Discuss Scratch

LegoWarrior10
Scratcher
100+ posts

LS Inc. (Le Scratchers Incorporated) -- CALLING ALL SCRATCHERS, BE PART OF A REVOLUTION ---

Tacky wrote:

Zan wrote:

Tacky wrote:

Zan wrote:

Tacky wrote:

Zan wrote:

LeScratch wrote:

Zan wrote:

LeScratch wrote:

That is where the other teams come in. C'mon AMAZING graphics! THE BEST games! Sound! Art! Interaction! We have more than one team. No project is solely for one group. Say platformers. We have people who are here ONLY to do art. And I bet ya they'll do it well.
Yeah, but…
Usually I do art best as freestanding pieces. Just letting ya know. I don't always have the energy or the experience to do this with every piece. Plus, it's going to be rough if we work as divisions only, because each artist has his or her own style, and it becomes blatantly obvious what was done by who when it's all pieced together.

Not exactly. If I just told you to draw something. You could do it. Sure, you would have your own side of it, but that is what will make the things we do unique. And I'm not so sure style matters much if one person draws a hero, and another draws and animates and alien.
I can understand where your logic is coming from, but hear me out when I say that not all styles look good when placed together. Don't expect for every style to coincide perfectly just because they're separated by sprites or backgrounds. People will notice. I can handle the putting-together of unmatching styles, but some things just won't fit. Trust me, dear, I've been working in graphic design for a while.

I know what you mean Zaneki. Like what if one character is 8 bit and one is made using blender Maybe you should tell the specific kind of art we should make, whether its blurry/ pixel/ vector/ etc. Lescratcher
What kind of art should probably be decided after the assignment has been given. Although I think it'd be an interesting twist, not too many people are interested in using a pixel-art based OS.

Not too many people are going to like a pixel based OS is true. Maybe we could have a setting to change modes for fun?
Hmm… maybe. Sounds interesting, but it'd be an extra burden on programmers (not that I'd know, because frankly I'm a rather p1ss-poor coder myself :P )
It'll also be twice the work for artists, though.
I think we should keep that idea in mind.

It will be more work, but surely it will only help the project. Also what does p1ss mean?

I think that might be a good idea, although maybe we shouldn't even draw a pixel OS, and we could just use the pixel effect on the normal OS art. I don't really know how good that'll turn out though, but it could be a good time-saver.
Geesh. There are a lot of posts in this post.

Last edited by LegoWarrior10 (Oct. 17, 2013 14:05:28)

BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

LS Inc. (Le Scratchers Incorporated) -- CALLING ALL SCRATCHERS, BE PART OF A REVOLUTION ---

LeScratcher wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

1.Age on Scratch:4 months 2 weeks
2. Followers #:
3. # of projects, and # of Remixed projects. Made by me: < 55 Remixed: > 12
4. Skill or Specialty: I haven't found one yet.
5. Simulations, Games, Math, Music, or Animating?: Games
6. Any other Inc.'s you in? 6
7. How awesome is @LeScratcher?

Okay, games.
Thanks!
TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

TechnolgyBossGuy
xD

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

Does anyone know where the task list is?
tacky365
Scratcher
100+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

We haven't started yet.

BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

tacky365 wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

We haven't started yet.
Have we got enough members?
TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

tacky365 wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

We haven't started yet.
Have we got enough members?
The world may never know!

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end
r2dav2
Scratcher
56 posts

Hmmm…I think I should start on *something*…maybe some sort of mathy thing that you guys could turn into a game, I donno…xD
TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

r2dav2 wrote:

Hmmm…I think I should start on *something*…maybe some sort of mathy thing that you guys could turn into a game, I donno…xD
I'm gonna pass the time by making bad projects xT

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end
BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

TechnolgyGuy wrote:

r2dav2 wrote:

I'm gonna pass the time by making bad projects xT
r2dav2
Scratcher
56 posts

Oh, by the way, I have a pretty nice start on one game…I started a while back, I never finished it (and I probably never will by myself). So, if you guys want, I'd be fine if you worked on this project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/10435793/ . It has tons of glitches which need fixing, and the scripting layout is a little bulky…so, it could be a bit challenging to make it into a full game. So…? xD
LeScratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

GreenConsole wrote:

Hey, you like my new sig?

YEP!

LeScratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

OKay, I know you guys are anxious. My project ideas are:
- a Portal style game set in OUR laboratories
- a platformer in the darkness
- an OS

That's all I have. XD

r2dav2
Scratcher
56 posts

So, I guess “OS” falls under the category of “math”, right? xD
TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

LeScratcher wrote:

- an OS

That's all I have. XD
When will we start?

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end
LeScratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

r2dav2 wrote:

So, I guess “OS” falls under the category of “math”, right? xD

They weren't in order.

BigBlueBlock
Scratcher
500+ posts

TechnolgyGuy wrote:

LeScratcher wrote:

- an OS

That's all I have. XD
When will we start?
LS_Inc
Scratcher
7 posts

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Everything is in the first post.

BTW, guys, like the new account?
LeScratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Lumpy11 wrote:

1. 3 years
2. 19 Followers on my old account
3. 66 on both my accounts
4. Drawing in vector.
5. Animating
6. No
7.Yes

Okay!

TechnolgyGuy
Scratcher
100+ posts

LS_Inc wrote:

BigBlueBlock wrote:

Everything is in the first post.

BTW, guys, like the new account?
Of course we like the new account

when green flag clicked
forever
be awesome
end