Discuss Scratch

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Community guidelines at account creation (45+ SUPPORTERS)

Wait, when you click the link to become a Scratcher, isn't there also a link to the CG's?

scienceexplorer1
Scratcher
100+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Wait, when you click the link to become a Scratcher, isn't there also a link to the CG's?
Yes.
However new scratchers won't know the GC's once they do…

Be cool
- Chilout -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uoXbsmEBf4

The future lies ahead of us.

Did you know the universe is immensely filled with vacuum rather then any form of matter inside of it?. Well probably you do …
But here is the thing when andromeda galaxy collides with milky way it is expected that not a single star will collide. Space is space. Matter is in a very very small space.

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, not enough people read the Community Guidelines right now. I think it should also mention that the real Scratch rules are in the Terms of Use, since very few people seem to know that as well.

SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think something similar should happen if a user goes onto the forums and they have not posted yet, expect a forum rules sticky is shown.

Obvious support for this, it makes Scratch safer if everyone knows the rules.
Queer_Royalty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It was pointed out in a duplicate topic that some users may simply skip over the CGs. We came up with this possible solution:

I don't know if 30 seconds is the exact right time. What if the ST tested out this feature without the timer, and found the average reading time of 100 new users, removing extreme outliers where it was clear the account was skipping the guidelines, and then removed about 10 seconds from that time and made that the timer?

Of course, this may be affected by alts simply skimming it, but it's hard to remove all of the variables and it would probably be close enough.

i would like to sincerely apologize for the above post.

i am stupid, weird, worthless, and in general a bad person but at least i am decent at platformers.
LankyBox01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, this would help users understand the guidelines and rules before doing anything on the site, decreasing new users breaking the community guidelines

Do you have trouble with scratch slang? Check this awesome site out!

I'm a red panda btw
magiccodegirl678
Scratcher
500+ posts

Full support, the community guidelines are currently hidden in the footer, where they are most likely not seen by most people. If people read them at account creation, then there would be less spam and bullying. Also, more people would be aware of the “remix culture” Scratch has, and have a better understanding that anyone can use code or art from other's projects, but cannot completely copy them. This would cut down on users who don't want people remixing their projects or using their art.

Last edited by kaj (Unknown 00:00:00)
This is a forum signature. It appears under every post I make.
Select text + Shift + Press down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Are you having trouble loading the “my stuff” page or other things on the website? Before you make a topic about it, go here.

Before posting on the forums, view the pinned topics labeled “Sticky”. They contain important information about that forum.

About Me:
magiccodegirl678||Girl||She/Her||Scratcher||Wiki Editor||Coder||Artist||Helper||Mostly posts in QaS and Suggestions forums
Quick Links:
||Profile||Scratch Wiki Home||Scratch Team essay||Be civil essay||

if<impossible block :: pen boolean>then::hat
when gf clicked :: sensing stack
this doesn't feel ((right) :: grey ring) :: operators stack
stop me :: sound cap

This signature was last updated on 27th of April, 2024

;

-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wait i made a topic similar to this (https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/520517/ ) should i close it? its just one part of this but still
VioletCalico
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! This is a wonderful idea. I think it will reduce the number of new scratchers that get banned for breaking guidelines that they can’t even find.

-0Nebula0- wrote:

wait i made a topic similar to this (https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/520517/ ) should i close it? its just one part of this but still

This one encompasses all the guidelines, so I would close yours only if you want to.

-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VioletCalico wrote:

Support! This is a wonderful idea. I think it will reduce the number of new scratchers that get banned for breaking guidelines that they can’t even find.

-0Nebula0- wrote:

This one encompasses all the guidelines, so I would close yours only if you want to.
alright, thank you ^^
10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

-0Nebula0- wrote:

Now that you’ve closed your topic I’ll move my comment to this topic which was just that making the acceptance of the community guidelines at the time of a New Scratcher userid is created would save money and give people a better experience when using the site. But there also has to be “the stick” which is something like a nice warning that says “Please understand that following the guidelines is very important to your continuing to be a part of this community.”

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

scienceexplorer1
Scratcher
100+ posts

wait i sorta remember this, i got a notification from this but when i so the post 1/09, i didn't remember posting yesterday but it turns out it was 1/09/2021

Anyways reading the CG's is important so the users get notified and know what they can and can NOT do.

Be cool
- Chilout -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uoXbsmEBf4

The future lies ahead of us.

Did you know the universe is immensely filled with vacuum rather then any form of matter inside of it?. Well probably you do …
But here is the thing when andromeda galaxy collides with milky way it is expected that not a single star will collide. Space is space. Matter is in a very very small space.

hiPeeps124816
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, this is like terms and conditions before installing software but its much shorter and therefore people will want to read them

Generation 7: First time you see this? Copy and paste it on top of your signature in the forums and increase generation by 1.

thethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethethe
Specs -
Browser: Varies, usually Safari 15.3 or Opera GX 83 or Firefox 96
Computer: Late 2013 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Dual Core Intel Core i5
highlight and shift down arrow

;
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! Now people know the rules of Scratch.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sonic__fan wrote:

Support! Now people know the rules of Scratch.
what

Jackson49_test
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

second paged

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
-Arch-Illusions-
Scratcher
10 posts

I support. Most websites do this, so yeah. Also that is very helpful so that users won't do anything bad.

Hello, I am Arch Illusions!
This is the home of the illusions of Scratch! Feel free to remix my projects! And feel free to use these illusions. But please give credit to me if you use them.
Yay!
PeteyTheParrot
Scratcher
100+ posts

I support! when I started scratch I didn't even know there rlly was a community guidelines-

magiccodegirl678
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump

Last edited by kaj (Unknown 00:00:00)
This is a forum signature. It appears under every post I make.
Select text + Shift + Press down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Are you having trouble loading the “my stuff” page or other things on the website? Before you make a topic about it, go here.

Before posting on the forums, view the pinned topics labeled “Sticky”. They contain important information about that forum.

About Me:
magiccodegirl678||Girl||She/Her||Scratcher||Wiki Editor||Coder||Artist||Helper||Mostly posts in QaS and Suggestions forums
Quick Links:
||Profile||Scratch Wiki Home||Scratch Team essay||Be civil essay||

if<impossible block :: pen boolean>then::hat
when gf clicked :: sensing stack
this doesn't feel ((right) :: grey ring) :: operators stack
stop me :: sound cap

This signature was last updated on 27th of April, 2024

;