Discuss Scratch

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

MinecraftM153 wrote:

ONE THING THAT PEOPLE DON'T REALIZE IS THAT THE PAINT EDITOR IS BITMAP!

http://i.cubeupload.com/kyRylX.png
I think that's a stage rendering issue because you can clearly reshape the costume

I guess the costume is saved as a vector costume, but before it's rendered onto the stage, it's wrongly first converted to bitmap and rescaled based on the sprite's size

I like the eraser in the costume editor though; it's more intuitive. Perhaps they can also add a bitmap-style fill tool (which isn't impossible, but might be difficult to implement)?

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

290Scratcher wrote:

Though the Scratch logo doesn't take you anywhere (still) and the same language issues are still there. (and more ‘languages’ are added there)
I'm assuming the navbar is temporary, and changing the language only changes it internally, and they're temporarily used English for the other languages; interesting how they don't use the RTL vertical blocks for the RTL languages though

This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
grubeling
Scratcher
21 posts

Scratch 3.0

u should make halloween sprites
walkcycle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Translation could be inefficient, before more of the changes are final, sometime next year.

Relative links once 3.0 is on the website, I expect.

Ed8 wrote:

Try using this.

Hmm, vector and bitmap combined into one.

grubeling wrote:

u should make halloween sprites

It could be a contest.
titanscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

I saw that you can scroll down through the categories!!!

Last edited by titanscratch (Oct. 17, 2017 15:55:56)

Scratch Wiki Contributor • Active Forum User • New goal: 500 posts • 310/500 posts (62%)My projectsMy studiosMy profile

(-_-) // This is the Bob the good kumquat. He and his army fight evil kumquats.
(-@-) // This is one of the evil kumquats that eat up your signature!!!
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
StrawbostatGames
Scratcher
22 posts

Scratch 3.0

MinecraftM153 wrote:

:O *shock*

SIGGYSIGGYSIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!SIGSIGSIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE GREATEST SIG THAT EVER HAS LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I receive [kumquat security breach!!! v]
(O_O) Lord commander Jeff is is in charge of the anti-kumquat defence network
(o_o) Bob protects the eternal sig from the predations of the nascent kumquat empire
<-_->Randall is a master of disguise. He guards my secret stash of discuss tabs from evil kumquat mercenaries

join the 11/11! We will build a time machine that can only go back to dates with an 11 in them, then we will go back in time to 11:11 on the 11th of the 11th 1111 AND WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! JOIN US!!!
StrawbostatGames
Scratcher
22 posts

Scratch 3.0

Come on people, we're all waiting for that
point toward ([closest v] sprite excluding ([sprite one v]))
block.

SIGGYSIGGYSIGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!SIGSIGSIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE GREATEST SIG THAT EVER HAS LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
when I receive [kumquat security breach!!! v]
(O_O) Lord commander Jeff is is in charge of the anti-kumquat defence network
(o_o) Bob protects the eternal sig from the predations of the nascent kumquat empire
<-_->Randall is a master of disguise. He guards my secret stash of discuss tabs from evil kumquat mercenaries

join the 11/11! We will build a time machine that can only go back to dates with an 11 in them, then we will go back in time to 11:11 on the 11th of the 11th 1111 AND WE SHALL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!! JOIN US!!!
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

StrawbostatGames wrote:

point toward ([closest v] sprite excluding ([sprite one v]::sensing)::sensing)::motion
block.
Why?

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;
TheUltimatum
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

StrawbostatGames wrote:

point toward ([closest v] sprite excluding ([sprite one v]))
block.
That's easy. Keep a list of sprite locations. Get the distance to all of the locations and find the smallest distance. Then just use atan2 to point towards that location.
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

StrawbostatGames wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

No, it's actually vector. The stage just renders low resolution.

Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
Glurt97
Scratcher
64 posts

Scratch 3.0

I tried out the paint editor earlier today and ohhh boy it's really overwhelming

Hello there, I'm Glurt97! I'm just an average scratcher who makes animations and games, but mostly animations. I comment on the forums sometimes.

My favorite quotes:

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. -Steve Jobs

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The paint editor now has a proper colour picker (same one used for blocks) with a weird checkbox-like square on the bottom (I'm assuming they didn't fully remove the pick colour button yet); there are more tools, but only a few work; and the Scratch cat's arms and mouth are erasable

DeleteThisAcount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Sheep_maker wrote:

The paint editor now has a proper colour picker (same one used for blocks) with a weird checkbox-like square on the bottom (I'm assuming they didn't fully remove the pick colour button yet); there are more tools, but only a few work; and the Scratch cat's arms and mouth are erasable
Odd much

MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

infinitytec wrote:

StrawbostatGames wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

No, it's actually vector. The stage just renders low resolution.
hahahaahah…

oops i didn't know that

I like to make drawings move elsewhere, but on here I do mainly coding experiments. Check them out if you want!
MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Sheep_maker wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

I think that's a stage rendering issue because you can clearly reshape the costume

I guess the costume is saved as a vector costume, but before it's rendered onto the stage, it's wrongly first converted to bitmap and rescaled based on the sprite's size

I like the eraser in the costume editor though; it's more intuitive. Perhaps they can also add a bitmap-style fill tool (which isn't impossible, but might be difficult to implement)?
Huh…?

Recently, I just drew some stuff on the paint editor and then did
set size to [10000]
It's still pixelated… is that related to the rendering of the stage…?

I like to make drawings move elsewhere, but on here I do mainly coding experiments. Check them out if you want!
thisandagain
Forum Moderator
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

MinecraftM153 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

Huh…?

set size to [10000]

Yes. That's just an issue with how we are rendering things on the stage. The underlying paint editor is vector, but we have some bugs to fix in the rendering engine.
MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

thisandagain wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

MinecraftM153 wrote:

Huh…?

set size to [10000]

Yes. That's just an issue with how we are rendering things on the stage. The underlying paint editor is vector, but we have some bugs to fix in the rendering engine.
Oh.

._.

DaAndroid614
Scratcher
48 posts

Scratch 3.0

really glad to see some of the new blocks like “choose ()” and “after forever”(which i'm assuming will be “after stop sign clicked”)
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

DaAndroid614 wrote:

really glad to see some of the new blocks like “choose ()” and “after forever”(which i'm assuming will be “after stop sign clicked”)
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that those are placeholders just to test out the extensions interface, and won't be included in the final version of Scratch.

After all, having the option to run scripts when the stop sign is pressed is surely a bad idea in terms of UX.
Greenduck54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3.0

PullJosh wrote:

-snip-

After all, having the option to run scripts when the stop sign is pressed is surely a bad idea in terms of UX.
You can already do it:
when flag clicked
forever
set [timer+1 v] to ((timer)+(0.1))
end

when [timer v] > (timer+1)//Only runs when the forever loop stops (Stop sign clicked)
say [You clicked the Stop Sign!] for (20) secs

I used to make stuff on here, now i just come on when i'm bored, don't expect anything from me now.
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Jan. 1, 2020 00:00:00)
oh no, the joke is dead because that time is no longer in the future :I
Last edited by Greenduck54 (Apr. 20, 2069 00:00:00)
that's better
;