Scratcher
76 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U
I'm tired of all of the ‘New Super Mario Blah’ games…Nintendo needs to switch up the Mario series a bit.
I'd love to see new game in the style of Super Mario 64 for the Wii U. Beautiful HD graphics and all new levels.
It should be a continuation of Super Mario 64 - the main hub should be Peach's castle, your goal should still be finding stars, but it should have a different story and tons of different paintings for different worlds.

Super Mario Sunshine 2
Luigi's Mansion got a sequel, so why not Sunshine? They'd probably put it on the 3DS but I'd personally want it for the Wii U. Like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Mario Sunshine 2 should build upon the gameplay elements of the original game, add all new features and worlds, and have a new, original storyline.

A Paper Mario game for the Wii U
They made a mistake with Sticker Star in my opinion, so this game should resemble The Thousand Year Door. Preferably, I'd want it as a Paper Mario Thousand Year Door spinoff, featuring Luigi and his adventures (the ones that he tells you throughout the game).

A Kirby game for the Wii U
In the style of Return to Dreamland. It should have beautiful graphics, tons of new levels, enemies and powerups, and perhaps a five player mode where the fifth person uses the gamepad to assist the main four (like what they did in NSMBU)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
Just another 3DS Zelda remake to go along with Ocarina of Time 3D.

A Kid Icarus game for the Wii U
In the style of Kid Icarus: Uprising. It should be a direct sequel. Beautiful HD graphics, tons of new weapons, and polished GamePad controls.

An Animal Crossing game for the Wii U
Maybe a bit later on, to give enough time in between it and New Leaf. It should have a very polished and charming graphical style, and I'd personally want it to add a lot more features than the Animal Crossing games normally do when making a new installment.

Portal & Portal 2 for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

NO.

Minecraft hasn't been on ANY Nintendo consoles, and they confirmed it for Sony. I doubt Nintendo is on the list.

NO.

“Nope, nope, nope, so much nope!”
Minecraft has never been on a Nintendo console, therefore it should not be on the Wii U? Weak argument. The same could've been said about the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 4, but that didn't stop it.
Jens Bergensten of Mojang has even said that Minecraft had just as much of a chance to get a Wii U version as it does any other console.

Give me one good reason why Minecraft isn't suited for the Wii U that doesn't revolve around your personal opinions, and then maybe I'll rethink that idea.

It just doesn't fit.

I mean, look at the console! How will you plan that out? How will it work out? That's what really irks me.
Could you please elaborate? ‘It just doesn’t fit' isn't reason alone. What about the console isn't suited to Minecraft in your opinion? What do you think is preventing it from working out?
Personally, I've always felt that it would be a perfect fit on the Wii U - possibly better than both the Xbox and the Playstation.
This fan-made trailer takes a quite good approach - it is pretty much exactly how I would want it to work. It looks really polished and the controls seem perfect for it.

Last edited by wiimaster (Aug. 30, 2013 20:01:45)

chasethestickman
Scratcher
100+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U
I'm tired of all of the ‘New Super Mario Blah’ games…Nintendo needs to switch up the Mario series a bit.
I'd love to see new game in the style of Super Mario 64 for the Wii U. Beautiful HD graphics and all new levels.
It should be a continuation of Super Mario 64 - the main hub should be Peach's castle, your goal should still be finding stars, but it should have a different story and tons of different paintings for different worlds.

Super Mario Sunshine 2
Luigi's Mansion got a sequel, so why not Sunshine? They'd probably put it on the 3DS but I'd personally want it for the Wii U. Like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Super Mario Sunshine 2 should build upon the gameplay elements of the original game, add all new features and worlds, and have a new, original storyline.

They made a mistake with Sticker Star in my opinion, so this game should resemble The Thousand Year Door. Preferably, I'd want it as a Paper Mario Thousand Year Door spinoff, featuring Luigi and his adventures (the ones that he tells you throughout the game).

In the style of Return to Dreamland. It should have beautiful graphics, tons of new levels, enemies and powerups, and perhaps a five player mode where the fifth person uses the gamepad to assist the main four (like what they did in NSMBU)

In the style of Kid Icarus: Uprising. It should be a direct sequel. Beautiful HD graphics, tons of new weapons, and polished GamePad controls.

Maybe a bit later on, to give enough time in between it and New Leaf. It should have a very polished and charming graphical style, and I'd personally want it to add a lot more features than the Animal Crossing games normally do when making a new installment.

Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

NO.

Minecraft hasn't been on ANY Nintendo consoles, and they confirmed it for Sony. I doubt Nintendo is on the list.

NO.

Minecraft has never been on a Nintendo console, therefore it should not be on the Wii U? Weak argument. The same could've been said about the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 4, but that didn't stop it.
Jens Bergensten of Mojang has even said that Minecraft had just as much of a chance to get a Wii U version as it does any other console.

Give me one good reason why Minecraft isn't suited for the Wii U that doesn't revolve around your personal opinions, and then maybe I'll rethink that idea.

It just doesn't fit.

I mean, look at the console! How will you plan that out? How will it work out? That's what really irks me.
Could you please elaborate? ‘It just doesn’t fit' isn't reason alone. What about the console isn't suited to Minecraft in your opinion? What do you think is preventing it from working out?
Personally, I've always felt that it would be a perfect fit on the Wii U - possibly better than both the Xbox and the Playstation.
This fan-made trailer takes a quite good approach - it is pretty much exactly how I would want it to work. It looks really polished and the controls seem perfect for it.
The controls do seem to work out fairly nicely, but the only thing that would be probably uncomfortable is moving the GamePad to move the camera. Maybe a Camera function can be used with the second joystick. Otherwise, I just think Minecraft wouldn't fit very well on a Nintendo console, I think it just wouldn't work out very well, Putting it on Mobile, XBLA, and PSN is enough for me. I honestly think it should've stayed on the PC. I wouldn't want it on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't really an “Indie” game publishing (or whatever putting a game on a certain console is called) company. Nintendo is more about major developers.

Last edited by chasethestickman (Aug. 30, 2013 20:39:35)

haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

chasethestickman wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U

Super Mario Sunshine 2

Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

NO.

NO.

It just doesn't fit.

The controls do seem to work out fairly nicely, but the only thing that would be probably uncomfortable is moving the GamePad to move the camera. Maybe a Camera function can be used with the second joystick. Otherwise, I just think Minecraft wouldn't fit very well on a Nintendo console, I think it just wouldn't work out very well, Putting it on Mobile, XBLA, and PSN is enough for me. I honestly think it should've stayed on the PC. I wouldn't want it on a Nintendo console. Nintendo isn't really an “Indie” game publishing (or whatever putting a game on a certain console is called) company. Nintendo is more about major developers.
How bout the crafting menu is on the gamepad, so you can look at the TV to see what's going on around you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
wiimaster
Scratcher
76 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

haxcharsol wrote:

chasethestickman wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U

Super Mario Sunshine 2

Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

NO.

NO.

It just doesn't fit.

How bout the crafting menu is on the gamepad, so you can look at the TV to see what's going on around you.
I think all of these ideas could be different control setups that would be toggleable - so those who don't want motion controlled camera can switch it to being joystick controlled, and vice versa.

banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Mewly wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U

Super Mario Sunshine 2

Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.

NO.

NO.

It just doesn't fit.

If you ask me, Minecraft is actually ideal for the Wii U, especially with the GamePad. I can imagine the GamePad being used for inventory and crafting, while the TV screen is the main game environment. And sure, if you're playing with a Pro Controller (which honestly is better) you can just craft on the TV screen. It would be no different from the Xbox version.

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
wiimaster
Scratcher
76 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

banana500 wrote:

If you ask me, Minecraft is actually ideal for the Wii U, especially with the GamePad. I can imagine the GamePad being used for inventory and crafting, while the TV screen is the main game environment. And sure, if you're playing with a Pro Controller (which honestly is better) you can just craft on the TV screen. It would be no different from the Xbox version.
Agreed! Did you see the video I posted?

blueservine
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

How could I forget this!?
I want Super Yoda Brothers!

My signature was a really funny gif of Red wiggling her eyebrows, but I left it for a few months and it got taken down. Pity.
ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

wiimaster wrote:

banana500 wrote:

No, where is it?
wiimaster
Scratcher
76 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

ImagineIt wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

banana500 wrote:

No, where is it?
The fan-made trailer for a Minecraft Wii U version… it was a few posts back.

dsaztur
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

wiimaster wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

banana500 wrote:

No, where is it?
The fan-made trailer for a Minecraft Wii U version… it was a few posts back.
I agree with you. Minecraft is PERFECT on the Wii U.
It's like they're made for each other.

no
AngryDerps
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

wiimaster wrote:

Super Mario U

Super Mario Sunshine 2

Self explanatory.

Minecraft for the Wii U
Self explanatory.
What are you talking about? Sticker star was amazing! As for kid icarus, not everything should be on the wii u, and also, the developers said
That they won't make another, because the creator says “I am not making another, because I would not want to disappoint anyone.”

Don't worry, I'm a professional idiot.
HotCocoa28
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

AngryDerps wrote:

What are you talking about? Sticker star was amazing!
Not for everybody. I'm sorry to say, but I'm in that camp too, it was a huge disappointment after playing the other Paper Mario games. I don't mind them trying something new, it's just when that something new makes the gameplay annoying to me, and I also really didn't like the way the story was incredibly watered-down, that was one of my favorite parts of the first few games. The music was good though.

I would love a new Paper Mario on Wii U, considering some of the crazy stuff the games have done in the past, I think they could really do some neat things with the gamepad. Action commands in particular could have some neat ideas. Also, the aesthetics have been amazing in the series before, and the Wii U would do wonders.

Last edited by HotCocoa28 (Sept. 1, 2013 00:01:01)

When translation goes wrong…
AngryDerps
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

HotCocoa28 wrote:

AngryDerps wrote:

Not for everybody. I'm sorry to say, but I'm in that camp too, it was a huge disappointment after playing the other Paper Mario games. I don't mind them trying something new, it's just when that something new makes the gameplay annoying to me, and I also really didn't like the way the story was incredibly watered-down, that was one of my favorite parts of the first few games. The music was good though.

I would love a new Paper Mario on Wii U, considering some of the crazy stuff the games have done in the past, I think they could really do some neat things with the gamepad. Action commands in particular could have some neat ideas. Also, the aesthetics have been amazing in the series before, and the Wii U would do wonders.
I disagree, I find the story to be fine, and I think it's pretty good.
Also, I've played the other paper Mario's, and I still think it's great, saving up the most powerful stickers and then releasing them,
In a burst of death, also, I found the final boss' battle gimmick to be, very sad…..But also very fun.

wiimaster
Scratcher
76 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

AngryDerps wrote:

Sticker Star was a step backwards. They took so many of the core elements of the series and removed them, leaving an empty shell of a Paper Mario game. No partners? How, in any stretch, could that be considered a good idea? Even Super Paper Mario, which is notorious for changing too many core elements, still had partners!
I felt that the sticker gimmick got old, fast. I don't like the concept of buying my own moves. It's good to take risks, and change it up a bit, but some changes are just too much. Paper Mario is a series where innovation should be put in the story and characters, as opposed to the game mechanics - which in my opinion were already perfect in Thousand Year Door.
Furthermore, another thing that irked me was the story. It was majorly lacking. How on earth, after the masterful stories of the Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario, can you revert to the generic ‘Bowser kidnaps Peach’ shtick again? Paper Mario usually brings the best plots. I was disappointed when Bowser was back to being the main villain. One thing that I enjoyed about the first couple of games, is that Bowser is initially the main villain but then he becomes a minor villain or even an ally because of some greater force of evil. What happened to that sort of creativity?
And don't get me started on the locations. Seriously… a world map? Are they trying to take Paper Mario and turn it into a New Super Mario Bros game?
Creative locations such as Glitzville, Twilight Town, and the Perplex Express are now replaced by grass level, water level, snowy level, jungle level… all those generic worlds that one would find in a Super Mario Bros game.
There was just too much lacking. I missed leveling up. I missed special moves. I missed badges. I missed NPCs (other than toads). I missed unique characters and locations. I missed controlling Peach or Bowser in between chapters (ah, how I miss chapters). In this game, you have no idea what is happening with Peach or Bowser, because we only see Mario's perspective!
Something else about it was lacking, but I can't put my finger on it… maybe it's just the general charm that I've always felt throughout the first games. They were so witty, charming, and lovable. But when you have a game with only two main characters, and only one that can speak, of course the dialogue is going to be watered down.
The only compliment that I can possibly come up with about this game is it's excellent soundtrack. Pity that it had to be wasted on this game.
I think that the first mistake was putting it on the 3DS. Paper Mario feels like a strictly console game. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3DS, but there are just some games that don't work. I think that their next mistake was replacing pretty much the entirety of the previous development team with some new people. I think that their biggest mistake was abandoning the partner system and the leveling-up features in favor of the sticker system, which they considered ‘better’. There were just so many mistakes… from Miyamoto encouraging the developers to keep the story minimal, to him wanting the scrap all of the Paper Mario exclusive enemies and only use generic Super Mario ones.
Paper Mario is my absolute favorite series, so this game was a huge disappointment. The fact that people actually like it bothers me too, because that means that they will probably continue making them for their handheld systems in the same style as sticker star.
Gee, I just can't wait until ‘Paper Mario and the Generic Storyline’ comes out on the 2DS.

Overall, I'd give Sticker Star a 6/10. The game itself isn't broken or that bad, what makes it awful is comparing it to its predecessors. Basically, it's alright as a game but bad as a Paper Mario game.

Here is how I would rank the series overall:
Paper Mario 64 - 8.5/10, (a wonderful, classic game)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 9.5/10 (a purely brilliant masterpiece, one of my favorite games)
Super Paper Mario - 7/10 (slightly disappointing in ways, but still a solid game)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 6/10 (very disappointing and lackluster)

…I apologize for ranting…

Last edited by wiimaster (Sept. 1, 2013 12:56:32)

AngryDerps
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

wiimaster wrote:

AngryDerps wrote:

Sticker Star was a step backwards. They took so many of the core elements of the series and removed them, leaving an empty shell of a Paper Mario game. No partners? How, in any stretch, could that be considered a good idea? Even Super Paper Mario, which is notorious for changing too many core elements, still had partners!
I felt that the sticker gimmick got old, fast. I don't like the concept of buying my own moves. It's good to take risks, and change it up a bit, but some changes are just too much. Paper Mario is a series where innovation should be put in the story and characters, as opposed to the game mechanics - which in my opinion were already perfect in Thousand Year Door.
Furthermore, another thing that irked me was the story. It was majorly lacking. How on earth, after the masterful stories of the Thousand Year Door and Super Paper Mario, can you revert to the generic ‘Bowser kidnaps Peach’ shtick again? Paper Mario usually brings the best plots. I was disappointed when Bowser was back to being the main villain. One thing that I enjoyed about the first couple of games, is that Bowser is initially the main villain but then he becomes a minor villain or even an ally because of some greater force of evil. What happened to that sort of creativity?
And don't get me started on the locations. Seriously… a world map? Are they trying to take Paper Mario and turn it into a New Super Mario Bros game?
Creative locations such as Glitzville, Twilight Town, and the Perplex Express are now replaced by grass level, water level, snowy level, jungle level… all those generic worlds that one would find in a Super Mario Bros game.
There was just too much lacking. I missed leveling up. I missed special moves. I missed badges. I missed NPCs (other than toads). I missed unique characters and locations. I missed controlling Peach or Bowser in between chapters (ah, how I miss chapters). In this game, you have no idea what is happening with Peach or Bowser, because we only see Mario's perspective!
Something else about it was lacking, but I can't put my finger on it… maybe it's just the general charm that I've always felt throughout the first games. They were so witty, charming, and lovable. But when you have a game with only two main characters, and only one that can speak, of course the dialogue is going to be watered down.
The only compliment that I can possibly come up with about this game is it's excellent soundtrack. Pity that it had to be wasted on this game.
I think that the first mistake was putting it on the 3DS. Paper Mario feels like a strictly console game. Don't get me wrong, I love the 3DS, but there are just some games that don't work. I think that their next mistake was replacing pretty much the entirety of the previous development team with some new people. I think that their biggest mistake was abandoning the partner system and the leveling-up features in favor of the sticker system, which they considered ‘better’. There were just so many mistakes… from Miyamoto encouraging the developers to keep the story minimal, to him wanting the scrap all of the Paper Mario exclusive enemies and only use generic Super Mario ones.
Paper Mario is my absolute favorite series, so this game was a huge disappointment. The fact that people actually like it bothers me too, because that means that they will probably continue making them for their handheld systems in the same style as sticker star.
Gee, I just can't wait until ‘Paper Mario and the Generic Storyline’ comes out on the 2DS.

Overall, I'd give Sticker Star a 6/10. The game itself isn't broken or that bad, what makes it awful is comparing it to its predecessors. Basically, it's alright as a game but bad as a Paper Mario game.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - 9.5/10 (a purely brilliant masterpiece, one of my favorite games)
Super Paper Mario - 7/10 (slightly disappointing in ways, but still a solid game)

Well, I don't play Mario games for the story, and also, bowser is not really the main enemy, that's the sticker on his head.
As for charm, DID YOU EVEN FIGHT KAMEK!!! He turns all your stickers into flip-flops!
The game DOES have a lot of charm! Like shopkeepers being frozen, and a toad that runs around the world getting beaten up,
But when you check his diary, he pretends to be a hero!

Also, the sticker gimmick is AMAZING, because it adds a new dimension to the game, you earn loads of coins,
But if you wanna be OP, you gotta spend them all.

And besides, if you want an AMAZING Mario RPG, Play dream team, which is amazing. Dream team is one of the most creative Mario RPGs ever.

Last edited by AngryDerps (Sept. 1, 2013 14:54:04)

banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

I never played Paper Mario: Sticker Star so I seriously have no leverage. From what I've seen of it, though, it looks really cool! I might get it.

I love the Paper Mario series on its own though. My favorite is probably Super Paper Mario but I loved playing The Thousand Year Door back in 2004.

Last edited by banana500 (Sept. 1, 2013 16:21:08)

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

hey guys here's a tool that will allow you to make some of the games in this thread

scratch.mit.edu

now go have fun kids

I am a Lava Expert
blueservine
Scratcher
500+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

scratchisthebest wrote:

hey guys here's a tool that will allow you to make some of the games in this thread

scratch.mit.edu

now go have fun kids
Yay!

My signature was a really funny gif of Red wiggling her eyebrows, but I left it for a few months and it got taken down. Pity.
ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Games That MUST Be Made

AngryDerps wrote:

wiimaster wrote:

AngryDerps wrote:

Well, I don't play Mario games for the story, and also, bowser is not really the main enemy, that's the sticker on his head.
As for charm, DID YOU EVEN FIGHT KAMEK!!! He turns all your stickers into flip-flops!
The game DOES have a lot of charm! Like shopkeepers being frozen, and a toad that runs around the world getting beaten up,
But when you check his diary, he pretends to be a hero!

Also, the sticker gimmick is AMAZING, because it adds a new dimension to the game, you earn loads of coins,
But if you wanna be OP, you gotta spend them all.

And besides, if you want an AMAZING Mario RPG, Play dream team, which is amazing. Dream team is one of the most creative Mario RPGs ever.
Dream team is nice,(I played the demo) but it seems like they made it way too easy compared to the previous ones. I can land an excellent on every move in Dream Team, while it was much harder to get one in Bowser's Inside Story.
pokeywokey
Scratcher
84 posts

Games That MUST Be Made

TESVI: Equestria

Last edited by pokeywokey (Sept. 1, 2013 17:38:47)