/727967/
Hello, I’m WindowsMeRules2000. I am mainly active on Questions about Scratch, Help with Scripts, Suggestions, and Bugs and Glitches, and I often reply to posts with zero responses. I like Love Live! and Doki Doki Literature Club. Follow me so I can get to 2K!

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.

(๑\>◡\<๑ :: sensing) // This is Sayori, she spreads positive vibes
(¬_¬ :: #ffc2fd) // This is Natsuki, she prevents dupe suggestions and identifies rejected suggestions
(ーー; :: looks) // This is Yuri, she answers questions in the QaS forum
(:\) :: pen) // This is Monika, she helps people in the Help with Scripts forum

Marc92020
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindowsMeRules2000 wrote:

I was blocked from commenting because I typed part of the FitnessGram pacer test script using bad grammar. I can't say what I typed because I'll get blocked again, so here's a project with what I typed: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/534568890/ (not advertising btw)
The forum has a different filter system and if you say something that might not be good (like a bad word) it will just censor it and you won't get blocked so you can say what you said that got you blocked

Marc92020
i do stuff

image updates whenever i check
Scratcher
100+ posts

Magical_Reader wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

Magical_Reader wrote:

I have a complaint. The bad word detector does not work!! My friend got blocked for over an hour because she said “Eiffel” and “Lori”
That's really annoying and I am really mad about that.
Are you sure that’s all of it or did they say more? You can say the whole message this forum uses a simpler filter bot
They said this for an RP:
“I'm Paris. I love waffles, and my swords' name is Eiffel. And my best friend's name is Lori.”
(Many people said the same thing but with different names.)
Maybe it's sword? (And if you don't know you cannot get muted on the forums)

нι, ι αм 831985. fσℓℓσω ѕσ уσυ ¢αи вє αℓєят ωнєи му ¢σσℓ gαмєѕ ¢σмє συт.
ᴀᴅᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sɪɢɢʏ ok why scratch you rickrolled me
Hey, this is my signature! Check out my games! be happy and have fun!
How to do colored text? IF YOUTUBE LINK INCLUDES dQw4w9WgXcQ IT IS PROBABLY A RICKROLL! LOOKIT THE PROOF HERE
forever
follow 831985
end
SEVERE GLITCH

If a question mark appears in editor, then reload or close tab WITHOUT SAVING or it's permanent. 
forever
be happy
end

(x_x)                            Please kumquat don't eat my siggy
(^w^) This is Kumtea, she protects my siggy

Put this in the bottom of your siggy when you first see this “meow” said scratch cat
Scratcher
100+ posts

831985 wrote:

Magical_Reader wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

Magical_Reader wrote:

I have a complaint. The bad word detector does not work!! My friend got blocked for over an hour because she said “Eiffel” and “Lori”
That's really annoying and I am really mad about that.
Are you sure that’s all of it or did they say more? You can say the whole message this forum uses a simpler filter bot
“I'm Paris. I love waffles, and my swords' name is Eiffel. And my best friend's name is Lori.”
Maybe it's sword? (And if you don't know you cannot get muted on the forums)
But, you said it was something many people said…maybe it's just for them? (Because I got muted for saying kindness sparkles bc I did not know chainmail was bad, but my friend didn't, she was in a different location, instead of us like me, uk)

нι, ι αм 831985. fσℓℓσω ѕσ уσυ ¢αи вє αℓєят ωнєи му ¢σσℓ gαмєѕ ¢σмє συт.
ᴀᴅᴅ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴘ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sɪɢɢʏ ok why scratch you rickrolled me
Hey, this is my signature! Check out my games! be happy and have fun!
How to do colored text? IF YOUTUBE LINK INCLUDES dQw4w9WgXcQ IT IS PROBABLY A RICKROLL! LOOKIT THE PROOF HERE
forever
follow 831985
end
SEVERE GLITCH

If a question mark appears in editor, then reload or close tab WITHOUT SAVING or it's permanent. 
forever
be happy
end

(x_x)                            Please kumquat don't eat my siggy
(^w^) This is Kumtea, she protects my siggy

Put this in the bottom of your siggy when you first see this “meow” said scratch cat
_Intr0Outr0_
Scratcher
4 posts

indeed

when green flag clicked
say [Sup. Im Onikun And I Do Gacha!] for (2) secs
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

10goto10 wrote:

Banguila wrote:

I tested co-manager and co_manager and co!manager - all were flagged. If there is a space between co and manager then that is fine.

The filterbot seems to go out of its way to find something to flag if a special character is used.

The text after co-ma is in the urban dictionary as an alternate for an objectionable word.

Thanks for debugging this! I was able to fix this with a filter adjustment.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
plqaokwsijeduhrfyg
Scratcher
500+ posts

Magical_Reader wrote:

Many people saying it might have made the filter detect it as a chain message and temporarily block it. (I remember something hearing about something similar once.)

Last edited by plqaokwsijeduhrfyg (May 24, 2021 18:58:43)

Banana stew

Generation 5: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

my signature

Also my signature

still my signature
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just bringing this up again you get muted for saying fart.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Don’t forget the waffles!

darkfurry1 wrote:

Ah, you expected my famous “insert cool image here” quote but it has been removed for space I had a good time scratching with y’all it’s been 4 years I think it’s time I retire it’s kinda boring and I have stuff to do In life as well, have fun!
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

darkfurry1 wrote:

Nvm this was patched

darkfurry1 wrote:

codeninjaswb
Scratcher
67 posts

darkfurry1 wrote:

well me and my friend dont get muted for saying fart. huh. weird.
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

codeninjaswb wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

No like before all you has to say was “fart” by itself and it would mute you don’t know why

darkfurry1 wrote:

-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Someone got muted for saying “yes”.
codeninjaswb
Scratcher
67 posts

darkfurry1 wrote:

codeninjaswb wrote:

darkfurry1 wrote:

No like before all you has to say was “fart” by itself and it would mute you don’t know why
it used to but now its fine for some people i guess idk
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-0Nebula0- wrote:

that's all? what did they say before that?

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
darkfurry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

-0Nebula0- wrote:

The scratch filter bot is strange.

darkfurry1 wrote: