Discuss Scratch

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New TSF run shops newspaper

makethebrainhappy wrote:

It looks finished to me
It's not- We still need to add in the employee of the week, who will be the person who did the most work(translation - me). We're going to post it on Sunday, though, because we're trying to keep it weekly. In the meantime, we can get started on the next issue.

Mega the New Employee of the Week

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MegaByteCorporations wrote:

Format for Polls wrote:

Polls
It's Up to You!

Who Should Be Our Next Scratcher of the Week?
A - rollercoasterfan
B - Sigton
C - ZLGames

What Project Should We Feature Next?
A - Bubble Bear by rainbow_waves
B - Stages of Government in Ancient Greece by makethebrianhappy
C - Summer by Lythium

Do You Think CrazyGoldfish3's Shop Should Be Endorsed?
A - Yes
B - No

BBCode:
[quote=Format for Polls]
[center][big][b][color=#654321]Polls[/color][/b][/big]
[i]It's Up to You![/i]
[b]Who Should Be Our Next Scratcher of the Week?[/b]
A - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/rollercoasterfan/]rollercoasterfan[/url]
B - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Sigton/]Sigton[/url]
C - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/ZLGames/]ZLGames[/url]
[b]What Project Should We Feature Next?[/b]
A - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/118843730/]Bubble Bear[/url] [i]by rainbow_waves[/i]
B - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/70830574/]Stages of Government in Ancient Greece[/url] [i]by makethebrianhappy[/i]
C - [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/108683988/]Summer[/url] [i]by Lythium[/i]
[b]Do You Think CrazyGoldfish3's Shop Should Be Endorsed?[/b]
A - Yes
B - No[/center][/quote]
I finally found the poll format. XD

Trust, but verify ⅼ There is a madness to my method ⅼ Always outnumbered, never outclassed ⅼ They said I couldn't, so I did ⅼ I didn't lie, I circumnavigated the truth ⅼ Determination is the wake up call to the human will ⅼ I don't want to hurt you. And you know that I can ⅼ People can change - there is reason for hope ⅼ True friends stab you in the front ⅼ No I'm not ‘giving up’ I'm just too classy to fight an idiot like you
makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

It looks finished to me
It's not- We still need to add in the employee of the week, who will be the person who did the most work(translation - me). We're going to post it on Sunday, though, because we're trying to keep it weekly. In the meantime, we can get started on the next issue.

Can I apply to get a column in the next issue?
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

It looks finished to me

Hm…as Head Editor I guess I get to make these decisions, I guess you could have a column in the next issue, but after 3 issues someone else will get it.

Mega Your New Favorite Head Editor

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Great! A couple minor things, however:

- Put the Cover Story further down, in the middle of the Paper, like an actual Newspaper

- Don't group up the Interviews; On each page, aside from the sections we want to find in the same place (Polls, Columns, Scratcher+Project), we want everything to be mixed and matched

- Get a banner for the Cover story.

Besides that, however, we are almost ready to release! Thursday would be the best time to finish, as my week will get seriously busy from Friday on. Then I'll release it on Sunday.

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Sept. 6, 2016 21:34:36)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

It looks finished to me

Hm…as Head Editor I guess I get to make these decisions, I guess you could have a column in the next issue, but after 3 issues someone else will get it.

*questionative look*
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

*questionative look*
What? I am Head Editor. XD

Mega the Actual Head Editor

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technically it is my decision not yours

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

Actually Editors decide what goes into the paper. XD So as Head Editor I decide that stuff, but you can always veto my decision.

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

Actually Editors decide what goes into the paper. XD So as Head Editor I decide that stuff, but you can always veto my decision.
And I say paper is big enough

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

And I say paper is big enough
I'm going to appeal to Crazy. I demand that we have at least one column by the viewers of the paper.

Mega

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, we can consider that in later issues, but for now we need to finish this one.
MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Well, we can consider that in later issues, but for now we need to finish this one.
That's kind of what I was saying here:

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In this paper editors job is to edit things not organise the paper although I would recomend you as vice GoE

MegaByteCorporations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

In this paper editors job is to edit things not organise the paper although I would recomend you as vice GoE
That's the BBcoder's job, my job is to decide what goes in and what stays out.

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the editors edit articles and the manager/GoE decide what is in and what is out

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

the editors edit articles and the manager/GoE decide what is in and what is out
If we are going with real newspapers, then Mega is correct.

Sigton

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But we're not

Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

But we're not
Okay then.

Sigton