Discuss Scratch

technoguyx
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

I think it's crazy how the concept of the Switch is that it works both as a mobile and home console. Such a thing is only possible because of the advancements in CPU technology, which have gotten us to the point that even a small, portable device (such as a smartphone) can be about as powerful as the average laptop or home computer.

I'm not getting the Switch since I'm not into gaming and I'm kind of broke anyway, but I'm just kind of glad of how fast technology has advanced.

Scratcher since 2008.
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

lol that was overhyped

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

My_Rainbow_Unicorn wrote:

Derpybunneh wrote:

My_Rainbow_Unicorn wrote:

Not even 24 hours and I've already gotten my Joycon stuck.
Edit: Got them out with force.
I thought you said for a second, Got them out with the force. What, are you a jedi?
Maybe if I believe
JUST DO IT! MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

I'll probably get it at some point. Might take the advice of some people on the internet and wait a bit for the games library to open up, like what happened with the 3DS and Wii U. The Switch has some strong launch titles, but not enough to really live up to the “day-one” hype in my opinion.

technoguyx wrote:

I think it's crazy how the concept of the Switch is that it works both as a mobile and home console. Such a thing is only possible because of the advancements in CPU technology, which have gotten us to the point that even a small, portable device (such as a smartphone) can be about as powerful as the average laptop or home computer.

I'm not getting the Switch since I'm not into gaming and I'm kind of broke anyway, but I'm just kind of glad of how fast technology has advanced.
Agreed! The technology and architecture behind the Switch is probably my favourite thing about it so far.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Mines coming monday <3

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3
Hate to be that guy, but you'll probably be disappointed.

who am i kidding, i love being that guy

Last edited by jji10 (March 5, 2017 10:10:13)

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3
It's too early to judge at this stage.

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3
It's too early to judge at this stage.
Doesn't look very good. Reddit post said very very few are being sold in Poland iirc.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

disappointed by what exactly? i'm aware of it being a little bland in terms of the menu creativity and the general lack of music, zelda having some subpar framerates and possibly a few other things i'm forgetting, but none of this really detracts from the fact its a PORTABLE NINTENDO CONSOLE WHICH YOU CAN PLAY THE FOURTH HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME ON. also snipperclips looks really cute and its perfect to play with my family <3

nintendo seems to succeed in making something that always works for ME and my family, idk about the rest of yall but i loved to wii u to death and my 3ds too, so i dont see how the switch would be different.

but i'm rambling like i always do. tl;dr ive seen a bunch of little details by now so i know the disappointing things already and im very much fine with them

and if youre talking about stock than lol oops idk then it might not come
still proud of this argument im going to shove a slightly edited version of this in the face of anyone who would say the switch is an objectively bad console for some reason

Last edited by ninty-love (March 5, 2017 10:25:19)

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

ninty-love wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

disappointed by what exactly? i'm aware of it being a little bland in terms of the menu creativity and the general lack of music, zelda having some subpar framerates and possibly a few other things i'm forgetting, but none of this really detracts from the fact its a PORTABLE NINTENDO CONSOLE WHICH YOU CAN PLAY THE FOURTH HIGHEST RATED GAME OF ALL TIME ON. also snipperclips looks really cute and its perfect to play with my family <3

nintendo seems to succeed in making something that always works for ME and my family, idk about the rest of yall but i loved to wii u to death and my 3ds too, so i dont see how the switch would be different.

but i'm rambling like i always do. tl;dr ive seen a bunch of little details by now so i know the disappointing things already and im very much fine with them

still proud of this argument im going to shove a slightly edited version of this in the face of anyone who would say the switch is an objectively bad console for some reason
There aren't many games though. It's not very creative. Its only saving grace is Breath of the Wild.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

There aren't many games though. It's not very creative. Its only saving grace is Breath of the Wild.
just a reminder that all of this is opinion

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

it came out two days ago also

also snipperclips

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

just a reminder that all of this is opinion
yeah and so is what i said, doesnt mean i wont defend it

Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

True, although that's just the launch titles. There's probably plenty of other games coming soon.

I do agree though, it doesn't live up to day one hype. The Switch needs some extra support fast or they're going to end up like the Wii U. Skyrim does look promising, especially with the new portable mode, though…

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

My parents said that they're buying me the Switch when Sonic Mania comes out. It's for two reasons:

• Why buy a console without game?
  • The console price will probably lower over time.

GryffindorFreak1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

They are coming out with 80 new games though… it's not like games take a week to make

“After all this time, Severus?”
“Always.”

Exactly 221 posts

kingare1
Scratcher
60 posts

Nintendo Switch

I loved how my brother
ch
change [Nintendo switches] by (1)
got a switch

This signature is unknown! Come back later.
knextrackmaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Ayyy!
My mum made a compromise.If I got above the class average in my tests,she'd buy me a switch.

Help?
Want to help me develop games,while earning attention?Get started right here!
What's that?I have a YouTube channel with gaming,scratch AND livestreams?Sign me up!
If you are FPC,consider curating me!
(⊙△⊙)
How to change your username!
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

GryffindorFreak1 wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

jji10 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

Mines coming monday <3

They are coming out with 80 new games though… it's not like games take a week to make
You only buy a console if there's a good game for it now. If there aren't any good games, you either wait until a good games comes out before buying it or you just buy a different console.