Discuss Scratch

BurnedCrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

getbent wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

If there is no scratch theme for the Nintendo switch there has to be a Nintendo switch sprite in scratch 3
A version of Scratch for the Switch would be awesome

… Would it be called snap?

A block idea or whatever.
go [in front of v] sprite [sprite1 v] :: looks

Wow, this is a really empty sig. needs some defining features… ah!
Have a RAINBOW :)
BookOwl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

BurnedCrystal wrote:

getbent wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

If there is no scratch theme for the Nintendo switch there has to be a Nintendo switch sprite in scratch 3

Snap already exists

who needs signatures
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

BookOwl wrote:

Does anybody know why you can put blocks in the variable dropdown, but not in the list dropdown?

(Also, why are variables and lists the same color? And why is there no “new list” button and the list dropdown selects from variables? Could this mean that first class lists are coming?)
Maybe they'll add cloud lists:
(☁ list :: list) // A CLOUD LIST!!!!!

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
BurnedCrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

BookOwl wrote:

BurnedCrystal wrote:

getbent wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

Snap already exists

That's the joke, silly

A block idea or whatever.
go [in front of v] sprite [sprite1 v] :: looks

Wow, this is a really empty sig. needs some defining features… ah!
Have a RAINBOW :)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

QuantumSingularity wrote:

Austinato wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

Don't like the new fat chunky look of 3.0 tho…

Griffpatch should be a Scratch Team member
I don't see a “fat chunky” look, but having griffpatch as a ST member would be neat, but just as long as he continues to help.
He'd make the Scratch Team look even awesomer than they already are!

I can see your inplications of “fat” but not chunky. I remember the transition from 1.4 to 2.0 was also like that… I don't have anything wrong with it, I find that it looks futuristic.
Agreed on griffpatch and the design, but in my opinion I'd substitute “futuristic” with “simplistic.”

7500+ posts (19th)
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

_nix wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

Does anybody know why you can put blocks in the variable dropdown, but not in the list dropdown?

(Also, why are variables and lists the same color? And why is there no “new list” button and the list dropdown selects from variables? Could this mean that first class lists are coming?)
If I recall correctly, you can put variables in round dropdowns, but not in rectangle dropdowns.
I know that. I'm asking why they chose one behavior for variables and another for lists.
Typo/let's-just-put-some-input-here-and-say-whatever, I'd imagine… A design screenshot here shows that you can't drop blocks in variable inputs ( ):

Iirc they have a custom input type for variables (as in, it's more than your average dropdown) but haven't bothered to implement one for lists, so for now it's probably easier for them to use a normal dropdown to generate a list of lists for the playtest coming up
P444
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

But, what about the custom reporters?!

Hey there random person scrolling through one of my posts! Hope you have a nice day (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Reserved for advertisements >:3

awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

_nix wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

If I recall correctly, you can put variables in round dropdowns, but not in rectangle dropdowns.
I know that. I'm asking why they chose one behavior for variables and another for lists.
Typo/let's-just-put-some-input-here-and-say-whatever, I'd imagine… A design screenshot here shows that you can't drop blocks in variable inputs ( ):

Iirc they have a custom input type for variables (as in, it's more than your average dropdown) but haven't bothered to implement one for lists, so for now it's probably easier for them to use a normal dropdown to generate a list of lists for the playtest coming up

Gah! It's the fat chunky blocks!

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!
Ask a question and get your answers one. letter. at. a. time. Join now!

; Santa Claus and Mrs Claus wanted to get a devorce. However, being in the north pole, there was no one there to help them do that. So they used a semi colon instead; they are great for seperating two independent clauses.
Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

awesome5185 wrote:

NickyNouse wrote:

_nix wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

BookOwl wrote:

What do you mean?

Scratch 3.0 is here!
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Use <Snip> when there is a lot of irrevant quotes like this:

<Snip>

Ed8 wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

What do you mean?

The new look of Scratch 3.0 is fat and chunky (As shown in the pictures)

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

; Santa Claus and Mrs Claus wanted to get a devorce. However, being in the north pole, there was no one there to help them do that. So they used a semi colon instead; they are great for seperating two independent clauses.
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

awesome5185 wrote:

I'm guessing the blocks are fat so our fat little fingers are able to drag and drop them. I feel like there should be an option to switch between the “fat” touch-friendly blocks and the compact ones like in Scratch 2.0.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Ed8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

awesome5185 wrote:

<Snip>

Ed8 wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

What do you mean?

Okay, thanks.

Scratch 3.0 is here!
SirShadow
Scratcher
90 posts

Scratch 3.0

If we could get proper Arrays for 3.0, that would be pretty cool

Wow, this guy is 17 and still hasn't put out a cool project yet? Guess he's just a washed up old man, eh?
I'm so much more skilled now that looking back on my projects fills me with distorted amusement. Tragic, but still funny.
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

awesome5185 wrote:

<offtopic>
When I snip, I don't typically note it in my post or if I do, I do it within the quotes.
</offtopic>

7500+ posts (19th)
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Sheep_maker wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

I'm guessing the blocks are fat so our fat little fingers are able to drag and drop them. I feel like there should be an option to switch between the “fat” touch-friendly blocks and the compact ones like in Scratch 2.0.

Yeah, because of this:

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
awesome5185
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Austinato wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

<offtopic>
When I snip, I don't typically note it in my post or if I do, I do it within the quotes.
</offtopic>
I on

Austinato wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

<offtopic>
</offtopic>

I do so only so people know that there was more that what I quoted..

Regards,
awesome5185

Featured Studio!
Ask Ouija!

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

awesome5185 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

awesome5185 wrote:

<offtopic>
</offtopic>

I do so only so people know that there was more that what I quoted..
Yeah, I was saying that I put “snip” precisely where it should be, inside quotes.

7500+ posts (19th)
IcyCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Yay! new GUI!

Because JS is the future (echos) future future futur futu fut fu f
blob8108
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The scrolling isn't native There's not enough momentum, on an iPad at least…

tosh · slowly becoming a grown-up adult and very confused about it
Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Woohoo, just made my first bugfix!

Now to wait and see if it gets merged.

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing