Discuss Scratch

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New TSF run shops newspaper

I will do everything bar art and bbcode

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Section 1: Cover; Main Ideas, Sub Titles, at the very top: THE FEDERATION TIMES; possibly a picture/drawing if conventional.

Section 2: Advertisement for 2 Endorsed Shops, 2 Small/Certified/Guild Involved Shops, 1 Big-Time Shop; 1 TSF Scratcher, 1 Employee, 1 TSF Scratcher's project; Possibly an Ad or 2 concerning TSF's recent endeavors. (House of Reps, Summit reminder, etc.)

Section 3: Interviews w/ Scratchers who have released a long anticipated project, are the owners of a unique shop, owners of a big shop, etc. Other topics could include big time Scratchers talking about some issues they are currently experiencing. (Like I know The Doctor is currently upset over the fact that the most recent Scratch update has messed up his Creature game among others.)

Section 4: Articles about different TSF endeavors, in much more detail than in the ads. Specialized campaigns, the cover article, and any other Scratch News deemed fit.

Section 5: Polls; Potentially a few quick articles; Maybe an Editor's Note, etc.

This should probably be seen in this discussion as well. I also updated it.

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Aug. 30, 2016 15:00:02)

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

At the end of each article there should be this:
-Written by [Username Here], [Something Cool-Sounding Here]

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'd also like to “purchase” an add for Laetus Graphics Studio

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is my idea of the papers FP

Front page of federation times wrote:

BANNER

The Federation Times ISSUE #__ DATE ______

Hi And welcome to the __ issue of The Federation Times!!!
This issue we have:

Contents with links to pages

ENJOY!!!

ADD1
ADD2
ADD3

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can do interviews and art.

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Manager: CrazyGoldfish3
General of Operations: monkeytrooper
Head BBcoder:
Head Editor:
Head Writer:
Head Artist:

BBcoders: Sigton, rollercoasterfan
Editors: monkeytrooper, rollercoasterfan, MegaByteCorporations
Writers: MegaByteCorporations, monkeytrooper
Interviewers: CrazyGoldfish3, monkeytrooper, MegaByteCorporations
Artists: rollercoasterfan, MegaByteCorporations
Updated.

Lego-Lovin-Program
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm fine with being an editor.

Credit to Sigton for the signature, ordered at Sigton's Shop

Click to edit your signature!
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Head BBcoder:
Head Editor:
Head Writer:
Head Artist:

Editors: monkeytrooper, rollercoasterfan, MegaByteCorporations, Lego-Lovin-Program

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

At the end of each article there should be this:
-Written by [Username Here], [Something Cool-Sounding Here]

I'd imagine that to be so.

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

I'd also like to “purchase” an add for Laetus Graphics Studio

Alright. So, that fills up 2 of our Small Shop things, now we would have 2 Endorsed Shops, but those are outdated, so we will instead just let 2 other small, committed Shops fill the role.

Section1 wrote:

BANNER

The Federation Times ISSUE #__ DATE ______

Cover Story Headline

Hi And welcome to the __ issue of The Federation Times!!!
This issue we have:
We already have the issue # above ^

Contents (I was under the impression it would all be in one string, and you would just scroll through it)

Enjoy reading!

Added some more things. (Actually, took away some things. )

Head BBcoder:
Head Editor:
Head Writer:
Head Artist:

Editors: monkeytrooper, rollercoasterfan, MegaByteCorporations, Lego-Lovin-Program

Editors are ready for election. And Monkey, we are going to keep you out of it, since there are 4. Hope you are fine with that, considering you are already second in command.

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Aug. 30, 2016 16:23:07)

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey joint first.

Last edited by monkeytrooper (Aug. 30, 2016 16:29:56)

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

Hey joint first.

Alright so, I'm going to post the Poll in the actual TSF FP, and then we'll see how it goes.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have almost completed the interview with brains there is just 1 more question.
we may need to cut it down a little bit as it is huge.
it is here

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

I have almost completed the interview with brains there is just 1 more question.
we may need to cut it down a little bit as it is huge.
it is here

I sure will. I am also going to put myself in as a Writer, but that is 2 (Maybe 3 if Mega wins Head Editor) people who can't be a Head, so keep coming in to the Writers position!

I will be able to transform that Interview into an Article easier than most I'd presume, so I'll take that role.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ok so
issue #1 checklist
Interview with brains 100%
adds 50%
FP 70%
Main article 0%
Featured shop 0%
Reviews 0%
Federation page 0%

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

Ok so
issue #1 checklist
adds 50%
FP 70%
Main article 0%
Featured shop 0%
Reviews 0%
Federation page 0%
The reviews are reviews of shops, correct?

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

Ok so
issue #1 checklist
adds 50%
FP 70%
Main article 0%
Featured shop 0%
Reviews 0%
Federation page 0%

Let's make it look nice.

TheFederationTimes wrote:

Section1 wrote:

BANNER ☑

The Federation Times ISSUE #1 DATE: 9/Something ☑

Cover Story Headline: What is worthy of this?

Sub lines and more

Enjoy reading! ☑

Section2 wrote:

Banner+Link for each Ad-
The Emporium: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/198697/?page=1 ☑ Banner: http://i68.tinypic.com/ibyo13.png
Laetus Graphics Studio: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/210590/ ☑ Banner: http://i.cubeupload.com/VQxRpq.png
Looking for Small, Active Shop!
Look above!
Sigton's Shop? ZLGame's? What? Looking for a big Shop!
Who should be our TSF Scratcher that gets a shoutout? Looking for suggestions!
Employee of the Week will be determined after the issue has been completed.
Look around at TSF's many Scratchers, and find a really cool project from one of them!

More soon!
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is this paper aimed at tsf members or shops in general

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

It is aimed for really anyone who sees it. Active TSF members will obviously see it, but hopefully we can get some additional readers from either being a common TSF Rep, a passerby, or anywhere in between.

If the reader is new to TSF, it will be great because we can either draw their Shop in, or they can look at some of the Ads and we will have done our job.
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

It's aimed at everyone on the forums. Specifically customers.

On that note, there should be a section that gives a list of the best shops to go to for certain things.