Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

WarmChoco wrote:

Can i do the Standard Music ?

Sure, your tutor will be ZLGames!
anonymouskid
Scratcher
90 posts

Excuse me, but when do you want me to start my course?

AnonymousKid Table of Contents

Official Studio / Profile / Official Add Everything Studio
Follow, Love, and Favorite! And please don't bully. Also, click this and help encourage others to stop animal testing here

AnonymousKid is awesome!!!!!!!

Wanna chat with the ScratchCat? Check this out!
If you like that then go to this!

Invisblemario
Scratcher
100+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

Also for the final project you can download then upload so the project does not show as a remix.
I have yet to receive instructions.

Hi!
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(you meet me) = [true]> then
say [Hi!]
end
end
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

anonymouskid wrote:

Excuse me, but when do you want me to start my course?
Tyman hasn't replied but I'll set you some task tomorrow in the mean time.
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

Gaming Lesson 1 - Types of Games

Games are by far the most exciting part of Scratch, and are great fun to collaborate on! But the problem is - what type of game shall you make?

I see many collaboration posts which are like ‘Hey, can we collab to make a 3D multiplayer space game?’ This is nigh impossible on Scratch. There are many types of game you can make. Here are the main types that mean you can tell the difference between them.

Platformer These are pretty common on Scratch, and there is usually one made by a famous Scratcher in ‘What the Community is Loving’. They involve ‘platforms’ which a character can jump on and usually lava or enemies to avoid, and an exit to get to.

Strategy These games are not so common on Scratch due to their complexity and finding it tough to make AI. They are either real-time or turn based. They involve thinking to outwit an opponent.

Puzzle These games are fairly common, and self explanatory. You have a puzzle and you have to solve it.

RPG These games are big and usually have a storyline or plot. They are pretty difficult to make on Scratch, though some have been done.

Arcade These games are usually pretty simple and designed for casual play, and usually have retro graphics.

Tycoon These games are quite slow and involve trying to make more money by investing in items. There are a few on Scratch.

Other These games fit into no specific genre, and are just games. There are many of these on Scratch.

Your task is to find and categorise 5 games!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/37057512/ - rpg
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/19406549/ - rpg
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/15200040/ - strategy - tower defense
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/13144544/ - tycoon
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/57762654/ - tycoon

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
RickCall12
Scratcher
100+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

Gaming Lesson 1 - Types of Games

Games are by far the most exciting part of Scratch, and are great fun to collaborate on! But the problem is - what type of game shall you make?

I see many collaboration posts which are like ‘Hey, can we collab to make a 3D multiplayer space game?’ This is nigh impossible on Scratch. There are many types of game you can make. Here are the main types that mean you can tell the difference between them.

Platformer These are pretty common on Scratch, and there is usually one made by a famous Scratcher in ‘What the Community is Loving’. They involve ‘platforms’ which a character can jump on and usually lava or enemies to avoid, and an exit to get to.

Strategy These games are not so common on Scratch due to their complexity and finding it tough to make AI. They are either real-time or turn based. They involve thinking to outwit an opponent.

Puzzle These games are fairly common, and self explanatory. You have a puzzle and you have to solve it.

RPG These games are big and usually have a storyline or plot. They are pretty difficult to make on Scratch, though some have been done.

Arcade These games are usually pretty simple and designed for casual play, and usually have retro graphics.

Tycoon These games are quite slow and involve trying to make more money by investing in items. There are a few on Scratch.

Other These games fit into no specific genre, and are just games. There are many of these on Scratch.

Your task is to find and categorise 5 games!
Platform - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/74287684/ 3D Plat former game
Strategy - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/17154131/ Conquest of Rome
Puzzle - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/20424719/ 2048 game
RPG - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/21036005/ My Space RPG game
Arcade - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/23599915/ My chase game
Tycoon - My city builder https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/71983440/
Other - https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/73094382/ My political game
HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Invisblemario wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Also for the final project you can download then upload so the project does not show as a remix.
I have yet to receive instructions.

I was just adding to makethebrainhappy's tutorial. What course are you taking?
HarryB178
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@RickCall12 and @the_force - Well done! I'll work on another lesson soon!
RickCall12
Scratcher
100+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

Your task is to make a simple project which takes the input of a username, and if it begins with a vowel, number, consonant or other, it states so. If you need more info, just ask.
What do you mean? Make a program that requires you to input a name and then it says the first character?
Here:
It says
say [Your first character of your username is a (whatever it is)]

Use the username block or an input.

(username)

ask [What's your name?] and wait
(answer)
That still doesn't clear up what you want me to do.
the_force
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RickCall12 wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

RickCall12 wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

Your task is to make a simple project which takes the input of a username, and if it begins with a vowel, number, consonant or other, it states so. If you need more info, just ask.
What do you mean? Make a program that requires you to input a name and then it says the first character?
Here:
It says
say [Your first character of your username is a (whatever it is)]

Use the username block or an input.

(username)

ask [What's your name?] and wait
(answer)
That still doesn't clear up what you want me to do.
he meant to put a name into a block and the the AI must know if the name u put in starts with a vowel (a,e,i,o,u) or a constant, (all letters other than vowels) . It must also say so that it is

@K13Marie, @Writer and@Novakitty r my cute n sweet little sista HUG ME :D
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey all, I've been talking to @makethebrainhappy (Like you wanted me to) and he's told me that it might work, I just need to prepare all the details beforehand. (He said this about Teaching a Custom Blocks Class.) What type of details is he referring to?
WarmChoco
Scratcher
18 posts

Co49 wrote:

WarmChoco wrote:

Can i do the Standard Music ?

Sure, your tutor will be ZLGames!

Thanks ^-^
Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Hey all, I've been talking to @makethebrainhappy (Like you wanted me to) and he's told me that it might work, I just need to prepare all the details beforehand. (He said this about Teaching a Custom Blocks Class.) What type of details is he referring to?

What might work?

sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

Here is my submission.

Comeback time? Maybe?
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

HarryB178 wants you to detect the first letter of the player's username.
Then, return if it is a vowel (A, E, I, O, U) if it is a number (0-9) return saying it is a number, and if it is a consonant (Everything but A, E, I, O, and U.), return consonant. And if you can't recognize the character, say unknown/other.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by k9lego (Sept. 6, 2015 19:15:52)

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson19 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

What might work?

Bolded. (Co49 told me to ask Brains about it)

Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Crimson19 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

What might work?

Bolded. (Co49 told me to ask Brains about it)

It wouldn't make sense. It's just an extension of scripting.

k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could you please make a list of links for each course, and its posts.
It is starting to get chaotic, and may get worse. (Imaging searching through 40 pages for your homework…. )

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
RickCall12
Scratcher
100+ posts

k9lego wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

Then, return if it is a vowel (A, E, I, O, U (Let's not even talk about technicalities such as Y…)) if it is a number (0-9) return saying it is a number, and if it is a consonant (Everything but A, E, I, O, and U. (Ditto on the Y Technicality, for now, call it a consonant. :P)), return consonant. And if you can't recognize the character, say unknown/other.
Does that make sense?
Much, but I don't understand your thing with the Y.
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RickCall12 wrote:

k9lego wrote:

HarryB178 wrote:

Your task

Then, return if it is a vowel (A, E, I, O, U (Let's not even talk about technicalities such as Y…)) if it is a number (0-9) return saying it is a number, and if it is a consonant (Everything but A, E, I, O, and U. (Ditto on the Y Technicality, for now, call it a consonant. :P)), return consonant. And if you can't recognize the character, say unknown/other.
Does that make sense?
Much, but I don't understand your thing with the Y.
Never mind…
It's arguable that Y is a vowel sometimes… I'll remove that. xD

k9lego wrote:

Could you please make a list of links for each course, and its posts.
It is starting to get chaotic, and may get worse. (Imaging searching through 40 pages for your homework…. )

Last edited by k9lego (Sept. 6, 2015 19:16:16)

- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…