Discuss Scratch

zlivvy
Scratcher
64 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Hey guys! Feel free to read through this idea and post but I will not be checking this anymore or arguing with people. Thanks!
___________________________________________________________
I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “lost in the crowd” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!



Notice the empty space on the sides?

An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)



If the wallpaper is inappropriate, rude, or disrespectful you could just report it the same way you report a icon or just report the user. But if we do do this then it would not be from a list of things because the would ruin the point.

Notice the wallpaper? Also notice that it is just the same image over and over again so even if you have a small image it won't be much of a problem

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support! If you don't please post why you don't! Oh and please comment “YOLO” If you read all this!

Ciao!

___________________________________________________________

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 9,000%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
PrincessPanda_test_ 100%
ChocolatePi 100%
charlesdog 100%
Critic2100 100%
cwkethan1508 100%
stickfiregames 100%
Theory 100%
ComicWorldBros 100%
NickyNouse 100%
rollercoasterfan 100%
regans9 100%
worldof 100%
Epicness123 100%
JoeyTheChicken 100%
higzlepic9000 100%
-Kagamine- 100%
legob0t 100%
Grash 100%
WAFFL3 100%
Blue-Monkey 100%
archerlove24 100%
The_Smiley_Face 100%
matey1234 50%
Grash 100%
gamelover292 100%
mundofinkyenglish 1000000%
Blank1234 74%
Superandultra 50%
IronBit_Studios 100%
miniapples02 100%
iamlink1 100%
JamesOuO 100%
rainbowpie14 100000%
MathlyCat 100%
BF10 100%
Dmith 100%
Charmind 100%
Lemonade5 100%
PieCraftTV 110%
saurkrauts 64%
greenthing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

N O N S U P P O R T E R S
DaSpudLord
carsracer
matey1234
Epicness123

I've stopped counting supporters but that doesn't mean you can't still support

Last edited by zlivvy (Nov. 3, 2015 19:29:10)


Amazing_Ace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Looks like this could be something big. Support!
cwrivera99
Scratcher
500+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Eh… kinda supoort…

when this block is clicked::sensing hat//FYI, this is my old account that I no longer use. My current account is @DaSpudLord.
forever {do (a [scratch v]::events ring)::sound}::extension cstart
say [what the...?] in (the language of [the moon people v]::red)::control
create [spontaneous v] explosion in [a flea's stomach]::motion
That's not right...::cend
If you are reading this… Then congratulations! You have found the part of my signature that was eaten by a kumquat! (On a side note, you are probably in a kumquat's stomach.) Now get out of the kumquat's stomach and go do something productive with your life. Like playing this game over and over again. Very productive.
Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Support!

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
WillboSwaggins
Scratcher
86 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Support 110%
The_Scratch_Squad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Could you make that into a readable format? I cant read it on this (kinda crummy) computer:
My browser / operating system: Windows XP, Chrome 42.0.2311.135, Flash 17.0 (release 0)

But from the title, I will stick with semi support until I get the details…
Support

Last edited by The_Scratch_Squad (May 2, 2015 14:49:00)


REMEMBER! Clicky That Sticky AND Read it Carefully before making new topics.
Get the Worlds Fails on Math!!!
zlivvy
Scratcher
64 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

The_Scratch_Squad: But from the title, I will stick with semi support until I get the details…

I changed the text format you should be able to read it now!

Ciao!

Last edited by zlivvy (May 3, 2015 03:17:25)


The_Scratch_Squad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

zlivvy wrote:

The_Scratch_Squad: But from the title, I will stick with semi support until I get the details…

I changed the text format you should be able to read it now!

Ciao!

~zlivvy
____________________________________________________________________

Check out my profile https://scratch.mit.edu/users/zlivvy/ !
My mascot stole my signature so…

Thanks!

REMEMBER! Clicky That Sticky AND Read it Carefully before making new topics.
Get the Worlds Fails on Math!!!
Scratcher1002
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

+0, because this could be used to show inappropriate content. +1 if it had to be cleared through the ST but other wise +0.
zlivvy
Scratcher
64 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Scratcher1002 wrote:

+0, because this could be used to show inappropriate content. +1 if it had to be cleared through the ST but other wise +0.

Well yes it could but everything on scratch can be used to show inappropriate content. Peoples icons, studios, projects ect. And if it does you can always report the user. I don't think this will be a very big problem but I thank you for being cautious

Ciao!


Last edited by zlivvy (May 3, 2015 03:17:37)


superigor9123
Scratcher
75 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

zlivvy wrote:

I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅ” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I0GNZUbnmSI/VURHXeJHFHI/AAAAAAAAAUY/IFjGF0swi7s/s1600/ProfileThing.png


An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RLHCoL21PYM/VURJH2A7IMI/AAAAAAAAAUo/OdoYYe8EmSA/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-05-01%2Bat%2B9.48.03%2BPM.png

Notice the wallpaper?

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support!

Ciao!

~zlivvy
____________________________________________________________________

Check out my profile https://scratch.mit.edu/users/zlivvy/ !
My mascot stole my signature so…

____________________________________________________________________

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
cwrivera99 50%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 110%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
How would i use that canvas?

when green flag clicked
forever

if <Superigor9123 (AKA the amazing igor TAI).> then
say [The world turned into a new better level!.]

end

end
zlivvy
Scratcher
64 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

superigor9123 wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡᴅ” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-I0GNZUbnmSI/VURHXeJHFHI/AAAAAAAAAUY/IFjGF0swi7s/s1600/ProfileThing.png


An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RLHCoL21PYM/VURJH2A7IMI/AAAAAAAAAUo/OdoYYe8EmSA/s1600/Screen%2BShot%2B2015-05-01%2Bat%2B9.48.03%2BPM.png

Notice the wallpaper?

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support!

Ciao!

~zlivvy
____________________________________________________________________

Check out my profile https://scratch.mit.edu/users/zlivvy/ !
My mascot stole my signature so…

____________________________________________________________________

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
cwrivera99 50%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 110%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
How would i use that canvas?

when green flag clicked
forever

if <Superigor9123 (AKA the amazing igor TAI).> then
say [The world turned into a new better level!.]

end

end


Sorry but I don't understand…

Ciao!

Last edited by zlivvy (May 3, 2015 03:18:01)


PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Support!














Click the image for something special!

Wanna collab on something Sonic?
Amazing_Ace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

zlivvy wrote:

Scratcher1002 wrote:

+0, because this could be used to show inappropriate content. +1 if it had to be cleared through the ST but other wise +0.
Well yes it could but everything on scratch can be used to show inappropriate content. Peoples icons, studios, projects ect. And if it does you can always report the user. I don't think this will be a very big problem but I thank you for being cautious
I thought of this as well. We could add it and if anything is child inappropriate we could just flag it.
zlivvy
Scratcher
64 posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Amazing_Ace wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

Scratcher1002 wrote:

+0, because this could be used to show inappropriate content. +1 if it had to be cleared through the ST but other wise +0.
Well yes it could but everything on scratch can be used to show inappropriate content. Peoples icons, studios, projects ect. And if it does you can always report the user. I don't think this will be a very big problem but I thank you for being cautious
I thought of this as well. We could add it and if anything is child inappropriate we could just flag it.

Exactly

Ciao!

Last edited by zlivvy (May 3, 2015 03:18:13)


cwrivera99
Scratcher
500+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Amazing_Ace wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

Scratcher1002 wrote:

+0, because this could be used to show inappropriate content. +1 if it had to be cleared through the ST but other wise +0.
Well yes it could but everything on scratch can be used to show inappropriate content. Peoples icons, studios, projects ect. And if it does you can always report the user. I don't think this will be a very big problem but I thank you for being cautious
I thought of this as well. We could add it and if anything is child inappropriate we could just flag it.
You would judt report it the same way you report an innapropriate profile pic.

when this block is clicked::sensing hat//FYI, this is my old account that I no longer use. My current account is @DaSpudLord.
forever {do (a [scratch v]::events ring)::sound}::extension cstart
say [what the...?] in (the language of [the moon people v]::red)::control
create [spontaneous v] explosion in [a flea's stomach]::motion
That's not right...::cend
If you are reading this… Then congratulations! You have found the part of my signature that was eaten by a kumquat! (On a side note, you are probably in a kumquat's stomach.) Now get out of the kumquat's stomach and go do something productive with your life. Like playing this game over and over again. Very productive.
Amazing_Ace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Exactly, which is why I think this could be a great way to add an extra bit of creativity.
charlesdog
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

support

i really dont know what to put here
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Amazing_Ace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

Exactly like that.

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile