Discuss Scratch

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New TSF run shops newspaper

where is everyone else

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

monkeytrooper wrote:

Is this paper aimed at tsf members or shops in general
It's aimed at everyone on the forums. Specifically customers.

On that note, there should be a section that gives a list of the best shops to go to for certain things.
thats basically the adds and reviews page .
although we could link the directory

Last edited by monkeytrooper (Aug. 30, 2016 17:31:18)

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

thats basically the adds and reviews page .
although we could link the directory
I thought the Reviews were reviews of shops that specifically requested to be reviewed. Ads don't necessarily link the best shops, just shops that “purchased” an ad.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We are having a Reviews page? Well, we can either make that a new Page all together, or should we blend it with the Ads page? (Readers might not be interested in a whole page of ads, rather they'd just scroll through it.)
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

in with adds i think

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

We are having a Reviews page? Well, we can either make that a new Page all together, or should we blend it with the Ads page? (Readers might not be interested in a whole page of ads, rather they'd just scroll through it.)
Or maybe the Ads can be strategically placed throughout the Issue.

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Or maybe the Ads can be strategically placed throughout the Issue.

I was thinking about that.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm with mega on this one because people would just skip the page of ads but you cannot skip them if you don't know when they'll come up

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

I'm with mega on this one because people would just skip the page of ads but you cannot skip them if you don't know when they'll come up

Exactly. So, we will cut out the page of Ads with a Page of Reviews, probably 2 or 3, then scatter the Ads around. We will, however, keep the Scratcher, Employee of the Week, and Scratcher's project on a smaller part of that Section however.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think a form for ads is a good idea.

example of form wrote:

Name of shop:
Link to ad:
Why we should pick you:
Where you want it:
Issue you want it in
The only ad that you can't apply for is featured shop which is picked.
Featured shop should be a small shop that is active and good quality but doesn't get much limelight.
Otherwise we would just be featuring shops that are already popular. GTG BRB

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

example of form wrote:

Name of shop:
Link to ad:
Why we should pick you:
Where you want it:
Issue you want it in
Featured shop should be a small shop that is active and good quality but doesn't get much limelight.
And you can be featured if you have an ad.

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

example of form wrote:

Name of shop:
Link to ad:
Why we should pick you:
Where you want it:
Issue you want it in

Fair enough, but we only feature one big Shop, while the others we hand pick from the TSF roster.

That form should do fine, but it might not be necessary, as most of the time, we will pick the Shops, and ask if they'd like to be included in the most recent issue of the Federation Times.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am back

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We shouldn't feature shops that are already big like sigtons or Zl's but instead small ones

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

We shouldn't feature shops that are already big like sigtons or Zl's but instead small ones

We will have an ad for one big one, since those tend to have really good service, and deserve recognition for being as amazing as they are. Then, the other 4 are those small ones that do the job well, have good service, speeds, etc.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But sometimes big shops aren't best as they can be slow and off topic

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

But sometimes big shops aren't best as they can be slow and off topic

Sigton's Shop, ZLGames' Shop, etc. are the types of big shops will be looking at.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just if some aren't aware, we've decided to switch the format to a sprinkles of everything in every section kind of deal, so we will format it like that.

TheFederationTimes wrote:

Cover wrote:

BANNER ☑

The Federation Times ISSUE #1 DATE: 9/Something ☑

Cover Story Headline: What is worthy of this?

Sub lines and more

Enjoy reading! ☑

AllAds wrote:

Banner+Link for each Ad-
The Emporium: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/198697/?page=1 ☑ Banner: http://i68.tinypic.com/ibyo13.png
Laetus Graphics Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/210590/ ☑ Banner: http://i.cubeupload.com/VQxRpq.png
Looking for Small, Active Shop!
Look above!
Sigton's Shop? ZLGame's? What? Looking for a big Shop!
Who should be our TSF Scratcher that gets a shoutout? Looking for suggestions!
Employee of the Week will be determined after the issue has been completed.
Look around at TSF's many Scratchers, and find a really cool project from one of them!

Interviews wrote:

Each interview + Article based around it-
makethebrainhappy: https://titanpad.com/2UxqOnHV9t ☑ Article: Currently being written by CrazyGoldfish3
who:
who:

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Aug. 30, 2016 18:19:40)

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you're needing an ad from a big shop, you can use my shop
I can supply banners and whatever is needed.

Sigton