Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Smiley100P wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

cs11467 wrote:

billylabu wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

I'm worried about the Parental Controls-no more Earthbound marathons. And they have different restrictions for each age, so since I'm the oldest of my brother and I my parents might give him more time so they don't “lose her”.

The parental controls apply to the system, not individual users. That could work for or against you.
Besides, there's an easy way to get around them.

Just hold their phone for ransom until they completely remove Parental Control, and threaten to do it again if they ever put it back on.

LOL

Btw I'm making an animation parody of the Parental Controls Trailer with my OCs instead of Bowser and Bowser Jr. I'll put a link to it in this thread when I'm done.
Oh y e s

Okay here it is.

I spent HOURS on this, and I got a comment, love, and fave MINUTES after sharing it. My dad says I'll get even more loves and faves since I put so much effort into it.

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Last edited by nickeljorn (Jan. 16, 2017 22:46:45)

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

It's confusing that the Switch doesn't have a pack-in game. 1-2-Switch seems like it was practically designed for that purpose and yet it's being charged separately for an astounding $50.
Okay, THAT'S dumb. No arguing about that.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

The only thing exciting about the new Splatoon game is two Jebbs (That's right? Jebb is the cat's name?) because my brother NEVER lets me play Splatoon. I just have to sit there and watch. Also, it doesn't seem that different from the original Splatoon.

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
Derpybunneh
Scratcher
500+ posts

Nintendo Switch

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

It's confusing that the Switch doesn't have a pack-in game. 1-2-Switch seems like it was practically designed for that purpose and yet it's being charged separately for an astounding $50.
$50!!? Sheesh, that seems overpriced to me.
ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

nickeljorn wrote:

The only thing exciting about the new Splatoon game is two Jebbs (That's right? Jebb is the cat's name?) because my brother NEVER lets me play Splatoon. I just have to sit there and watch. Also, it doesn't seem that different from the original Splatoon.
His name is Judd; hairstyles. A new weapon type (and possibly more). PANTS.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

ninty-love wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

His name is Judd; hairstyles. A new weapon type (and possibly more). PANTS.

Ahh, I knew something wasn't right xD

gigamushroom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

The Switch isn't going to support Miiverse?! Say what you want about it being mostly used by the 4 - 10 demographic, but I am too attached to it to stop now. Come on, it's been half a decade!

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Hey guys, I have insider Nintendo information!

Arms was so popular with playtesters, a sequel called Legs is already in the works!

Similarly, be on the lookout for 3-4-Switch and 5-6-Switch.

Super Mario Odyssey is getting a prequel called Super Mario Illiad, which by some coincidence disproves every single theory MatPat has had about the Mario universe.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is getting a companion game, called Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind, just to mess with people.

Splatoon is going the way of Call of Duty, with Splatoon 3 planned for 2018, a fourth game planned for 2019, and fifth and sixth games planned for 2020.

Pokemon Stars is a lie. Pokemon: Pink and Purple editions come out next spring.

Mario Kart 8 is getting re-re-released as Poochy and Doc Louis's Super Turbo Paper Mario Kart 8 Superstar Ultra DX and Four Swords Deluxe 3D HD Game of the Year Edition & Knuckles, in which every single character in every video game ever made will be playable.

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

Arms was so popular with playtesters, a sequel called Legs is already in the works!

Super Mario Odyssey is getting a prequel called Super Mario Illiad, which by some coincidence disproves every single theory MatPat has had about the Mario universe.

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is getting a companion game, called Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wind, just to mess with people.

Splatoon is going the way of Call of Duty, with Splatoon 3 planned for 2018, a fourth game planned for 2019, and fifth and sixth games planned for 2020.

Mario Kart 8 is getting re-re-released as Poochy and Doc Louis's Super Turbo Paper Mario Kart 8 Superstar Ultra DX and Four Swords Deluxe 3D HD Game of the Year Edition & Knuckles, in which every single character in every video game ever made will be playable.
Nice joke games, I wouldn't have thought of those.

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

Derpybunneh wrote:

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

$50!!? Sheesh, that seems overpriced to me.
Fun as Wii Sports is/was/whocareswhattherighttenseis, I would never pay $50 for it. And 1-2-Switch seems like it's basically Wii Sports: This Time Without Miis!

The classics never go out of style. This is mainly due to the fact that they are already out of style, and have been for a while now, and thus can't “go out” of style. That said, the reason they're classics and not obscurities from the past is because they're good despite being “out of style”.

GENERATION -705 - 991i: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum. Square it, and then add i to the generation.
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

WolfCat67 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

I don't even understand half of this.

the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

nickeljorn wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

What don't you understand?

gigamushroom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

*Sigh* It has been confirmed that the Switch won't support Miiverse, but will support Amiibos…

Well, guess that's reasonable, since most people would rather have their thirty-dollar Shulk last a bit longer.

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

I think I figured out why the games for the switch are $50/$60, it's probably because the switch is a more complex console than the WiiU, and for it's complexity, the prices of the games on it should be higher.

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

That fake MK8 re-re-release crashed my brain just THINKING about it.

Anyway, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros Melee were my FAVORITE games when I was about six or seven years old, and I'm excited they'll be on Switch Virtual Console!

Smiley100P
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

nickeljorn wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

That fake MK8 re-re-release crashed my brain just THINKING about it.

Anyway, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros Melee were my FAVORITE games when I was about six or seven years old, and I'm excited they'll be on Switch Virtual Console!
Ohoho I'd better get working on Pawzone

Net Neutrality is done and over with and we still have free speech so yay
And knuckles.
the__ninja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

EeveeLegends wrote:

I think I figured out why the games for the switch are $50/$60, it's probably because the switch is a more complex console than the WiiU, and for it's complexity, the prices of the games on it should be higher.
Wii U games are $60

EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

the__ninja wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Wii U games are $60
some of them are $60, not all

ninty-love
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

EeveeLegends wrote:

the__ninja wrote:

EeveeLegends wrote:

Wii U games are $60
some of them are $60, not all
Majority. Most under 50/60 dollar games are indie games that you buy on the Eshop.

PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Nintendo Switch

My parents said I would get the game if I kept speaking Chinese to them.

#LanguageMotivation
#ImChineseButICantSpeakChinese