Discuss Scratch

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

My parents said I would get the game if I kept speaking Chinese to them.

#LanguageMotivation
#ImChineseButICantSpeakChinese
I'm assuming you mean BoTW. (Aka: the only launch title)

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Imagine…

A Paper Mario game for Switch that takes a few of the good things from Color Splash, but is mainly in the vein of Thousand Year Door, has 3D Mario and 3D Luigi among the many Helper characters, has lots of funny dialogue, including Count Blek and the like butting heads with Cackletta and the like, but also has serious moments in the story, and has an unlockable side mode in the vein of Super Paper Mario that contains a few story tidbits that somehow manage to neatly reconcile the concept of the Paper Mario games being a separate universe with the continuity nods in the earlier PM games…

Has about a negative one percent chance of happening but would be pretty amazing.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
lightwolf6
Scratcher
11 posts

Nintendo Switch

I really hope the new zelda game will be for wii-u. cuz we JUST bought one. but It'll probably be for Nintendo switch
lightwolf6
Scratcher
11 posts

Nintendo Switch

BOTW will be an interesting game. Apparently It is 'sposed to fit after windwaker.

Last edited by lightwolf6 (Jan. 19, 2017 21:36:42)

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

lightwolf6 wrote:

I really hope the new zelda game will be for wii-u. cuz we JUST bought one. but It'll probably be for Nintendo switch
You aren't paying attention are you. The new Zelda was announced for Wii U long before it was known as Breath of the Wild, and long before they even announced the mysterious NX (now known as the Nintendo Switch). BotW will appear on Wii U as well as Switch, albeit with lesser graphical quality.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

lightwolf6 wrote:

BOTW will be an interesting game. Apparently It is 'sposed to fit after windwaker.
Where'd you hear that BotW takes place after Wind Waker? I personally think that's impossible, as Hyrule was flooded in WW, yet isn't flooded in BotW.

scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

http://nintendocastle.com/2017/1/19-nicalis-is-bringing-1001-spikes-and-cave-story-to-nintendo-switch/

UI leak? not sure if this was shown before, haven't been following closely.

But I mean, cave story

Last edited by scratchisthebest (Jan. 19, 2017 23:55:50)

I am a Lava Expert
ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

scratchisthebest wrote:

http://nintendocastle.com/2017/1/19-nicalis-is-bringing-1001-spikes-and-cave-story-to-nintendo-switch/

But I mean, cave story
It's been shown in some capacity. Not as the focus of anything, but it's been shown.

Silvester65
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nintendo Switch

scratchisthebest wrote:

But I mean, cave story
Cave Story is a nice game.
That UI has been seen before, but not in great detail. It seems there's a night mode, with a dark background. I quite like it.

Last edited by Silvester65 (Jan. 20, 2017 00:37:53)

BATTERYWAX
Scratcher
24 posts

Nintendo Switch

i'm really looking forward to splatoon 2 and mario odyssey. i heard somewhere it doesn't have third-party support though, so i'm not sure if it will succeed. the idea of a home console/handheld console fusion is fantastic though.
Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BATTERYWAX wrote:

i'm really looking forward to splatoon 2 and mario odyssey. i heard somewhere it doesn't have third-party support though, so i'm not sure if it will succeed. the idea of a home console/handheld console fusion is fantastic though.
ikr

Net Neutrality is done and over with and we still have free speech so yay
And knuckles.
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BATTERYWAX wrote:

Are you serious? Nintendo made a HUGE deal out of third-party support in last week's Switch presentation!

BATTERYWAX
Scratcher
24 posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

BATTERYWAX wrote:

Are you serious? Nintendo made a HUGE deal out of third-party support in last week's Switch presentation!
oh, okay. i just heard from some major flame war over gaming consoles that NS didn't have it. in that case, long live the nintendo switch, it is our lord and savior
billylabu
Scratcher
62 posts

Nintendo Switch

But can you cook ramen on it?

I am the billylabu and I speak for the memes
Derpybunneh
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

billylabu wrote:

But can you cook ramen on it?
That is the question we all should be asking. Forget all your other questions about Switch - this is the one that needs to be answered now.

Last edited by Derpybunneh (Jan. 23, 2017 14:10:26)

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

http://kotaku.com/china-already-has-a-handheld-like-the-nintendo-switch-1788056087
China is weird. China also has a mobile game which contains Nintendo characters, except without Nintendo's permission, because China is so restrictive, almost no video game hardware or software has been brought there, so Nintendo hasn't bothered to get a Chinese copyright.

Communism must suck.

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

http://kotaku.com/china-already-has-a-handheld-like-the-nintendo-switch-1788056087
China is weird. China also has a mobile game which contains Nintendo characters, except without Nintendo's permission, because China is so restrictive, almost no video game hardware or software has been brought there, so Nintendo hasn't bothered to get a Chinese copyright.

Communism must suck.
In fact, that Chinese thing was actually introduced a year before Nintendo Switch.

Consoles were originally banned there, but now bans are lifted, which means Chinese can own an Xbox.

I'm Chinese.

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

Communism must suck.
The 3DS exists in China. With like 0.01% of the 3DS's library… but it's an official 3DS nonetheless.