Discuss Scratch

SC_DStwo_Master
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

It looks amazing but I'm mainly worried about the battery life. Also, in the announcement video, when the guy was playing Zelda at the start and removed the unit from the stand thing, the frames really dropped

And besides; my parents won't probably buy this for me anyway
ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

SC_DStwo_Master wrote:

It looks amazing but I'm mainly worried about the battery life. Also, in the announcement video, when the guy was playing Zelda at the start and removed the unit from the stand thing, the frames really dropped

And besides; my parents won't probably buy this for me anyway
Zelda isn't 100% finished and neither is the NX, it will probably be more optimized by the time it actually comes out.

Besides, you can always plug it in anywhere that has a socket. Still more convenient than bringing a console, controller and TV with you everywhere and instantly losing power the second it gets unplugged.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

This is honestly the console I expected the Wii U to be. Can I have that Super Mario game right now please?
The use of Splatoon in the trailer though just has me wondering whether it's a sequel, remaster or plain Wii U title.

SC_DStwo_Master wrote:

I noticed that as well, but I never really expected it to run flawlessly in its portable mode.

therealpsy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

personally i'm not really that hyped about it

Silvester65
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

therealpsy wrote:

That's ok, it's not for everyone.

Teanaway
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

They should had it be called the nintendo NX…. It just seems to have a better ring to it?
Now that i saw that its both Home console AND mobile, it makes sense now

Last edited by Teanaway (Oct. 21, 2016 22:51:20)

ok

Would you like to listen to a good YTPMV/MASHUP made by me?
If so, click on me! You won't regret it!
(sorry… i forgot how to do image links ): )
(Could somebody tell me how?)

Yep, i did something. I call him…well… “Funny dino and martin”. Hes actually a guy, if you couldn't tell. d:
Pancakesxp
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

I'm so hyped! I hope some good titles hit the console!

wow
Silvester65
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Teanaway wrote:

They should had it be called the nintendo NX…. It just seems to have a better ring to it?
I'm pretty sure NX was just a codename. But yeah, Nintendo could have done better than Switch. Maybe something like Duo?

AwesomeMarioBros
Scratcher
97 posts

Nintendo Switch

Silvester65 wrote:

Nintendo recently announced codename NX to be the Nintendo Switch.
It's a home console\handheld. In other words, you can start on the TV and go take it outside.
Discuss it here.
Edit: here's the reveal trailer.
Looks pretty cool, but I still can't imagine Nintendo using future technologies. Nintendo has amazed me as of now, and I hope Satoru Iwata (somehow) is happy about how most Nintendo fans are hyped for this hybrid console.

I'm glad amiibo is supported by the Switch, and hopefully the Switch has a long battery life. (which I doubt, tbh.)

Last edited by AwesomeMarioBros (Oct. 21, 2016 19:28:16)

Retired animator, developer, and Scratcher.
AwesomeMarioBros
Scratcher
97 posts

Nintendo Switch

Teanaway wrote:

I think everybody assumed that the “NX” would just be a codename for the system, as why, in previous years, the Nintendo Wii was known as the “Nintendo Revolution”, and the GameCube was known as the “Nintendo Dolphin”, which were both turned out to be codenames after all.

Silvester65
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

AwesomeMarioBros wrote:

Looks pretty cool, but I still can't imagine Nintendo using future technologies. Nintendo has amazed me as of now, and I hope Satoru Iwata (somehow) is happy about how most Nintendo fans are hyped for this hybrid console.

I'm glad amiibo is supported by the Switch, and hopefully the Switch has a long battery life. (which I doubt, tbh.)
I personally hope that Nintendo will do something for online interactions other than Miiverse. Miiverse was a okay idea, but it fell apart.
I'm also looking forward to the amiibo support.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Silvester65 wrote:

therealpsy wrote:

That's ok, it's not for everyone.
uh yeah it is

that's kind of the point???

AwesomeMarioBros
Scratcher
97 posts

Nintendo Switch

goo.gl/91cmGI

I'm heart-broken.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

AwesomeMarioBros wrote:

goo.gl/91cmGI

I'm heart-broken.
I'm kinda glad about this. It's a new start, y'know? Plus they're making updated ports/sequels for most of the worthwhile games anyways.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Teanaway wrote:

I dunno, the Switch seems like about the right name for it. The main purpose of the console is there and it's effectively communicated in that one word. NX is cooler though.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

Teanaway wrote:

I dunno, the Switch seems like about the right name for it. The main purpose of the console is there and it's effectively communicated in that one word. NX is cooler though.
The name fits perfectly. Nintendo's making a big SWITCH by making a true next gen console. They want people to SWITCH over to it from PS4 and Xbone. You can SWITCH from console to portable.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

AwesomeMarioBros wrote:

goo.gl/91cmGI

I'm heart-broken.
I was honestly expecting this.

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

ninty-love wrote:

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

Teanaway wrote:

The name fits perfectly. Nintendo's making a big SWITCH by making a true next gen console. They want people to SWITCH over to it from PS4 and Xbone. You can SWITCH from console to portable.
I guess so. Never thought to read that deep into it before.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

ninty-love wrote:

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

Teanaway wrote:

I guess so. Never thought to read that deep into it before.
I thought of all that stuff the minute the trailer popped up.

They should've streamed it, man.

AwesomeMarioBros
Scratcher
97 posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

AwesomeMarioBros wrote:

goo.gl/91cmGI

I'm heart-broken.
I was honestly expecting this.
Hopefully Nintendo does the same exact plan as what the Xbox did, you know, the emulation software that the Xbox One uses to detect and let you play Xbox 360 games on the console by digital download and cloud (for free), but I doubt it.