Scratcher
37 posts

The Sonic Shipping Topic!

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Erikthonius wrote:

Ian123asd wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

NEW RULE
No joke/meme ships. This includes ships posted solely to agitate another user.

I've seen an influx of these kinds of posts as of late. They add nothing to the conversation and make the forum less enjoyable for people who want to use it legitimately. They are no longer permitted henceforth.
Okay, rule noted!

Anyway, it's been a long time since I arrived this topic!

So, to get a conversation moving, which Sonic pair works better, Sonally or Sonamy? Also which Blaze pair works better, Sonaze, Shadaze, or Silvaze?
I vote Shadaze. Blaze has never thought of Silver as anything more than a brother, and her first proper interaction with Sonic was heated combat. Shadow and Blaze are highly similar and, having never met before leaves, should I say…
Endless Possibility.
Didn't Blaze later warm up (no pun intended) and become friendlier to Sonic?
True, but it still shows she is willing to inflict physical harm upon him. And even if that's changed, she's never showed any romantic interest.
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dinoguy8 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

So where do we talk about those ships? I mean, not that I personally want to hear about them, but I'd imagine the entire reason this topic was created was because people were bugged by those ships.
Back in about 2016(ish), many users got agitated at/tried of shipping related posts on the main Sonic topic. This resulted in frequent flaming and trolling, so this topic was created as a way for shippers to post without causing an upset. Those ships, as you put it, I consider to be in the same spirit as the flamebait of threads past (even if they are made with no ill-intent).
If someone genuinely wants to continue discussing joke/meme ships, a new topic can be created. But I highly doubt that anyone would get enjoyment out of it other than trolling.
I have no argument against that.
Just make sure they don't throw 'em into the actual Sonic Topic instead.

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
superspongebobbros
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So this is the Sonic shipping topic I've been hearing all about… hm.

Fun Fact: If you are a furry and claim that there is nothing wrong with your fanbase, then you are deluding yourself.
(This game is noice)
(Same with this game.)
Topics I'm likely to be in:
Sonic
Mario
Thing that ruined the Mario fanbase R. I. P.
Other thing that ruined the Mario fanbase

Wario
Baldi

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superspongebobbros wrote:

So it took you like a year to discover this?! Ö

Anyway, a majority of the Sonic fanfics on Fanfiction.net are Romance. Probably because people like to see cartoon animals kissing and doing stuff, which isn't romantic mostly. The second largest genre is Adventure, in case you're wondering. If you're going to question me, romance is about character development and their abstract emotions, not what they do to each other.

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (Jan. 12, 2019 23:32:22)

Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

hahasamian wrote:

So where do we talk about those ships? I mean, not that I personally want to hear about them, but I'd imagine the entire reason this topic was created was because people were bugged by those ships.
Back in about 2016(ish), many users got agitated at/tried of shipping related posts on the main Sonic topic. This resulted in frequent flaming and trolling, so this topic was created as a way for shippers to post without causing an upset. Those ships, as you put it, I consider to be in the same spirit as the flamebait of threads past (even if they are made with no ill-intent).
If someone genuinely wants to continue discussing joke/meme ships, a new topic can be created. But I highly doubt that anyone would get enjoyment out of it other than trolling.
I have no argument against that.
Just make sure they don't throw 'em into the actual Sonic Topic instead.
There are strict rules against that, so I doubt it will happen. (knock on wood)

Last edited by Dinoguy8 (Jan. 12, 2019 23:44:29)

SonicFan91
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ian123asd wrote:

Dinoguy8 wrote:

NEW RULE

I've seen an influx of these kinds of posts as of late. They add nothing to the conversation and make the forum less enjoyable for people who want to use it legitimately. They are no longer permitted henceforth.
Okay, rule noted!

So, to get a conversation moving, which Sonic pair works better, Sonally or Sonamy? Also which Blaze pair works better, Sonaze, Shadaze, or Silvaze?
Yes! Thank goodness for that rule.

Yeah, I missed this place… I always read the new posts, though. Maybe I should come back to this topic now that things seem to be mostly calm (for the moment, at least), and also now that my love of the Sonic franchise has been rejuvenated….

And anyway, I personally think Sonally works better. Sonamy is actually very cute and all, but Sonic doesn't really want to be in a relationship with Amy, while she still desperately does with him. It's one-sided, I guess? But they still almost always make great friends and teammates all the same.

Sonic and Sally, however, have learned to at least tolerate each other as more than friends. And although they have tried out some relationships with other people (or have also tried to focus on other things besides their romance instead), with time and patience, they do eventually discover and truly realize their love for each other, and they end up together, happily ever after. Everything just simply falls into place, like the pieces of a puzzle.

The Blaze ships are more difficult, however.

Silver and Blaze do start out with a sort of brother-sister like relationship, but it hadn't been that way for their whole lives, and it wouldn't be like that in the future, either. (Kind of like Barry and Iris on The Flash, I guess?)

Shadow and Blaze do have a lot of potential as a couple as well. But, even though Blaze can be as cold as Shadow sometimes, she probably wasn't like that from the very very beginning, and a little bit of her might want someone more lighthearted. (I guess you could say the same for Shadow, but this is just how I feel on the matter.)

Sonic and Blaze make a lovely pair. However, they seem more like teammates. Their personalities just don't mesh together as well as Blaze's does with Silver or Shadow. Sonic is so energetic and light-hearted that Blaze might get too frustrated with him, while Shadow and Blaze can see more eye-to-eye on issues, and Silver and Blaze can protect each other, and be all mushy.

In the end, I think Sonic goes best with Sally, and Silver goes best with Blaze. But these are just my opinions, and how I see things.

I don't know if any of that reallymade any sense at all, either, but that was just me trying to make a careful analysis for the answer to your question.

Last edited by SonicFan91 (Jan. 13, 2019 00:54:34)

“I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.” - a website called “Funny Puns”
superspongebobbros
Scratcher
1000+ posts

superspongebobbros wrote:

So it took you like a year to discover this?! Ö

Anyway, a majority of the Sonic fanfics on Fanfiction.net are Romance. Probably because people like to see cartoon animals kissing and doing stuff, which isn't romantic mostly. The second largest genre is Adventure, in case you're wondering. If you're going to question me, romance is about character development and their abstract emotions, not what they do to each other.
I knew it existed, I just didn't care.

Fun Fact: If you are a furry and claim that there is nothing wrong with your fanbase, then you are deluding yourself.
(This game is noice)
(Same with this game.)
Topics I'm likely to be in:
Sonic
Mario
Thing that ruined the Mario fanbase R. I. P.
Other thing that ruined the Mario fanbase

Wario
Baldi

XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dinoguy8 wrote:

NEW RULE

Absolutely wonderfully said.

Ian123asd wrote:

Okay, rule noted!

Well, this isn't very hard to answer for either. xP

I've had a huge soft spot for Sonally since I got into the Archie series and started watching SatAM. Considering it's been canon in not one spin-off, but two, there's at least that going for it. I can't see Sonamy ever being a serious thing unless Sonic himself actually makes it so, because of how one-sided it is… That's not to say I don't think it'd work, but again, it'd pretty much be up to him. I do think it'd be pretty cute though.

As for the Blaze trifecta, anyone who's been around here long enough knows which of the three I support most– Silvaze, of course! I think it's definitely the most likely candidate of these three to become canon, because of a) ‘06 and their already-established relationship, and b) even if they don’t remember each other or are just really close friends, they still get paired up a lot long after '06. You fight the two of them in the DS Story Mode of the Vancouver Olympics, they are one of the specific pairs to have a pair victory animation in the Sochi and Rio games, they appear together in Sonic Colors DS, AND, something unique to JUST THEM is that they have lots of matching Sonic Channel art!! Like these! And these! These too!!! (Six links total)
Now none of this proves that the relationship is canon, but, it does show that their relationship is still very much acknowledged and hinted at.
(and then we have the special issue of IDW Sonic with the two of them which I'm real hyped about)

Shadaze…… Ehhhhhhhhhh…. Yeah, not so much. (four links)

I think Sonaze could definitely work, though! They had some great interactions in the Rush games and some other more minor ones in a few of the more recent ones (Generations, Colors (?)), and there were the kinda tease-y little moments at the end of both games. I used to ship it, but now it's much more platonic.

TL;DR, Sonally and Silvaze, and that's all she wrote.

Never say never.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

Shadaze…… Ehhhhhhhhhh…. Yeah, not so much. (four links)
How to make the Shadaze army cry
imjustherefortheshow
Scratcher
4 posts

who do you guys ship eggman with
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

imjustherefortheshow wrote:

Eggwoman

imjustherefortheshow
Scratcher
4 posts

Dinoguy8 wrote:

gonna have to assume this is a troll… move along, people.
no i'm just genuinely curious
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dinoguy8 wrote:

gonna have to assume this is a troll… move along, people.
no i'm just genuinely curious
alright, if you say so.
XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I honestly thought Eggman’s “crush” on Ella in the Sonic X comics was hilarious. Don’t exactly ship it, but I figured it’s worth mentioning. ‘X3

Never say never.
Erikthonius
Scratcher
37 posts

Vanilla.
I'm going to regret revealing that, aren't I?
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Erikthonius wrote:

Vanilla.

SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Erikthonius wrote:

Vanilla.
I ship Eggman and… ahhhh… ummm… THE MEAN BEAN MACHINE!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

Erikthonius wrote:

Vanilla.
I ship Eggman and… ahhhh… ummm… THE MEAN BEAN MACHINE!
I just posted a meme ship. I’ve screwed up. Where is the Mean Bean Machine anyway?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

I just posted a meme ship. I’ve screwed up.
I consider this to be an in-context joke, not a form of bait or trolling. You're fine.