Just so people know, full list of ships I support, please don't judge:

(MAY CHANGE OVER TIME)

Sonelise
Taiream
Knuxouge
Silvamy
Chaosikal
Shadaze*

* = Immune to above disclaimer. This is PERMANANT.
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Sonic Shipping Topic!

Erikthonius wrote:

(MAY CHANGE OVER TIME)

Sonelise
Taiream
Knuxouge
Silvamy
Chaosikal
Shadaze*

ಠ_ಠ
(I had to judge.)

Erikthonius
Scratcher
37 posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

Erikthonius wrote:

(MAY CHANGE OVER TIME)

Sonelise
Taiream
Knuxouge
Silvamy
Chaosikal
Shadaze*

ಠ_ಠ
(I had to judge.)
As long as ya don't critisize me for it, which I trust you won't.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Deleted]

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (April 3, 2021 23:39:27)

XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Silver and Blaze are getting their own story in the comics, AND two of my favorite artists are collaborating on it?!!!

SIGN. ME. UP!!!!! DD

And Whisper and Tangle are getting their own story?? That’s gonna be interesting for sure!

Never say never.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

Silver and Blaze are getting their own story in the comics, AND two of my favorite artists are collaborating on it?!!!

SIGN. ME. UP!!!!! DD

And Whisper and Tangle are getting their own story?? That’s gonna be interesting for sure!
Wrong topic m8, also you nearly made me hate myself.
XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPandaLover wrote:

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

SIGN. ME. UP!!!!! DD

Wrong topic m8

Uhh, not really. (:3 If it has to do with two Sonic characters in a pair it technically can go here.

where anyone can talk about their favorite Sonic The Hedgehog pairings!

Maybe a bit of a loophole but still— xP

Never say never.
PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

SIGN. ME. UP!!!!! DD

Wrong topic m8

Uhh, not really. (:3 If it has to do with two Sonic characters in a pair it technically can go here.

If the pairing was portrayed as romantic, then it's allowed, else, it belongs on the main Sonic topic.

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (April 2, 2021 19:16:41)

XxThe_Black_FoxX
Scratcher
1000+ posts

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

SIGN. ME. UP!!!!! DD

Wrong topic m8

If the pairing was portrayed as romantic, then it's allowed, else, it belongs on the main Sonic topic.

Well, it very well could be, hehe!! Cx

Never say never.
Dinoguy8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hey guys topic creator here
If the user in question infers two characters are in a pairing (romantic or otherwise), it's allowed. For example…

XxThe_Black_FoxX wrote:

Well, it very well could be, hehe!! Cx
So, what XxThe_Black_FoxX originally posted is allowed.

The OP's text has been modified to prevent further confusion and to seal the loophole.

Dinoguy8 wrote:

This is a place where anyone can talk about their favorite Sonic The Hedgehog pairings, platonic or romantic!

Last edited by Dinoguy8 (Dec. 22, 2018 01:02:38)

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Deleted]

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (April 3, 2021 23:39:44)

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Me when someone decides to bring Maria back to life as a hedgehog and pairs her with Shadow:

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(source)

Anonymous wrote:

Hey, spioler alert ;)
Just to let you know Shadow and Amy hook up in the future and have a son….Ahem….Hint Hint….Wink Wink….(Silver)
Scooperax
Scratcher
100+ posts

(source)

Anonymous wrote:

Hey, spioler alert ;)
Just to let you know Shadow and Amy hook up in the future and have a son….Ahem….Hint Hint….Wink Wink….(Silver)
“spioler”

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(deleted)

Last edited by PrincessPandaLover (March 9, 2021 20:07:51)

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(removed)

Last edited by PrincessPanda_test_ (March 9, 2021 20:08:34)

hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hahasamian's first (and hopefully last) Sonic shipping rant.
A deep study into why shipping doesn't resonate with some of us.

Everyone, I have something to say about shipping and why exactly it can weird me out, have me offended, etc.
First of all, I actually don't see anything inherently wrong with taking two characters and saying, “oh, they could be a couple. That'd be cute.” I don't see anything necessarily wrong with that unless the chosen pair… shows some level of perversion
Problem number one: perverted ships
but otherwise, yeah, the concept can be cute. I personally think something between Cream and Tails would just be sorta adorable, judge me if you want. I came up with this before I ever heard about this nuts shipping stuff, so keep that in mind, but yeah, I don't see anything inherently wrong with the concept of Cream and Tails being a couple.
Then you get to how exactly we go about showcasing our ship through writing or artwork, and then…
Problem number two: disturbing execution
I mean, I guess we all have different tolerance levels for this sort of thing, but some of this artwork is just weird-looking, or downright disturbing. Adult Cream and adult Tails doing who-knows-what together just looks weird. And seeing Tails and Cream making out just seems to lose the adorable innocence the ship would be going for anyway. I don't want to see that, just maybe some cute, funny interactions between the characters, showing the promise or at least the possibility that someday, they shall be wed. You don't even need to show that day, just promise that it comes.
Take MegaMan Battle Network for example. There is one canon ship for one of the two main characters, Lan. That ship would be… Maylan, or however you want to put it together. In the last game, Battle Network 6 (a game I treasure dearly in my heart as the first Mega Man game I beat in more than 20 hours), they have a little epilogue bit to conclude the entire series. Now this bit gets kind of hated on for not really displaying anything new or interesting on the screen, but it tells the rest of the story in past-tense from the perspective of a future Lan. And in my opinion, it's pretty good and sometimes just kinda funny. Dex, that weird guy who operates GutsGuts.exe or something? Yeah, he actually became mayor of ACDC. Yai, the short, rich girl who also kinda got the short end of the stick in some games? She inherited her father's business and has expanded it. Iris and Colonel? Well, we still haven't heard from them apparently, we'll tell you if we find some Ghost Data! Dr. Wily, for the very first… actual time, has turned his skills to improving society. I think.
And Mayl and Lan, those two characters we've been teasing for six or seven games because Mayl had a crush on Lan? Well, they got married and had a kid.
And it can be assumed that Higsby still has not stopped inserting “huh” at the end of every sentence.
Anyway, the point is, Battle Network 6 provides a really satisfactory ending… for me at least, while actually setting in stone the fates of several characters. I like it a lot, and

I think that just like this game did it, shipping should be a pleasant fantasy and/or sensible interactions in the present, not out-there crazy images or stories that just don't seem to feel right.
That brings us to one last thing: the concept feeling right.
What I mean when I say that is, a lot of ships just don't seen to feel right– they “don't make sense” and there is a heavy pushback on them for this reason.
I personally think that, despite all the years that Sonic has run from Amy, SonAmy might be a kinda okay ship. This is because I personally believe what I suspect Amy also thinks– perhaps some day he will be ready to settle down.
But there's a difference between that and showing Sonic and Amy making out.
What is the difference?
Problem number three: out-of-character shipping
Well, the main difference, for Sonic, is timing. I think SonAmy works out several years later, after Sonic has undergone several changes in character, but not in his current state. And besides, even if you aged up the two of them, I just don't want to see that because it takes all the magic out of the characters. Sonic as a character, Sonic the ego-filled, gotta go fast Hedgehog, is not about to be shipped with anyone. I don't even care about any Sonic ships that show up in games, it just doesn't work. The 15-year-old, speed-of-sound action hedgehog is not slowing down for anything, and I mean anything. Even to stare at a Vocaloid pretending to be him– he's just not doing it. This is Sonic's personality at its purest, and for those of us who are actually fans of Sonic, this is why we love him in the first place. If you are to ship Sonic with anyone, there has to be at least some level of and inner struggle presented, and that cannot be easily conveyed in a single image. It is even harder to properly convey it, to do justice to the fact that, despite Sonic's usual personality, he is experiencing differing feelings somewhere inside. As a 15-year-old, I am sure he could experience those feelings. But I want justice to be done to that inner struggle, to the fact that this really isn't his normal self.
So that's my problem with basically every Sonic ship. If you are to really have a character that Sonic might be attracted to in his current state, it's not enough to even say “This character is fast too.” You've got to show that character partaking with Sonic in what he does best– that is to say, show them running, together. Show them serving up justice, together. Show them rolling around at the speed of sound, together. And if that just doesn't work with the character you're trying to ship with Sonic, maybe think again.

So again, just to quickly re-list, I think good ships (assuming those do or can even exist) should…
1. Not be perverted.
2. Be executed in a way that seems… right.
3. Stay true to the characters.
Why? Because the main problems I have with what I've seen of shipping are those three things being thrown completely out of the window, resulting in stuff like Sonic x Shrek shipping. Now you have to remember, this is if we're taking ships seriously. But even a joke as dumb as the above ship becomes a serious mental health concern very quickly. I know I can't control the Sonic fanbase, but I just don't want to see that stuff coming up around the Sonic Thread. If you must talk about it, put it in this, the proper thread, and see if anyone replies. If no one does, too bad, I guess no one cares.
And you know what? If you actually do create or find that perfect character for Sonic and/or make an artwork that follows the guidelines I mentioned, you might not even need to classify it as a ship! Go ahead and tell… at least me about it, and maybe post it to this thread if it's actually that good.
Either that or just forget everything I just said and keep blabbing on about god-awful ships that I don't think even you like.

So those are the thoughts I can come up with in terms of shipping. Thank you if you read this all the way to the end. I hope now you all better understand why some of us see shipping as dumb or just not cute. These are the main problems I personally have with it.

Last edited by hahasamian (Jan. 6, 2019 19:27:06)

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).
Scooperax
Scratcher
100+ posts

hahasamian wrote:

-biig snip-
My thoughts exactly. I love this post

apgonscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

-please delete this. thanks-

Last edited by apgonscratch (Jan. 6, 2019 18:11:30)

Skye // She/They/Pup Pronouns // Pan, Poly, Pup // System Host